NYJetsFan.com Forums: I Truly Can't Believe How Anyone Can Honestly Defend Sanchez. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:26 PM) we need to cut this assclown patterson
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:34 PM) did Hill get cut yet?
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) lol. We might need to look at the Eagles cuts for possible 2nd and 3rd stringers
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) If they keep ZHill after this game I will be shocked.
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:38 PM) Philly gave us a worse ass whipping than Detroit gave Buffalo. only difference is we scored
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

I Truly Can't Believe How Anyone Can Honestly Defend Sanchez.

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Abysmal performance.

Look I respect the grit he shows. I respect the determination to get better. Sometimes you just weren't meant to be a pro QB.

Sanchez just isn't guy
0

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,561
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

I don't get how he can look like a stud in the buffalo opener and then look liek trash the next 3 weeks? He's the most up and down QB i've ever seen. I wish he sucked 100% of the time cause then we woulda moved on, But every time we gte close to moving on he has a great game and all is forgiven. Then he sucks again for a few weeks.

Still Did anyone watch the sunday night game? Eli got picked off in the end zone again (and leeds the NFL since 2010 for times intercepted in the red zone) then when he couldn't complete a pass teh refs gave BS calls to teh giants to get them in FG position, Then eli tries to be greedy and throw up a ball to barden that shoulda been pciked but barden did an offenasive PI to save the pick moving them back 10 yards. Then the Kicker missed the kick but they gave philly a tieout that was late and he missed again.

The moral is sometimes no matter what or who gives you BS calls you are meant to lose. same happened to NO against GB. same happened to GB against Sea. We just weren't meant to win this game by the football gods
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 192
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 01 October 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

I don't get how he can look like a stud in the buffalo opener and then look liek trash the next 3 weeks? He's the most up and down QB i've ever seen. I wish he sucked 100% of the time cause then we woulda moved on, But every time we gte close to moving on he has a great game and all is forgiven. Then he sucks again for a few weeks.

Still Did anyone watch the sunday night game? Eli got picked off in the end zone again (and leeds the NFL since 2010 for times intercepted in the red zone) then when he couldn't complete a pass teh refs gave BS calls to teh giants to get them in FG position, Then eli tries to be greedy and throw up a ball to barden that shoulda been pciked but barden did an offenasive PI to save the pick moving them back 10 yards. Then the Kicker missed the kick but they gave philly a tieout that was late and he missed again.

The moral is sometimes no matter what or who gives you BS calls you are meant to lose. same happened to NO against GB. same happened to GB against Sea. We just weren't meant to win this game by the football gods


To begin with, Eli Manning has won two Super Bowls and is an elite QB. Any comparison with Sanchez is insulting to Manning unless we are talking desire. I do believe Sanchez has the desire to be good and the work ethic as well.
That's what makes it all the more sad. He simply doesn't have the talent. He was a promising college QB who has never really adapted to the speed and sophistication of the NFL.

I have written infrequently but almost every time I write it is to plead the case of McElroy. He may turn out to be nothing but he should be starting. Tebow isn't the long term answer and Sanchez clearly doesn't have it. McElroy QB'ed the National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide and is a strong leader given the chance. Whether he is good enough I don't know. But I do know the other guys aren't
1

#4 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,004
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,561
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

View Postchocomag, on 01 October 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

To begin with, Eli Manning has won two Super Bowls and is an elite QB. Any comparison with Sanchez is insulting to Manning unless we are talking desire. I do believe Sanchez has the desire to be good and the work ethic as well.
That's what makes it all the more sad. He simply doesn't have the talent. He was a promising college QB who has never really adapted to the speed and sophistication of the NFL.

I have written infrequently but almost every time I write it is to plead the case of McElroy. He may turn out to be nothing but he should be starting. Tebow isn't the long term answer and Sanchez clearly doesn't have it. McElroy QB'ed the National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide and is a strong leader given the chance. Whether he is good enough I don't know. But I do know the other guys aren't


Mcelroy will get destroyed against starters game planning. he isn't an NFL QB. neither is Tebow. Sanchez is the best QB on the roster by far. And sanchez has had some great games and led some great game winning drives. Forget the SB cause eli didn't win them. the defense and crazy catches by crappy to decent WRs won the SB. That aside Sanchez is inconsistent. he has the talent. he's proven that. sometimes he looks like a stud QB and other he looks like ryan leaf. I have no idea why. Other younger QBs are looking way better then him. Cam, RG3, dalton are all looking like way better Qbs then sanchez and they are younger. but in all fairness luck and bradford look like shit as well and they were 1st overall picks
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 192
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 01 October 2012 - 01:15 PM, said:

Mcelroy will get destroyed against starters game planning. he isn't an NFL QB. neither is Tebow. Sanchez is the best QB on the roster by far. And sanchez has had some great games and led some great game winning drives. Forget the SB cause eli didn't win them. the defense and crazy catches by crappy to decent WRs won the SB. That aside Sanchez is inconsistent. he has the talent. he's proven that. sometimes he looks like a stud QB and other he looks like ryan leaf. I have no idea why. Other younger QBs are looking way better then him. Cam, RG3, dalton are all looking like way better Qbs then sanchez and they are younger. but in all fairness luck and bradford look like shit as well and they were 1st overall picks


I am always amazed by people who make statements that seem conclusive such as McElroy will be destroyed in the NFL. Do you have some kind of crystal ball? Experts who draft for a living said Brady wasn't good enough to be worth even a 5th round pick. Leaf, Couch, Smith, etc were sure fire players who stunk. The truth is you don't know how good he is until he is given a chance. Having said that, you actually seem to be saying that Eli is overrated - didn't win those Super Bowls (you must have been watching different games than me)but Sanchez has had great games and great game winning drives.

Why do you say he has the talent. By that do you mean he can throw a football with a tight spiral and occasionally complete those short passes? Throwing for less than 50% doesn't show me talent. Never having been able to consistently complete long passes doesn't show me talent. His consistency is in throwing interceptions and fumbling. Are you really buying the stuff you are saying? Every starting QB in the NFL has had some great games - so what!

And you put Andrew Luck in the category of looking bad - HE HAS PLAYED 4 GAMES! Truth - would you trade Sanchez for Luck? Face it - we will not win with Sanchez unless our defense plays like the Ravens when Dilfer won and the defense I watched yesterday couldn't stop the University of Alabama running game.
0

#7 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,765
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

did we just go back in time?

i feel like you could replace sanchez name with pennington in this thread and you will find an exact copy of it from last decade.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#8 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,200
  • Joined: 11-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Albany N.Y
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

View Postsantana, on 01 October 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

did we just go back in time?

i feel like you could replace sanchez name with pennington in this thread and you will find an exact copy of it from last decade.



Yup. just like how fans were calling for kellen clemmens and were cheering when pennington got hurt. people really need to be careful what you wish for
0

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

I really don't understand what people want to see out of Sanchez. What do you expect him to accomplish given the current make up of the team.
0

#10 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,200
  • Joined: 11-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Albany N.Y
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 01 October 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

I really don't understand what people want to see out of Sanchez. What do you expect him to accomplish given the current make up of the team.




exactly.. there are more problems than just sanchez. 245 yrds on the ground???? do we really have the worst run D??
0

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,561
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

View Postchocomag, on 01 October 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

I am always amazed by people who make statements that seem conclusive such as McElroy will be destroyed in the NFL. Do you have some kind of crystal ball? Experts who draft for a living said Brady wasn't good enough to be worth even a 5th round pick. Leaf, Couch, Smith, etc were sure fire players who stunk. The truth is you don't know how good he is until he is given a chance. Having said that, you actually seem to be saying that Eli is overrated - didn't win those Super Bowls (you must have been watching different games than me)but Sanchez has had great games and great game winning drives.

Why do you say he has the talent. By that do you mean he can throw a football with a tight spiral and occasionally complete those short passes? Throwing for less than 50% doesn't show me talent. Never having been able to consistently complete long passes doesn't show me talent. His consistency is in throwing interceptions and fumbling. Are you really buying the stuff you are saying? Every starting QB in the NFL has had some great games - so what!

And you put Andrew Luck in the category of looking bad - HE HAS PLAYED 4 GAMES! Truth - would you trade Sanchez for Luck? Face it - we will not win with Sanchez unless our defense plays like the Ravens when Dilfer won and the defense I watched yesterday couldn't stop the University of Alabama running game.


Eli is a good QB but yeah he's overrated. do you think he is as good as rodgers? brees? peyton manning? Brady? he's not. you can't take an 8 year career of being mediocre and wipe it out on 2 SB wins with a dominent D-line holding the NFLs top offense to nothing a david tyree and manning circus catch, welker dropping the game wining catch, or smauals dropping the game winning INT and say that makes eli elite. He's been lucky more then elite. sure he is grown into a solid QB now but he's not elite and his career has been average at best. he throws for almost 5k yards 1 year and he's elite? guys like rodgers, brady, peyton etc do taht on a bad year. they are elite
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,639
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

View Post518-JeTS-FaN, on 01 October 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

exactly.. there are more problems than just sanchez. 245 yrds on the ground???? do we really have the worst run D??



The defense got beat up, no denying it but when your entire 2nd half offense is sanchez over throwing and under throwing open targets that lead to 3 and outs every time...its hard for any defense to play well. How can a defense stay motivated knowing that they will be back in 3 plays...not to mention the exhaustion they have to deal with because they have no time to catch their breath.

Sanchez is a bum, who we are going to be stuck with next year because of the contract extension. Everyone says that mark has no weapons. Well look at what the other QBs in the NFL do. Guys like Brandon Stokely, Lance Moore, david patten, deon branch, collie and etc. and etc. have had great seasons because their QB's make them better than they really are. Sanchez will never make an average guy look great. The Good ones can.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

View Postextmenace, on 01 October 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

The defense got beat up, no denying it but when your entire 2nd half offense is sanchez over throwing and under throwing open targets that lead to 3 and outs every time...its hard for any defense to play well. How can a defense stay motivated knowing that they will be back in 3 plays...not to mention the exhaustion they have to deal with because they have no time to catch their breath.

Sanchez is a bum, who we are going to be stuck with next year because of the contract extension. Everyone says that mark has no weapons. Well look at what the other QBs in the NFL do. Guys like Brandon Stokely, Lance Moore, david patten, deon branch, collie and etc. and etc. have had great seasons because their QB's make them better than they really are. Sanchez will never make an average guy look great. The Good ones can.


Wait wait wait... first of all, Sanchez was throwing to "open targets"? When? What game were you watching? Aside from Holmes' 2nd half against Miami (in which coincidentally, Mark played lights out), when was the last time a Jet WR or TE got open? Sanchez is working with absolutely nothing. It's not even that he's working with 2nd and 3rd stringers, it's that they aren't even on the same page. No one bothers to spot the blitz and the timing is totally off. Not even going into the pathetic running game or the spotty protection.

I said this before and I'll say it again. Just because you draft a QB in the 1st round, doesn't mean you're done building the offense. In his 4 years with the team, the Jets drafted Keller and now Hill. They brought it two targets for him (and one is very much a work in progress). Conversely, after the Giants drafted Eli, they drafted 7 WRs in the first 3 rounds. Thats an average of one per year. That's why Eli is successful. The Giants give him talent to work with. Here's a list of WRs that started for the Jets since Sanchez took over: JCo (2 injury plagued seasons), Chansi Stucky (for a month), BE (28 games), Brad Smith (for 2 years), Holmes, Plax (1 year), Kerley (2 years) and now Hill. That's it. That's a pretty bare cupboard.
0

#14 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 192
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 01 October 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Eli is a good QB but yeah he's overrated. do you think he is as good as rodgers? brees? peyton manning? Brady? he's not. you can't take an 8 year career of being mediocre and wipe it out on 2 SB wins with a dominent D-line holding the NFLs top offense to nothing a david tyree and manning circus catch, welker dropping the game wining catch, or smauals dropping the game winning INT and say that makes eli elite. He's been lucky more then elite. sure he is grown into a solid QB now but he's not elite and his career has been average at best. he throws for almost 5k yards 1 year and he's elite? guys like rodgers, brady, peyton etc do taht on a bad year. they are elite


So let's examine what you just said. You asked me if I could compare Eli to Peyton, Rodgers, Brees or Brady. Parcells used to say that the job of the QB is to put points on the board and win Super Bowls. Brees has 1, Rodgers has 1, Peyton has 1, okay - Brady has 3. So in that sense I could compare them. But, let's assume you are right in that I would take all of those QB's over Eli. Now let's talk about Sanchez. Would the comparisons be closer to Fitzgerald, Cutler, Romo and Flacco and for sure he would lose out to Flacco and Romo (probably Cutler too).

So we can establish that Sanchez is, being generous, in the bottom half of QB's in the league. So what do you do with a QB like that? Pay him extra and extend his contract!!! Build a running game around him that rushes for 2 yards a carry? Develop a smothering defense that misses 17 tackles, gives up 200 yards on the ground and can't put on a pass rush without blitzing?

What a mess.
0

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,561
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

View Postchocomag, on 02 October 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

So let's examine what you just said. You asked me if I could compare Eli to Peyton, Rodgers, Brees or Brady. Parcells used to say that the job of the QB is to put points on the board and win Super Bowls. Brees has 1, Rodgers has 1, Peyton has 1, okay - Brady has 3. So in that sense I could compare them. But, let's assume you are right in that I would take all of those QB's over Eli. Now let's talk about Sanchez. Would the comparisons be closer to Fitzgerald, Cutler, Romo and Flacco and for sure he would lose out to Flacco and Romo (probably Cutler too).

So we can establish that Sanchez is, being generous, in the bottom half of QB's in the league. So what do you do with a QB like that? Pay him extra and extend his contract!!! Build a running game around him that rushes for 2 yards a carry? Develop a smothering defense that misses 17 tackles, gives up 200 yards on the ground and can't put on a pass rush without blitzing?

What a mess.


i never said that sanchez wasn't a bottom tier QB?
and SB wins are the worse measure of a QB ever. Elway and marino were 2 of teh best QBs all time and elways didn't win a SB until his final 2 years and marino never won one. are you gonna say trent dilfer is a better Qb then marino because he has a ring. NEVER count SB wins as the measure of 1 player. ANyone who points to SB rings as a measure of a QB ebing good is a retard. plain and simple
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#16 User is offline   wichitacommish Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 204
  • Joined: 01-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Heart of the Heartland
  • Interests:My Kids.
    The Jets.
    Fantasy Football.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

View Postchocomag, on 01 October 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

To begin with, Eli Manning has won two Super Bowls and is an elite QB. Any comparison with Sanchez is insulting to Manning unless we are talking desire. I do believe Sanchez has the desire to be good and the work ethic as well.
That's what makes it all the more sad. He simply doesn't have the talent. He was a promising college QB who has never really adapted to the speed and sophistication of the NFL.

I have written infrequently but almost every time I write it is to plead the case of McElroy. He may turn out to be nothing but he should be starting. Tebow isn't the long term answer and Sanchez clearly doesn't have it. McElroy QB'ed the National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide and is a strong leader given the chance. Whether he is good enough I don't know. But I do know the other guys aren't



Correct! Lets see what we have in him!
0

#17 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

  • Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,295
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AUSTIN,TX MALE member 2000-01

  • NFL Team:

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

You are confusing great QB's in the position vs a great QB with a Team that played great to win 2 SB . Jetsfan 115 you are bias towards Eli . Is he personally better than some of the QB mention nope but he does good enough to carry his team both in winning and losing . don't we wish Mark could play as good as Eli on a Rex defensive team ? when I watch Eli play it is obvious that he ain't to athletic like Sanchez lol but unlike Sanchez he knows how and where to place the players to run a successful play by reading the defenses and although his accuracy is abot 80% he is successful as an NFL QB. Most people understand tebow's limits so we are down the 3rd guy.
Is it time to put in McElroy and give up on Sanchez probable not but certainly they should give him the Call that the Kid better be ready to perform as he may get the call .

Now maybe there will be a rise in the population of young Kids looking to rise up from other sports that are great athletes with talent to be harnessed with abundance in the near future where all 32 teams will be equal at that position again. people didn't listen when I said a few yrs ago mark needed to go play B ball with the knicks summer league because he has no point guard skills, had he tried this maybe he would be in great game shape to throw the ball regardless of his body placement. McElroy show this type of movement , while tebow doesn't . why except for Pennington can't jets QB read defenses as a weapon ?

The organization needs to stay the course and be consistent with their offensive and defense philosophy once it is defined .
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 192
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 October 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

i never said that sanchez wasn't a bottom tier QB?
and SB wins are the worse measure of a QB ever. Elway and marino were 2 of teh best QBs all time and elways didn't win a SB until his final 2 years and marino never won one. are you gonna say trent dilfer is a better Qb then marino because he has a ring. NEVER count SB wins as the measure of 1 player. ANyone who points to SB rings as a measure of a QB ebing good is a retard. plain and simple


I don't think the word retard is acceptable anymore - try intellectually challenged. And if you go back to an earlier write up of mine you will see I specifically mentioned that you would need a defense like the Ravens to cover for someone like Dilfer. Measuring Super Bowls is not the only way to measure a QB. In that I agree. Marino is one of the all-time greats. Elway won his 2 late but he won them and he is certainly another all-time great. But you keep missing the point. Now you bring up Elway and Marino. So trying to justify an Eli and Sanchez comparison - or excuse Sanchez because Eli has a bad game now and then makes no sense. By the way - I am not an Eli fan. I am a die hard Jets fan. But when someone tries to excuse Sanchez - who has done basically nothing with his career - by saying a QB 10 times better than him had a bad game, that statement is ridiculous. For the records, you now added Marino and Elways to Rodgers, Brady, Peyton and Brees. You must think Eli is pretty good to compare him even unfavorably to them.

Let's agree that Sanchez sucks and isn't showing any signs of improving. Can we do that? And if we can then lets agree that the best thing to do with a QB that sucks and isn't improving is to get rid of him.

Since you agree that Sanchez sucks
0

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,561
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

View Postchocomag, on 03 October 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

I don't think the word retard is acceptable anymore - try intellectually challenged. And if you go back to an earlier write up of mine you will see I specifically mentioned that you would need a defense like the Ravens to cover for someone like Dilfer. Measuring Super Bowls is not the only way to measure a QB. In that I agree. Marino is one of the all-time greats. Elway won his 2 late but he won them and he is certainly another all-time great. But you keep missing the point. Now you bring up Elway and Marino. So trying to justify an Eli and Sanchez comparison - or excuse Sanchez because Eli has a bad game now and then makes no sense. By the way - I am not an Eli fan. I am a die hard Jets fan. But when someone tries to excuse Sanchez - who has done basically nothing with his career - by saying a QB 10 times better than him had a bad game, that statement is ridiculous. For the records, you now added Marino and Elways to Rodgers, Brady, Peyton and Brees. You must think Eli is pretty good to compare him even unfavorably to them.

Let's agree that Sanchez sucks and isn't showing any signs of improving. Can we do that? And if we can then lets agree that the best thing to do with a QB that sucks and isn't improving is to get rid of him.

Since you agree that Sanchez sucks


Saying sanchez sucks is an easy way to put it but sure i'll agree he isn't playing well. Am i ready to give up on him? no becuase there isn't a better option. and don't give me the tebow or mcelro BS either. We need to draft a young QB high who actually can overtake sanchez for the job, and have a real QB competition. brunell was never gonna push him, tebow won't push him. Period.

Anyway with that said Sanchez looked very promising his 1st 2 years. I don't know WTF happened lasy year or what has happene dthe last 3 games. he looked amazing against the buffalo and then like shit the past 3 weeks. He laso don't have anything to help him. Brick has not been the top 3 player he used to be. mangold is having a down year. our RT sucks as usualy, slauson and moore are average and ducasse is a bust so far. keller has been out, holmes is done, hill is hurt and a rookie. What does he have? kerly, schillens, turner, and gates? tahts the sorriest group of WRs i've seen on the jets in a long time. Our run game has gone to shit as well. no threat of a run means teams are teeing off on sanchez and putting extra guys in coverage. sanchez has no time and nowhere to go with the ball on most plays. peyton manning couldn't do anything in our offense as it stands now. and alot of that is on MT and Rex with bad personnel choices and with injuries.

I said Eli has grown into a solid QB. but he isn't elite by any menas. I'd say he has gotten good enough to be tier 2 but he isn't tier 1 and I don't think anyone can disagree with that. Sanchez is on the bottom tier right now. But eli also had 2 Wrs that combined led the NFL in YAC. cruz himself led the NFL in YAC and broken tackles for a WR. life is easy when you make a 1 yard pass and your WR breaks 3 tackles and goes 99 yards. he also has better protection, same OC for 7 years who is a dam good one, same HC for 7 years, and a top run game his entire career. he had NFL leading total yards in tiki, he had 2 100 yard backs one year, he has backs averaging 5+ yards a carry (3 in the same season) and WRs who make plays for him and save him INTs. Eli also leads the NFL in INTs thrown in the red zone since 2010. tahts a span of 2.25 seasons he has thrown more red zone picks then anyone. each costing his team 3-7 points

He also has had a defense that leads the NFL in sacks eevry year with 3 great pass rushers, i mean strahan, tuck, osi, JPP the giants have always been loaded with pass rushers. they give him good field position. Elway as great as he was didn't win a SB until TD ran for 2k yards and he had a great defense. Eli won 2 Sbs but face it samuals dropped a game winning pick eli threw, then tyree made a helmet catch on a wing and a prayer throw. then last year he did nothing against the niners but his D kept him in teh game and it took 3 fumbles by 1 player to give the giants the win. eli had 9 chances in teh final 5 minutes and overtime to get inFG range and couldn't do it once. then his special teams made a play for him to get to theSB. then welker dropped the game winning catch and manningham made an amazing catch to get them in range to win the game. and both SBs the D held brady and the pats high powered offense to very little points.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 192
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 03 October 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Saying sanchez sucks is an easy way to put it but sure i'll agree he isn't playing well. Am i ready to give up on him? no becuase there isn't a better option. and don't give me the tebow or mcelro BS either. We need to draft a young QB high who actually can overtake sanchez for the job, and have a real QB competition. brunell was never gonna push him, tebow won't push him. Period.

Anyway with that said Sanchez looked very promising his 1st 2 years. I don't know WTF happened lasy year or what has happene dthe last 3 games. he looked amazing against the buffalo and then like shit the past 3 weeks. He laso don't have anything to help him. Brick has not been the top 3 player he used to be. mangold is having a down year. our RT sucks as usualy, slauson and moore are average and ducasse is a bust so far. keller has been out, holmes is done, hill is hurt and a rookie. What does he have? kerly, schillens, turner, and gates? tahts the sorriest group of WRs i've seen on the jets in a long time. Our run game has gone to shit as well. no threat of a run means teams are teeing off on sanchez and putting extra guys in coverage. sanchez has no time and nowhere to go with the ball on most plays. peyton manning couldn't do anything in our offense as it stands now. and alot of that is on MT and Rex with bad personnel choices and with injuries.

I said Eli has grown into a solid QB. but he isn't elite by any menas. I'd say he has gotten good enough to be tier 2 but he isn't tier 1 and I don't think anyone can disagree with that. Sanchez is on the bottom tier right now. But eli also had 2 Wrs that combined led the NFL in YAC. cruz himself led the NFL in YAC and broken tackles for a WR. life is easy when you make a 1 yard pass and your WR breaks 3 tackles and goes 99 yards. he also has better protection, same OC for 7 years who is a dam good one, same HC for 7 years, and a top run game his entire career. he had NFL leading total yards in tiki, he had 2 100 yard backs one year, he has backs averaging 5+ yards a carry (3 in the same season) and WRs who make plays for him and save him INTs. Eli also leads the NFL in INTs thrown in the red zone since 2010. tahts a span of 2.25 seasons he has thrown more red zone picks then anyone. each costing his team 3-7 points

He also has had a defense that leads the NFL in sacks eevry year with 3 great pass rushers, i mean strahan, tuck, osi, JPP the giants have always been loaded with pass rushers. they give him good field position. Elway as great as he was didn't win a SB until TD ran for 2k yards and he had a great defense. Eli won 2 Sbs but face it samuals dropped a game winning pick eli threw, then tyree made a helmet catch on a wing and a prayer throw. then last year he did nothing against the niners but his D kept him in teh game and it took 3 fumbles by 1 player to give the giants the win. eli had 9 chances in teh final 5 minutes and overtime to get inFG range and couldn't do it once. then his special teams made a play for him to get to theSB. then welker dropped the game winning catch and manningham made an amazing catch to get them in range to win the game. and both SBs the D held brady and the pats high powered offense to very little points.


I think we are finally getting somewhere. You and I both agree that we need another QB. The only thiing we aren't on the same page about is McElroy. I simply want the Jets to give him a chance. I don't know if he will be good or great. I only know what I have now isn't. So why not put the kid in and find out if we have what we need sitting on our bench. I assure you, the Patriots wouldn't have played Brady as soon as they did if Mo Lewis hadn't knocked Bledsoe out of the game. No one thought he was that good either.
Do I think McElroy is another Brady. NO - there haven't been too many Brady's ever in the NFL. But I would have more energy and enthusiasm if they gave the kid a shot. I know I have nothing with Sanchez.

As for Eli, I was watching Mike and Mike in the MOrning this morning. The subject was Tony Romo and where he would fit in the list of QB's in the league. Both Golic and Greenberg listed Brees, Rodgers, Brady and BOTH Mannings as in the top echelon followed closely by Ryan, Newton, etc. So there you have two experts who seem to believe he is there.

But discussing him isn't the real issue. Glad we both agree Sanchez is a major disappointment. If they don't give McElroy a shot, I do hope they draft a QB in the first round next season. Only problem is we don't seem to draft well. That may be the reason we haven't drafted a strong WR.
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users