NYJetsFan.com Forums: Antonio Cromartie: I'm Nfl's Best Cornerback - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Chaos Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:33 AM) If the Jets can't land Mariota or Winston, they're going to have to draft someone. Why not a potential #1 WR?
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 AM) Get cooper trade for cutler
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (15 December 2014 - 12:19 PM) We won't get cooper, not every team needs a qb in front of us
Jetsman05 Icon : (15 December 2014 - 12:27 PM) Lol cutler??
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (15 December 2014 - 12:28 PM) Maybe Winston slips as bit
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 12:31 PM) Lol <insert name here>??
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 12:32 PM) Lol milber??
Jetsman05 Icon : (15 December 2014 - 12:35 PM) What is a milber
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 12:36 PM) milber is love milber is life
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 07:25 PM) Espn trashing saints defense like geno is playing on it
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:26 PM) pssssst Santana........MGG FOR MOD IN 15
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) This isn't congress
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) this is srszz bizness
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) MGG FOR MOD IN 15!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) YES
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) so do we beat the pats or just let them get the easy win
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) At this point I am all about ruining their chance for home field.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:15 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:24 PM) O we will win
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:24 PM) Rex will end his last game in metlife with a bang
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:44 PM) bang bang!
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:25 PM) You know Rex will dial up some crazy packages for Brady. He probably has that D-line all riled up already.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:44 PM) Riled up to get Fired up
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) Connor Cook from MI State is projected to go in the middle of the first round.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 04:48 PM) Cook is not ready for the NFL.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) Lol cook??
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 04:54 PM) I think very highly of Connor Cook. But if he is projected to go in the first round of the 2015 draft, this is going to be a very weak draft.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:02 PM) Connor Cook is going back to school..
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) Lol school??
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:31 PM) I don't know anything about him but he was projected by two different mock drafts to go to the Texans
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:20 PM) Woody Johnson favorited a tweet about firing Idzik lol
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Today, 02:15 AM) woody better fire that ass clown if he wants fans to attend games next season. He messed the whole thing up by hiring a GM without letting him choose the coach. He likely was told no by the top 20 candidates and stuck himself with is dick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:18 AM) yup, I don't trust Idzik to make good use of our top draft pick or sign quality FAs. Or hire our next HC
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (Today, 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Antonio Cromartie: I'm Nfl's Best Cornerback

#1 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

By all sane accounts, New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis is done for the season, and everyone is acting a little funny in New York. Joe McKnight is playing cornerback and isn't particularly happy about it. New starter Kyle Wilson didn't want to talk to the media.

And Antonio Cromartie is ready to take over the mantle as the No. 1 guy -- in the entire NFL.

Cromartie told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News that he's now the best cornerback in the NFL. Cromartie says he's better than Nnamdi Asomugha, just like he was better than Asomugha two years ago.

"I have said that I'm the second-best corner in the NFL," Cromartie said. "I'm not backing off what I said. I don't care what anyone else believes. ... It's my confidence in myself. I know what I'm capable of when I'm at the top of my game.

"This is Revis' team. He's been a consistent corner every single year. I haven't been.

Some self-awareness showed up there, just at the end. Cromartie isn't always a willing tackler, and his play has been uneven in New York. With that said, he's mostly been a quality starter while opposite Revis. The Jets gambled on Cromartie, and it paid off.

He's not the No. 2 cornerback in the league, but you could argue he's in the top 10.
[img][/img]

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostMikeGangGreenFan2, on 29 September 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

By all sane accounts, New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis is done for the season, and everyone is acting a little funny in New York. Joe McKnight is playing cornerback and isn't particularly happy about it. New starter Kyle Wilson didn't want to talk to the media.

And Antonio Cromartie is ready to take over the mantle as the No. 1 guy -- in the entire NFL.

Cromartie told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News that he's now the best cornerback in the NFL. Cromartie says he's better than Nnamdi Asomugha, just like he was better than Asomugha two years ago.

"I have said that I'm the second-best corner in the NFL," Cromartie said. "I'm not backing off what I said. I don't care what anyone else believes. ... It's my confidence in myself. I know what I'm capable of when I'm at the top of my game.

"This is Revis' team. He's been a consistent corner every single year. I haven't been.

Some self-awareness showed up there, just at the end. Cromartie isn't always a willing tackler, and his play has been uneven in New York. With that said, he's mostly been a quality starter while opposite Revis. The Jets gambled on Cromartie, and it paid off.

He's not the No. 2 cornerback in the league, but you could argue he's in the top 10.

I'll be honest. Off the top of my head I cant think of to many corners better than cro.

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

He turned out to be right about Nnamdi. f*** it, I'm riding with Cro.

#4 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Cromartie is good at getting himself in good position to make plays.

He is beyond awful at actually making those plays. He is good at committing penalties, though.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#5 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

Where is a media boycott when you need it?
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Back it up, I have no problem with him having confidence though. CB is a position where confidence is key.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

The best corner in the league outside of Revis and the best receiver on the team. No doubt Cro's also the best father in the world, according to himself.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users