NYJetsFan.com Forums: Presidential Debate - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 10:22 PM) Titans may pull this one out!
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:17 PM) Or not
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:18 PM) Mettle burger a 6th rounder played better than Geno or Sanchez
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) all these players that got cut today cause they bitched about touches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:35 PM) Ben Tate, LaGarret Blount and Jason Avant
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 01:37 PM) aldaon smith did too, but he didn't get cut
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) ALDAON SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) TEH MILBER
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) Fuck you lol ;)
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) and it was brooks anyway ;)
santana Icon : (19 November 2014 - 11:36 PM) Titties
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:46 AM) Raul is bringing nothing to the table
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:47 AM) TEH TABLE
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 12:59 PM) he really doesnt
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 12:59 PM) besides funding the site
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:00 PM) Looks like the game will be moved to Monday night in either Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Washington DC.
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:55 PM) that makes it sound like I AM THE TABLE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 November 2014 - 03:36 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:28 PM) lets go chaaaaaaaales
azjetfan Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:37 PM) We want raiders to win
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:59 PM) Michael Irvin pre-game, "Jamaal Charles makes defenders look like Ray Charles"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:00 PM) JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit as per Fox Sports Mike Garafalo
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) word
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) i wonder how much tickets could be
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) murray bringing it to the table for 05
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) well bringing it to his bench
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:22 PM) Unreal. My fantasy luck is awesome
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:25 PM) GIOVANI OCHO SANTOS
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:56 PM) RAUL IS TEH TABLE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Presidential Debate

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

What are your thoughts Mr. Jet? Personally I think Obama has something up his sleeve. He was playing a prevent defense with his 10 point lead last night. I am thinking he has a bomb to drop on the Romney team in the last debate. I was not able to watch last night. My kid had basketball practice, although I did watch 1/2 hout of both MSNBC and FOX. Just so I could get both bias opinions.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

I was going to watch but Jay-Z tickets fell into my lap last second...what was all that shit about Big Bird about?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

romney said he loved big bird or something along those lines
but would still cut govt funding to PBS

romney doesnt want to fund crap the us govt can't afford or has to loan out to china to be able to fund
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#4 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 04 October 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

I was going to watch but Jay-Z tickets fell into my lap last second...what was all that shit about Big Bird about?

How is the Barclay Center?

#5 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostChaos, on 04 October 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

How is the Barclay Center?

I thought the arena would have been a little bit bigger (likely because a portion of the seats were cut off due to the stage setup), but it is a really, really nice place
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

Well I'd would've rather have watched your son's basketball game or gone to the concert with Harlem. Neither one of them really said anything new and I doubt a person who doesn't follow politics closely could've really followed that debate. Romney did what he had to do. He's had a bad past 6 weeks so I look at last night as if he was down by 14 points going into the 4th quarter and last night he scored a TD early in the fourth, so he's still down but it's a one score game now.

What upset me was it was supposed to be a debate on domestic policy and there were many domestic issues that weren't talked about at all. They didn't say anything about immigration. I mean we talked about immigration more here on this board than they did last night. I would like to have had Romney have to explain just how his "self deportation" plan would work. They didn't talk about abortion and contraception at all. So Romney didn't have to explain to millions of women voters why he would get rid of Planned Parenthood like he said he would. They barely talked about the trade deficit with China last night. They didn't talk about the voter I.D. law issue at all. They didn't talk about gun control or lack there of. The role of religion in government wasn't brought up. They didn't talk about gay marriage at all. They didn't talk about the auto bailout at all (Obama should have brought it up anyway). So IMO Romney got off easy when it comes to issues like immigration, gay marriage, "let Detroit go bankrupt" and birth control. He had a good night and he needed to. Obama just looked like he was like you and others have said that he was playing prevent defense. Not say or do anything that could be considered a gaffe or taken out of context to be used against him later in a campaign ad. So if that was his goal he did a damn good job that.

But if Obama had a card up his sleeve it would've made more sense to play it last night than wait until a later debate. He could've delivered a knock out blow to Romney last night because if Romney lost last night, it would've been damaging to his campaign and his already lackluster support from conservatives would have became even more lackluster. If there is to be any bomb to drop on Romney in the last debate it's the fact that Obama can say he in 2008 said he'd get Osama bin Laden even if he were hiding in Pakistan and Romney said he wouldn't authorize that. And now bin Laden is dead by going into Pakistan and getting him, and Obama gave that authorization. But that's no secret. But these debates aren't really all that important to an incumbent president. Reagan looked old and confused and lost the first debate to Mondale. But he still won. Bush lost all his debates to Kerry and he still managed to win. It's those swift boat ads cable news basically ran for free that did Kerry in. The TV ads are what people see more of and sadly get most of there information from.

Basically if you supported Romney yesterday, you still support him today and the same with President Obama. Republicans may be more enthused to vote now, but they were still going to vote for Romney anyway. It's not like an enthusiastic vote counts twice as much as a regular vote. The town hall debate should be more interesting because the questions should be more diverse. But Romney talking about cutting funding to PBS was just ridiculous. That wouldn't even put a dent in paying down the national deficit or paying for the tax cuts he's been proposing all year up until last night. Republicans like Romney just don't like shows like Frontline, POV, and Ken Burns' documentaries. PBS isn't corporately owned like other news outlets, so it's harder to control it's content.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#7 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 04 October 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

I thought the arena would have been a little bit bigger (likely because a portion of the seats were cut off due to the stage setup), but it is a really, really nice place

I'm looking forward to seeing the Nets first game there (especially their first game versus the Knicks there). Of course I'll only get to see the arena on TV.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

I think Romney pulled up his big boy pants last night and stopped trying to be something he is not. I agree Obama left alot on the table but there are two more to come for him to unload. I think he will go out with a bang in the third. When Romney said he would not borrow from China to support programs that were not worth it and when he went into the whole 5 sons bit and he would not raise taxes on the middle class, I thought he showed something. The next couple will be interesting.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 04 October 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

I think Romney pulled up his big boy pants last night and stopped trying to be something he is not. I agree Obama left alot on the table but there are two more to come for him to unload. I think he will go out with a bang in the third. When Romney said he would not borrow from China to support programs that were not worth it and when he went into the whole 5 sons bit and he would not raise taxes on the middle class, I thought he showed something. The next couple will be interesting.

It's going to be hard for him to unload on Romney in the 2nd debate because the audience is going to be right there up close and connecting with them will be important. But if one of the audience members brings up a issue that was not brought up last night like deporting illegal immigrants and Planned Parenthood funding, Romney's going to have a problem acting like the moderate he acted like last night and still keep the hard core conservative enthused.

See Romney said he would not borrow from China to support programs that are not worth it...what programs are not worth it? He's been vague on that. Cutting PBS funding won't be enough. So does that mean cutting or eliminating the earned income tax credit? The employer provided health care deduction? The charitable contribution deduction? The home mortgage interest deduction? How does he get those things through a Democratic controlled senate? That's what he won't tell us. It would be nice to know before election day. Plus he wants to increase defense spending too? So he wants to keep the Bush tax cuts which mostly benefit the rich (and are still adding to the deficit BTW so he's going to have to figure out how to pay for them finally), then cut taxes for the middle class by 20% (but other than cutting PBS we don't know how he will pay for that), then wants to increase defense spending (yet we don't know how he pays for that), and he's going to do all that and balance the budget. Wow. AND he's going to stop Iran from getting a nuclear weapon too even if that means taking military action. What does military action mean going to war with Iran? He won't say. He has people like John Bolton, Dan Senor, Michael Chertoff among others as his foreign policy advisers all of who were key figures in the Bush administration during the Iraq war. These folks will likely return to the White House if Romney wins. I got to be honest the idea of John Bolton possibly being Secretary of State or having any position of power in a Romney White House scares the shit out of me. But the thing is what Romney was wrong on and Obama should have pointed out is we're not borrowing money from China to pay for PBS. We borrowed money from China to pay for two tax cuts to the rich and two wars one of which (Iraq) was totally unnecessary. THAT's why we borrowed money from China. Because Bill Gates absolutely needed two tax cuts and we just had to invade Iraq and do nation building there when we already had a war going on in Afghanistan. That's not even mentioning how much borrowed money from China funded for Medicare part D.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 05 October 2012 - 12:39 AM, said:

It's going to be hard for him to unload on Romney in the 2nd debate because the audience is going to be right there up close and connecting with them will be important. But if one of the audience members brings up a issue that was not brought up last night like deporting illegal immigrants and Planned Parenthood funding, Romney's going to have a problem acting like the moderate he acted like last night and still keep the hard core conservative enthused.

The hard core will vote for him either way. They don't like Obama. The trick is to get them out to vote. If they are hard core they will do this on there own IMO.

See Romney said he would not borrow from China to support programs that are not worth it...what programs are not worth it? He's been vague on that. Cutting PBS funding won't be enough. So does that mean cutting or eliminating the earned income tax credit? The employer provided health care deduction? The charitable contribution deduction? The home mortgage interest deduction? How does he get those things through a Democratic controlled senate? That's what he won't tell us. It would be nice to know before election day. Plus he wants to increase defense spending too? So he wants to keep the Bush tax cuts which mostly benefit the rich (and are still adding to the deficit BTW so he's going to have to figure out how to pay for them finally), then cut taxes for the middle class by 20% (but other than cutting PBS we don't know how he will pay for that), then wants to increase defense spending (yet we don't know how he pays for that), and he's going to do all that and balance the budget. Wow. AND he's going to stop Iran from getting a nuclear weapon too even if that means taking military action. What does military action mean going to war with Iran? He won't say. He has people like John Bolton, Dan Senor, Michael Chertoff among others as his foreign policy advisers all of who were key figures in the Bush administration during the Iraq war. These folks will likely return to the White House if Romney wins. I got to be honest the idea of John Bolton possibly being Secretary of State or having any position of power in a Romney White House scares the shit out of me. But the thing is what Romney was wrong on and Obama should have pointed out is we're not borrowing money from China to pay for PBS. We borrowed money from China to pay for two tax cuts to the rich and two wars one of which (Iraq) was totally unnecessary. THAT's why we borrowed money from China. Because Bill Gates absolutely needed two tax cuts and we just had to invade Iraq and do nation building there when we already had a war going on in Afghanistan. That's not even mentioning how much borrowed money from China funded for Medicare part D.

He has been vague on alot of issues. It seems historicly that is what the nominee does. It works in their favor. He is not targeting you or me. We already know who we are voting for. He is targeting the undecided and those who have not formed an opinion. I believe that is why Obama won in such a land slide 4 years ago. He said he was going to do A,B, and C but never showed specifics. People voted for him because of his personality and he hit all the hot topics in a declining economy. People felt they related to him he was one of them. Mitt will avoid specifics. To be honest even if he had a perfect plan the media would destroy it just like Fox would do to Obama. There is no benefit in releasing details.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 05 October 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

The hard core will vote for him either way. They don't like Obama. The trick is to get them out to vote. If they are hard core they will do this on there own IMO.

True. But back in 2004 I thought people were so angry with Bush over Iraq and how we were led into that mess and things like the Enron mess and not getting bin Laden like he said he would. I remember Republicans I would meet tell me how they thought Bush had gone too far and they had voted for him in 2000 but where voting for Kerry in 2004. I just KNEW we had so much support on our side to elect Kerry to get Bush out of there. We thought he should've never been there in the first place since Gore won the popular vote in 2000. So if Bush couldn't get the majority of Americans to vote for him in 2000, after Iraq and 9/11 there was no way he'd win again. But he did despite all the anger from the Democratic side and despite Kerry getting more votes than Gore or Clinton did. Still wasn't enough to get rid of Bush. I see the same thing with Romney's supporters this time. It's not enough to vote against somebody you have to vote FOR somebody. For an idea, for a vision of the future. That's what these undecideds say they're looking for. If Obama is as bad as his critics say he is, Romney should already be leading comfortably right now. This time last year Herman Cain was leading in the polls and before him it was Rick Perry and before that Michelle Bachmann. Just like in 2003 when Howard Dean was leading Kerry and before him Wes Clark for a while. Hell I jumped from wanting Gore to run again to Gephardt to Edwards to finally Kerry. Anybody but Bush for 4 more years. But contempt for Bush wasn't enough to win in 2004 and I think contempt for Obama won't be enough for Romney to win in 2012.

He has been vague on alot of issues. It seems historicly that is what the nominee does. It works in their favor. He is not targeting you or me. We already know who we are voting for. He is targeting the undecided and those who have not formed an opinion. I believe that is why Obama won in such a land slide 4 years ago. He said he was going to do A,B, and C but never showed specifics. People voted for him because of his personality and he hit all the hot topics in a declining economy. People felt they related to him he was one of them. Mitt will avoid specifics. To be honest even if he had a perfect plan the media would destroy it just like Fox would do to Obama. There is no benefit in releasing details.

Personally I don't know how somebody could be undecided in this day and age. We have all the information we want at our fingertips. There is no excuse for not knowing the issues for any American. Pick up (or click on) some newspaperS and read them. Cable news is alright but you don't get the kind of detailed info there that you get in the newspapers. I'm not going to lie I don't like people who are undecided this late in the game. I think they just want to be coddled to. If I were both Obama and Romney I would just focus on getting my base out to vote. Because these undecideds will likely end up splitting down the middle in the end.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#12 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 05 October 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

True. But back in 2004 I thought people were so angry with Bush over Iraq and how we were led into that mess and things like the Enron mess and not getting bin Laden like he said he would. I remember Republicans I would meet tell me how they thought Bush had gone too far and they had voted for him in 2000 but where voting for Kerry in 2004. I just KNEW we had so much support on our side to elect Kerry to get Bush out of there. We thought he should've never been there in the first place since Gore won the popular vote in 2000. So if Bush couldn't get the majority of Americans to vote for him in 2000, after Iraq and 9/11 there was no way he'd win again. But he did despite all the anger from the Democratic side and despite Kerry getting more votes than Gore or Clinton did. Still wasn't enough to get rid of Bush. I see the same thing with Romney's supporters this time. It's not enough to vote against somebody you have to vote FOR somebody. For an idea, for a vision of the future. That's what these undecideds say they're looking for. If Obama is as bad as his critics say he is, Romney should already be leading comfortably right now. This time last year Herman Cain was leading in the polls and before him it was Rick Perry and before that Michelle Bachmann. Just like in 2003 when Howard Dean was leading Kerry and before him Wes Clark for a while. Hell I jumped from wanting Gore to run again to Gephardt to Edwards to finally Kerry. Anybody but Bush for 4 more years. But contempt for Bush wasn't enough to win in 2004 and I think contempt for Obama won't be enough for Romney to win in 2012.
I think this goes back to Republicans will vote Red and Democrates will vote blue. Conservatives typicly vote red and Liberals typicly blue. It is the people in the middle who are the targets for these guys. I agree Obama has the edge at this point and it is his game to loose. They do need to keep their side energized but this election seems more energized than the last to me.

Personally I don't know how somebody could be undecided in this day and age. We have all the information we want at our fingertips. There is no excuse for not knowing the issues for any American. Pick up (or click on) some newspaperS and read them. Cable news is alright but you don't get the kind of detailed info there that you get in the newspapers. I'm not going to lie I don't like people who are undecided this late in the game. I think they just want to be coddled to. If I were both Obama and Romney I would just focus on getting my base out to vote. Because these undecideds will likely end up splitting down the middle in the end.

Some people do not follow it at all. Some do not trust the media and some think all politics are dirty. Some people think there vote does not count and some are just lazy. I feel like I am writing a Kenny Rogers song here. No matter what the excuse is it is just an excuse. People need to educate themselves and do there part. I give everyone in my region paid time off to go vote if they want it. I feel it is important. (No I do not sway them)
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 05 October 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

I think this goes back to Republicans will vote Red and Democrates will vote blue. Conservatives typicly vote red and Liberals typicly blue. It is the people in the middle who are the targets for these guys. I agree Obama has the edge at this point and it is his game to loose. They do need to keep their side energized but this election seems more energized than the last to me.

Yep, it's going to come down to the get out the vote effort now. I'll be interested to see just how much of the Latino vote goes to the polls in states like Nevada and Colorado.

Some people do not follow it at all. Some do not trust the media and some think all politics are dirty. Some people think there vote does not count and some are just lazy. I feel like I am writing a Kenny Rogers song here. No matter what the excuse is it is just an excuse. People need to educate themselves and do there part. I give everyone in my region paid time off to go vote if they want it. I feel it is important. (No I do not sway them)

I think they should make election day a national holiday. If we can close services and places for a day to honor a genocidal maniac like Christopher Columbus, we could do it for election day every two years. It's the 21st century yet we're still using mid 20th century voting technology in some districts. We should have the same electronic voting machines (with a paper trail) in every precinct in the country. And we should have early voting in all 50 states. There is no excuse for not voting when you think about people in countries like North Korea and Syria and Zimbabwe. They have no rights and they truly have no freedom in those countries. It's just sad. But we're lucky if we can get 60% of eligible voters to show up to the polls every four years. Some people just don't deserve to be Americans IMO.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#14 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 05 October 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

Yep, it's going to come down to the get out the vote effort now. I'll be interested to see just how much of the Latino vote goes to the polls in states like Nevada and Colorado.

I saw this poll On Gallup. http://www.gallup.co...l/politics.aspx According to this poll the Hispanics and elderly are still growing in support for Obama. How many will show up will be another story.
National Adults48% -1
Ages 18 to 29 58 % -3
Ages 30 to 49 48% -
Ages 50 to 64 45% -1
Ages 65+ 42% +1
White39%-
Nonwhite 74% -1
Black 86% -2
Hispanic 65% +3
Democrat 88% -1
Independent 46% +1 Republican 8% -
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

Mitt used my school as leverage during the debate just now :flame: :rtfm:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

They should held this one in a boxing ring. I noticed they had a REALLY brief handshake at the end. LOL
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#17 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

I was at a business expo all night and missed it. I normaly don't watch anyway but I like watching the talking heads try to unscramble it. Maybe I will get a chance to see the recap tonight. From what I am hearing Obama slightly made more points and "won" the debate. The Gallup polls this morning are interesting. I like how they added the likely voters to the mix. Now all they need is to break down the states so we can get a better feeling.
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Well I was happy somebody finally asked Mitt Romney the question I've been waiting 2 years for somebody to ask him. "How do you differ from George W. Bush?" He spent half of the 2 minutes answering a question previously asked that had nothing to do with the current question, then didn't really answer it other than saying he and Bush were too different people. They might be two different people but what he says sounds a lot like what Bush said during his 8 years.

Romney's economic plan reminds me of that episode of the Oprah show when she gave everybody in her audience a car. He's going to give everybody a new 20% tax cut AND keep the Bush tax cuts AND get rid of the estate tax AND not raise capital gains taxes AND he's going to cut business taxes AND he's going to increase defense spending by two trillion dollars AND on top of all this decreased revenue and increased spending, he's going to balance the budget. He's going to do all this by cutting the funding to PBS and Planned Parenthood (which both total less than 1% of the overall budget). :nea: He might as well find a cure for the common cold while he's at it. And he's going to do all this with what looks like will be a U.S. senate that will have a majority of Democrats. Good luck with all that Mr. Romney.

Here is a documentary about Bill Clinton and this part gives great detail into what happened during Clinton's first term. The first 10 minutes talk about the 1993 budget that not one Republican voted for and then at the 44:07 mark in the video they talk about the 1995 government shutdown over the budget and the battle he had with Newt Gingrich. The parallels between Clinton's first term and Obama's are amazing. Except Obama got his health care bill passed and thankfully we avoided a gov't shutdown in 2011 which kept Obama from blowing his load on his intern's blue dress.......at least I hope it did.

New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users