NYJetsFan.com Forums: How Long Before We Start Hearing Rumors About... - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Yesterday, 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (Today, 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Today, 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (Today, 07:49 PM) WOO
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

How Long Before We Start Hearing Rumors About...

#1 User is offline   tommypulvirenti Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

I love Rex but if continue to lose, How long before we start hearing rumors about.. Bill Cowher

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

I would love to hire Bill Cowher, but I say the chances he would come here are low...
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

Come on ride the train the choo choo cha'rain!!!
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

I like Rex but I'm also starting to go against him now and wanting him gone.
Rex is to much about loyalty to his players and either refuses to or takes to long to make tough decisions because of that loyalty. A head coach cant be loyal to his players. Loyalty is great and all but not for a head coach of a sports team. If Rex cant put a side his deep sense of loyalty then he shouldn't be a head coach anywhere.

Now I dont know if Rex was just speaking with passion or if he was totally serious and means it but one recent statement basically showed me what he is about.

Now you all know I'm not a Sanchez fan but I dont care if Rex made the statement about any player on the team, Mangold,Keller,Revis,Greene, Ducasse etc...

Basically for those that dont know...Rex made the statement that Sanchez is going to be the starting qb as long as he is here head coaching in NY.

As a head coach you never make a statement saying this or that player is going to be my starter as long as I'm here. That is total idiocy. So basically Rex`s career is being bet on a player and if it cost him his career then so be it.

If Rex is serious about a statement like that he is incapable of being a head coach because no head coach can ever be loyal no matter who the player is. Its their job to win. For instance ...The 49rs trading Montana, Cowboys trading Emmit Smith, Favre and also teams basically forcing players to retire like the Vikings Chris carter, Miami`s Marino,etc...

Just saying no matter how great a player is to a team even if they are a future HOF`r as a coach you have to make hard decisions and you never involve loyalty even if you love the player like family.

I'm not so sure Cowher wouldn't come here. Pittsburgh is a pretty rough place and they are used to winning. Im not really a big fan of him and I still believe he only got his Superbowls due to Rapelesberger being his qb but I will say one thing. the Steelers almost always had a playoff spot with him as the coach and the man wasn't afraid to do whatever was necessary including benching players if they weren't producing.

If Rex has loyalty issues then he needs to gtfo of NY.

#5 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

What Ryan says is meaningless, and people should realise that I don't mean that in a I-disregard-what-he-says way, but that anytime he says something in support of someone, it is undermined by later actions. Schottenheimer, Eric Smith, Hunter, etc. All guys Ryan said he believed in and who almost immediately were gotten rid of. He is a clown, a buffoon and he does nothing for this team someone else, not anyone else, but others wouldn't do better. Sometimes people repeatedly get passed up for promotions and it isn't fair, but a lot of the time there is a reason for it.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#6 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

Bill Cowher would not be doing a better job than Rex. The difference would be Bill would keep his mouth shut. Bill was an average coach that was fortunate enough to land a job with a very good franchise. The franchise improved after he left. We do not have the players to be a contender. Very little talent and none in the important positions.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 12 October 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

Bill Cowher would not be doing a better job than Rex. The difference would be Bill would keep his mouth shut. Bill was an average coach that was fortunate enough to land a job with a very good franchise. The franchise improved after he left. We do not have the players to be a contender. Very little talent and none in the important positions.

How did the franchise improve with Cowher leaving? All I see is that Tomlin won with Cowher's team and got to enjoy Roethlisberger hitting his prime years, if Cowher had Roethlisberger at QB for his coaching career he would have won more than just 1 SB.

Facts are he has a .623 winning percentage, 149-90, a .571 winning percentage in the playoffs, 12-9. And he has had mediocre QBs most of his career.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Cowher would absolutely coach better and would represent the franchise better.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 12 October 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

How did the franchise improve with Cowher leaving? All I see is that Tomlin won with Cowher's team and got to enjoy Roethlisberger hitting his prime years, if Cowher had Roethlisberger at QB for his coaching career he would have won more than just 1 SB.

Facts are he has a .623 winning percentage, 149-90, a .571 winning percentage in the playoffs, 12-9. And he has had mediocre QBs most of his career.

And when Cohwer took over it was Chuck Nolls team which he did little with. Before that it was Bill Austin So what. The fact is the team has done better without him. The Steelers FO knows how to build a football team and how to win year in and year out. Tomlin could retire tomorrow and the next coach would win too. Stats represent the team not a single person. If he was a HC of more than one team I may give Bill more credit. He was just in a good place having solid built teams in an era where QBs were not as important until the end of his career.

The difference between the Jets and the Steelers is way more than whats on the field. They just do things right. We on the other hand sign guys like Calvin Pace to a big contract as a FA because we were scared of MIA and Parcells getting him. We sign Bart Scott to a monster contract when we had Eric Barton on the cheap. Trade draft picks for Brett Favre to come play here for a year ETC... If Woody would stop trying always to be in the headlines and just draft well and sign solid players and follow teams blueprints like the Steelers, Ravens, and Packers we would do better. Woody lets the Media and fan base drive the bus instead of building a team. He thinks he can use smoke and mirrors.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 12 October 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

Cowher would absolutely coach better and would represent the franchise better.

I agree with represent the team better. I just never really thought he was a great coach. He was good not great.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

Bill Cowher is overrated. Chuck Noll had success with the Steelers before him and Mike Tomlin after him. The Steelers success has more to do with the Rooneys and the front office IMO. Is he a better head coach than Rex Ryan, he likely is. But I wouldn't look at him as some coaching genius either. I mean I think if you put Rex as the Steelers HC from 1992-2006 he would've won a Super Bowl at some point too. I don't see Bill Cohwer as a Bill Walsh or Bill Parcells franchise changing HC. Cowher just had the luxury of having great ownership, a front office that has a great eye for talent, and a devoted fanbase in a small market. There were some years in the mid-90s when the Steelers were pretty mediocre and we already know we don't have the most patient fanbase in the world and the New York media is much more harsh than the Pittsburgh media is.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#12 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 12 October 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

I agree with represent the team better. I just never really thought he was a great coach. He was good not great.

I agree, Cowher is just a respectably above average coach. And that is better than a lousy coach.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

View PostA1elbow, on 13 October 2012 - 05:08 AM, said:

I agree, Cowher is just a respectably above average coach. And that is better than a lousy coach.

So are you saying Rex is a lousy coach?
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 13 October 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

So are you saying Rex is a lousy coach?

Head coach? Yes. DC? He's good.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 13 October 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

Bill Cowher is overrated. Chuck Noll had success with the Steelers before him and Mike Tomlin after him. The Steelers success has more to do with the Rooneys and the front office IMO. Is he a better head coach than Rex Ryan, he likely is. But I wouldn't look at him as some coaching genius either. I mean I think if you put Rex as the Steelers HC from 1992-2006 he would've won a Super Bowl at some point too. I don't see Bill Cohwer as a Bill Walsh or Bill Parcells franchise changing HC. Cowher just had the luxury of having great ownership, a front office that has a great eye for talent, and a devoted fanbase in a small market. There were some years in the mid-90s when the Steelers were pretty mediocre and we already know we don't have the most patient fanbase in the world and the New York media is much more harsh than the Pittsburgh media is.

I don't think the owner, the current head coach or any prospective future head coach should concern themselves too much with the patience of the fanbase or the reactions of the local media when it comes to making decisions. The other team in town certainly haven't been pre-occupied with media talk or boos raining from the stands at certain junctures and sticking with Tom Coughlin and riding through the rough years with Eli Manning has helped deliver two Super Bowl titles. In reality, only the dynamic within the organisation should figure in their minds when it comes to finding answers to questions such as who to start at QB and who to employ as head coach.
The reason why those teams are successful for a long time is because they make rational rather than rash decisions. Too often in recent years the Jets have done the opposite, whether it be trading for Favre for a one year fix, sending a pair of draft picks for Tim Tebow. I'd rather those with power make a reasoned decision at the end of this season on whether to go ahead with Rex or to pursue other options. But I don't want that decision to be made with haste or seemingly in reaction to media talk.

#16 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 14 October 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

I don't think the owner, the current head coach or any prospective future head coach should concern themselves too much with the patience of the fanbase or the reactions of the local media when it comes to making decisions.

I agree 100%. However when the point of owning a team is to make money (which is the problem) instead of winning you worry about a fickle fan base who either stops being a fan and or stops purchasing items (profit).

The other team in town certainly haven't been pre-occupied with media talk or boos raining from the stands at certain junctures and sticking with Tom Coughlin and riding through the rough years with Eli Manning has helped deliver two Super Bowl titles. In reality, only the dynamic within the organisation should figure in their minds when it comes to finding answers to questions such as who to start at QB and who to employ as head coach.
The reason why those teams are successful for a long time is because they make rational rather than rash decisions. Too often in recent years the Jets have done the opposite, whether it be trading for Favre for a one year fix, sending a pair of draft picks for Tim Tebow. I'd rather those with power make a reasoned decision at the end of this season on whether to go ahead with Rex or to pursue other options. But I don't want that decision to be made with haste or seemingly in reaction to media talk.

I hate to say it but the Giants have a bigger loyal core fan base. Of course they have their fair share of bandwagoners and what not but they have a huge core fan base. I dont know if anyone has done any research on this but I bet the core fans of the Giants have a higher income level as well. The Giants do not have the same needs as the Jets. This is not even taking in account any debts the Jets have. Keep in mind The Giants have been family owned since...... Where as Woody bought the Jets and more than likely still has debt due to the purchase. I guess what I am saying is even though the two teams share a city and stadium their needs are very different for many reasons.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Cowher is absolutely overrated. He rode Dick LeBeau's defense to fame. He made the playoffs 10 of 15 years. Okay. Nice. In a division where he had to play Cleveland and Cincinati 4 games a year during their down years. Why do you think he hasn't been able to be hired anywhere since leaving Pittsburgh? People HAVE approached him sure, BUT he basically demands to be the GM at the same time as being HC & teams know better than to allow him to do that. Remember the Kordell Stewart experiment? Do you really want that here? I thought we already tried that with Brad Smith and it went NOWHERE so fast, he never became a starter.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users