NYJetsFan.com Forums: Is There A Team In The League Worse Then The Jets - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:49 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 AM) any news on Amaro? havent seen anything on twitter.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:56 PM) only 39 days 20 hours and 3 min to go till the JETS kick off the season on Sept 7th at 1pm against the Oakland Raiders
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Amaro practiced today in full pads
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:21 PM) 42 Days 39 min till Sons Of Anarchy FINAL SEASON starts
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:42 PM) Amaro has a lingering sore tendon
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) I've read that hes been up and down so far
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) Dexter McDougle has been looking really good
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) Oday Aboushi might end up starting on the OL, hes been doing good at LG
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:41 PM) VICK=$$$$$$
santana Icon : (Today, 09:24 AM) Everyone knows that Vick = $$
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:03 PM) I do it all
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:03 PM) North to south east to the west
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Is There A Team In The League Worse Then The Jets

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,138
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Because I can't think of one. They have nothing. No fantasy stars, run defense is last in the league, likely one of the worst offenses in the league. Is there any team worse?
0

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,985
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

I don't think so, we are pretty much at the bottom.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,229
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Who here would rather be a Chiefs fan? Or better yet be a Rams fan and have Schotty as your OC with a young QB and have Wayne Hunter blocking on your OL? No I'm straight, I'll stick with the Jets.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#4 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,138
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

Tough question Mr.Jet
0

#5 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,229
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 04 October 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

Tough question Mr.Jet


Honestly I do feel sorry for Chiefs fans. I mean their one and only Super Bowl win and appearance was Super Bowl IV, so they've been waiting just about as long as we have. But minus a few good seasons in the 90s they've been pretty bad the past 15 years. I mean we've gone to the playoffs 6 of the last 11 seasons. But the Chiefs I think they only went that one year Priest Holmes had that awesome season. Then we already know what Rams fans are in for. And just the other day the L.A. city council voted 12-0 to basically allow AEG to build a new football stadium in downtown Los Angeles. So there is going to be more talk about them moving back to L.A. now. That's something Jets fans don't have to worry about. So Rams fans could be losing their team here shortly. And I won't even get started with Cleveland and Detroit. So it could be worse.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#6 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Rams don't have fans. That city doesn't care about the team like more established ones. If the Rams left, people in St. Louis would be upset, but they'd move on. Baseball town.

KC fans are loyal no matter what. KC fans are very optimistic and resilient to their team's performance.

Jets fans get sucked into too much hype, bought from the aqusition of star players and newspaper-bought hype.

To answer the question? I think, barring a big bounceback that I don't expect, the Jets became a bottom five team without Revis. Nothing else as affected us as much as that. Keller and Holmes weren't nearly the losses. Either one a good offensive scheme would have taken care of. Revis patched problems we don't have the coaches to fix.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#7 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,946
  • Joined: 10-March 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 04 October 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

Honestly I do feel sorry for Chiefs fans. I mean their one and only Super Bowl win and appearance was Super Bowl IV, so they've been waiting just about as long as we have. But minus a few good seasons in the 90s they've been pretty bad the past 15 years. I mean we've gone to the playoffs 6 of the last 11 seasons. But the Chiefs I think they only went that one year Priest Holmes had that awesome season. Then we already know what Rams fans are in for. And just the other day the L.A. city council voted 12-0 to basically allow AEG to build a new football stadium in downtown Los Angeles. So there is going to be more talk about them moving back to L.A. now. That's something Jets fans don't have to worry about. So Rams fans could be losing their team here shortly. And I won't even get started with Cleveland and Detroit. So it could be worse.


Well..the Chiefs did go to the playoffs in 2006 I believe. Larry Johnson had something over 400 carries, but they were bounced in the wild card by the Colts.
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,885
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Just this year? Or in general. Because I would say Rams, Browns, Bengals, Jacksonville, Carolina, KC, Oakland and Seattle over the long term are all worse than the Jets. But this year I would say we seem the most enept.
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,229
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 04 October 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Rams don't have fans. That city doesn't care about the team like more established ones. If the Rams left, people in St. Louis would be upset, but they'd move on. Baseball town.

KC fans are loyal no matter what. KC fans are very optimistic and resilient to their team's performance.

Jets fans get sucked into too much hype, bought from the aqusition of star players and newspaper-bought hype.

To answer the question? I think, barring a big bounceback that I don't expect, the Jets became a bottom five team without Revis. Nothing else as affected us as much as that. Keller and Holmes weren't nearly the losses. Either one a good offensive scheme would have taken care of. Revis patched problems we don't have the coaches to fix.


I really doubt Rams fans (especially the younger fans) would just be okay with the Rams moving back to L.A. and I'm sure the businesses (and their employees) located around the Edward Jones Dome would like it even less.

Chiefs fans have to be resilient because their team has been mediocre at best that last 15 years and haven't had the kind of success the Jets have had since the beginning of the Parcells era. Like I said we've been a little spoiled compared to some of the other franchises in the NFL. After Super Bowl III the Jets went to the playoffs just 6 times before Parcells became the head coach. That's six times in 28 seasons. Since Parcells it's been seven times in 15 seasons. I'd love to hear what older Jets fans (minus gmany) think of this year's team. Because I doubt Jets fans who remember the 70s and 80s Jets teams would be dumping on this team the way some of you do. I couldn't imagine being a Jets fan in the mid 1970s. Talk about having no hope for the team's future. God think about if there were internet message boards back then.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#10 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,138
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

Yea I'm talking just this year. I know about K.C, Browns, Cards and so on. However the Jets are in the discussion with worse franchises in NFL.
0

#11 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,229
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

Well the Jets are definitely one of the most snake bitten teams in NFL history. There is no questioning that.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#12 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 04 October 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

I really doubt Rams fans (especially the younger fans) would just be okay with the Rams moving back to L.A. and I'm sure the businesses (and their employees) located around the Edward Jones Dome would like it even less.

Chiefs fans have to be resilient because their team has been mediocre at best that last 15 years and haven't had the kind of success the Jets have had since the beginning of the Parcells era. Like I said we've been a little spoiled compared to some of the other franchises in the NFL. After Super Bowl III the Jets went to the playoffs just 6 times before Parcells became the head coach. That's six times in 28 seasons. Since Parcells it's been seven times in 15 seasons. I'd love to hear what older Jets fans (minus gmany) think of this year's team. Because I doubt Jets fans who remember the 70s and 80s Jets teams would be dumping on this team the way some of you do. I couldn't imagine being a Jets fan in the mid 1970s. Talk about having no hope for the team's future. God think about if there were internet message boards back then.


Duh the guy who built a bar next to the dome doesn't want it gone.

Missouri is a Cheifs state. Until you get to St. Louis you're lucky to find Ram merchandise in a shop or even gas station. Maybe a hat. St Louis residents are baseball fans first and second, probably third.

I don't care what older Jets fans thought in the 70s. I wasn't hopeless on this team four years ago, I am hopeful we can rebound, but I've never thought Ryan was going to get this team going and for the long run it was our misfortune that we had enough talent to make playoff runs. Now that he and a business manager GM have run the team into the ground, we got jack.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,985
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

The Rams and Chiefs have more talent than we do and a brighter future as of right now. Our team is about to clean house.
Posted Image
0

#14 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,229
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 04 October 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

Duh the guy who built a bar next to the dome doesn't want it gone.

Missouri is a Cheifs state. Until you get to St. Louis you're lucky to find Ram merchandise in a shop or even gas station. Maybe a hat. St Louis residents are baseball fans first and second, probably third.

I don't care what older Jets fans thought in the 70s. I wasn't hopeless on this team four years ago, I am hopeful we can rebound, but I've never thought Ryan was going to get this team going and for the long run it was our misfortune that we had enough talent to make playoff runs. Now that he and a business manager GM have run the team into the ground, we got jack.



So we fire Rex Ryan (and Mike Tannenbaum) tomorrow or at the end of the season, then what? We get a new head coach and GM. Then four years from now let's say we go to the playoff a couple of times between now and 2016 but still no Super Bowl. Time for another HC and GM? I mean four years ago our GM was Tannenbaum our HC was Mangini and our QB was Favre. Eight years ago our GM was Terry Bradway our HC was Herm Edwards and our QB was Pennington. Twelve years ago our GM was Parcells our HC was Al Groh and our QB was Testaverde. And yet through all of that instability the Jets managed to reach the playoffs half of the time since 2000. The Bills can't say that, the Dolphins can't say that, the Chiefs can't say that. Many other teams can't say that. We've been spoiled the last few years. What this team needs is some stability. But more importantly what this team's fans need to understand is WE'VE ONLY PLAYED 1/4TH OF THE SEASON SO FAR. I'm sorry but I'm not going to just throw in the towel a quarter of the way through the season. This team is 2-2 right now and 2-0 in the division. I'm not going act like well Revis and Holmes are gone now so it's time to just piss on this season, fire everybody and look at 2013.

No I'm not doing that right now. I've waited since last January for this 2012 season to start just like you all. Waiting and waiting and waiting and now because we're not 4-0 and playing lights out, I'm supposed to just give up on this season now? No. After eight months of waiting for football I'm not going to now just say, we suck nevermind. If Revis and Holmes go down for the season like they have, the rest of the team has to step up. Simple as that and if they do that's great and if they don't then we know what they're worth as players and coaches. But I'm going to let the games play out first before I just give up and call it a lost season. I personally want to see if guys like Wilson and these young WRs have it in them to step up and rise to the occasion. But they have to play these games first. Guys like Sanchez and Greene are on a shorter leash now and it's do or die. But I want to get through more than 1/4th of the season before I say it's time to get rid of them. Maybe I'd be alright with benching Sanchez if after a few more games he keeps playing like he did against the 49ers. But it's only been 4 games and it's all still too early to tell what this team is made up of.

I want to watch football, I've waited 8 months for this stuff.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#15 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 211
  • Joined: 24-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamilton, Ontario
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

View PostS-Dubb, on 04 October 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Because I can't think of one. They have nothing. No fantasy stars, run defense is last in the league, likely one of the worst offenses in the league. Is there any team worse?


Cleveland.
0

#16 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,138
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 04 October 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

The Rams and Chiefs have more talent than we do and a brighter future as of right now. Our team is about to clean house.


People wonder why I'm so hard on the this team and why I'm bitter and impatient. This team is part of my life. They play a big part IN my life. I've followed this team my entire life. I'm impatient (did I say that already?) yes!!! My tolerance is very little for this franchise. People have all this optimism, I call it blind faith. They have absolutely no clue what their gonna get. After what this franchise has been with Rex and the media and the tabloids. The rumors, the expectations, the open door policies, the over exposure, the wild signings and grabbing every major head line possible the Jets are in over their heads. This team sucks. It sucks bad..we can play the name game all we like. We can sit here and blame ourselves blue about Tanny. Bottom line is this team is on cusp of a gutting,internal and player wide. Which means REBUILD, which means more years of suckage and mediocrity and quite frankly. I'm nervous.
0

#17 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 04 October 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

So we fire Rex Ryan (and Mike Tannenbaum) tomorrow or at the end of the season, then what? We get a new head coach and GM. Then four years from now let's say we go to the playoff a couple of times between now and 2016 but still no Super Bowl. Time for another HC and GM? I mean four years ago our GM was Tannenbaum our HC was Mangini and our QB was Favre. Eight years ago our GM was Terry Bradway our HC was Herm Edwards and our QB was Pennington. Twelve years ago our GM was Parcells our HC was Al Groh and our QB was Testaverde. And yet through all of that instability the Jets managed to reach the playoffs half of the time since 2000. The Bills can't say that, the Dolphins can't say that, the Chiefs can't say that. Many other teams can't say that. We've been spoiled the last few years. What this team needs is some stability. But more importantly what this team's fans need to understand is WE'VE ONLY PLAYED 1/4TH OF THE SEASON SO FAR. I'm sorry but I'm not going to just throw in the towel a quarter of the way through the season. This team is 2-2 right now and 2-0 in the division. I'm not going act like well Revis and Holmes are gone now so it's time to just piss on this season, fire everybody and look at 2013.

No I'm not doing that right now. I've waited since last January for this 2012 season to start just like you all. Waiting and waiting and waiting and now because we're not 4-0 and playing lights out, I'm supposed to just give up on this season now? No. After eight months of waiting for football I'm not going to now just say, we suck nevermind. If Revis and Holmes go down for the season like they have, the rest of the team has to step up. Simple as that and if they do that's great and if they don't then we know what they're worth as players and coaches. But I'm going to let the games play out first before I just give up and call it a lost season. I personally want to see if guys like Wilson and these young WRs have it in them to step up and rise to the occasion. But they have to play these games first. Guys like Sanchez and Greene are on a shorter leash now and it's do or die. But I want to get through more than 1/4th of the season before I say it's time to get rid of them. Maybe I'd be alright with benching Sanchez if after a few more games he keeps playing like he did against the 49ers. But it's only been 4 games and it's all still too early to tell what this team is made up of.

I want to watch football, I've waited 8 months for this stuff.


Never liked Ryan, don't believe in him. This isn't a knee jerk reaction, it is the same way I've felt for four years. I would have been happy if we fired him day two.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#18 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,229
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 05 October 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Never liked Ryan, don't believe in him. This isn't a knee jerk reaction, it is the same way I've felt for four years. I would have been happy if we fired him day two.


And that's what it comes down to you never liked him in the first place. Doesn't matter what he did or didn't do, he was always the wrong person for the job. Just like Mangini and Edwards and probably the next guy after Rex Ryan.

Well you can go live in the world of misery. I'm just saying I'm going to wait for more than just four games before i start whining and saying it's time to fire everybody (as if that would do any good).
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#19 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 6,989
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 04 October 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

Who here would rather be a Chiefs fan? Or better yet be a Rams fan and have Schotty as your OC with a young QB and have Wayne Hunter blocking on your OL? No I'm straight, I'll stick with the Jets.


Rams are in much, much better shape.

4 young, budding superstars on D. A QB who could easily become a top 10 QB in the league and a very good HC.
0

#20 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,229
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 05 October 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

Rams are in much, much better shape.

4 young, budding superstars on D. A QB who could easily become a top 10 QB in the league and a very good HC.


We'll see how much better shape they will be in after a couple of years of Brian Schottenheimer. And there is no proof yet the Sam Bradford will be any better than Sanchez is right now.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users