NYJetsFan.com Forums: Woody Puts Romney Win Over Jets Victory - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Lee lee lee lee lee lee lee Lee la la lee le lee leeeee
SecondHandJets Icon : (11 May 2016 - 02:04 PM) GO TEAM!
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 May 2016 - 10:40 AM) from the looks of it, nobody is excited lol
santana Icon : (18 May 2016 - 10:27 PM) I'm excited for geno smith. His jaw will survive the off season.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 May 2016 - 06:26 PM) not true, never know who might punch him
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 May 2016 - 05:38 PM) f*** Geno smith
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 May 2016 - 05:39 PM) J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!
mgjetman Icon : (23 May 2016 - 02:01 PM) Geno really needs to go away. Double f**k Geno.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 May 2016 - 02:21 PM) Fitzpatrick said he wants to play for the jets and that he won't retire
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 May 2016 - 06:50 PM) This street thug Darron Lee hasn't signed yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 May 2016 - 05:32 PM) that damn dirty street thug
Jetsfan115 Icon : (31 May 2016 - 10:28 AM) jets offered fitz 3 years 24 million dollar deal. 12 million for 2016 and 6 million each for 2017 and 2018. fitz is unhappy with the 2017 and 2018 number
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 June 2016 - 01:45 PM) Street thug
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 June 2016 - 01:47 PM) I really don't like Devin Smith he cost us 2 games last season with his hands of stone
Jetsfan115 Icon : (01 June 2016 - 04:27 PM) he's a rookie
Jetsfan115 Icon : (01 June 2016 - 04:27 PM) i'm more concerned we really don't have a slot WR. all of our guys are outside guys
Jetsfan115 Icon : (01 June 2016 - 04:27 PM) i wonder if amaro is gonna be a big slit guy and blocker for us
Jetsfan115 Icon : (01 June 2016 - 04:27 PM) slot
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 June 2016 - 09:22 PM) Sources told NY daily news.Fitzpatrick is about to sign 1 year deal
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 June 2016 - 10:06 PM) We didn't have a slot WR last year also. I do Amaro steps up I really do like him
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 June 2016 - 09:46 AM) Ok so the jets won't take the deal. My question is why?? 1 year 12 million when they are already offering him 12 million in his first year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (02 June 2016 - 01:24 PM) 2 reasons, 1st off for salary cap relief this year. we have no cap room this year but plenty next year. a multi year deal and backload the contract and 2, why pay a guy 12 mil for 1 year with no guarentee and go thorugh this again
Jetsfan115 Icon : (02 June 2016 - 01:24 PM) fitz said he'd take a 1 year deal but jets don't want that
Jetsfan115 Icon : (02 June 2016 - 01:25 PM) they should offer him a 3 years for 30 mil. 12 this year (half in the signing bonus for cap relief) 10 mil next year and 8 mil the 3rd year. 1st 2 years guarenteed (22 mil)
RetireChrebet Icon : (03 June 2016 - 03:37 AM) You know your fucked when the biggest offseason story is can we convince a journeyman QB whom singlehandedly threw us out of the playoffs last year to sign a deal worth way more than his actual value!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 09:59 AM) Ok jets brothers I need fantasy football help. Who should I keep in my keepers league. We have to decide by July
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:00 AM) Should I keep Cam Gurley or Bell?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:01 AM) Cam had a monster year last year and in our league it's 6 points per PassTd and cam is getting his best WR back.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:01 AM) Gurley was a monster last year as a rookie
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:03 AM) Bell missed most of the year with a injury but it's also a PPR league. In only 6 games last year he =100 points
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:04 AM) Cam also had 45 total TDs last year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:50 AM) I'd keep bell
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:50 AM) there are maybe like 5 #1 fantasy RBs at best and you need to start at least 2
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:50 AM) QBs are easier to find. I had cam in 2 leagues and drafted him way late. RBs are impossible to find late
MikeGangGree... Icon : (04 June 2016 - 07:53 PM) FIRE FITZPATRICK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (04 June 2016 - 07:53 PM) That Damn dirty street thug
MikeGangGree... Icon : (05 June 2016 - 09:43 PM) In other news the NBA finals is like A NFL team Playing a college football team.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (06 June 2016 - 11:23 AM) line is in. jets are favorites for 5 games, pick for 2, and underdog for 9
MikeGangGree... Icon : (08 June 2016 - 04:56 PM) We play better as a underdog
santana Icon : (12 June 2016 - 03:54 PM) JETS JETS JETS
santana Icon : (13 June 2016 - 09:28 AM) Update on the #Jets situation with Ryan Fitzpatrick: Nothing. … Just nothing. Doesn't seem like things will change heading into minicamp.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 June 2016 - 10:39 AM) yeah every day i check for an update and every day, nothing
vjdbbq Icon : (14 June 2016 - 05:43 AM) Where's Rob and his ass ?
Mario Icon : (20 June 2016 - 06:21 PM) Any Jets fan in the Kansas city, Missouri area, that will be going to the game on the 25th of September?
vjdbbq Icon : (22 June 2016 - 07:29 AM) No Mario ; you will be there alone .
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 June 2016 - 07:15 PM) FIRE FITZPATRICK
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Woody Puts Romney Win Over Jets Victory

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 3,178
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

Quote

Jets owner Woody Johnson puts Mitt Romney win over Jets victory

Jets owner Woody Johnson detailed his priorities today in an interview with Bloomberg.

Asked whether he would rather the Jets have a winning season in 2012 or Mitt Romney, the Republican presidential candidate that Johnson has backed, take the White House in November, Johnson replied that he would "put country first" and choose a Romney victory.

The Jets, though, clearly remain a priority. During the interview, the team is represented by Johnson's green tie.

Johnson apologized to Jets fans for Sunday's 34-0 loss to the San Francisco 49ers, saying fans deserved better in deeming the Jets' play "unacceptable."


Video Interview: http://www.nj.com/je...hnson_puts.html
0

#2 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

View PostChaos, on 01 October 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:



Yeah no shit...electing the leader of our country kinda is more important than a game.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

Woody sounds like hes utterly disgusted and frustrated with this team. He likely feels worn down and tired. Last thing he wants to do is talk about this miserable joke of a franchise.
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 01 October 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Woody sounds like hes utterly disgusted and frustrated with this team. He likely feels worn down and tired. Last thing he wants to do is talk about this miserable joke of a franchise.


Oh no! Woody is tired of raking in over $150M annually from owning a football team! You know damn well that Woody doesn't care half as much as we do about the Jets.
0

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,194
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

I would be concerned if he said the opposite. We all have priorities in life. He puts his country in front of a game. Sounds right to me.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,292
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 October 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

I would be concerned if he said the opposite. We all have priorities in life. He puts his country in front of a game. Sounds right to me.


So why's he backing Romney???....
0

#7 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,194
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 02 October 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

So why's he backing Romney???....

See the thread Mr.Jets and I had earlier in the year. Have you not seen the job Obama has done the past 4 years?
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,194
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 October 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

See the thread Mr.Jets and I had earlier in the year.

Actually forget that. I don't want to get into another week long debate
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,292
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 October 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

See the thread Mr.Jets and I had earlier in the year. Why wouldn't he?


Gaffe prone, tactless, untrustworthy, disregards and insults vast swathes of his fellow countrymen...thank god British politicians aren't as daft and scary as he is (although with the way things are going, the ruling Conservative party are swinging to the right in desperation).
0

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,194
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 02 October 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

Gaffe prone, tactless, untrustworthy, disregards and insults vast swathes of his fellow countrymen...thank god British politicians aren't as daft and scary as he is (although with the way things are going, the ruling Conservative party are swinging to the right in desperation).

Your watching to much Liberal media.
Posted Image
0

#11 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,292
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 October 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

Your watching to much Liberal media.


Seeing as I mainly read The Times, owned by a certain Mr. Murdoch, then I'm stuck on where to find out what's happening in the world ;)
0

#12 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 3,178
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

I understand that politics and the future of the country is much more important than a game but this guy needs to fulfill his obligation to his customers. Fans pay for the team to place an entertaining and successful show on the field and if the owner is going to come out and say this is his second priority it rubs some people the wrong way.
0

#13 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,194
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

View PostChaos, on 02 October 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

I understand that politics and the future of the country is much more important than a game but this guy needs to fulfill his obligation to his customers. Fans pay for the team to place an entertaining and successful show on the field and if the owner is going to come out and say this is his second priority it rubs some people the wrong way.

Does anyone else feel that they are getting the cap in order to get a big push when we host the SB? Another thought was they do well enough to get people spending and then they stop trying when they do. Either way I am sure Woody is on top of it. Just because he is helping somewhere else does not mean he is neglecting his duties.
Posted Image
0

#14 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

  • TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 4,590
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Beantown...I missed NY

  • MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Like Romney, woody hates 47% of his team. The lamest owner in sports.
0

#15 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,330
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Really I totally agree with what Woody said. Look at the question he was asked. He was asked whether he would want the Jets to win the Super Bowl in 2012 (February of 2013 really) or for Romney to win the election. If I were him I'd say the same thing he said. I mean the Super Bowl happens every year while a presidential election is every four years. The Jets could always win the Super Bowl in 2013 or 2014 or 2015. But there won't be an election for president next year. Personally I would think if Woody had his choice of the Jets winning the SB this season or next season, he'd choose next season since that one will be played in MetLife Stadium. I like Woody I look at other owners like Bill Bidwill (Cardinals owner) or Donald Sterling (LA Clippers owner) and thank God they don't own the Jets. They really hate spending money to get and keep good players. I also like that he's not like Jerry Jones who thinks just because he was great at making a fortune in the oil industry that also must mean he's great at being a GM for a NFL franchise too. I like that Woody let's somebody who knows more about football than he does have the GM title and make those decisions. But I also like that he's not Jim Irsay constantly tweeting shit or like Dan Snyder just willing to spend and spend all the time. So personally I like Woody as the owner because I look at some of these other owners and just shake my head. Woody reminds me a lot of Jerry Buss (except Buss wasn't an heir to a family fortune).

But I think Jenna Jameson said it best when she was asked why she endorsed Romney for president. She said "I'm very looking forward to a Republican being back in office. When you're rich, you want a Republican in office." And If I had the kind of money Woody Johnson has I'd feel the same way.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#16 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,194
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 02 October 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Really I totally agree with what Woody said. Look at the question he was asked. He was asked whether he would want the Jets to win the Super Bowl in 2012 (February of 2013 really) or for Romney to win the election. If I were him I'd say the same thing he said. I mean the Super Bowl happens every year while a presidential election is every four years. The Jets could always win the Super Bowl in 2013 or 2014 or 2015. But there won't be an election for president next year. Personally I would think if Woody had his choice of the Jets winning the SB this season or next season, he'd choose next season since that one will be played in MetLife Stadium. I like Woody I look at other owners like Bill Bidwill (Cardinals owner) or Donald Sterling (LA Clippers owner) and thank God they don't own the Jets. They really hate spending money to get and keep good players. I also like that he's not like Jerry Jones who thinks just because he was great at making a fortune in the oil industry that also must mean he's great at being a GM for a NFL franchise too. I like that Woody let's somebody who knows more about football than he does have the GM title and make those decisions. But I also like that he's not Jim Irsay constantly tweeting shit or like Dan Snyder just willing to spend and spend all the time. So personally I like Woody as the owner because I look at some of these other owners and just shake my head. Woody reminds me a lot of Jerry Buss (except Buss wasn't an heir to a family fortune).

Great post

Quote

But I think Jenna Jameson said it best when she was asked why she endorsed Romney for president. She said "I'm very looking forward to a Republican being back in office. When you're rich, you want a Republican in office." And If I had the kind of money Woody Johnson has I'd feel the same way.

She also said
"I look forward to another Democrat being in office," Jameson told PR.com , noting that Republicans "put their crosshairs on the adult industry"

She is also a Democrat.

One of the few areas I agree with Obama is the tax code needs to be revamped. He talks alot about it but nothing is ever done. My biggest beef with Obama is not that I disagree with his policies (although I do)as much as he can't get things done.
Posted Image
0

#17 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,330
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 October 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

Great post

She also said
"I look forward to another Democrat being in office," Jameson told PR.com , noting that Republicans "put their crosshairs on the adult industry"

She is also a Democrat.


She shouldn't worry about that because it's not just us hedonist, liberal bastards making porn a billion dollar industry. Just ask Clarence Thomas. These guys love to talk about "family values" but they're still men too. They have some porn stashed away somewhere in the house or in a computer file deep into the computer. I'd be willing to bet a good number of these "Christian family values" men who have porn in their crosshairs are getting down themselves whenever the Stepford wife is away.


Quote

One of the few areas I agree with Obama is the tax code needs to be revamped. He talks alot about it but nothing is ever done. My biggest beef with Obama is not that I disagree with his policies (although I do)as much as he can't get things done.


Can't do much with a congress who won't work with you. He's the president not the emperor. I mean if at your job one of your co-workers said to everybody that it was their number one priority to get you fired, do you think that person would work with you in good faith on a major project? That's basically what Mitch McConnell said. If somebody wants Obama to get things done, send him some congressmen and senators who are willing to work with him. Not people who say no to everything even things they've supported in the past. Not people who misuse the filibuster in order to stall bills in the senate and keep them from ever getting to Obama's desk. Now the president is partly to blame too, but I've already said why that is.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#18 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,661
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Romney & Obama both are going to have their faults, BUT Nobama has already fucked this country up enough. Woody is right to put the presidential election ahead of a single winning season.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#19 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,330
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 04 October 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

Romney & Obama both are going to have their faults, BUT Nobama has already fucked this country up enough. Woody is right to put the presidential election ahead of a single winning season.


:rolleyes: Go kill some brown people.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users