NYJetsFan.com Forums: Fire Rex - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets pick up option on Wilkerson
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (16 April 2014 - 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 April 2014 - 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (17 April 2014 - 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 01:11 PM) offesnive tehhhh
santana Icon : (17 April 2014 - 01:46 PM) 05 on point today
santana Icon : (17 April 2014 - 02:36 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:31 PM) It's 0099's favorite day of the year
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:32 PM) it's National High-5 day :WTF:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:32 PM) who the hell high 5's people anymore
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:32 PM) just dap and leave it there
santana Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:43 PM) everyone high 5s
santana Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:44 PM) bubba watson when he won the masters last weekend went through a gauntlet of high 5s
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 06:05 PM) GG03 is the high 5 master
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 06:07 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 April 2014 - 10:45 PM) People don't dap anymore either.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 April 2014 - 04:43 PM) Dapping is more manly than high 5ing which is really really really girly
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 April 2014 - 06:05 PM) gg03 doesn't like that people left him hanging
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fire Rex Fire this entire team

#21 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 October 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with looking at our last 20 games, but if we as Jets fans only look at 20 games at a time, we'll be changing coaches every 3rd year and you know it. Mangini went from being the Mangenius to Mangina. Rex went from being a God to now you wanting to get rid of him because we got our asses kicked by a team we KNEW would kick the sh!t out of us. If you didn't know it, then you were kidding yourself. We don't have the talent at WR to stand toe to toe with them. Frank Gore typically tears us a new one and they put up almost 250 yrs on the ground on us again yesterday.

We haven't been able to stop the run consistently since Jenkins went down and everybody knows it. The problem is that rather than addressing the correct areas int he fvcking draft, we dump money on primadonnas like Holmes and Revis. That did us a lot of good. They're both out and the mistake that Rex is making is not putting Revis on IR hoping he can come back for the playoffs. That's just stupid thinking to begin with. If the team managed to make it to the playoffs without him, you keep him out.

I'm FAR from saying Rex is the greatest coach ever for the Jets, but I'm also not ready to fire him considering he hasn't even had a losing season with us yet. Last I checked, his record is 34-23 as a HC including post season. Yeah.....that justifies firing him.

And before San Fran hired what appears to be a truly great coach...they were a 6-10 team in 2010 and on a a pretty horrible stretch of futility for years. But Harbaugh has turned that team around instantly...and he's done it with Alex Smith at QB.

I hate to say it, because I have really liked Rex...but the warning I gave when Rex was first hired has come to pass. I thought back then that Rex could easily be a great coordinator because he can be lax with his players and they love him...but as a head coach he needs to be the mean disciplinarian sometimes. And I wasn't sure he could do that.

If you watch this team this year, it's apparent Rex can't be the disciplinarian. His team is lazy and unprepared.

And the players he has brought in...ugh. I have disagreed with his personnel philosophy since day one. Rex wants to take chances and dumb, immature freak athletes over smart, hard nosed football players...the complete opposite of Mangini. Say what you want about Mangini, but he set this team up for success with his personnel. Remember when the media made fun of how his draft classes had the highest collective GPA in college...yeah well...turns out that was a pretty good strategy.

I really like Rex, and I think he's a good guy and a great DC...but I have to admit...I'm off the train. This team is getting worse every year. I would love to see Cowher in here.
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 01 October 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

And before San Fran hired what appears to be a truly great coach...they were a 6-10 team in 2010 and on a a pretty horrible stretch of futility for years. But Harbaugh has turned that team around instantly...and he's done it with Alex Smith at QB.

I hate to say it, because I have really liked Rex...but the warning I gave when Rex was first hired has come to pass. I thought back then that Rex could easily be a great coordinator because he can be lax with his players and they love him...but as a head coach he needs to be the mean disciplinarian sometimes. And I wasn't sure he could do that.

If you watch this team this year, it's apparent Rex can't be the disciplinarian. His team is lazy and unprepared.

And the players he has brought in...ugh. I have disagreed with his personnel philosophy since day one. Rex wants to take chances and dumb, immature freak athletes over smart, hard nosed football players...the complete opposite of Mangini. Say what you want about Mangini, but he set this team up for success with his personnel. Remember when the media made fun of how his draft classes had the highest collective GPA in college...yeah well...turns out that was a pretty good strategy.

I really like Rex, and I think he's a good guy and a great DC...but I have to admit...I'm off the train. This team is getting worse every year. I would love to see Cowher in here.

and what were we before rex came and took us to an AFC championship game twice in a row including with a rookie QB? Exactly. The niners are a better team then us right now. I didn't expect to win but i didn't expect for it to be taht bad.

But also let remember that 2 of the turnovers were due to players fumbling the ball after getting injured. besides that the other 2 were an ill advised fumble by sanchez and an ill advised throw by sanchez. so 2 huge mistakes by mark. 2 freak injuries cauing fumbles, and the D allowing 250 yards on the ground is why we lost so badly
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

The 49ers are a lot more talented football team than the Jets are... They had some talented pieces on defense, than when Harbaugh came on they added some more pieces to turn that defense into a elite unit. He drafted Aldon Smith round 1 who gives them a elite pass rusher. He signed Carlos Rogers and Dante Whitner for the secondary. Also drafted another CB to start. Bowman developed into a stud ILB next to Willis.

Harbaugh brought a offensive identity to that team to scale it back for Alex Smith, have him manage games. They also have a stud RB in Frank Gore and a big physical OL.

The Jets want to be the 49ers, but they simply don't have the talent that team has. Our LBs are old and slow, it was obvious yesterday as the 49ers kept doing outside runs that exploited it. The most important thing this team needs is a new GM running thins.
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 01 October 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Quoted for emphasis

#25 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

What kind of excuse is the coach not being able to get his players to execute? That actually, really is his job. Rex can't fail at anything because people want to compartmentalize him out of any role that he doesn't succeed in.

Personnel? Not his job.
Getting players to play? Not his job.
Offensive planning? Not his job.
Respecting the franchise and acting in a professional manner? Not his job.

What's funny is, what did he do to get the team to two AFC Championship games? His first two seasons he managed this Bad News Bears-ass team but then the Alliance of Evil (Sanchez and Tannenbaum!!!) set out to tear down what Ryan had done by not trying and not bringing in players that would cooperate with Ryan?

From what I can tell a lot of fans around here believe is two things:

Ryan has no resposibilities on the team and has little to no input in anything other than calling defensive plays
Ryan is a good Head Coach

What the f***?

--
+1 to Hurricane. It seems pretty clear that Tannenbaum lets his coaches influence who is brought in pretty significantly. The difference between the Mangini drafts and the Ryan drafts shows a strong demarcation. That isn't just to say that there were no mistakes in acquiring players under Mangini, but the two best players brought in under Ryan are...Cro and Scott? Who else?
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#26 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 01 October 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

What kind of excuse is the coach not being able to get his players to execute? That actually, really is his job. Rex can't fail at anything because people want to compartmentalize him out of any role that he doesn't succeed in.

Personnel? Not his job.
Getting players to play? Not his job.
Offensive planning? Not his job.
Respecting the franchise and acting in a professional manner? Not his job.

What's funny is, what did he do to get the team to two AFC Championship games? His first two seasons he managed this Bad News Bears-ass team but then the Alliance of Evil (Sanchez and Tannenbaum!!!) set out to tear down what Ryan had done by not trying and not bringing in players that would cooperate with Ryan?

From what I can tell a lot of fans around here believe is two things:

Ryan has no resposibilities on the team and has little to no input in anything other than calling defensive plays
Ryan is a good Head Coach

What the f***?

Then if its all Rex's fault, why isn't Tannenbaum to blame for hiring such a awful HC?
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 01 October 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

Then if its all Rex's fault, why isn't Tannenbaum to blame for hiring such a awful HC?

Good grief. He is. Fire them both. This isn't either or. When have I said Tannenbaum isn't to blame? But if you hire a GM who doesn't know shit about picking players, you should make sure you coach does. It's just that no one is running around kissing Tannenbaum's ass and putting two AFC championship games solely on his shoulders. Also, Tannenbaum looked pretty good the first few years he was around, probably because he had less chumps advising him on what players to sign.

Woody Johnson is to blame too. The owner can set the tone for the franchise. Time to make your team respectable and not aim for media attention over performance on field. Tebow my ass.
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Guys.....I'm FAR from saying that Rex is doing a great job this year or even last year. Last year he COMPLETELY lost the team and should have tore a new as$ to more than half the team in my opinion. He needs to STOP being the player's coach and being the nice friendly guy. His giving the team today & tomorrow off is a MISTAKE in my opinion. He needs to have them in Florham Park drilling them to death honestly.

Last year set up this year's sh!t show so far and Tanny is equally to blame. I'm just not ready to fire him 4 games into the season when there is no one else available that can do better with what we have. Chucky sure as hell wouldn't. Cowher wouldn't have Lebeau here to help him. With San Fran having the #1 D and a powerhouse Offense at the end of last season....NOT 2 years ago when they were 6-10. 2 years ago we were in the AFC Championship, so just like that means nothing, so does the fact that the 9ers were garbage.

I said in the offseason that with the team completely healthy I didn't expect us to do better than 7-9 or 8-8. I at once had hope that we could POSSIBLY go 9-7 or even 10-6 after week one. Now it seems more likely that we'll go 6-10 with the injuries to Revis & Holmes and the inability to stop a nose bleed on Defense. Does that mean we should fire Rex? If so, we had damn sure better be firing Tanny too. We may as well eat the 9 million dead money cap hit for Revis AFTER letting him go free after next year and go all out for Geno Smith by trading up to the #1 pick because right now, that kid is destined to go #1. The only problem is that he won't do a damn thing here because, just like with Sanchez, he won't have any targets to throw to and if he does get any, they won't be here long enough to build a rapport with other than maybe one who will turn out to be a whiny little b!tch.

Like I said......I'm not just being blindly faithful to Rex because I see MANY faults in what he IS doing and has done with the team. I just think he has earned the right to try to turn it around rather than people calling for his head when we're still sitting in 1st place in our division until next week. Because I'm sorry to tell you, if you think 34-0 was bad, Houston has the ability to blank us 54-0 while taking out more of our players.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#29 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

A team that just got outcoached and outplayed and is being forced to put inexperienced players in at a number of positions has a "long week" to prepare for one of the best teams in the league and the coaches first decision is to give everyone two days off...does that sound like good coaching?
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

No. Not at all. I said that. I know it got mixed in a long post, but while Rex has MULTIPLE faults, axing him 4 games into a season isn't going to salvage it.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#31 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 October 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

No. Not at all. I said that. I know it got mixed in a long post, but while Rex has MULTIPLE faults, axing him 4 games into a season isn't going to salvage it.

I didn't mean that directly at you. I'm just still awe struck at him giving this team four days off with so many inexperienced players having to play.
Posted Image

#32 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

4 days off? Where did you hear 4 days off? He gave the team Monday & Tuesday off. Not 4 days. The misinformation being spread is f#cking laughable. No wonder this team is considered to be a joke while sitting atop the division. The media and the fairweather fans. Week 1 everybody was sucking the team's collective d#ck saying how we could go 10-6 and vie for the division title and how this could be the best defense under Rex to date. Now that we get blown out by a team that we SHOULD have been blown out by, the sky is falling and its the end of the world. What I want to know is when did most of this board turn into Camenzind? You guys would think that Rex was Rich f#cking Kotite or something.

#33 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 02 October 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

4 days off? Where did you hear 4 days off? He gave the team Monday & Tuesday off. Not 4 days. The misinformation being spread is f#cking laughable. No wonder this team is considered to be a joke while sitting atop the division. The media and the fairweather fans. Week 1 everybody was sucking the team's collective d#ck saying how we could go 10-6 and vie for the division title and how this could be the best defense under Rex to date. Now that we get blown out by a team that we SHOULD have been blown out by, the sky is falling and its the end of the world. What I want to know is when did most of this board turn into Camenzind? You guys would think that Rex was Rich f#cking Kotite or something.

I meant two. But they did have Sunday off.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users