NYJetsFan.com Forums: The Forest - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:11 PM) offesnive tehhhh
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

The Forest

#1 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

I hope everyone today is starting to see more than the trees. The jets just got dominated at home by a team playing their backup qb with receivers you can't name and a defense with only a smattering of known players under a first year head coach, start to finish.

This team has no other option at qb thanks to a publicity hungry owner and a head coach who has no offensive philosophy and seeks out loser defensive players that he can bond with. Our gm is a business man who needs guys around him who can pick out talent but his owner pushes headlines and the head coach doesn't care about the offense. Our special teams is worse than it has ever been under a great coach, which tells me the team isn't preparing there anymore than it is on offense or defense.

We've had two injuries that matter: keller and revis. Revis being out has shown how horrible of a draft pick Wilson was-he was a safety valve in case the team didn't resign Cro and he is incapable of starting. None of the players we have drafted under Ryan have been anything but okay. Holmes being out means nothing since he is an average receiver with no work ethic that divides locker rooms and has no chemistry with Sanchez. The only thing about it is that it has highlighted how useless the addition of Schillens was. Just another bad receiver this team has pursued.

This team stinks because of the owner and head coach. Bench whoever, it isn't getting better until Woody stays out of the decision making process and Ryan is fired.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 28 October 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

This team stinks because of the owner and head coach. Bench whoever, it isn't getting better until Woody stays out of the decision making process and Ryan is fired.

I disagree that Ryan needs to be fired, but there needs to be better talent on a football team than what we currently have across the board.

#3 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 28 October 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

I disagree that Ryan needs to be fired, but there needs to be better talent on a football team than what we currently have across the board.

I think we have added a lot of players the last few years that aren't worth investing in, and whether people feel that is or is not Ryan's fault, it is absurd the jets lose like this. Are the dolphins that much more talented? What is the excuse for this team's performance against a team that they are roughly equal too? I can understand the idea we aren't in NE's league, but it is ridiculous to pretend the jets weren't seriously outcoached today.

#4 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 28 October 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

I think we have added a lot of players the last few years that aren't worth investing in, and whether people feel that is or is not Ryan's fault, it is absurd the jets lose like this. Are the dolphins that much more talented? What is the excuse for this team's performance against a team that they are roughly equal too? I can understand the idea we aren't in NE's league, but it is ridiculous to pretend the jets weren't seriously outcoached today.

How can anyone that has been a Jets fan for more than a few years be surprised by the loss today? Any divisional game is big and Miami ALWAYS plays us tough so why is today such a surprise? To say we're not in New England's league when they just needed OT ONE WEEK AGO to beat us is a little absurd in my opinion. The Dolphins are playing better ball than a lot of teams in the league right now & Matt Moore is a better QB than you give him credit for. Not to mention we didn't exactly have all of our starters on Defense today either. Our LB's are slow, Wilson is NOT a legit #2 CB obviously, our D line can't get any pressure. To say Rex needs to get canned is premature. What NEEDS to happen is Woody needs to stay the FVCK out of the decision making process when it comes to bringing players in. Either let a coach bring in the players he wants, or have Woody be the damn coach because it'll never work. This season was destined to be anywhere from 6-10 to 8-8 to begin with and that was BEFORE the injuries.

And before everyone continues the crying for Sanchez to be benched for that bum TeBLOW, keep in mind that Sanchez is GUARANTEED 10 million in 2013. What we need is legit receivers rather than one that continues to have the ball hit him directly in the chest and he can't seem to catch it. We finally get a guy with size and he can't catch for sh!t.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#5 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Yeah, the dolphins are playing better ball than other teams...do you think they are more talented than us? Did we coach well against them and they are just that much better? They always play us tough? They just crushed us at home in a game that was less close than the lopsided score said.

We are in the patriot's league because we played them close? But that is a divisional game, so how do you score that?

Go through and look at the jet's record against teams with winning records under Ryan. He is a bottom feeder. The team is never prepared for a game and we always get less out of talent.

People tell themselves he isn't in on decisions they don't like. We have brought in one defensive player under Ryan who has met or exceeded expectations.

Ryan is a failure of a head coach better teams passed over.

#6 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

no question I am no football genius...if I was, some NFL team would be camped on my lawn trying to woo me into a job. Wait a sec * * * * ok, just checked out of my window...no one there.

What I do NOT understand is our acquisitions in the draft & off seasons. Lets roll the clock back 3 years. Sanchez just lost in the AFC chip. What did we do to develop our QB? Other than DK, who has he had to build a rapport/confidence with catching the ball. Coaching that did EVERYTHING BUT say, "kid, red light green light. We just dont trust you to try n win a game, so dont lose it"

Why cant we develop players & grow em at home? HATE to admit it, but the G@YTRIOTS do just that. We will give away the farm for questionable players, break the piggy bank for cancer (& I dont mean cancer research for a cure)

We have a pair of probowlers (home grown) & 3 1st rounders on the line & yet 2 seconds is a stretch to expect protection for a QB.

I didnt like the Sanchez pick up (thought we gave up to much to move up for him), after 3 games everyone was putting him in the hall of fame! I still wasnt supporting him. Midway through the season, AFTER the lumps, seeing his bounce back I was all in. Now we have him PERIOD. Tebag is NOT the answer (thats why Denver is sitting at the poker table with a fat Cuban in their mouth, all the chips & a smirk for us dealing for tebag)

Wilson isnt a bust, but needs to VASTLY improve, Wilkerson hasnt been more than a few traffic headlines, Coples (although he has already surpassed V Gholstons production) hasnt even been a flare in the sky of duress)

What we ARE constant with: pissing away rounds 2,3 - 7 away; take has beens/wont ever be's; your head ache is our golden ticket; revolving door of receivers & not developing or giving our QB weapons to work with.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

People can bad mouth Sanchez, but they can't pretend the team has built around him. Want to say we should bring in a better option? Manning laughed us off. Know why? Holmes, schillens, Burress. Those are the receivers we pursue. Do you think a star QB wants a coach whose offensively philosophy if solely based on running or Sporano?

We have, arguably, one of the worst sets of receivers in the league.

#8 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostarizonaJETSfan, on 29 October 2012 - 06:19 AM, said:

no question I am no football genius...if I was, some NFL team would be camped on my lawn trying to woo me into a job. Wait a sec * * * * ok, just checked out of my window...no one there.

What I do NOT understand is our acquisitions in the draft & off seasons. Lets roll the clock back 3 years. Sanchez just lost in the AFC chip. What did we do to develop our QB? Other than DK, who has he had to build a rapport/confidence with catching the ball. Coaching that did EVERYTHING BUT say, "kid, red light green light. We just dont trust you to try n win a game, so dont lose it"

Why cant we develop players & grow em at home? HATE to admit it, but the G@YTRIOTS do just that. We will give away the farm for questionable players, break the piggy bank for cancer (& I dont mean cancer research for a cure)

We have a pair of probowlers (home grown) & 3 1st rounders on the line & yet 2 seconds is a stretch to expect protection for a QB.

I didnt like the Sanchez pick up (thought we gave up to much to move up for him), after 3 games everyone was putting him in the hall of fame! I still wasnt supporting him. Midway through the season, AFTER the lumps, seeing his bounce back I was all in. Now we have him PERIOD. Tebag is NOT the answer (thats why Denver is sitting at the poker table with a fat Cuban in their mouth, all the chips & a smirk for us dealing for tebag)

Wilson isnt a bust, but needs to VASTLY improve, Wilkerson hasnt been more than a few traffic headlines, Coples (although he has already surpassed V Gholstons production) hasnt even been a flare in the sky of duress)

What we ARE constant with: pissing away rounds 2,3 - 7 away; take has beens/wont ever be's; your head ache is our golden ticket; revolving door of receivers & not developing or giving our QB weapons to work with.

Posted Image

Totally agree. nice post

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users