NYJetsFan.com Forums: Sunday Countdown - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 April 2014 - 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (23 April 2014 - 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (23 April 2014 - 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (23 April 2014 - 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 AM) Pineda solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:19 AM) Pineda went Boston strong on Boston
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:57 AM) He has, except he is stupid for putting the shit on his neck. He has to hide that better.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:14 AM) @Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:14 AM) now that would be a fairly big move
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:46 AM) If they trade Suh to get Watkins, I would laugh. That doesn't really make their team better, they already have a high yardage passing attack
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:47 AM) They have the best WR in football and they signed Tate who will be a excellent #2 to Johnson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 AM) too many smokes screens. f*** the extra 2 weeks of this shit, the draft should be tonight!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:04 PM) The media is so dumb, Jon Gieger Revis' best friend tweets a pic from the Jets website and says it's revis, and all of the media goes along with it making fun of the Jets when it was really Jeremy Kerleyr.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) uh oh - "Bradley Roby charged with operating a vehicle under the influence"
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:56 PM) THE YANKEES
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Sunday Countdown

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,765
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

Meshown said the Jets have no talent. He goes on to say the coaching staff is the only reason we are competitive. He also said outside of 7 players we have no one who could start on another team. At first I just called him a hater. After letting it stew for a minute he may have a point. Breaking it down excluding Revis.

Mangold
Brick
Holmes
Cro
Landry
Harris
Keller
Am I missing anyone?

Now to put this in perspective, How many teams have an all star cast?
Eagles? Maybe but the dream team does not play like it.
Giants? All Star? no but soilid in almost every position.
Greenbay? Nope. They do have some great talent but they have huge holes in the O-Line and Defense.
Texans? One of my SB picks. Probably one of the more complete teams. Like the Giants solid but not overpowering with talent outside of Johnson and Foster.
Bears? My other SB pick, Hard one. Can the veteran players stay on the field all year? Will cutler implode?

I guess my thought is there is not a team that is 100% complete. The teams that have been winning are more solid throughout rather than having an all star roster or alot of marquee players. End of the day Key had a point. We need more talent. We need a more solid team with less question marks and stop the spending on marquee players. We could fill two holes with solid players that will help us win.
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 6,980
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

Could do this with any team...
0

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,954
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

Hes right, this team lacks talent. What do we have on offense? A awful starting RB, inexperienced WRs, nothing at TE outside of Keller who isn't playing and a inconsistent QB. On defense our front 7 lacks talent, we have no pass rusher or speed.

Tannenbaum's seat should be hot right now.
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,765
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 30 September 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

Hes right, this team lacks talent. What do we have on offense? A awful starting RB, inexperienced WRs, nothing at TE outside of Keller who isn't playing and a inconsistent QB. On defense our front 7 lacks talent, we have no pass rusher or speed.

Tannenbaum's seat should be hot right now.

Yup. I cant think of a perfect team but we seem to have more holes than the norm. Tanny better get to work.
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,765
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 30 September 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

Could do this with any team...

Yup but this is a Jets site last I checked
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

Sounds right except with the idea our coaching staff keeps us in games. Most teams don't have tons of obvious starters and get more out of them. Watch our defense without Revis.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#7 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,765
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 30 September 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

Sounds right except with the idea our coaching staff keeps us in games. Most teams don't have tons of obvious starters and get more out of them. Watch our defense without Revis.

Its hard to build a house with limited tools.
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 30 September 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

Its hard to build a house with limited tools.


Ryan was hired onto a team that had nine wins and missed the playoffs because the QB got hurt. There were three Pro-Bowl linemen on offense and Harris and Revis on defense. What has Ryan been a part of adding?

When people talk about good players on our team, who do they mention? Revis, Mangold, Ferguson (not much these days), Harris. When people talk about guys who should be benched or whatever, who do they talk about? Sanchez, Greene, Wilson, Holmes...Ryan has been leading this team into regression.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,765
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 30 September 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Ryan was hired onto a team that had nine wins and missed the playoffs because the QB got hurt. There were three Pro-Bowl linemen on offense and Harris and Revis on defense. What has Ryan been a part of adding?

When people talk about good players on our team, who do they mention? Revis, Mangold, Ferguson (not much these days), Harris. When people talk about guys who should be benched or whatever, who do they talk about? Sanchez, Greene, Wilson, Holmes...Ryan has been leading this team into regression.


Our D has been far improved than under Herm or Mangina. Also Favre, Jenkins, Woody, Rhodes ect... are gone. We do not have a QB nor a HB. And a revolving door of average recievers. The coaching staff has not had the tools yet has made the AFC champ game 2 of three years. Again we have no tools to work with.
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 30 September 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

Our D has been far improved than under Herm or Mangina. Also Favre, Jenkins, Woody, Rhodes ect... are gone. We do not have a QB nor a HB. And a revolving door of average recievers. The coaching staff has not had the tools yet has made the AFC champ game 2 of three years. Again we have no tools to work with.


Those guys are gone, but where is Ryan in getting them replaced? Scott hasn't been a good addition. None of our defensive picks had been better than okay. Ryan doesn't just take off all summer and get his classroom assigned to him. I'm always amazed at how many excuses a guy that took over a team that was a SB contender the year before he came around gets made for him.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#11 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,765
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 30 September 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

Those guys are gone, but where is Ryan in getting them replaced? Scott hasn't been a good addition. None of our defensive picks had been better than okay. Ryan doesn't just take off all summer and get his classroom assigned to him. I'm always amazed at how many excuses a guy that took over a team that was a SB contender the year before he came around gets made for him.

Ryan does not do the drafting. Remember the whole "he got one pick in the 4th" and he took Conner.

Quote

"that was a SB contender the year before"
WHAT? You cant be serious. SB contender? Get real man.
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 30 September 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

Ryan does not do the drafting. Remember the whole "he got one pick in the 4th" and he took Conner. WHAT? You cant be serious. SB contender? Get real man.


Yeah, Ryan just hibernates during the summer. And we should believe what he says because:

-Schotty was going to be back unless he got a HC job (fired)
-Hunter was going to start the season (fired)
-Greene is still going to be the starter (going to be benched next week)

so on and so forth.

Yeah, we had one of the best records in the league before Favre got hurt, although people act like we were a three win team that year.
--
I wonder why people think a HC who isn't involved in the drafting process is worth having?
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#13 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,765
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

[quote name='A1elbow' date='30 September 2012 - 02:28 PM' timestamp='1349033339' post='344312']
Yeah, Ryan just hibernates during the summer. And we should believe what he says because:

-Schotty was going to be back unless he got a HC job (fired)
-Hunter was going to start the season (fired)
-Greene is still going to be the starter (going to be benched next week)

so on and so forth.

Quote

Yeah, we had one of the best records in the league before Favre got hurt, although people act like we were a three win team that year.

No we did not. We did not even have the best in our own division. We were a wild card team at best.

You think Ryan has the final say in who gets drafted? He did not even like Hill. I am sure he looks at players and all that but the scouts and Tanny make the call. Ryan just has input at best.
Posted Image
0

#14 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 30 September 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

ame='A1elbow' date='30 September 2012 - 02:28 PM' timestamp='1349033339' post='344312']
Yeah, Ryan just hibernates during the summer. And we should believe what he says because:

-Schotty was going to be back unless he got a HC job (fired)
-Hunter was going to start the season (fired)
-Greene is still going to be the starter (going to be benched next week)

so on and so forth.

No we did not. We did not even have the best in our own division. We were a wild card team at best.

You think Ryan has the final say in who gets drafted? He did not even like Hill. I am sure he looks at players and all that but the scouts and Tanny make the call. Ryan just has input at best.


That was what we were the two years we went to the AFC championship game (although people act like to pretend we were 14 win teams going there and not just a barely-made it team that strung two postseason wins together).
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#15 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,765
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 30 September 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

That was what we were the two years we went to the AFC championship game (although people act like to pretend we were 14 win teams going there and not just a barely-made it team that strung two postseason wins together).

We were 11-5 in 2010 with three games being lost by 4 points or less. Thats a pretty good record considering what the AFC looked like in 2010. 9-7 in 2009 with 5 games being lost under 4 points with a rookie QB. All with less talent than our "SB contender" team had. I am not sure what you are trying to say but if you are saying we lucked out winning 2 play off games each year you may want to reconsider. Rex and comapny have had little talent to work with and have got the job done. Now he has even less talent and he can't just out coach the opponent anymore. He is missing the tools. He is cutting a 2X4 with a butter knife.
Posted Image
0

#16 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

It just makes me so sad that the team can't give Ryan the brilliant team he deserves. If only he was involved in any of the areas of the team that they deficient in, maybe the Jets would be a better team.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#17 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,765
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 30 September 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

It just makes me so sad that the team can't give Ryan the brilliant team he deserves. If only he was involved in any of the areas of the team that they deficient in, maybe the Jets would be a better team.

Are you using sarcasm because you don't have a valid arguement or some other reason? If you think Rex is the problem thats your opinion which is fine. I think he is one of the few strong points on our team. I believe the problem is with Tanny and trying to be to crafty and always trying to hit the home run instead of bringing in solid players. He has hit a couple homeruns but he has way to many strikeouts trying to do so.
Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 30 September 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

Are you using sarcasm because you don't have a valid arguement or some other reason? If you think Rex is the problem thats your opinion which is fine. I think he is one of the few strong points on our team. I believe the problem is with Tanny and trying to be to crafty and always trying to hit the home run instead of bringing in solid players. He has hit a couple homeruns but he has way to many strikeouts trying to do so.


It is because when I say the team doesn't have a good offense and relate it to the HC people say:

"Ryan is a defensive guy! He likes defense! It is the offensesive guys' fault!"

When I say the team hasn't drafted well with Ryan as a HC people say:

"Ryan doesn't draft! He only gets one pick and that was John Conner! He doesn't get a say!"

Well, we have a DC, so what is our HC's job...to talk out of his ass? Tannenbaum I link to mistakes like resigning Holmes. I hardly think Tanny is not mostly letting Ryan have his pick on what defensive players they bring in and Ryan has plenty of say in the offense, especially this season. Never mind that a Head Coach's job is to put together a winning TEAM and not just a unit and nevermind that the team has gotten worse under Ryan.

Thanks for telling me it is fine that I have my opinion. Is that one of those things where I am supposed to take a hint and not debate with you on a public forum designed for people to discuss football?
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#19 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 4,996
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

I agree with az. I'm calling for Mike T.'s head. For whatever reason he just got unbelievably complacent with this team. There were ridiculous amounts of depth that weren't addressed all offseason.
Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,765
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 30 September 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

It is because when I say the team doesn't have a good offense and relate it to the HC people say:

"Ryan is a defensive guy! He likes defense! It is the offensesive guys' fault!"

When I say the team hasn't drafted well with Ryan as a HC people say:

"Ryan doesn't draft! He only gets one pick and that was John Conner! He doesn't get a say!"

Well, we have a DC, so what is our HC's job...to talk out of his ass? Tannenbaum I link to mistakes like resigning Holmes. I hardly think Tanny is not mostly letting Ryan have his pick on what defensive players they bring in and Ryan has plenty of say in the offense, especially this season. Never mind that a Head Coach's job is to put together a winning TEAM and not just a unit and nevermind that the team has gotten worse under Ryan.

lets summarize
So you are saying you are using what others say against me?
Do you think Ryan has the final say in the draft?
Most importantly do you think we have all the pieces we need?

Quote

Thanks for telling me it is fine that I have my opinion. Is that one of those things where I am supposed to take a hint and not debate with you on a public forum designed for people to discuss football?

I never said that. You are assuming. I am saying I am not going to tell you your opinion is wrong but it is just an opinion much like mine.
Posted Image
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users