NYJetsFan.com Forums: Anyone Else Getting Fed Up With This Season? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Geno injured, IK cut, Amish Rifle starting - http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38773
santana Icon : (14 August 2015 - 09:02 PM) fitz is probably the best qb the jets have had in the last 3/4 years
santana Icon : (14 August 2015 - 09:02 PM) depressing
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (14 August 2015 - 11:13 PM) depressing but true
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (14 August 2015 - 11:13 PM) Fitzpatrick can play at a average level, the Jets have had QB play on the below average level
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (14 August 2015 - 11:13 PM) Fitzpatrick not being mentioned as a NFL worst starter is a upgrade for this team
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (14 August 2015 - 11:14 PM) He could throw for 25 TDs if he starts every game
Chaos Icon : (14 August 2015 - 11:18 PM) 2009 with a Favre and Rex pairing could have been special
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 August 2015 - 09:20 PM) ok so who thinks geno has played his last game of his JETS career?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 August 2015 - 09:23 PM) I honestly think his JETS career is knocked out like that right hand by IK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 August 2015 - 08:50 PM) why the hell can't the JETS ever get it right
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 August 2015 - 08:50 PM) are we doomed for all eternity?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 August 2015 - 01:56 PM) kerly might be losing his job to a younger WR
GreenDude Icon : (18 August 2015 - 06:34 PM) We just signed Matt Flynn
santana Icon : (18 August 2015 - 07:02 PM) FLYNNNNSANITYYY
santana Icon : (18 August 2015 - 07:02 PM) hype hype hype
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 12:31 PM) Which receiver is Kerley losing his job to?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 12:31 PM) Kerley is still gonna be our slot receiver. Devin Smith is a outside WR, deep threat and hes gonna be out for a bit.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 12:32 PM) though Brandon Marshall likes playing in the slot at times and does work there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 01:27 PM) he's apparently battling (and losing to) enuiwa
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 01:28 PM) enunwa^
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 02:26 PM) I haven't heard about that
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 02:28 PM) I read how kerley has been uncover able one on one
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 02:57 PM) http://www.nj.com/je...ey_backups.html
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 02:57 PM) http://nypost.com/20...appearing-role/
Smedsthejet Icon : (19 August 2015 - 03:03 PM) Any news on how Shaq Evans is performing?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 August 2015 - 11:12 AM) http://nypost.com/20...ricks-of-trade/
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 August 2015 - 11:12 AM) sounds like the jets think kerly is too small for what they want
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 August 2015 - 11:13 AM) if enunwa is our 3rd WR that gives us 3 starting Wrs over 6-2. compared to the 5'7 kerly.
RetireChrebet Icon : (20 August 2015 - 11:32 PM) Hopefully enunwa pans out. The jets need to start catching talent in he late rounds like most successful teams do.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (21 August 2015 - 03:05 PM) MT did for us
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 August 2015 - 06:49 PM) Well it's only pre season but I don't enjoy watching them walk right over our defense
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 August 2015 - 07:20 PM) Looks like nothing has changed from the last 5 years. Our offense is still trash
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 August 2015 - 07:50 PM) Damn petty has a rocket arm!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 August 2015 - 07:54 PM) Kellen Davis sucks
Mr_Jet Icon : (22 August 2015 - 12:40 PM) Bryce Petty looked really good last night.
azjetfan Icon : (22 August 2015 - 04:56 PM) He took some big steps from week one. There is no question. If he continues to progress like that we may be chanting for him sooner than expected. I love his arm.
azjetfan Icon : (22 August 2015 - 06:56 PM) Sanchez looks like Drew Bree's today
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 August 2015 - 01:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO Ric Flair!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:45 PM) The guy in the fantasy league who said we're scared of Santana... is clearly santana.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:45 PM) just sayin
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:45 PM) im only half serious
santana Icon : (Today, 09:30 AM) Also i suspect that santana
santana Icon : (Today, 09:30 AM) might be santana
santana Icon : (Today, 01:35 PM) Tough draw for Liverpool
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 02:21 PM) Suarez second best in Europe... pretty good
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Anyone Else Getting Fed Up With This Season?

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,768
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

Its one of those if anything can go wrong it will type of years for us. Every time we make a big play a penalty calls ti backs. Anytime we have the opportunity to win a game somebody fucks up. Half the games it looks like we weren't even ready to play. We under talented at several key postions. Every yard is a struggle. nothing comes easy.

I'm sick of bad coaching and bad decisions. Sparano is not an improvement over schotty. he looks like he is learning on the fly on how to call plays. They never get in on time. we cna't sub properly w/o wasting a time out, sanchez at WR and tebow at QB? whats next rex at LT? Playing not to lose instead of playing to win? is this the old herm and mangini days? take a freakin risk!

Our WRs suck - holmes is out. hill is a rookie and is dropping way too man passes. schillens, gates, turner, and jason hill are all terrible. Mark has 1 relaible WR and thats kerly.

Our O-line sucks and howard just got hurt as well. we can't open a hole or give mark time tothrow if out lives depended on it

Sanchez misses too many throws. He way to incosistant

No pass rush. this si going on like 6 years now. ever since we traded abe anbd had a young abe and youn shaun eliis was the last time we had a pass rush. when will we fix this? we passed on all the pass rushing OLBs to take a Dlineman. last 3 1st round picks? 2 Des and a CB. The Des arne't generating a pass rush and a CB when we had revis and cro already????

Our best player on offense and defenses both go on IR in teh 1ts month

I can go on an on but my rant is over for now. anyone else not enjoying this season? :banghead: :sterb003:
0

#2 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,330
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:El Paso

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 22 October 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

Its one of those if anything can go wrong it will type of years for us. Every time we make a big play a penalty calls ti backs. Anytime we have the opportunity to win a game somebody fucks up. Half the games it looks like we weren't even ready to play. We under talented at several key postions. Every yard is a struggle. nothing comes easy.

I know, I kept saying the same thing during this game. I loved the phantom holding call on Sanchez's 15 yard run, and the Pass Interference to get the Pats into FG Range to tie it at the end.

I'm sick of bad coaching and bad decisions. Sparano is not an improvement over schotty. he looks like he is learning on the fly on how to call plays. They never get in on time. we cna't sub properly w/o wasting a time out, sanchez at WR and tebow at QB? whats next rex at LT? Playing not to lose instead of playing to win? is this the old herm and mangini days? take a freakin risk!

I think some of the playcalling was bad yesterday. Why go out and get Tebow is you wont use him when maybe you should. Also, ATTN Jets Defense. on 3 of the 4 1st and 20s for the Pats, they ran a WR Bubble Screen!

Our WRs suck - holmes is out. hill is a rookie and is dropping way too man passes. schillens, gates, turner, and jason hill are all terrible. Mark has 1 relaible WR and thats kerly.

Hills drop really hurt us, and Schillens didnt catch shit. Glad Keller is back.

Our O-line sucks and howard just got hurt as well. we can't open a hole or give mark time tothrow if out lives depended on it

Sanchez misses too many throws. He way to incosistant

No pass rush. this si going on like 6 years now. ever since we traded abe anbd had a young abe and youn shaun eliis was the last time we had a pass rush. when will we fix this? we passed on all the pass rushing OLBs to take a Dlineman. last 3 1st round picks? 2 Des and a CB. The Des arne't generating a pass rush and a CB when we had revis and cro already????

Our best player on offense and defenses both go on IR in teh 1ts month

I can go on an on but my rant is over for now. anyone else not enjoying this season? :banghead: :sterb003:

0

#3 User is offline   NY=#1 Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 36
  • Joined: 26-July 11

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

im enjoying this season alot more than last season. the offense is atleast doing some things that i was begging for last year, throwing down field, running the ball better, event though the offense is not really that much improved, this year i do not want to hang myself while watching the offense, unlike last season. im a young fan, so im patient, even though we are 3-4, im enjoying this team we have now alot more than last season. i didnt have high expectations going into this season anyway.
0

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,768
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

View PostNY=#1, on 22 October 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

im enjoying this season alot more than last season. the offense is atleast doing some things that i was begging for last year, throwing down field, running the ball better, event though the offense is not really that much improved, this year i do not want to hang myself while watching the offense, unlike last season. im a young fan, so im patient, even though we are 3-4, im enjoying this team we have now alot more than last season. i didnt have high expectations going into this season anyway.


we were dominating in the intermiadte pasing game (20-30 yar range) all game but went away fomr it and instead ran into all the things they had covered. we shoulda kept attacking unitl they found a counter/

football is a chess game. our pieces ae good enough we just don't know how to use them
0

#5 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 3,176
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

Fed up? Not at all. This season has had so many ups and downs it's insanely entertaining. Bench Sanchez? Start Tebow? Who's the RB? Shonne Greene waking up? Trufant cover Welker? Holmes injury? Revis out for a week? Revis out for the season? Destroying Buffalo after such a media ripping preseason? Highs and lows of Hill? This season has a little bit of everything.

I would love to have a consistent team out there but it's nice to see this team bouncing back from 2 devastating injuries. Yesterday's game showed that the team still has some resiliency. They have a good game coming up against Miami next week before going into bye week. The team needs to win and be 4-4 before heading into their week off. Bye week will help with injuries and create a good game plan against Seattle when they get back. The Jets have dealt with all sorts of crap so far this season yet they are still in this. The division is tight and I'm not buying the Patriots right now. They don't have what it takes and don't look like the Patriots of season's past. There is much to be worked on still but you can't deny that the entertainment has been there.

Would I love for this team to be consistent week in and week out? Hell yes. Who wouldn't? But they haven't packed it up yet and it's just about to hit the half way point and they're still in this. I'm looking forward to seeing where they take this now.
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,768
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostChaos, on 22 October 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

Fed up? Not at all. This season has had so many ups and downs it's insanely entertaining. Bench Sanchez? Start Tebow? Who's the RB? Shonne Greene waking up? Trufant cover Welker? Holmes injury? Revis out for a week? Revis out for the season? Destroying Buffalo after such a media ripping preseason? Highs and lows of Hill? This season has a little bit of everything.

I would love to have a consistent team out there but it's nice to see this team bouncing back from 2 devastating injuries. Yesterday's game showed that the team still has some resiliency. They have a good game coming up against Miami next week before going into bye week. The team needs to win and be 4-4 before heading into their week off. Bye week will help with injuries and create a good game plan against Seattle when they get back. The Jets have dealt with all sorts of crap so far this season yet they are still in this. The division is tight and I'm not buying the Patriots right now. They don't have what it takes and don't look like the Patriots of season's past. There is much to be worked on still but you can't deny that the entertainment has been there.

Would I love for this team to be consistent week in and week out? Hell yes. Who wouldn't? But they haven't packed it up yet and it's just about to hit the half way point and they're still in this. I'm looking forward to seeing where they take this now.


I haven't packed it up. I'll never do that. just frustrated. i mean the team we seen against hou and NE in tough losses isn't the same team we seen against the niners or steelers that just quit. Some weeks it seems the players are going thorugh the motions and don't want to be there. the play calling is terrible still after so many years. our WR position is aweful. our o-line is aweful, our d-line with all the high picks is aweful. we haven't address the OLBs they are awefull

no pohua or ellis were playing with no NT
no revis
no holmes
haven't had a RT since woody retired
pace and BT are still our starting OLBs? ewwwww
Sparano sucks some times
tebow? we coulda used those picks for a RT and WR
0

#7 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

  • Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,302
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AUSTIN,TX MALE member 2000-01

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

we lost by 3 points and they have a HOF QB sure we could have won in regulation but that falls on throwing to schillians who was double teamed while mark should have rolled out to extend a play anything but that 1 denominational play call . Yes jetsfan115 it matters not who puts on the jets logo the performance is always the same on the field .
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,492
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

NE is very beatable. They have the worst secondary in the NFL. I think that the AFC East is wide open and it wouldn't surprise me to see 9-7 take the division AND both WCs. We played 3 good games in a row and I like what I see from Sanchez. I think he's turned the corner.
0

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,768
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

View Postgmany3k, on 22 October 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

we lost by 3 points and they have a HOF QB sure we could have won in regulation but that falls on throwing to schillians who was double teamed while mark should have rolled out to extend a play anything but that 1 denominational play call . Yes jetsfan115 it matters not who puts on the jets logo the performance is always the same on the field .


if tom brady was a jet he woulda been run out of town years ago lol
0

#10 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,956
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Now I wonder how much the jets will have to pay kerley to stick around

only to see him leave for..... sure the rams why not
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#11 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,221
  • Joined: 11-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Albany N.Y
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

I see it as taking the good with the bad. Sure we all would like them to play better, but i agree with chaos. The season has been wild so far. This team is capable of doing good things tho, hopefully we get it together
0

#12 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,282
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 22 October 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

NE is very beatable. They have the worst secondary in the NFL. I think that the AFC East is wide open and it wouldn't surprise me to see 9-7 take the division AND both WCs. We played 3 good games in a row and I like what I see from Sanchez. I think he's turned the corner.


With just three teams in the AFC possessing winning records (NE, Baltimore and Houston), we're still in with a great shot of snatching a wildcard spot (the division is probably unlikely although as you say the Patriots have noticeable weaknesses).
This season has been frustrating, but it's not been as bad as others like to make out. The 49ers loss was embarassing, but we were competitive against Houston, came close to upsetting our biggest rivals in their own stadium and were half decent in the loss at Pittsburgh. The win against Miami was painstaking too, but we've got a chance to deliver a more decisive blow this weekend, and at least we didn't put in as abject a display in week 3 as we did in the week 17 loss down in Florida last season.
On top of lingering issues like our QB situation we have had to deal with a defence that has taken time to get up to speed and injuries to our biggest playmakers on both sides of the ball. That's been tough to deal with. But the next few weeks will show this team's character and highlight whether the depth we have can be sufficient. Players are already stepping up. Cro has been more assured in his performances, Kerley has been outstanding, Coples and Wilkerson have started to get going in the last fortnight while Hill and Demario Davis are showing flashes of upside (albeit coupled with signs that they are still rookies). Plus we've got Keller back now so Sanchez should hopefully see his play improve.
All is not lost (well, at least until the next convincing defeat).
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users