NYJetsFan.com Forums: Fire Rex - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fire Rex Fire this entire team

#1 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

This guy had got to go.

Yes, I know injuries are hurting us...but that doesnt excuse the fact that this team has absolutley no energy. We look like a peewee football team for 3 straight weeks. There is no energy, no excitement and no reason to not to start fresh.

This is gonna be fun, I cant wait for the slamming to begin.

#2 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

I said this last year. Ryan is, at best, an average HC (and yes, he is a good DC, but there is a difference) but I think he sucks. All the myths about him are false. The team doesn't play harder for him, players don't seek out the Jets to play here, etc. I hope he doesn't get a pass just because one good offensive player missed time (sorry, a rookie receiver with drops and a an overpaid jackoff with drops doesn't count).
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#3 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

I been saying to scrap this team next year for a while now. Today was garbage. Rex and tanny needs to go. Another loud mouth coach promising glory only to flop at the end and get run out of town

#4 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

Personally I put this on Tanny. We do not have the horses on O to get things done. Lack of talent is our problem
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 30 September 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Personally I put this on Tanny. We do not have the horses on O to get things done. Lack of talent is our problem

Look at the players we acquired with Tanny before and after Ryan. Different types of players, different results. But at least Ryan still has some followers. We'll see after week 17.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Camenzind Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 30 September 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Look at the players we acquired with Tanny before and after Ryan. Different types of players, different results. But at least Ryan still has some followers. We'll see after week 17.

I think we all knew the offense would struggle today. It is evident that Sanchez is not a starting quarterback. And despite what is being written or said, his protection has not been bad. I have always supported Ryan and if the Jets finish below .500 this season, I will still support him provided the defense is playing really well. The problem is that they are not playing well. They cannot stop the run. If Ryan doesn't get that fixed I will be forced to abandon him.

#7 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

What conerns me the most, is that the Jets dont even look like they want to compete in the last 3 games. With the exception of a few offensive players that celebrate first downs, (we had 6 f them, not including 3 by penalty). We dont fly around and hit anything, except the fans, right in the balls. The special teams sucked, the defense sucked and we wont even talk about the offense. It is the fact that a coach that talks so much, players whine and bitch in the locker room, then may have been better suited to sit the starters and resign everyone that was cut in the preseason.

The offense has been so bad, with the drops, the mistakes that Sanchez made, the failure to have any resemblence of a run game, that I dont see any room for improvement. Sanchez looked so good in week 1, and then the first drive or two aganst Pitsburg, but since that, he looks like he is lost, with some bad decision with throwing and protecting the ball. The defence cant tackle for shit. I cant even go on.....My sundays look like they are gonna suck for a LONG time.

#8 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 30 September 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

I said this last year. Ryan is, at best, an average HC (and yes, he is a good DC, but there is a difference) but I think he sucks. All the myths about him are false. The team doesn't play harder for him, players don't seek out the Jets to play here, etc. I hope he doesn't get a pass just because one good offensive player missed time (sorry, a rookie receiver with drops and a an overpaid jackoff with drops doesn't count).

We've been yelling it for years now.

As I said before, once this team starts losing, all his bullshit will appear. He has to go. Unprepared, overhyped and too much bullshit to deal with him.

A loser head coach who hasn't done anything but downgrade the team.

Move on.

#9 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 30 September 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

We've been yelling it for years now.

As I said before, once this team starts losing, all his bullshit will appear. He has to go. Unprepared, overhyped and too much bullshit to deal with him.

Move on.

My favorite Rex Ryan moment for the week is listening to ESPN NY and they mentioned the Jets having an extra day to prepare for next week before cutting to Ryan's press conference and him saying he was giving them Monday and Tuesday off.

Good news is we are 2-2 and 2-0 in the division. The bad news is our receivers are so thin that it is considered a devastating loss when a guy who has as many drops as catches gets hurt lateraling the ball to an opposing player.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

• NO FAT CHICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

The blame mostly goes on the shoulders of Tannenbaum, we don't have the talent we need because he's too busy trying to stay under the cap and preventing us from bringing in players that can actually contribute, I'm not giving Rex a pass but he can only do what he can with the groceries that were bought for him by Tannenbaum, hence a recipe that tastes and looks like shit...Mark is still our best option at QB, clearly anyone who thinks that TeBLOW is the answer is completely insane, McElroy is never going to see the field unless Mark gets implanted into the turf and TeBlow BLOWS as the starter which I'm confident would be the case...we just don't have the talent on the field to be successful and we have a very tough schedule especially before we reach the bye...ultimately this falls on one mans shoulders and that man is Tannenbaum...until we get that situation fixed we'll be in this endless spin of not being as good as Rex thinks we are...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react

#11 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

You guys are nuts.

#12 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 30 September 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

You guys are nuts.

I agree with you on this.

Ultimately its the players on the field that aren't getting it done. If the talent on offense as a whole sucks I doubt any coach could get them to look good. I dont blame Rex. If anything its Tanny. Rex has said many times that he has very little input on who is brought to the team. I remember clearly that he said more than once that he gets one pick and one pick only.

Tanny is genius with the salary cap and with money and Id love to see him stay with the team for money reasons but he needs to be fired from roster signings. Tanny is the one building this team. If Tanny gives the coaches shit to work with then we will see shit on the field.

#13 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 30 September 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

What the f#ck have you been smoking? Did you forget that in January 2011 we were in the AFC Championship game? Oh. My bad. When's the last time that happened? 1998? Get the f#ck out of here with that loser coach bullsh!t & that he's done nothing but downgrade the team. Top 10 Defense and top 5 (top 3 I believe) one year.

We all knew that getting our asses kicked yesterday was a very real probability when we looked at the schedule as soon as it was released. San Fran had the #1 overall defense last year for f#ck sake. What the f#ck do you guys think is going to happen NEXT week? I hope to God you expect more of the same because it's very possible it can be even worse. I'm THANKFUL I didn't get to see a second of the game yesterday because I knew it was going to be horrible.

But guess what.......where is the damage? It was an NFC loss. In case you geniuses forgot, our beloved Jets are HORRIBLE against NFC teams. We're 2-10 all time against the 49ers. Big f#cking deal. It has no effect other than the fact that by this time next week we'll be below .500 for the first time all season. But yet we'll still be undefeated in our division. And guess what? We're STILL in first place in the f#cking division so cut the bullsh!t sky is falling.

The two biggest primadonnas on the team are now headed for IR and cost the team the most money. Now its time to get someone to either step the f#ck up or Tanny to do his f#cking job and bring someone in to fill in. They're bringing in Aaron Berry @ CB on a 2yr deal from Detroit even though he's still got legal issues for a DUI hit & run that he is going into a diversionary program to avoid jail for. Now we need another WR. F#cking Kyle Wilson has volunteered to jump over to WR. What's that tell us? That we're paper f#cking thin at receiver. Tanny dropped the ball big time. Rex takes some of that absolutely as Tanny can only go after who Rex tells him the team needs but damn.

Now go ahead and tell me I dont know what I'm talking about but I expected all of the crying b!tching & moaning. Let's fire Rex, bench Sanchez & put in Teblow, the season is over bullsh!t today and next week it'll only be worse.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#14 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

You made my point, pal. Glad your comprehending what I said.

Downgrading our team. You're pointing to 2011.

That's going on 2 seasons ago.

#15 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

Nice try 05. You & I generally agree on a lot of things, but you can't say he has done nothing but downgrade the team. What did he downgrade it from? HIS upgrade of the team and back to back AFC Championship appearances? That's an asinine assessment and you know it. What other coach EVER took the JETS to AFC Championship games? NO ONE but Rex Ryan.

::EPIC FAIL::
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#16 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

You keep on living on reaching the AFC title game bud.

I'll look at our last 20 games.

#17 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

There's absolutely nothing wrong with looking at our last 20 games, but if we as Jets fans only look at 20 games at a time, we'll be changing coaches every 3rd year and you know it. Mangini went from being the Mangenius to Mangina. Rex went from being a God to now you wanting to get rid of him because we got our asses kicked by a team we KNEW would kick the sh!t out of us. If you didn't know it, then you were kidding yourself. We don't have the talent at WR to stand toe to toe with them. Frank Gore typically tears us a new one and they put up almost 250 yrs on the ground on us again yesterday.

We haven't been able to stop the run consistently since Jenkins went down and everybody knows it. The problem is that rather than addressing the correct areas int he fvcking draft, we dump money on primadonnas like Holmes and Revis. That did us a lot of good. They're both out and the mistake that Rex is making is not putting Revis on IR hoping he can come back for the playoffs. That's just stupid thinking to begin with. If the team managed to make it to the playoffs without him, you keep him out.

I'm FAR from saying Rex is the greatest coach ever for the Jets, but I'm also not ready to fire him considering he hasn't even had a losing season with us yet. Last I checked, his record is 34-23 as a HC including post season. Yeah.....that justifies firing him.

#18 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Like some people said, I'm all for demoting Tanny and hire a real football guy for the GM position. I don't mind keeping Rex for a couple extra seasons with a real talent seeker above him. If they are going to clean house, will they consider the big names this time (Cowher/Gruden)?

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

I would be all for Bill Cowher, idk if he would even want to come here though or if Woody Johnson would pay up for him. I'd bring in Cowher and let him decide who he wants to GM this team, because clearly we have a issue with Tannenbaum as GM since this team is lacking talent. He has not done a good enough job in the draft.

My main thing is we need a new GM that is a FOOTBALL GUY, not a money guy but a guy who knows the game and can find talent, understands how to build a football team.
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

I'm not sure if Im TOO much a homer fan or a realist. If I may be permitted a little latitude, I will try to keep it short.

Sanchez: pass tipped at the line, gets picked. Shyt happens. Truth is he deserved a pick when he threw to Cumberland & the LB was in the WR position & was so shocked...the ball hitting his chest startled him. He made a couple (not THAT DAM MANY) bad throws, held the ball 1 sec more than he should on some, 1 sec less on others. All in all, not mad at him. That holmes pass to the end zone was a perfect pass that WAS defended perfectly.

RBs: tough sledding & we knew that would be the case. We needed it to keep the secondary from stacking the box.

WR: still not on the same page with the QB. THAT is in my humble opinion, our biggest issue.

D: I think they did well (yes I said well) first 1/2 should have ended 7-3 not 10-0. They were on the field WAY to much...through no fault of their own. I have YET to see a D make an O go 3 & out for an entire game so dont expect ours to.

Miscues: Epps- call could have gone either way on rec or inc. Not mad at Epps (would have been nice if he held the ball to keep that drive going, but he didnt) Knee got bent back
Sanchez- held ball like a loaf of bread, avoids 1st sack, TUCKS the ball & it gets stripped. We know he needs to work on ball security, but he lost it AFTER he tucked it
Sanchez- ball tipped at the line & picked. Shyt happens. Maybe if he was 5 inches taller or had a better touch, that play was a big gain set up well.
holmes- To me, worse than all 3 above drive killers COMBINE! OK, he got hurt on non contact, but to throw the ball on the field of play? He show nothing but a self centered selfish personality that I for one, really thought he could shed given a new start here. Not only did it kill a drive we were moving the ball on, trying to get back in the game, but gave them 7 points to boot! I never thought I would say this, but I do hope he is out for the season. He held his knee...but its a foot injury?!?! WTF ! own it, you bitched up!

now, that all being said, I am NOT doom n gloom.
we are in 1st place
I think Hill, Kerley, Schillins CAN do fine. (question is WILL they)
the O line been holdin up OK, need to keep that up & know Marks tenancies for that extra 1/2 sec
DK NEEDS to get back ASAP
RB keep poundin, it will fall into place. Just need to improve the field vision & pick the right time & holes.
K Wilson got lucky on a few plays, lets hope Revis & the coach help him out on that

the shit is NOT scuttled, we need to STOP calling for heads every dam week. Its kind of why I WISH I was a steeler fan...at least they STICK with their coach through thick n thin. Its time our coaches get creative & coach, not worry about walking egg shells & being flashy to shut the media up over job security. & NO TEA BAG!

Just my 2 cents =) I know we left alot of opportunities out on the field. If we take advantage of them...we will be fine & right the shipPosted Image
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users