NYJetsFan.com Forums: Studs Vs. Duds - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 October 2014 - 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 10:28 PM) streets is real
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:36 PM) hey 05.. yo 05... 05!!!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:36 PM) UEFA TIME
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:35 PM) Jets to sign Kerley to a 4 year extension
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) he's a good slot WR, i'm assuming we got him cheap, can't complain
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) we need to lock up wilk. but if harvin pans out, were set at WR for the next 4 years as decker, kerly, and harvin are all under contract.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:44 PM) Ivory is good too, we need a speed back (CJ sin't cuting it) and some o-line and mainly a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:46 PM) Our offensive weapons aren't bad, need a qb and ol
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:09 PM) they were bad when decker was hurt and it was nelson and kerly starting and salas in the slot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:40 PM) That damn street thug Kerley
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) Yeah because Nelson is terrible, Salas is no more than a #4 kind of wr
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:55 PM) Can we focus more on this street thug who is stealing $16 million from the team!?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:05 PM) salas shouldn't be on an NFL roster. #4 WR is a bit generous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:00 PM) extending kerley is a great move. i could see another team poaching him off the roster real fast.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:17 PM) Salas isn't that bad, hes made some plays for us this season.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:17 PM) You know who shouldn't be on a NFL roster, Salim Hakim. IDK why hes still on the Jets, he was TERRIBLE at KR and has no value as a WR. Waste of a roster spot IMO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:18 PM) Percy Harvin will be our KR now, I would imagine. Hes electric at it
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 PM) yeah hakim is another one i don't understand. he is even attempting to play WR and got benched at KR
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Studs Vs. Duds JETS vs. 49ers

#1 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

• NO FAT CHICKS
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

STUDS:
Noone on the JETS

Duds:
THE NEW YORK JETS

This might be the start of a LONG ASS SEASON....

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react

#2 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

I agree 100%!!!

The only studs are the dumbass fans that continually put up with this f***ing team.

#3 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

Wilson is horrible. If Revis leaves we we'll need CBs, LBs, RBs (cause McKnight sucks), receivers, and possibly safties. Woo!
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#4 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

Studs: the fans for continuing to go thru this mess every season!:banghead:

#5 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

Studs. noone

Dude this team
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 30 September 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Wilson is horrible. If Revis leaves we we'll need CBs, LBs, RBs (cause McKnight sucks), receivers, and possibly safties. Woo!

Duds:
The New York Jets - Our defense was atrocious, especially against the run. We couldn't get anything going on the ground, Sanchez struggled to hit the broad side of a barn even when he had time to throw; he was even badly missing on short underneath throws that should be automatic completions. The offensive line was better in pass protection again today, but its overall play has regressed. Even Robert Malone - a rare, bright spot (and he's a punter!!!!) - had a kick blocked

Mike Tannenbaum deserves a mention for his complacency. The roster he has put together, as you say, is riddled with holes - our aging LB corp can't get things done aside from Harris (sure Pace and Thomas had sacks but neither threatened Alex Smith much at all); there's no depth whatsoever; at the skill positions we only have mediocre talent. He's treated this team as though it was a couple of marquee additions away from being a Super Bowl team. Credit for helping forge a unit worthy of two consecutive AFC Championship game performances, but since then we haven't got better. Instead we've missed the chance to solve lingering issues across the roster and squandered draft picks.

If there's a bright side to look at, we're still 2-2 and there's still three quarters of the season to go. So far though, we've played progressively worse each week. We're going to need a complete transformation if we're to give one of the most well-rounded teams in the league a game next week. Let's hope it's not a primetime embarrassment.

#7 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Studs:
Revis
49ers
Jets fans

Duds:
The New York Jets

The one good thing for me after today is knowing that the Lakers start training camp tomorrow morning.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#8 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

Also, a special Duds for Holmes. His injury must have been pretty painful for him to have the initial reaction of hurling the ball up in the air rather than dropping it and grabbing straight for his ankle.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

Studs
Sanchez because its never his fault

Duds
the rest of the Jets

#10 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 30 September 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

Studs
Sanchez because its never his fault

Duds
the rest of the Jets

I think it's probably time the Jets moved on from Sanchez, although they've compounded that issue by having no talent at receiver, a TE who will get paid more than he is worth by a team he fits better, not having a QB to push Sanchez or take over for him and extending his contract.

In other words, the problem isn't just our seemingly-mediocre-at-best QB, it is the team itself.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

Coples deserves to be mentioned as a Stud.

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 30 September 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

Wilson isn't terrible. he's just no revis. At this point i'd say he is in the upper tier of #2 CBs in the NFL

Anyway

Studs
Cro
Coples

Duds
everyone else
O-line
Sanchez
Tebow
Coaching staff

But lets be real. after holmes wen't down we were screwed. missing all 3 of your starting recieving targets (keller, holmes, hill) and our lack of depth at WR (clyde gates? patrick turner?) meant we had no chance. I watch Qbs just throw it downfield to covered WRs all the time and they make catches or draw penalties. our WRs never seem to go up and get it or draw a flag. I'll give burris and edwards credit because they did that for us. Holmes is too small, turner just sucks, kerley is too small, gates is a bum, schillens is a bum. Only one who has a chance to do this is hill and he is hurt right now.

We need to address the offense in the draft. yes we need an OLB but we need another WR, another TE, O-line help, a RB, and another QB. We need to draft heavy on offense this year
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 01 October 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

Wilson isn't terrible. he's just no revis. At this point i'd say he is in the upper tier of #2 CBs in the NFL

Anyway

Studs
Cro
Coples

Duds
everyone else
O-line
Sanchez
Tebow
Coaching staff

But lets be real. after holmes wen't down we were screwed. missing all 3 of your starting recieving targets (keller, holmes, hill) and our lack of depth at WR (clyde gates? patrick turner?) meant we had no chance. I watch Qbs just throw it downfield to covered WRs all the time and they make catches or draw penalties. our WRs never seem to go up and get it or draw a flag. I'll give burris and edwards credit because they did that for us. Holmes is too small, turner just sucks, kerley is too small, gates is a bum, schillens is a bum. Only one who has a chance to do this is hill and he is hurt right now.

We need to address the offense in the draft. yes we need an OLB but we need another WR, another TE, O-line help, a RB, and another QB. We need to draft heavy on offense this year

Wilson blows...sorry...he's terrible.

And no...Stephen Hill has terrible ball skills what on earth makes you think he can go up and get it? He is big and fast...so if he gets wide open he can make the catch but he's never proven he can elevate and shield defenders to make jump ball catches.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 01 October 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

Wilson blows...sorry...he's terrible.

And no...Stephen Hill has terrible ball skills what on earth makes you think he can go up and get it? He is big and fast...so if he gets wide open he can make the catch but he's never proven he can elevate and shield defenders to make jump ball catches.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-VHFeehT0Ro

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EANmOpYaCdM (play is at 50 seconds)
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 01 October 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

The catch against the Bills was a bad, body catch when he was wide open...the other catch against UNC was obviously a great catch. I should have put the word "consistently" at the end of my sentence above...we haven't seen Hill show consistently good ball skills.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Wilson is horrible 115. To say he is no Revis is to say Joe Piscipo is no Sinatra. Wilson can barely cover mediocre receivers. Total waste of a pick.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 01 October 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

The catch against the Bills was a bad, body catch when he was wide open...the other catch against UNC was obviously a great catch. I should have put the word "consistently" at the end of my sentence above...we haven't seen Hill show consistently good ball skills.

I'd agree with that. but he is still a rookie. he's raw. we all knew this. Thats why he wasn't a top 10 pick. What rookie WR is doing better then him though? blackmon was top 5 and has done nothing. Hill makes highlight reel catches but not 100% of the time like megatron.... yet

View PostA1elbow, on 01 October 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

Wilson is horrible 115. To say he is no Revis is to say Joe Piscipo is no Sinatra. Wilson can barely cover mediocre receivers. Total waste of a pick.

Wilson is not terrible. remember lito shepard? how about drew coleman? derek strait? dwight lowry? wilson is way better then all of them.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 01 October 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

Wilson is not terrible. remember lito shepard? how about drew coleman? derek strait? dwight lowry? wilson is way better then all of them.

What kind of sick game of "who'd you rather?" are you playing? Wilson is better than guys not worth having. Whoopdie doo. He still sucks.
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

View PostA1elbow, on 01 October 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

What kind of sick game of "who'd you rather?" are you playing? Wilson is better than guys not worth having. Whoopdie doo. He still sucks.

Name 10 #2 Cbs in the NFL that are better then him. Go for it, lets see what BS you can try to squeeze out of your mouth
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 01 October 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

I'd agree with that. but he is still a rookie. he's raw. we all knew this. Thats why he wasn't a top 10 pick. What rookie WR is doing better then him though? blackmon was top 5 and has done nothing. Hill makes highlight reel catches but not 100% of the time like megatron.... yet

I'm hopeful Hill turns into a deep threat, but so far he's had more games in which he has not recorded a catch (two) than those where he has caught a pass (one). For all rookies it is too early to make solid judgments on players, so just because Hill had a storming debut against Buffalo is no indication that he'll turn out better than Blackmon, Michael Floyd or any other rookie receiver.
Not bringing in a veteran to start - Schillens was always going to be an extra body at the position - at receiver was just another decision that has not helped Sanchez and the team.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users