NYJetsFan.com Forums: Espn Insider: Is It Time For The Jets To Rebuild? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 AM) Pineda solid pro
santana Icon : (Today, 07:19 AM) Pineda went Boston strong on Boston
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:57 AM) He has, except he is stupid for putting the shit on his neck. He has to hide that better.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) @Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) now that would be a fairly big move
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:46 AM) If they trade Suh to get Watkins, I would laugh. That doesn't really make their team better, they already have a high yardage passing attack
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:47 AM) They have the best WR in football and they signed Tate who will be a excellent #2 to Johnson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:53 AM) too many smokes screens. f*** the extra 2 weeks of this shit, the draft should be tonight!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Espn Insider: Is It Time For The Jets To Rebuild?

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

Found the article on another board...

Is it time for Jets to rebuild?

After being shut out 34-0 by the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday, what's left to say about the New York Jets? They are cooked. It was simply a miserable performance, with or without Santonio Holmes' injury. While the Jets are 2-2, they look much more like a mediocre team than one contending for the playoffs. What they need to do the rest of this season is some big-picture thinking and figuring out how to get this team back to being a contender.

That's right: It's time for the Jets to think about rebuilding.

When the Jets were a highly competitive team early in Mark Sanchez's career, they really had everything else besides the difference-making quarterback. Not only has Sanchez possibly regressed, but his supporting cast has gotten worse, as well. The offensive line and running game are the most glaring example.

A power running game and a dynamic, reliable tight end would be great comforts for a struggling quarterback like Sanchez. But Shonn Greene and Dustin Keller haven't helped this offense one bit for differing reasons. In fact, I think Greene is one of the worst starting running backs in the NFL. He has little burst, no home run potential and doesn't make anyone miss or contribute as a receiver. Bilal Powell might not ever be a star, but he has to be the lead back going forward. Because New York has so many pressing needs, running back might have to wait, with Powell being the placeholder for 2013 much like Donald Brown currently is for the Colts. Keller hasn't done enough to warrant a big contract (and has been injured since Week 1), but he is a player the Jets must get a lot of opportunities going forward to see what exactly he is worth. Greene and Keller are both free agents after this season and I wouldn't give either player big money, particularly Greene.

As for the offensive line, the Jets still have three high-end linemen in D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Brandon Moore and Nick Mangold, but they aren't getting any younger. New York is subpar at the other guard spot, weak at right tackle and the line is very short on depth. This is no longer a dominant front five. An upgrade at right tackle is a must, preferably through the draft to infuse youth up front.

Although Holmes, who looked to possibly be seriously injured Sunday, isn't the easiest guy to defend, rarely have I seen an elite wide receiver more frustrated with the guy throwing him the football. Sanchez has left so many plays on the field when targeting Holmes. That has to eventually weigh on Holmes, as he must have no confidence in the ball being where it needs to be. That doesn't excuse Holmes' effort at times, though. Such actions only compound New York's problems and therefore it might be best if the Jets shipped Holmes out of town for draft picks -- even though he is clearly the best receiver on a receiver-starved team. Holmes also makes a lot of money for all the problems he causes. The Jets have to give Stephen Hill a ton of game experience going forward. He is very, very raw, but he is talented. They need to accelerate his development and live with the growing pains. Jeremy Kerley looks like a keeper, but he is a role player and best in the slot.

The Jets' biggest problem, however, lies at quarterback. Sanchez has very average tools, and if you have very average tools, you must excel in all other areas. Sanchez, who hasn't connected on 50 percent of his passes since Week 1, simply doesn't excel in the other areas including decision-making, anticipation, dealing with pass-rush pressure and, of course, accuracy. What has been particularly frustrating about Sanchez this year is that his accuracy in the short zones has been very poor, as it was again on Sunday. The Jets should thoroughly explore trading Sanchez. A change of scenery with lower expectations could help his career, and getting him off the books would be fantastic for the Jets' ability to sign free agents and improve their football team.

The draft is the path I would take to improve the Jets' QB, as rarely do franchise quarterbacks hit the free-agent market. If it takes New York using all of its offseason resources or draft picks (like the Washington Redskins did to get Robert Griffin III) to land a great quarterback prospect, the Jets have to do it. Even if they can't get into the top five of the draft, could you imagine how much better off the Jets would be with a prospect like Christian Ponder or Ryan Tannehill right now? Also adding a placeholder in the Jason Campbell or Shaun Hill mold could make sense with the plan of eventually making the veteran a strong No. 2 and mentor. I feel obligated to mention Tim Tebow, but the reality to me is that he is rather inconsequential in the big picture. He can't throw well enough to succeed as a pure QB in the NFL and I sure wouldn't be the one to spend the multitude of hours and snaps to develop him into even an average passer, if that is even possible. If keeping him around would be a distraction to the new rookie quarterback, the Jets should ship him out even if they get nothing in return.

It's easy to say that the upcoming offseason should be solely dedicated to the offensive side of the ball. And I wouldn't totally argue with it, especially if New York was to draft a quarterback high in the draft, like Indianapolis did this offseason. But the Jets aren't without issues on defense. The biggest problem is that Gang Green lacks a pass-rusher that frightens the opposition. Instead, Rex Ryan has to dial up blitzes to get pressure. That works fine with a stacked group of cover men, but the Jets desperately need a 3-4 outside linebacker who is a consistent double-digit sack guy. It might be wise for New York to field calls for any of its high-priced veteran defensive talent when the trade deadline rolls around. Maybe a contender bites on Antonio Cromartie, Bart Scott or David Harris. Of those three, Cromartie would be one New York should be most reluctant to part with.

The bottom line is that the Jets need a lot of help right now and are far from contending. Compounding matters, they need serious help at positions that are difficult to find or expensive to acquire. Even if done right, this will not happen overnight. But they could be worse off. A decent quarterback would make the lesser problems go away. That must be the Jets' priority and they must find that quarterback at all costs.

http://insider.espn....rk-jets-rebuild

#2 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

Yes it is.... This team doesn't have much talent, its locked into some bad contracts. Its time for a new GM to take over and try to clean the mess that Tannenbaum has put this team into.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

I STILL BELIEVE
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#4 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Its funny how a really bad loss causes such a knee jerk reaction. The defense looked horrible but anyone thinking that losing revis wouldn't have a huge impact because we had wilson waiting in the wings was in denial. Realistically, the jets need a legit RB, a legit OLB, and most importantly, a real QB.

The san fran game was as bad as I have seen, but the offense wasn't that bad on sunday...Sanchez was terrible however. The WRers were getting open. Unfortunately...sanchez just couldn't hit them. Mark is done, Yesterday was the day when I finally lost all hope in sanchez ever becoming a legitimate starting QB in the NFL. I've been saying for years that the offensive struggles were more on marks shoulders than on our passed OC, Schotty. He was the scape goat...well now that he is gone I think it is finally clear to everyone who the real problem is. I hated the draft pick from day one but had always hoped and thought there was a chance sanchez could prove the doubters wrong. Well he didn't prove us wrong, at least not yet which is a bummer. As its been mentioned before...everyone can see that sanchez wants to be great but he just isn't capable of being great. Tebow isn't the answer either but if we get spanked next week by the texans, be prepared for tebowmania because its coming. Sanchez has become yet another page in the "same old jets" story book.

It's funny too...We're still in first place in the division but this will more than likely be the last week we can say that. This team isn't going anywhere. With the defense being just as bad as the offense now, there is nothing about this team that can carry the other parts.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

We;ve been rebuiliding since 1998.

#6 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

It just seems like this team never has two things that match. I mean I think back to all those years we had a HoF running back with Curtis Martin and we had at best during his years with the Jets average defenses. Now we have one of the better defenses in the league but no great running back like Martin to effectively run a ground and pound offense. I think back to years like 2004 and if he just had Revis back then we probably could have went to the Super Bowl that year. Then I just can't get over how if Gholston would've been just half of what he was expected to be, the D could have put pressure on Peyton and Ben in those AFC championship games along with Revis shutting down on his end. We could have gotten over that hump. Gholston being the bust that he was set this team back more than I realized. You GOT TO put pressure on the QB on a consistent basis when you have a player like Revis. I wish I could take 2004 Curtis Martin and place him on this team.

I don't know but I don't really see the point of blowing up the team because it never seems to matter. I mean look at the quarterbacks. Testaverde, Pennington, Clemens, Sanchez. Different strengths and weakness with all of them. But I don't totally place the blame on any of them. Then there are the head coaches. We've had the everybody's friend, college style HC in Edwards. The disciplinarian, all business coach in Mangini and the confident media friendly coach in Rex Ryan. Then at GM in Bradway from 2001 to 2006 who was okay, he had a big bust pick in Robertson and a great pick in Vilma. With Tannenbaum you had a big bust pick with Gholston and a great pick in Revis. So I don't know, we could do worse than Tannenbaum, we could do better but I don't know who that is. Some of you are talking about Cowher and I doubt he'd want to leave that cushy job at CBS to deal with a rebuilding New York Jets. I've always felt he's holding out for a franchise that has had a history of more success like the Cowboys or Giants. Plus I don't think he's some sort of coaching or football genius anyway. I'd say he's right up there with guys like Shanahan and Holmgren and neither of them have done much the last 10 years. So I really don't see a guy like Cowher being our Superman.

I just don't feel things will change much either way. Because we've changed GMs, HCs, and QBs in the past and it never seems to all come together all at one time. This franchise just has a dark cloud constantly over it. Sometimes the sun shines through for a while to get our hopes up, but then the cloud not only comes back but it comes back with a down poor. I don't like being pessimistic about the future because I feel at some point it just has to be our day in the sun, but it gets old saying "there's always next year" every year. I don't know but I don't see any new GM or HC or QB being able to fix this. We just never seem to have all the right pieces at the right time and we damn sure don't have luck on our side.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#7 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

It won't do any good to blow it up if they continue to do what they've done over the years. Bradyway was maybe just okay, but Edwards was horrible. He had absolutely zero legitimate offensive philosophy and values giving guys chances and rooting for the Rudys of the world rather than talent. Tannenbaum and Mangini did well and brought in lots of talent, but Mangini wasn't popular with the players (and this is my conjecture) the Jets want a song and dance man so they brought in Ryan who thinks you just shit-talk all week and doesn't seem to believe in real preparation.

One thing right now is people are talking about how untalented we are, but that is silly. The Jets have enough top end talent to compete. We haven't developed the young guys and haven't added good players. We have poor depth (as shown by the fact that nobody steps up into roles when given the chance) and don't put players in a position to do what they are better at (especially under Schotty).

Winning is an organizational issue and the Jets need to make sure they want to win. Right now I image the only positive ranking we have is jersey sales, and it worries me that that might be good enough for them.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#8 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

The mistake that the Jets made in the offseason was that they were more concerned with selling PSL's than improving the team. They brought in a nobody as a backup QB that couldn't hit the broadside of a barn simply because he could sell PSL's and he didn't even do that as well as they had hoped. Now, the wildcat bullsh!t they had hoped to run doesn't even work. And of course, because we're 2-2 & on our way to 2-3, as expected, the media and the fairweather fans are all calling for this same idiot who led the league in 3 & outs and turnovers to replace Sanchez as the starter. Why? Are you all hoping for the #1 overall draft pick or something? Do you deliberately want to be basement dwellers in the AFC East again or do you actually want to at least TRY to compete in the division? I've been following this team for the last 34-35 years since I started watching football as a kid and have bled green the entire time. Stop acting like it's 1995 all over again. We're in a big hole right now, but the season is NOT lost YET. Tanny & Rex have both fvcked up BIG this offseason by not pursuing the right players to improve the team.

Coples needs to be on the field more. Teblow needs to be sent packing. We need to get a WR in here NOW rather than bringing in another CB that wont do shit and giving the team 2 days off to "take a long look at themselves." WTF is that about? Bullsh!t. No offense, but at least Germ Edwards put his fist through a projector at this time and the team responded before imploding. Tanny needs to stop being a salesman for PSL's and get back to being a fvcking GM. The Defense needs to start moving around at the line rather than simply lining up and allowing the Offense to make reads all ove rthe place. When there was movement by the D to confuse the Offense, we were a nasty unit and tore people up. Why we went away from that, I have no fvcking clue.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#9 User is offline   Displacednewyorker Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Rebuild ? Nonsense.

I by far am no expert in these things, just a fan, but I have to disagree with JF099. I happen to see talent on this team. In several area's. What I don't see are special playmakers.

We have no "take it to the house at any moment" type of player. The lack of speed on offense is atrocious. Teams around the league know this and are not scared of us.

In a nutshell, if we had an explosive, shifty RB with speed receivers, who can catch mind you, things would be extremely on the upside. As it is, trying to ground and pound, just won't cut it in the N.F.L. anymore.

Defensively, things are brighter. But again, I would love to see some more speed, especially at DL/LB.

You do not need 22 all-star players on the field to win in the league. What you need are a few game changers. The Jets have zero game changers.

Does this mean time to rebuild? I say no. We just need a few pieces that work. Not a few pieces that worked somewhere else, probably because there was someone else that demanded more attention. The pieces that we do need, should be game changers, and with that I do not see a complete rebuild being needed.

A few "good pieces" will do the trick.

I think the following positions need a few players:

OL - at least 2, one guard and one tackle
RB - One shifty, speed back that can turn heads (20-25 touches a game)
WR - two speed guys that can catch, especially in traffic
LB - two speed, durable, knowledgeable guys

and maybe one CB. I see no more than 8 pieces needed, out of 53 active players. That is a far cry from rebuilding in my opinion. Honestly, give us the two WR's and the one shifty RB (no, McKnight is not that back) and the offense could go places.

The big thing with this is evaluating the players properly, and MT seems to lack in this area. He seems to like the popular player at the moment. I like MT, but that is were the blame needs to be put.

Start with a new GM and then mix in a couple of new pieces and the Jets are back in business. Put Rex on the hot seat after this season, especially if they do not make the playoffs.

rebuild, no way, tinker with faster, smarter players, definitely.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   kelly Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Interests:jets , yankees , knicks , travel , surfin' ( the SO-CAL babyee ! ).

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

ALL is lost :banghead:
i ♥ u guys ..hey !..HEY ! ! ! you can come up now...
Posted Image
....we've actually WON some games ! ..For Real ! !

cheers ~ ~
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

View Postextmenace, on 01 October 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

Its funny how a really bad loss causes such a knee jerk reaction. The defense looked horrible but anyone thinking that losing revis wouldn't have a huge impact because we had wilson waiting in the wings was in denial. Realistically, the jets need a legit RB, a legit OLB, and most importantly, a real QB.

The san fran game was as bad as I have seen, but the offense wasn't that bad on sunday...Sanchez was terrible however. The WRers were getting open. Unfortunately...sanchez just couldn't hit them. Mark is done, Yesterday was the day when I finally lost all hope in sanchez ever becoming a legitimate starting QB in the NFL. I've been saying for years that the offensive struggles were more on marks shoulders than on our passed OC, Schotty. He was the scape goat...well now that he is gone I think it is finally clear to everyone who the real problem is. I hated the draft pick from day one but had always hoped and thought there was a chance sanchez could prove the doubters wrong. Well he didn't prove us wrong, at least not yet which is a bummer. As its been mentioned before...everyone can see that sanchez wants to be great but he just isn't capable of being great. Tebow isn't the answer either but if we get spanked next week by the texans, be prepared for tebowmania because its coming. Sanchez has become yet another page in the "same old jets" story book.

It's funny too...We're still in first place in the division but this will more than likely be the last week we can say that. This team isn't going anywhere. With the defense being just as bad as the offense now, there is nothing about this team that can carry the other parts.

I agree except we may just beat the texans because we aren't suppose to .
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#12 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 01 October 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

It just seems like this team never has two things that match. I mean I think back to all those years we had a HoF running back with Curtis Martin and we had at best during his years with the Jets average defenses. Now we have one of the better defenses in the league but no great running back like Martin to effectively run a ground and pound offense. I think back to years like 2004 and if he just had Revis back then we probably could have went to the Super Bowl that year. Then I just can't get over how if Gholston would've been just half of what he was expected to be, the D could have put pressure on Peyton and Ben in those AFC championship games along with Revis shutting down on his end. We could have gotten over that hump. Gholston being the bust that he was set this team back more than I realized. You GOT TO put pressure on the QB on a consistent basis when you have a player like Revis. I wish I could take 2004 Curtis Martin and place him on this team.

I don't know but I don't really see the point of blowing up the team because it never seems to matter. I mean look at the quarterbacks. Testaverde, Pennington, Clemens, Sanchez. Different strengths and weakness with all of them. But I don't totally place the blame on any of them. Then there are the head coaches. We've had the everybody's friend, college style HC in Edwards. The disciplinarian, all business coach in Mangini and the confident media friendly coach in Rex Ryan. Then at GM in Bradway from 2001 to 2006 who was okay, he had a big bust pick in Robertson and a great pick in Vilma. With Tannenbaum you had a big bust pick with Gholston and a great pick in Revis. So I don't know, we could do worse than Tannenbaum, we could do better but I don't know who that is. Some of you are talking about Cowher and I doubt he'd want to leave that cushy job at CBS to deal with a rebuilding New York Jets. I've always felt he's holding out for a franchise that has had a history of more success like the Cowboys or Giants. Plus I don't think he's some sort of coaching or football genius anyway. I'd say he's right up there with guys like Shanahan and Holmgren and neither of them have done much the last 10 years. So I really don't see a guy like Cowher being our Superman.

I just don't feel things will change much either way. Because we've changed GMs, HCs, and QBs in the past and it never seems to all come together all at one time. This franchise just has a dark cloud constantly over it. Sometimes the sun shines through for a while to get our hopes up, but then the cloud not only comes back but it comes back with a down poor. I don't like being pessimistic about the future because I feel at some point it just has to be our day in the sun, but it gets old saying "there's always next year" every year. I don't know but I don't see any new GM or HC or QB being able to fix this. We just never seem to have all the right pieces at the right time and we damn sure don't have luck on our side.

Lord hear your Prayer , poor fellow . ask your self what is definitive Jets Football ? they don't stick to anything and it is their loosing formula . but they turn a profit . laugh in another post on the Jets official site i suggested they move to a farm in conn.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#13 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 02 October 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

The mistake that the Jets made in the offseason was that they were more concerned with selling PSL's than improving the team. They brought in a nobody as a backup QB that couldn't hit the broadside of a barn simply because he could sell PSL's and he didn't even do that as well as they had hoped. Now, the wildcat bullsh!t they had hoped to run doesn't even work. And of course, because we're 2-2 & on our way to 2-3, as expected, the media and the fairweather fans are all calling for this same idiot who led the league in 3 & outs and turnovers to replace Sanchez as the starter. Why? Are you all hoping for the #1 overall draft pick or something? Do you deliberately want to be basement dwellers in the AFC East again or do you actually want to at least TRY to compete in the division? I've been following this team for the last 34-35 years since I started watching football as a kid and have bled green the entire time. Stop acting like it's 1995 all over again. We're in a big hole right now, but the season is NOT lost YET. Tanny & Rex have both fvcked up BIG this offseason by not pursuing the right players to improve the team.

Coples needs to be on the field more. Teblow needs to be sent packing. We need to get a WR in here NOW rather than bringing in another CB that wont do shit and giving the team 2 days off to "take a long look at themselves." WTF is that about? Bullsh!t. No offense, but at least Germ Edwards put his fist through a projector at this time and the team responded before imploding. Tanny needs to stop being a salesman for PSL's and get back to being a fvcking GM. The Defense needs to start moving around at the line rather than simply lining up and allowing the Offense to make reads all ove rthe place. When there was movement by the D to confuse the Offense, we were a nasty unit and tore people up. Why we went away from that, I have no fvcking clue.

Censorship of both his defensive playing style and also his speech . both were removed from sight and sound. Revis has on paper better teamates on D than in yrs past . so we should have been great.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users