NYJetsFan.com Forums: Does Sanchez Gets A Pass This Week With 82Yrds Passing. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:00 PM) Looks like the game will be moved to Monday night in either Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Washington DC.
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:55 PM) that makes it sound like I AM THE TABLE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 November 2014 - 03:36 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:28 PM) lets go chaaaaaaaales
azjetfan Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:37 PM) We want raiders to win
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:59 PM) Michael Irvin pre-game, "Jamaal Charles makes defenders look like Ray Charles"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:00 PM) JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit as per Fox Sports Mike Garafalo
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) word
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) i wonder how much tickets could be
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) murray bringing it to the table for 05
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) well bringing it to his bench
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:22 PM) Unreal. My fantasy luck is awesome
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:25 PM) GIOVANI OCHO SANTOS
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:56 PM) RAUL IS TEH TABLE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 PM) 4 TDS for THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) and 400 total yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) quack
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 11:04 PM) Meanwhile back at the ranch Winston almost was ejected from the game.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 12:50 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 10:09 AM) TEH CRYSTAL PALACE
santana Icon : (Today, 11:27 AM) Lulz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 01:38 PM) Brad Smith just took a shot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 01:38 PM) Wow
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) saw that
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) smithsiah
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) will return
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) king of the juice
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 01:53 PM) Sanchez int at Eagles 30
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Does Sanchez Gets A Pass This Week With 82Yrds Passing.

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

Curious. 11-18 for 82 yrds. I didn't see the game. He threw 2T.D's but only threw for 82 yards. I guess when you rush for a team total of 252yrds you don't have to throw.

#2 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Like some said in the studs and duds thread I don't consider him a stud but he definitely gets a pass this week. Did not turn the ball over which is a big positive.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

I think he does. What is the alternative if not? Tebow?

I watched the game, and something that is obvious to me, as it was to Phil Sims also, the Jets do not have any 'easy' throws for Sanchez. I will admit it did look like Sanchez missed probably 3 of the throws. But he did not do anything stupid with the football. The only sack came late in the game and Sanchez really couldnt have avoided it.

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

we had the game won and they couldn't stop the rushing attack. he was aweosme on converting 3rd downs and his 2 TD passes were very nice. espiciallt the one to stephen hill. it was in a perfect spot and hill made a 1 handed grab
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#5 User is online   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

He did all that he was asked to do, and both TD throws were quality passes, the first being fit into a tight window for Stephen Hill. The second to Jason Hill was a combination of a great slant route and solid throw.

More will be asked of him next week against New England, but can't complain about his play yesterday.

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

I guess because we didn't need to pass it much and the only times they did it was short passes. Sparano is in the mindset of if something can't be stopped, keep doing it. So he kept running the ball since the Colts couldn't stop it and we got a big lead early, so they ran the clock.

They never took any shots downfield, did any PA and try to make a big play, it was just move the chains and keep running the ball.

We won 35-9, so you really can't complain about him.

I think the next 2 games will tell a lot with Sanchez, both are division games and if he plays poorly in them he will be benched for Tebow. Especially with the bye week.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

also for most of the season out starting targets have been

jeff cumberland
jeremy kerly
chaz schillens/patrick turner/ jason hill
shonn greene

kerly is best as a number 3. none fo those other players are even remotely starter worthy and greene can't catch for shit lol
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

Sanchez played very well. Again, better than his stat line. First off, when the running game is going, you don't need him throwing a ton. The way we were running yesterday, we hardly needed him to throw 18 times. More importantly, he picked up some 3rd and longs to keep the offense on the field early.

His two TDs were teh first scores of the game. He set the tone with his arm and his first TD to Hill was really impressive. I forgot who it was, but someone on the half time show said "Hill wasn't open, Sanchez threw him open".

#9 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

This is the problem. Mark gets passes because he looks efficient and beats crappy teams that end up with below .500 records but he looks crappy against almost every .500 team and above.

I'm all for giving passes but Mark doesn't deserve to get a pass if he cant beat a good or great team. From last year to this year Mark is 0-7 against good teams and only looked even halfway decent in one of them.NE last year. The rest he looked like crap. He even looked like crap against a bad team like Miami last year and this year.

No passes from me until Mark looks good against good teams. There has been teams with really average qb`s that have won SB`s but Mark isn't even on that level so far because he is so inconsistent. Average means consistent which Mark isn't.

No fu*king pass unless he can prove he can look good against an actual good team.

#10 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

Sanchez could cure cancer and he still wouldn't get a pass from some of you guys.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#11 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 15 October 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

Sanchez could cure cancer and he still wouldn't get a pass from some of you guys.

I dont get your logic?

Why should a qb that only ever looks like a good qb when he plays teams that end up with below .500 records get a pass or even be a starter for that matter?

I guess that is good enough for fans like Mr.Jet. I want a qb that is capable of winning a SB without having to just hand the ball off 99% every game in order to beat a good team. If that is the case we might as well just hire the worst qb possible to hand the ball off and sign him to the league minimum.

Sanchez doesn't hold a candle to even Pennington for that matter. Chad could beat every team or stand with every team except those with elite defenses because the elite defenses could key on his weak arm. Mark is pure shit because he gives people false hope because he is good enough to beat shit teams and look good against them so everyone wants to give him passes every time the Jets faces a good team. Mark looks like crap against everyone of them and its over looked and the blame goes elsewhere.

Mark sucks period.No one but the blinded wants a qb that only ever looks good against bad teams. A good qb will look good against most every team with an exception here and there. Yet Mark looks bad against every single good team. How can anyone believe he isn't anything but shit????

Pennington might have had a weak arm but he wipes his ass with Shitchez.If Chad would have had a strong arm he would have been an all time great.His arm strength was his only flaw. Mark has so flaws he shouldn't be a starter for any team in the NFL.

#12 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 15 October 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

I dont get your logic?

Why should a qb that only ever looks like a good qb when he plays teams that end up with below .500 records get a pass or even be a starter for that matter?

I guess that is good enough for fans like Mr.Jet. I want a qb that is capable of winning a SB without having to just hand the ball off 99% every game in order to beat a good team. If that is the case we might as well just hire the worst qb possible to hand the ball off and sign him to the league minimum.

Sanchez doesn't hold a candle to even Pennington for that matter. Chad could beat every team or stand with every team except those with elite defenses because the elite defenses could key on his weak arm. Mark is pure shit because he gives people false hope because he is good enough to beat shit teams and look good against them so everyone wants to give him passes every time the Jets faces a good team. Mark looks like crap against everyone of them and its over looked and the blame goes elsewhere.

Mark sucks period.No one but the blinded wants a qb that only ever looks good against bad teams. A good qb will look good against most every team with an exception here and there. Yet Mark looks bad against every single good team. How can anyone believe he isn't anything but shit????

Pennington might have had a weak arm but he wipes his ass with Shitchez.If Chad would have had a strong arm he would have been an all time great.His arm strength was his only flaw. Mark has so flaws he shouldn't be a starter for any team in the NFL.

Shitchez now??? Really? It's come to that?

You guys just do not listen. What has Rex Ryan said from day one about the kind of offense he wants? GROUND AND POUND! I mean how many times does that have to be said for you guys to understand what that means? Strong running game, move the chains, control the time of possession to keep the other team's offense off the field, keep our offense on the field so our defense can stay fresh into the 4th quarter. I know it's not Air Coryell and I know it's not fun to watch. I know that it might mean it gives the QB on our favorite team a lower Madden rating than other QBs. But that is how the team's offense was meant to be from day one of the Rex Ryan era. Mark Sanchez was never expected to be the next Peyton Manning. You guys expect the sky and moon from every QB that has ever played for the Jets. I don't envy any Jets QB of the last 20 years. How many elite QBs come along in a draft? How many elite QBs come along in free agency? At the end of the day it is DEFENSE that wins championships. That's why we still talk about the 85 Bears and 2000 Ravens more than we do any great offense of the past. The blueprint to beating our biggest obstacle (the Patriots) is already been drawn out for us by teams like the Giants. You HAVE to put pressure on the QB (Brady). Now could Sanchez play better? Yes. But you have to have WRs he can rely on to not drop the f***ing ball. You have to have an OL that will keep the pass rush off of him. You have to have a RB that can find the hole (and a OL to make them) to make play action a real threat. That's what EVERY QB needs to be successful on a regular basis, not just Sanchez. Sanchez has not always had this and still doesn't. People talk about Pennington was so great at play action, yeah because he had Curtis Martin behind him. Sanchez doesn't have a RB like that behind him. As I've said many many times already, I don't need Sanchez to be the next Elway or Montana. I just need him to be the next Jim McMahon, Troy Aikman or Phil Simms. Somebody with a great defense who can make the plays when the team needs him to. Sanchez has shown he can do that. He did it with all those comeback victories in 2010. He's shown he can play well in the playoffs and even this season in the game against Miami he's shown he can make a play when we need him to. Football's a team sport and the ENTIRE team has to play consistent, including Sanchez. But of course everything I've just said will fall on deaf ears I'm sure.

Now what do people always complain about when it comes to Sanchez? "We shouldn't have moved up to get him." Well let's go back to before the 2009 draft. Favre had just "retired." Clemens showed in 2007 that he was not the answer (and ended up not even being able to outplay Sanchez in camp). Then there was Erik Ainge after Clemens and as we know now he was in no position to start for the NEW YORK Jets with the problems he was dealing with. So we HAD to draft a QB in 2009, but so did the Lions and I'm sorry but I still wouldn't want my team losing EVERY single game just to get Stafford. So let's say we don't move up and some other team picks Sanchez before our original pick at #17. That leaves us to pick Josh Freeman. And how is he any better than Sanchez again? What has Josh Freeman done so far that makes us wish he was in green and white? So who was the next guy after Josh Freeman? Well that was Pat White and as we all know he's down there in Miami right now breaking all of Dan Marino's records.

And what did we give up to get Sanchez? Kenyon Coleman, Abram Elam, my boy Brett Ratliff, and the chance to draft Josh Freeman. I think you guys who complain about Sanchez all the time forget about the situation this team was in before the 2009 draft and that yeah we did move up to get him, but even now we still got the better end of that trade. Sanchez was the best option at the time to fill a position that HAD to be filled. It's easy to forget all this 3 years later. That's the thing about the draft. You don't know until years after each draft.

So okay we get rid of Sanchez at the end of this season. Then what? Where is this elite QB going to come from to replace him? Where is this guy who is going to fix our QB problems and save us from the misery that is living with "Shitchez?"

We need a consistent pass rusher and a not have some of our best players on IR. THAT'S our problem.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#13 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

Look your not wrong in what your stating but this is a passing league now period.

With what you are basing your ideas on the Jets need to be a 2000 Ravens team type defense, or a 2002 type Bucs defense with no real offense to even have a chance at winning a single Superbowl with Sanchez to be the Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson of the Jets. Or have that type of defense and have a Walter Payton type running back.

That just isnt realistic. The Bears was almost 30 years ago and the Bucs had that one year in the Superbowl and then they sucked after that. They had a good defense for years but other than that the team was crap. Baltimore has continued to have a great defense and have been building their offense but they haven't been to a SB since 2000.

basically with your way of thinking we have to hope the Jets put a truly amazing team around Sanchez and hope the Jets can pull out something that has happened only 3 times in 30 years with subpar qb`s?????? Only twice in 30 years if you count teams with no offense.None of the other Superbowl winners in recent times has had subpar qbs unless you want to put Doug Williams in there

Totally unrealistic and the chances of it happening are slim.

This is a passing league and every team in the past 30 years with the exception of those three teams have won a SB with a qb that was playing well or was a franchise qb.

So no.... I dont want to try to build a team around a qb that has to have the absolute perfect and very unrealistic team to even have half a chance of winning a single SB.

Id rather the team move on and try to draft or trade for a decent qb. The Lions and the Saints are perfect examples. How long were they in the sewer of the NFL? The Falcons were another team until they got Vick. Eventually they finally got a good qb.Ryan,Brees and Stafford.

Hoping for a miracle team with a qb that isn't good enough and sticking with him for years hoping for the perfect situation is just stupid.You want a qb that you know that will give your team a shot every year not having to hope for miracles and luck

#14 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 15 October 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

we had the game won and they couldn't stop the rushing attack. he was aweosme on converting 3rd downs and his 2 TD passes were very nice. espiciallt the one to stephen hill. it was in a perfect spot and hill made a 1 handed grab

Posted Image

wow bro. i just looked up the highlight cus i wanted to see that one handed catch, and all i got is a trap against the body. one handed would imply that a hand was involved, and that was ALL body. I know Hill is your boy but enough is enough with making him look better than he is. he let that get into his armpit and he trapped it with his arms. don't make the guy out to seem like a beast and make a great play away from his body when he resorted to what he has done the whole time and let it get into his shoulder pads.

please, stop over-exaggerating. you owe me 5 minutes of my life back looking for a one handed catch that never happened.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 15 October 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

Look your not wrong in what your stating but this is a passing league now period.

With what you are basing your ideas on the Jets need to be a 2000 Ravens team type defense, or a 2002 type Bucs defense with no real offense to even have a chance at winning a single Superbowl with Sanchez to be the Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson of the Jets. Or have that type of defense and have a Walter Payton type running back.

I never once said the Jets didn't need "real offense." I'm saying we don't have to have a perennial Pro Bowler at QB to be a winning team. And if this were a passing league like you say it is than it wouldn't matter what type of RB we had. You can not pass the ball with consistent success without the threat of a good running attack. You have to be able to run well to set up the passing attack. Plus as much as the "experts" on ESPN want to say it's a passing league the fact still remains you can't pass the ball well if your QB is under constant pressure. People can talk about Eli and Rodgers all they want but without Justin Tuck and Clay Matthews, the Giants and Packers don't win those Super Bowls.

That just isnt realistic. The Bears was almost 30 years ago and the Bucs had that one year in the Superbowl and then they sucked after that. They had a good defense for years but other than that the team was crap. Baltimore has continued to have a great defense and have been building their offense but they haven't been to a SB since 2000.

basically with your way of thinking we have to hope the Jets put a truly amazing team around Sanchez and hope the Jets can pull out something that has happened only 3 times in 30 years with subpar qb`s?????? Only twice in 30 years if you count teams with no offense.None of the other Superbowl winners in recent times has had subpar qbs unless you want to put Doug Williams in there

Totally unrealistic and the chances of it happening are slim.

This is a passing league and every team in the past 30 years with the exception of those three teams have won a SB with a qb that was playing well or was a franchise qb.

So no.... I dont want to try to build a team around a qb that has to have the absolute perfect and very unrealistic team to even have half a chance of winning a single SB.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the other players on the team get a paycheck too don't they? I'm not saying the Jets have to be the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens EVERY year. I just said we remember and talk about those teams more than we do the 1998 Vikings or 2005 Colts. Offense is great but it doesn't keep your team in contention every year. I'm not saying we have to have an elite defense every year. I'm saying we can have a defense ranked in the 5 or 10 every year which no matter who our QB is can keep games close and keep this team in contention. No team wins the SB every year but many like the Ravens are contenders almost every year because of their defense not their QB.

Id rather the team move on and try to draft or trade for a decent qb. The Lions and the Saints are perfect examples. How long were they in the sewer of the NFL? The Falcons were another team until they got Vick. Eventually they finally got a good qb.Ryan,Brees and Stafford.

Hoping for a miracle team with a qb that isn't good enough and sticking with him for years hoping for the perfect situation is just stupid.You want a qb that you know that will give your team a shot every year not having to hope for miracles and luck

And again I ask who is this decent QB we're supposed to try to draft or trade for? This reminds me of polls that ask would you vote for candidate X or vote for a generic candidate. The generic candidate usually wins then when you put an actual name against candidate X, candidate X starts to look a lot better to the voter. It's easy to say Sanchez sucks so we need a better QB, but who is this better QB? Where is he at and how do we get him? If any of you can tell me who and where this savior at QB is, I'll gladly say "okay let's get him." But y'all can't do that because you don't know if the grass will be greener with a new QB.

You guys keep acting like great franchise QBs grow on trees and are in every draft. If that were the case we'd have gotten one sometime within the last 35 years since Namath was traded to the Rams. The only real sure fire one we missed out on was Marino in 83. Getting it right at QB is more luck than it is having an eye for talent. Look at Tom Brady, he was the best QB of that draft but he wasn't picked until pick #199 and we still got the 2nd best QB in that draft in Pennington. Being in a position and getting a true franchise QB (the kind that you want) is a miracle and more luck in itself. There are more Tim Couchs in NFL history than there are Peyton Mannings. And when it comes to Drew Brees he was drafted to be San Diego's franchise QB. But they gave up on him and didn't support him and drafted Eli Manning/Philip Rivers. Now he has a Super Bowl ring and the Chargers don't.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#16 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 15 October 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

f*ck you you piece of sh*t mother f*cker. If anyone is a racist its you stupid dumb mother f*cker. I have a half Mexican sister and and half Chinese brother and sister. If I'm racist against anyone its against stupid mother f*ckers like you that try to make something out of nothing. You have to be a f*cking racist yourself to look for crap that isnt there or wasn't intended dumb*ass. You are dead to me on this site you piece of sh*t I wont take insults like that.Don't even talk to me you unintelligent f*ck.Unbelievable I tell you. Always an idiot that wants to start trouble.And you are supposed to be a mod???

If you had an ounce of intelligence instead of making comments out of shear stupidity you look at Doug Williams stats and could see he wasn't a great qb. He won a Superbowl but overall his career was very subpar.

Posted Image.....He was joking my man.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#17 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

So is the theme... "the less Sanchez can pass for the better?" ... "the less effect he has on the game the better?"

He wasn't called to do much. I do like how he took care of the football and threw 2 TD's. The one to Stephen Hill was an elite throw.

My concern is he was carried by the run game (which he was). However, does Sanchez's career hinge on if he has a run game or not? because if he needs to still heavily lean on the run that's not the QB we need. Not saying I want him pass all the time by I would like him to pass when we have to. Situationally when he's called upon to do so.

Sanchez gets a pass this week. He was carried by the running game. I would like him to put together 2 consecutive good games. Not one week he looks pop Warner and the next a top 10.

CONSISTENCY!

#18 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostS-Dubb, on 16 October 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

Sanchez gets a pass this week. He was carried by the running game.

By saying this, to me, you're putting the cart before the horse. Sanchez put the Jets up by two scores, not the running game. They were comfortably ahead because Sanchez made some big boy throws. What happens when a team is comfortably ahead? They start to run the ball to kill the clock. Last night, if you saw the Chargers game, the inability to consistently get 1st downs on the ground while comfortably ahead forced Rivers to keep throwing and opened the door for the first pick 6 that gave Denver a spark. On Sunday, Sanchez took care of the ball, scored when he had the opportunity and then, FOR ONCE, the run game was able to do what a running game is suppose to do. To say "Sanchez was carried by the running game" is just stat line watching, which is all you're doing.

#19 User is offline   V DidDy 210 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

for the record...Brett Ratliff is a free agent. We overwhelmingly got the better deal in the #5 Pick Trade.

And I totally agree that the only reason Shonn Greene got so many opportunities is because Sanchez did his job, didn't turn the ball over and scored his two touchdowns early.

That being said, yes it was the colts. The Pats game will be a much better determinant

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 16 October 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

By saying this, to me, you're putting the cart before the horse. Sanchez put the Jets up by two scores, not the running game. They were comfortably ahead because Sanchez made some big boy throws. What happens when a team is comfortably ahead? They start to run the ball to kill the clock. Last night, if you saw the Chargers game, the inability to consistently get 1st downs on the ground while comfortably ahead forced Rivers to keep throwing and opened the door for the first pick 6 that gave Denver a spark. On Sunday, Sanchez took care of the ball, scored when he had the opportunity and then, FOR ONCE, the run game was able to do what a running game is suppose to do. To say "Sanchez was carried by the running game" is just stat line watching, which is all you're doing.

If sanchez would have done what rivers did lats night, people would be at his door with torches and pitchforks
Get it done MT
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users