NYJetsFan.com Forums: Woody Puts Romney Win Over Jets Victory - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) I'm watching cops lol
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) yo
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) YO!
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:58 PM) LFC could win the league on my birthday
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) zzzzzzzz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) I might go to LFC/MCFC this summer
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) contemplating between that and Arsenal v. Red Bulls
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:16 PM) ill be at LFC/Olympiakos in Chicago and then LFC/Milan in Charlotte not coming to the NY game tho
santana Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM) http://i.imgur.com/Nw1vwg1.gif
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) ESPN: boston strong
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) uefa....time
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:37 PM) EL CHOLO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) *high 5*
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Woody Puts Romney Win Over Jets Victory

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 2,950
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

Quote

Jets owner Woody Johnson puts Mitt Romney win over Jets victory

Jets owner Woody Johnson detailed his priorities today in an interview with Bloomberg.

Asked whether he would rather the Jets have a winning season in 2012 or Mitt Romney, the Republican presidential candidate that Johnson has backed, take the White House in November, Johnson replied that he would "put country first" and choose a Romney victory.

The Jets, though, clearly remain a priority. During the interview, the team is represented by Johnson's green tie.

Johnson apologized to Jets fans for Sunday's 34-0 loss to the San Francisco 49ers, saying fans deserved better in deeming the Jets' play "unacceptable."


Video Interview: http://www.nj.com/je...hnson_puts.html
0

#2 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

View PostChaos, on 01 October 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:



Yeah no shit...electing the leader of our country kinda is more important than a game.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,128
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

Woody sounds like hes utterly disgusted and frustrated with this team. He likely feels worn down and tired. Last thing he wants to do is talk about this miserable joke of a franchise.
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,449
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 01 October 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Woody sounds like hes utterly disgusted and frustrated with this team. He likely feels worn down and tired. Last thing he wants to do is talk about this miserable joke of a franchise.


Oh no! Woody is tired of raking in over $150M annually from owning a football team! You know damn well that Woody doesn't care half as much as we do about the Jets.
0

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,763
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

I would be concerned if he said the opposite. We all have priorities in life. He puts his country in front of a game. Sounds right to me.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,247
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 October 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

I would be concerned if he said the opposite. We all have priorities in life. He puts his country in front of a game. Sounds right to me.


So why's he backing Romney???....
0

#7 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,763
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 02 October 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

So why's he backing Romney???....

See the thread Mr.Jets and I had earlier in the year. Have you not seen the job Obama has done the past 4 years?
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,763
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 October 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

See the thread Mr.Jets and I had earlier in the year.

Actually forget that. I don't want to get into another week long debate
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,247
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 October 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

See the thread Mr.Jets and I had earlier in the year. Why wouldn't he?


Gaffe prone, tactless, untrustworthy, disregards and insults vast swathes of his fellow countrymen...thank god British politicians aren't as daft and scary as he is (although with the way things are going, the ruling Conservative party are swinging to the right in desperation).
0

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,763
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 02 October 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

Gaffe prone, tactless, untrustworthy, disregards and insults vast swathes of his fellow countrymen...thank god British politicians aren't as daft and scary as he is (although with the way things are going, the ruling Conservative party are swinging to the right in desperation).

Your watching to much Liberal media.
Posted Image
0

#11 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,247
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 October 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

Your watching to much Liberal media.


Seeing as I mainly read The Times, owned by a certain Mr. Murdoch, then I'm stuck on where to find out what's happening in the world ;)
0

#12 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 2,950
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

I understand that politics and the future of the country is much more important than a game but this guy needs to fulfill his obligation to his customers. Fans pay for the team to place an entertaining and successful show on the field and if the owner is going to come out and say this is his second priority it rubs some people the wrong way.
0

#13 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,763
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

View PostChaos, on 02 October 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

I understand that politics and the future of the country is much more important than a game but this guy needs to fulfill his obligation to his customers. Fans pay for the team to place an entertaining and successful show on the field and if the owner is going to come out and say this is his second priority it rubs some people the wrong way.

Does anyone else feel that they are getting the cap in order to get a big push when we host the SB? Another thought was they do well enough to get people spending and then they stop trying when they do. Either way I am sure Woody is on top of it. Just because he is helping somewhere else does not mean he is neglecting his duties.
Posted Image
0

#14 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

  • TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 4,548
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Beantown...I missed NY

  • MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Like Romney, woody hates 47% of his team. The lamest owner in sports.
0

#15 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,142
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Really I totally agree with what Woody said. Look at the question he was asked. He was asked whether he would want the Jets to win the Super Bowl in 2012 (February of 2013 really) or for Romney to win the election. If I were him I'd say the same thing he said. I mean the Super Bowl happens every year while a presidential election is every four years. The Jets could always win the Super Bowl in 2013 or 2014 or 2015. But there won't be an election for president next year. Personally I would think if Woody had his choice of the Jets winning the SB this season or next season, he'd choose next season since that one will be played in MetLife Stadium. I like Woody I look at other owners like Bill Bidwill (Cardinals owner) or Donald Sterling (LA Clippers owner) and thank God they don't own the Jets. They really hate spending money to get and keep good players. I also like that he's not like Jerry Jones who thinks just because he was great at making a fortune in the oil industry that also must mean he's great at being a GM for a NFL franchise too. I like that Woody let's somebody who knows more about football than he does have the GM title and make those decisions. But I also like that he's not Jim Irsay constantly tweeting shit or like Dan Snyder just willing to spend and spend all the time. So personally I like Woody as the owner because I look at some of these other owners and just shake my head. Woody reminds me a lot of Jerry Buss (except Buss wasn't an heir to a family fortune).

But I think Jenna Jameson said it best when she was asked why she endorsed Romney for president. She said "I'm very looking forward to a Republican being back in office. When you're rich, you want a Republican in office." And If I had the kind of money Woody Johnson has I'd feel the same way.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.
0

#16 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,763
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 02 October 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Really I totally agree with what Woody said. Look at the question he was asked. He was asked whether he would want the Jets to win the Super Bowl in 2012 (February of 2013 really) or for Romney to win the election. If I were him I'd say the same thing he said. I mean the Super Bowl happens every year while a presidential election is every four years. The Jets could always win the Super Bowl in 2013 or 2014 or 2015. But there won't be an election for president next year. Personally I would think if Woody had his choice of the Jets winning the SB this season or next season, he'd choose next season since that one will be played in MetLife Stadium. I like Woody I look at other owners like Bill Bidwill (Cardinals owner) or Donald Sterling (LA Clippers owner) and thank God they don't own the Jets. They really hate spending money to get and keep good players. I also like that he's not like Jerry Jones who thinks just because he was great at making a fortune in the oil industry that also must mean he's great at being a GM for a NFL franchise too. I like that Woody let's somebody who knows more about football than he does have the GM title and make those decisions. But I also like that he's not Jim Irsay constantly tweeting shit or like Dan Snyder just willing to spend and spend all the time. So personally I like Woody as the owner because I look at some of these other owners and just shake my head. Woody reminds me a lot of Jerry Buss (except Buss wasn't an heir to a family fortune).

Great post

Quote

But I think Jenna Jameson said it best when she was asked why she endorsed Romney for president. She said "I'm very looking forward to a Republican being back in office. When you're rich, you want a Republican in office." And If I had the kind of money Woody Johnson has I'd feel the same way.

She also said
"I look forward to another Democrat being in office," Jameson told PR.com , noting that Republicans "put their crosshairs on the adult industry"

She is also a Democrat.

One of the few areas I agree with Obama is the tax code needs to be revamped. He talks alot about it but nothing is ever done. My biggest beef with Obama is not that I disagree with his policies (although I do)as much as he can't get things done.
Posted Image
0

#17 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,142
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 October 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

Great post

She also said
"I look forward to another Democrat being in office," Jameson told PR.com , noting that Republicans "put their crosshairs on the adult industry"

She is also a Democrat.


She shouldn't worry about that because it's not just us hedonist, liberal bastards making porn a billion dollar industry. Just ask Clarence Thomas. These guys love to talk about "family values" but they're still men too. They have some porn stashed away somewhere in the house or in a computer file deep into the computer. I'd be willing to bet a good number of these "Christian family values" men who have porn in their crosshairs are getting down themselves whenever the Stepford wife is away.


Quote

One of the few areas I agree with Obama is the tax code needs to be revamped. He talks alot about it but nothing is ever done. My biggest beef with Obama is not that I disagree with his policies (although I do)as much as he can't get things done.


Can't do much with a congress who won't work with you. He's the president not the emperor. I mean if at your job one of your co-workers said to everybody that it was their number one priority to get you fired, do you think that person would work with you in good faith on a major project? That's basically what Mitch McConnell said. If somebody wants Obama to get things done, send him some congressmen and senators who are willing to work with him. Not people who say no to everything even things they've supported in the past. Not people who misuse the filibuster in order to stall bills in the senate and keep them from ever getting to Obama's desk. Now the president is partly to blame too, but I've already said why that is.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.
0

#18 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,520
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Romney & Obama both are going to have their faults, BUT Nobama has already fucked this country up enough. Woody is right to put the presidential election ahead of a single winning season.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#19 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,142
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 04 October 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

Romney & Obama both are going to have their faults, BUT Nobama has already fucked this country up enough. Woody is right to put the presidential election ahead of a single winning season.


:rolleyes: Go kill some brown people.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users