NYJetsFan.com Forums: Is It Tebow Time?? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 AM) Pineda solid pro
santana Icon : (Today, 07:19 AM) Pineda went Boston strong on Boston
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:57 AM) He has, except he is stupid for putting the shit on his neck. He has to hide that better.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) @Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) now that would be a fairly big move
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:46 AM) If they trade Suh to get Watkins, I would laugh. That doesn't really make their team better, they already have a high yardage passing attack
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:47 AM) They have the best WR in football and they signed Tate who will be a excellent #2 to Johnson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:53 AM) too many smokes screens. f*** the extra 2 weeks of this shit, the draft should be tonight!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Is It Tebow Time??

#1 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

Realistically, Mark most likely will have his 4th straight game throwing under 50% completions. His last 3 games Mark has completed 37%, 47%, and 45%. Tim Tebow can do that as well. The difference is that Tebow will bring more positive energy and is a bigger leader than Sanchez and also Tebow can run, rushing for over 600 yards last season. He might able to help with big plays down the field, teams have to commit to stopping a option type QB and it changes coverages. You can't do certain defenses vs a QB that can run, or else he will kill you on the ground.

If Mark once again completes only about 40% of his passes vs the Texans, it might be time to start thinking about making a change. Try to spark the team. Of course if Tebow was the QB, the entire offense has to be changed, he can't play under center. Can Sparano develop a spread option offense like the Broncos did last season? We already have his packages, might just have to go more in to them.

But this team has looked lifeless, it might be time to see if Tebow can light a fire into guys and see where it takes us. Its looking like Mark isn't our long term guy, yeah the talent on this team sucks but still. I did not anticipate this bad of a start, uusually Mark has been great in September, its been his best month. I don't think Tebow is our long term answer either, but maybe he will bring some excitement and energy to a life less team and season.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Its coming, after the jets get spanked by the texans of course.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#3 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

NO. I really wish people would stop with, especially jets fans. Did we not learn our lesseon from when the morons cheered when pennington got hurt and they begged for clemmens? Its only been 4 games. We have run stop issues, multiple injuries... revis,hill,holmes and keller. Stop rushing to an emotional judgement and call for marks head. Was it his fault the punt got blocked? NO. How about the receiver catch a damn ball? Has mark played great? No but the receivers havent helped him and coaching/play calling has been terrible. Funny how week 1 nobody was complaining aand lastly... be careful what you wish for. Both of them arent the answer, we need a legit franchise QB. not a gadget player

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

There's a time and place for everything and the time for Tebow Time is never.

#5 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

View Post518-JeTS-FaN, on 01 October 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

NO. I really wish people would stop with, especially jets fans. Did we not learn our lesseon from when the morons cheered when pennington got hurt and they begged for clemmens? Its only been 4 games. We have run stop issues, multiple injuries... revis,hill,holmes and keller. Stop rushing to an emotional judgement and call for marks head. Was it his fault the punt got blocked? NO. How about the receiver catch a damn ball? Has mark played great? No but the receivers havent helped him and coaching/play calling has been terrible. Funny how week 1 nobody was complaining aand lastly... be careful what you wish for. Both of them arent the answer, we need a legit franchise QB. not a gadget player

Haha, I don't think tebow will make this team any better. I think, if its even possible, that if he is the starter, the offense will get worse. But as the saying goes, the most popular player on a football team with offensive struggles is the back up QB.

And calling for marks head has been long over due. How he has survived this long, in this market is beyond me. Well actually it isn't. The flukey back to back AFC championships kept the rioters at bay. with a defensive unit that can no longer carry the offense, sanchez will be exposed. A top 5 picked qb should be able to carry an offense. Sanchez cannot. He doesn't make the players around him better. He needs elite talent around him to pass as an average QB. Our D is getting lit up now, we are going to have a hard time even keeping games close. No more shotty to blame for offensive struggles, Its time for the real problem to come to the front. If sanchez wants to salvage his career, he may only have a game or two to do it.

17 POINTS!

#6 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

i just dont get the tebow time crap. lets replace an inaccurate qb with an even more inaccurate qb who likes to run but is on a team that cant run..... thats Genius!!!

#7 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

View Post518-JeTS-FaN, on 01 October 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

i just dont get the tebow time crap. lets replace an inaccurate qb with an even more inaccurate qb who likes to run but is on a team that cant run..... thats Genius!!!

Because "tebow time", isn't about the passing game. Its about the pure rushing offense that tebow brought to the broncos last year with the occasional surprise pass.

17 POINTS!

#8 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

yea but we cant run the ball and aside from 2 good runs tebow hasnt done much when he has been in. idk i just dont see it. we have issues. like ray lucas said if tebow is the answer then what's the question?

#9 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

View Postextmenace, on 01 October 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

Because "tebow time", isn't about the passing game. Its about the pure rushing offense that tebow brought to the broncos last year with the occasional surprise pass.

Of course, you mean the pure rushing offense the coaching staff brought to the Broncos last year because their QB couldn't throw? Cause as soon as they got a QB that could throw they got the hell away from intentionally running a one dimensional offense.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Houston will kill us. Tebow isn't gonna change that
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 01 October 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

Of course, you mean the pure rushing offense the coaching staff brought to the Broncos last year because their QB couldn't throw? Cause as soon as they got a QB that could throw they got the hell away from intentionally running a one dimensional offense.

I'm not defending "tebow time," just answering the question of why anyone would want to replace an inaccurate QB with an even more inaccurate QB.

17 POINTS!

#12 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

People are complaining that in the last 3 games Sanchez has completed 44% or whatever the hell its been of his passes. If you put Teblow back there, he'll complete 3 or 4%. Teblow is NOT the answer. If he is, then the question is obviously how badly do we want Geno Smith to be our #1 draft pick?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#13 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 01 October 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

There's a time and place for everything and the time for Tebow Time is never.

SAY IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   cojetsfan Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

We are going to lose to the Texans either way. I don't think Tebow starts this week. We can lose one more game before the organization should panic. We are still 2-0 in the division. I think they will see how Mark does the next 2 weeks. If he has two more dismal performances then his confidence will probably be shot (if it is not already). And for all those that say Sanchez is the better answer..I am not buying it. Tebow's QB rating was higher last year than Sanchez which is scary. Is Tebow the answer? absolutely not. However, change the playbook to plays that Tebow can run successfully and I am betting Tebow will make his NY Jets debut against the Patriots.

#15 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

View PostarizonaJETSfan, on 01 October 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

SAY IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#16 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

Hell......at this point, I WANT us to start Teblow against the Texans just so he can get DESTROYED so all of you Teblow fans will finally shut the f#ck up about how he is the answer and how he would do better than Sanchez. And when we get destroyed by 81-0 because he throws 5 - 6 INT's, then will you finally admit that the only thing he can hit is either the opposition or the ground?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#17 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

I am not a Tebow fan, I'm a Jets fan. I have stated before that I don't believe that Tebow is a franchise QB. I'm just saying, with where we are right now I think its getting to be time. Sanchez is only completing 40% of his passes every week. Holmes is probably out for season. Sanchez has his head down too much and is not playing well. It might be time to see Tebow and try the spread option attack. Tebow could spark this team with his energy and leadership. This season to me is over anyways, I just don't see much talent on this team. Tebow would bring a bigger play maker at QB than Sanchez right now because he can run with his feet and it will open up more shots downfield.
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Even with Sanchez' struggles, Tebow is not the better quarterback. But he might turn out to be the player who gives us the best shot of eking out some more wins given the players we're missing on offense.
One thing he is not is the long term solution at QB. Playing Tebow might quieten the media by giving them what they've been craving - a QB change, and he might provide one or two wins to lift the mood. But he won't change the fact the Jets QB situation is similar to the predicament we were in early in training camp in 2008 before Favre's arrival. There's the player the fans are increasingly sick and tired of (for Pennington read Sanchez), the mediocre backup (for Clemens see Tebow) and the untested third stringer who some want to see given playing time (for Brett Ratliff see McElroy).

#19 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Tebow is not going to fix this. He's a liability. What worked in Denver is not going to work in NY. McElroy is a better choice than Tebow. But Tebow is who the jets brought to still the thunder from the Giants. He will flop when he comes in. They figured tebow out late last season. Look for the same treatment this year. Box him in and its a wrap for tebow. And its a wrap for us as far as the season goes. A new HC and GM is what's needed next year minus some dead weight players on this team.

#20 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users