NYJetsFan.com Forums: Terry Bradshaw On Brees - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Chris Johnson signs 2 year deal - http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38339
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:36 AM) Idk about the numbers, I read an article that said that the Jets offered a "attractive" deal to Johnson and that it was always a longshot that he would sign yesterday, but the Jets believe the deal is market value for him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:36 AM)

The Jets put together a convincing package on Tuesday to him, on and off the field. Now it is up to him. - See more at: http://m.metro.us/ne...h.cFze6cx8.dpuf
Chaos Icon : (Today, 12:30 PM) when did we start using "quote" in the shoutbox?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 12:33 PM) yesterday at 9:24 PM
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 01:09 PM) If the JETS get Chris Johnson he better not wear #28
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 01:09 PM) all I'm sayin
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 01:09 PM) carry on numbnuts
santana Icon : (Today, 01:11 PM)

nyjetsfan setting new quote trends
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:17 PM) Signed to a two year deal
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:18 PM) Per Shefter
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:18 PM) CJ1K that is
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:20 PM) http://i.imgur.com/RWFWUYi.gif From Santana
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 02:32 PM) he better not wear 28 though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 02:32 PM) all I'm sayin
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 02:32 PM) that is C-Mart's #
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 02:32 PM) PERIOD
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:33 PM) Hes wearing #28
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 02:34 PM) He ain't wearing 28
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:34 PM) Well considering they already retired #28 in honor of Curtis Martin, I don't see Johnson wearing #28.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:35 PM) Kind of defeats the purpose of retiring a number.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:39 PM) But I know he better not wear LaMont Jordan's number. Or I'll be pissed.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:40 PM) Snell
santana Icon : (Today, 02:41 PM) The title race is real
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Today, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Today, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Terry Bradshaw On Brees

#1 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

"I'm not into records, fellas. I'm just into winning football games," Terry Bradshaw, who won four Super Bowls with the Pittsburgh Steelers, told WFAN radio in New York. "The Saints hadn't won a game this season. I'm not into records, I'm into winning Super Bowls. We lose sight of why we play. We play to win and to win championships, not to break records."

Bradshaw also wasn't thrilled that Brees asked the NFL if suspended coach Sean Payton could attend the game, and that the NFL allowed it.

"I was a little upset that he went to the NFL to get Payton back to watch him break a record," Bradshaw said. "I'm like, 'Are you kidding me?' I never would have gone and asked. I thought it was disrespectful to the San Diego Chargers.

Also, Terry Bradshaw took steroids to win games. Drew Brees takes zero steroids...and won a championship...and has records. SHUT THE f*** UP Bradshaw.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#2 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

Talk about taking nothing and turning into something. Sometimes the game of football annoys me. For instance, a lot of people get to much credit and others don't get nearly enough. You could take a very average 'game manager' put him on a team with a great defense and elite running game and win a few superbowls and get all this credit. Where you take the same guy, take away the top defense and running game and he'd measure up to David Carr. Football kills me sometimes.

Terry needs to stfu

#3 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

That's the problem with saturation coverage of the NFL (and every other major sport). Everything turns into an issue to be debated and stupid things get said. In the grand scheme of things, winning championships is most important. But there's a reason why records like that set by Brees should be celebrated - it's because they don't often get broken. Jonny Unitas' record streak ended in 1960, and it took over half a century(!) for it to be broken.
If Bradway analysed baseball, would he say that somebody breaking Joe DiMaggio's 56 game consecutive hit streak - not that it is ever likely to be bettered - achieved an insignificant feat?

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

Bradshaw was carried by a team filled with HOFers. I hate when these old timers speak out against current players.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

I dont know about anyone else but Ive always hated the whole cast of Fox`s NFL pregame,halftime crew. If they were my only choice for football updates Id probably never watch a pregame,halftime,post game show. They all suck that bad.

#6 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 14 October 2012 - 12:03 AM, said:

I dont know about anyone else but Ive always hated the whole cast of Fox`s NFL pregame,halftime crew. If they were my only choice for football updates Id probably never watch a pregame,halftime,post game show. They all suck that bad.

The CBS team would be almost perfect if they would just get rid of Mushmouth (aka Shannon Sharpe) and replace him with somebody like Warren Sapp. Hell I'd take Charles Barkley on the NFL Today over Shannon Sharpe.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#7 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 13 October 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

I don't watch Fox for that reason. Joe Buck is horrible. I used to just dislike him, but after his performance of someone suffering extreme moral outrage at Moss pretending to moon people I would rather turn off the television than watch Fox.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#8 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

When was this quote given? Let me guess Friday morning? If so, Bradshaw's just butt-hurt and talking about "records" because Rothlisberger passed him for the Steeler's all time passing record Thursday night and the announcers made it a point to say so.

Either way.......Bradshaw was overrated and has what? "The Immaculate Reception" as his ultimate play?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Terry Bradshaw isn't into records anymore because Big Ben just replaced him in most of the Steeler's record books.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users