NYJetsFan.com Forums: Sanchez Cant Throw Slant - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
santana Icon : (30 September 2014 - 01:28 PM) I miss T Bo already
ganggreen2003 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 02:35 PM) The raiders are a dumpster fire
ganggreen2003 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 02:36 PM) they are naming Tony Sparano yes that Tony Sparano formally the OC of the NYJ and the wildcat whacko from Miami is the new interim HC for the Oakland Gayders
ganggreen2003 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 02:39 PM) well good thing we got rid of LaRon Landry since he just got suspended for PED's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 03:08 PM) i'm not suprised. that guy looked like he was on roids
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 06:10 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:37 AM) fantasy help - Rivers and DJax for Dez and Tannehill? i'll be getting dez and tannehill. i'm the one proposing the trade.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 AM) i have brees starting. they have eli.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:53 PM) I would do that trade. Djax has been horrible and with you having Brees as your starter, i would totally do that trade
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 PM) START VICK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:59 PM) If that guy gives up dez for rivers and Jackson he's an idiot
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 09:00 PM) I just traded dez and Steve smith for AJ green, Reggie Wayne, golden Tate and Stevan Ridley and I feel like I made a bad choice.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:02 PM) they have no QB. 1-3 with eli/tannehill as your starter? i need another WR or RB to strengthen my team and Rivers is my best sell.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) kinda hoping to use the desperation to shore up my team
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Sanchez Cant Throw Slant

#1 User is offline   tpony Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

sanchez is inconsistent at throwing the slant to his receivers ,he throws the ball behind them instead of leeding the ball to receivers. maybe he needs glasses.

#2 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

Sanchez is inconsistent period.

Look people think Sanchez haters just hate for the fun of it. It's not Sanchez fault Cumberland couldn't catch it, it's not Sanchez fault Watt tipped it. However it is Sanchez fault for the other 40 to 50 other passing attempts in which he could do nothing with. People say to me "this loss isn't on Sanchez" or " oh wheres the defense" or "Shonn Greene can't carry this team". All of them are accurate statements. However when is the kid behind center going to hold it down and pick everyone else up. WHEN IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION IN GAME GOING TO PRODUCE!?!?!?!?! This is my whole beef with Sanchez.

AND! if people wanna say "Tanny failed Sanchez" then fine. That's fair because their correct. However if that's case, gut this damn team. No way can the Jets go into next season with Sanchez. No effin way. Enough is enough. The experiment is over. Whether it's Marks fault or Tannys fault is irrelevant. Both of them go down because of the lack of good management. So in ending. Lets eventually move on from Sanchez (after this year) and start from scratch.

#3 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

You know I've noticed that every time we try to blow up the team and start from scratch, we end up exceeding expectations and going to the playoffs.

2001: New GM in Terry Bradway and new HC in Herm Edwards, we win 10 games that season and go to the playoffs.
2006: New GM in Tannenbaum and new HC in Mangini, we win 10 games that season and go to the playoffs.
2009: New HC in Rex Ryan and we start a rookie QB in Sanchez, we win 9 games and not only go to the playoffs but come within 30 minutes of going to the Super Bowl that year.

We can't even start from scratch right.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#4 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 09 October 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

You know I've noticed that every time we try to blow up the team and start from scratch, we end up exceeding expectations and going to the playoffs.

2001: New GM in Terry Bradway and new HC in Herm Edwards, we win 10 games that season and go to the playoffs.
2006: New GM in Tannenbaum and new HC in Mangini, we win 10 games that season and go to the playoffs.
2009: New HC in Rex Ryan and we start a rookie QB in Sanchez, we win 9 games and not only go to the playoffs but come within 30 minutes of going to the Super Bowl that year.

We can't even start from scratch right.

Oh man... LMAO!

So damn true and why am I laughing? I should be crying.

The pain is real.

#5 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 09 October 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

Oh man... LMAO!

So damn true and why am I laughing? I should be crying.

The pain is real.

This will make you cry. Check this out. In 2001 we go 10-6 and go to the playoffs, the following draft in April 2002 we draft Bryan Thomas. Then in 2006 we go 10-6 and go to the playoffs, the following draft in April 2007 we draft Revis. Now after the 2009 season we drafted Kyle Wilson in 2010, so the jury is still out on that one.

But after taking a step back in 2002 from 10-6 in 01 to 9-7 in 02, we drafted Dewayne Robertson in 2003. Then after taking a big step back in 2007 going 4-12 that year from the 10-6 record we had the year before, we drafted Gholston in 2008. PLUS one of the picks we traded away to move up to get Robertson New England ended up getting it and drafted Ty Warren with that same pick. Talk about getting twice fucked over at the same time.

So in the years after that we do good when we're not expected to, we get great players later in the first round like Thomas and Revis. But in the following years after we take a step back we draft big busts like Robertson and Gholston.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#6 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

I think our players need to cheat and have secret full contact practices and Maybe other teams are . But Mark tried to make the other player better last night and that is the best he can do.
its going to be a long season for us.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#7 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 09 October 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

This will make you cry. Check this out. In 2001 we go 10-6 and go to the playoffs, the following draft in April 2002 we draft Bryan Thomas. Then in 2006 we go 10-6 and go to the playoffs, the following draft in April 2007 we draft Revis. Now after the 2009 season we drafted Kyle Wilson in 2010, so the jury is still out on that one.

But after taking a step back in 2002 from 10-6 in 01 to 9-7 in 02, we drafted Dewayne Robertson in 2003. Then after taking a big step back in 2007 going 4-12 that year from the 10-6 record we had the year before, we drafted Gholston in 2008. PLUS one of the picks we traded away to move up to get Robertson New England ended up getting it and drafted Ty Warren with that same pick. Talk about getting twice fucked over at the same time.

So in the years after that we do good when we're not expected to, we get great players later in the first round like Thomas and Revis. But in the following years after we take a step back we draft big busts like Robertson and Gholston.

Posted Image

Good stuff Mr.Jet. Good memory my man. There is definitely some sick twisted game the football Gods are playing on us.

Ya know at the end of the day. Rex wants what the 49ers have. The thing is we don't draft well. When you stick to your guns, spend money wisely you might not win during that time but look at the Texans and 49ers. Most of all of their nucleus is young draftees. Jets just want quick fixes and buying superbowls. They never work. This isn't baseball.

Thing is the Jets seriously need to find a QB at all costs.

I like the "draft a QB every year, eventually you'll find one" idea. This team is in such shambles and in such disarray it's disheartening.

#8 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

View PostS-Dubb, on 09 October 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

Posted Image
Thing is the Jets seriously need to find a QB at all costs.

I like the "draft a QB every year, eventually you'll find one" idea. This team is in such shambles and in such disarray it's disheartening.

I still say Mcelroy deserves a chance this year if the Jets end up having a shitty record. Some people have it in their mind that he sucks when they haven't even seen him play yet. Which is idiotic and totally stupid thinking because if that was the case undrafted players like Foster,and Romo would never be on the field,and a 6th rounder like Brady would never be starting. Add Tannehill to the list. All I know is in 2010 and 2012(injured 2011) he looked composed in the pocket in every preseason game he played and looked up to game speed with good accurate throws. Far better looking than in the preseason than any other qb that played in those preseason games.

Does that mean he has what it takes? Maybe and maybe not but we will never no if he is just inactive all the time with no practice time.

What is really sad is Mark gets a stud for 7 points on the board....wow.

People are so delusional they cant come to terms with 4 years straight bottom 5 qb accuracy rating,top 5 turnover qbs 4 years straight,and 4 years straight of bottom 3-5 total qbr passing ratings.

Stats dont tell everything but after 4 straight years they tell a tale a blind person can see. Sanchez doesn't have what it takes. Also hoe about the fact that Mark almost always has more turnovers than td`s if he even gets one against the teams with winning records. Its a pattern and the excuses are stupid. People need to realize you cant continually put blame elsewhere instead of realizing the main problem.

Are the receivers dropping balls?? Sure but how often is the ball thrown in a good spot for the receiver like between the numbers? How often does mark hit a receiver in stride? How often is the ball not thrown late. All of these are not very often. Good qb`s make the receivers look good and make it easier more often than not to catch the ball. With Mark he makes it more often than not harder for the receivers to catch the ball if he even throws a catch-able ball.

If anyone with any real knowledge looks at the games....Mark only puts up good numbers against bad teams. Ive stated before many times mark struggles to throw for even 200 yards in most games all four years now. I dont know of one other good or even average qb that consistently struggles to put up a measly 200 yards passing.

Mark is getting some of the best passing protection over all this year in the league so that compounds the question of his lack of passing yards per game. The yardage thing has been the same all four years so its nothing new. Mark only puts up great numbers(passing yards and tds) against the bad teams. Almost never against a good team.

Ok on to the JJ Watt thing......yeah he had a hell of a game but no one admits Mark is a damn moron. A good qb makes adjustments which Mark cant seem to do. If the best defender on the other team is causing you problems why the f*ck cant Mark pump the ball or throw away from that defender or step up in the pocket?

Its kind of like most qb`s know not to throw to Revis yet Mark threw constantly in JJ Watts direction.it was stupidity.Mark should have seen where Watt was before the ball was hiked and made not note of it. Mark is incapable of making adjustments. He is predictable. Most defenses know that mark rarely scans the field and goes with his first read 95% of the time whether it is a good decision or not.

Believe what you want about Mark but mark hasn't had one good statistical year yet. Most qb`s would have been benched or traded by now.I really hope he isn't starting next year.Hell some 1st picks in the draft haven't lasted this long starting but yet I get the feeling Mark is going to be starting another 3 or 4 years until management finally says its enough. Bad or good with another qb Mark is what he is now and is incapable of taking the step to become a good qb. Ive had enough.

He might look good against the Colts since they aren't a good team so I expect to hear the Shitchez faithful running their mouths saying crap like Mark is good etc...since Mark will probably have a game like he did against Buffalo since the Colts are subpar. Then against New England it will be back to Shitchez and probably only one passing td.

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 10 October 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

I still say Mcelroy deserves a chance this year if the Jets end up having a shitty record. Some people have it in their mind that he sucks when they haven't even seen him play yet. Which is idiotic and totally stupid thinking because if that was the case undrafted players like Foster,and Romo would never be on the field,and a 6th rounder like Brady would never be starting. Add Tannehill to the list. All I know is in 2010 and 2012(injured 2011) he looked composed in the pocket in every preseason game he played and looked up to game speed with good accurate throws. Far better looking than in the preseason than any other qb that played in those preseason games.

Does that mean he has what it takes? Maybe and maybe not but we will never no if he is just inactive all the time with no practice time.

Or maybe we have seen him play in college?? His preseason games have been against guys that aren't in the NFL and he had a 5.7 YPA and 6.0 YPA, so hes pretty much just dumping the ball off, he doesn't have the arm strength to do much of anything else.

And he will always be inactive, like I said in the shout box. 3rd string QBs are NEVER active, its pointless because there is a NFL emergency rule where the 3rd string QB doesn't need to be on the active list to play.

Its not about people making excuses for Sanchez, its about people recognizing that this entire team is a mess and its not just 1 player. Its not just Sanchez screwing this team up though, this team is awful all around. We don't even have a run game to take the pressure off of Mark. People put blame on Sanchez, but if they don't throw all the blame on him they get accused of making excuses for Mark, even though its easy to see how much of a mess this team is right now and getting a new QB isn't going to fix it.

Though I think we stand a better chance at winning with a unconventional spread option attack with Tebow at QB, we are better off long term sucking and cleaning house because this team is a mess. We need a top 5 draft pick because we need talent on this team.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

After the 1st season with Mark we said he doesn't have what it takes today . Rex has brought in big old vets on D to keep us stout up front than he brought in young potential players up front , he replaced the Boys in the secondary with hitters and sure tacklers and we can't stop anything. on offense they threw out shotty, they played musical chairs with WR's , they brought in HOf RB's New young talent . at which point did it go to shit ? all these changes you yourself asked for 0099 . the game is constantly changing it is chaotic . more players are getting injured they demand less practice time the quality of the game is declining for most .if we ever win a SB it will only last for a few months to glorify our team at best. Maybe Drew breeze will be looking for the bright lights soon.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#11 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 10 October 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

Or maybe we have seen him play in college?? His preseason games have been against guys that aren't in the NFL and he had a 5.7 YPA and 6.0 YPA, so hes pretty much just dumping the ball off, he doesn't have the arm strength to do much of anything else.

And he will always be inactive, like I said in the shout box. 3rd string QBs are NEVER active, its pointless because there is a NFL emergency rule where the 3rd string QB doesn't need to be on the active list to play.

Though I think we stand a better chance at winning with a unconventional spread option attack with Tebow at QB, we are better off long term sucking and cleaning house because this team is a mess. We need a top 5 draft pick because we need talent on this team.

Sanchez is a likeable guy and I think that is why people have a a hard time wanting him gone. That said I'm really good at analyzing players. Always have been.I'm rarely wrong with what I see with patterns. I'm one of those type of people that that is really good at seeing patterns. We all know the world runs on patterns...the economy,the weather,stock market,....etc.People are no different. Almost everyone follows a pattern of some kind with something as simple as a daily routine for instance.

I was sure during Marks second year because of seeing his obvious pattern that he would be the same throughout his career as he is today and he will never hack it as a successful qb. He has some talent but Mark will never be able to think fast enough to get up to NFL game speed and he isn't smart enough qb wise (not intelligent wise) to make adjustments before and during plays...at least not on his own,also his accuracy will never get better. He will always be erratic with accuracy. Not all the successful NFL qb`s are accurate but all of the successful NFL qb`s can make adjustments and they all are up to NFL game speed.

Basically to make it simple some flaws in a qb are correctable and some aren't and Mark has to many of the uncorrectable flaws. It has nothing to do with liking the guy because I do like him but he just doesn't have it. If Mark was every going to be able to get up to game speed he would have been there by now. As far as accuracy goes...coaches can make minor adjustments but they cant make a highly inaccurate qb accurate. It boarders on impossible. Mark will always be erratic with accuracy. Also the same thing goes for adjustments. People put to much on the coaches as far as the qb making adjustments before and during plays. Mark will never be Peyton Manning but he and all the great qb`s are perfect examples of making adjustments. Adjustments are an absolute must for any qb in the NFL if they are ever going to make it successfully.

All the top qbs have totally different skill sets but you see them all doing one thing in common.Whether or not they make an audible you always see both the Manning`s,Rodgers,Brees,Brady,etc., pointing out defensive players before the plays,sometime even telling an offensive player to move to another position or changing a wr`s route,or blocking assignments. That is what adjustments before the play are. This is something you dont see from Sanchez almost ever. If mark was capable of taking the next step this is something he would absolutely be doing on his own. This isn't something the coaches do. Its 100% on the qb to read the defenses and be able to make adjustments before hiking the ball.This is a must for any successful NFL qb

As far as adjustments during the play after the ball is hiked that is what separates the average good qb`s from the elite. The elite can make adjustments to the plays on their own from what they see the defense doing.

Mark doesn't have this in him. Belief is one thing but I challenge anyone to start watching Sanchez closely before the plays and see how often he even audibles let alone change blocking assignments,or even simply pointing out defenders. He cant read defenses period and that alone means he will never be good.

No it isn't all about stats and none of what I said had to do with stats and it isn't all Mark but more of it is on Mark than anyone would believe. If the qb isn't good the rest of the offense will usually look bad unless you have some monster running game. The qb is the main game changer in for nearly all the NFL teams that make the playoffs every year.Look at all the teams that continually make the playoffs and you will find that one thing to be true.Some teams have great rb`s like the Vikings and Jacksonville but they dont make the playoffs. Why??? Because of the lack of a great qb. Baltimore does but they have a pretty good qb in Flacco. he isn't elite but he is good. All the other teams that make the playoffs every year is because of the qb.

Compound all this with Marks stats being at the bottom of the league all four years says he is a terrible qb. If Mark was good even with all the other offensive issues he would still logically be at the middle of the pack more often than not in most of his stats. Yet almost everyone is one of the stats are one of the worst qb`s stat wise. It just isn't logical intelligent wise to believe he is good.Mark is a paid professional and the excuses that the coaches dont prepare him his worn way thin. There is a point where the bib and pacifier comes off and Mark should have learned enough by now to make plays on the field consistently. He is the qb and making the decisions and throws on the field not the coaches.Another thing is it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that almost all of Mark1s throws go to his first read. This is the NFL and plays rarely go according to plan on every down. Its up to the qb to be able to go to the 2nd,3rd,4th reads,scramble,or throw the ball away. Mark rarely even goes to the second read. Its usually either one or done. That limits the offense and shows a sever lacking in his game.

Put it this way if you work at a job and year after year your performance was the worst of all your co-workers then eventually after years of it the management and you yourself would have to come to terms that you sucked. maybe it wouldn't be all your fault but most of the blame would lie on you because it is your job.

People keep bringing up the receivers too. Ive seen to many good qb`s with no great receivers on the team to fall into this. The receivers cant be that bad. Mark throws the ball late and that makes the receiver look bad. Mark rarely puts the ball on the numbers or hits the receiver in stride. That makes the receivers look bad. Yeah we all want a Calvin Johnson,Fitzgerald etc. but few teams have that. The successful qb`s put the ball in the right spot. Whether you like Mark or not every time he throws the ball you dont know if its going to be over thrown,under thrown,behind the receiver,to far in front,to low,to high, or on time, or right one the money. Marks balls are thrown everywhere and rarely where they should be. I'm saying Mark is making the receivers look worse than they are because they dont have any idea where Mark is going to put the ball.

You yourself say that the offense would probably run better with Tebow than Mark which means as much as you dont want Tebow on the field you are seeing some flaws or lacking in Marks game otherwise you wouldn't have said that. I really dont want Tebow on the field either honestly but I will say one thing in his defense....people are complaining that they dont want Tebow in because he cant throw the ball and his accuracy is in the 40% range. Yet that is hypocritical because where is Marks accuracy?? In the 40% range. So logically Tebow cant be worse than Mark is and at least Tebow can run the ball. Another thing is (again I'm not a Tebow fan and really dont care for his skill set) Tebow is in only a couple plays a game and anyone with any sense in their head cant expect him to get into the flow of the game just coming in for a play here and there. No qb could get into the flow of the game and have most of their plays succeed if they were only in a for a couple of gimmick plays.

On to Mcelroy. I was wrong on one thing...He did actually play in 2011 and 2012...not 2010 and 2012 preseason. Also I don`t disagree with you that most of the preseason games were against people out of the NFL but not the 4th games of the preseason the past two years. Most of the roster is set in those games.It may not have been all the starters but Mcelroy looked pretty good in every preseason game he was on the field which is something none of the other qb`s on the roster did.I'm just saying he had a consistent pattern of looking good and consistent when he was on the field. It may not translate to real games but what have we got to lose?

Also you might have seen him in college but that has nothing to do with the NFL. Take Jamarcus Russel, Ryan Leaf, Vince Young,Culpepper,Leinart,Grossman,Leftwich,Ramsey,Quinn,Boller,Lossman,Carr,Harrington,Shuler,Couch,Mcnown,etc........All first round picks.Most of these guys looked great or amazing in college and yet most of them looked totally terrible in the NFL. Some of them had question marks but a great many of them were thought to be eventually great in the NFL but it turned out horribly. Yet some undrafted qbs and low drafted qb`s have turned out great.

My point is college football is college football. Its not the NFL and you never know what you are going to get with a college qb that makes the transition. Just because you didn't think Mcelroy was great in college obviously some people thought he had something or he wouldn't be in the NFL. He looked to me like he had some skills in his play time in preseason. He even looked better than Mark did to me in all his preseason games. Maybe the talent level was different but if he isn't given any chance we dont know what he has. As far as practice goes you know as well as I do that he gets little to no snaps with the 1st teams since he is 3rd string. Yet before Tebow was brought in he was 2nd string.

I'm just saying none of us no what he has but he showed some skill in preseason. We are going nowhere with Mark and the fans are getting restless yet the coaches refuse to give anyone but Mark the ball. Yes the coaches make the decisions but if Mark isn't hacking it and ticket sales are failing(you've seen the empty seats) then that means tv ratings are failing too.

Bottom line is the fans pay the players salary and if Mark isn't on the level he needs to be and he continues to struggle the coaches have an obligation to the fans to try whatever they can to make the team better. They are trying it with Powell and giving him more of Greene`s carries. The same thing should be happening with Mark whether it be with Tebow or Mcelroy. Maybe not all the fans want Mark out but more and more of them every week do.

If you alienate the fans the team will struggle financially. Look at Miami. They are one of the teams that deals with a possible blackout every home game. If things keep going south and Rex refuses to try to make changes then things are going to only get worse. Sanchez is a man not a child. If he has a terrible game and its a blowout then bench his a** at least for the rest of the game and see what your backups can do. If Mark cant take it mentally then he has the mind of a child and should be in a nursery not the NFL.Rex is to damn loyal to Sanchez. Most any coach would've benched their starting qb in that 49`r blowout but not Rex.

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

I never said that Mark was a great QB, I know he has flaws and I have admitted hes one of the problems. I just think our entire team is a mess right now, I believe in teams winning championships and this team has some of the worst talent in football.

Our WRs right now are a joke. I really like Jeremy Kerley, I think he has a future, but other than him who did we have last game? Clyde Gates was kicked off of the Dolphins, hes a fast guy but not a football player. Chaz Schilens has been a nobody his entire career. Jeff Cumberland is a UDFA and I doubt he would be a top 2 TE on any other team in the league. Our RBs suck too.

We have the worst offense in football, I think Mark deserves his criticism, but the Jets have done him no favors in developing him.

With Tebow, I did say that part of the reason we might as well go with Tebow is because Sanchez has been completing under 50% of his passes the past 4 games. Tebow can do that plus run the football, hes probably our best runner on the team. Heck, the one run Tebow made vs the Texans he broke more tackles on than Greene has the entire season.

I think this team is going to finish 4-12 at best, our defense is playing awful, father time has caught up with our LBs and this team has failed to add any impact front 7 players. And our offense is the worst in football. This team does nothing well right now.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users