NYJetsFan.com Forums: Coaches Who'll Get Fired - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) Jets starting Geno again.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) FIRE IDZIK,
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) I really hope the JEts completely clean house this offseason and get rid of everyone, it's time.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 AM) We need to keep getting embarrassed every week to ensure that. That is why I don't give a shit about getting destroyed, it makes the team look like more of a joke and forces Woody to make real changes
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:14 AM) happy thanksgiving everyone!
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Coaches Who'll Get Fired

#21 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 31 October 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

1) We might have replaced them with lesser players, but they also got raises. You can't keep everyone. All those guys have had issues and the team was right to let other teams have them.

2) This is just making excuses. The HC came in and wanted a guy, vouched for him, etc. To try and put blame on Tanny for that is just making excusss cor Ryan's favoritism.

We dont need everyone but we do need to fill holes. Are you saying coming into this year we were set at WR, RT, S ect.... We could have kept BE for a million a year. I dont know what woody wanted but I am sure it was not huge $. You have to have a solid player at every position. You do not let a guy like BE go for a million when you dont have a replacement. Instead we paid Burress $3 million. Bad move on Tannys part.

As far as excuses go.... it is more of a reason. There is a reason for everything. I am not saying Rex is the perfect coach but no coach would take this team to a SB. This team has too many missing parts.
Posted Image
0

#22 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 238
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 31 October 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

We dont need everyone but we do need to fill holes. Are you saying coming into this year we were set at WR, RT, S ect.... We could have kept BE for a million a year. I dont know what woody wanted but I am sure it was not huge $. You have to have a solid player at every position. You do not let a guy like BE go for a million when you dont have a replacement. Instead we paid Burress $3 million. Bad move on Tannys part.

As far as excuses go.... it is more of a reason. There is a reason for everything. I am not saying Rex is the perfect coach but no coach would take this team to a SB. This team has too many missing parts.


I'm tired of saying this, but the first few years of Mike T's time as GM we made mostly good decisions a.d the last few has been mostly bad. The only difference I am aware of is the coaching staff. From which I infer he relies on his HC for input on player decisions and that Ryan sucks at it.

Other people infer that he just sucks all of a sudden, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#23 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 31 October 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

I'm tired of saying this, but the first few years of Mike T's time as GM we made mostly good decisions a.d the last few has been mostly bad. The only difference I am aware of is the coaching staff. From which I infer he relies on his HC for input on player decisions and that Ryan sucks at it.

Other people infer that he just sucks all of a sudden, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

So what you are saying is Tanny needs help from the coaching staff to evaluate players? You are saying Mangini was better? If that is the case...

1) Tanny should not be a GM.
2) The owner should realize he could be a good GM but he needs help in this area.

Woody either needs to move on or he needs to beef up the scouting staff to help him because according to you it is clear Rex and the coaching staff cant pick talent which should not be there job. Mangini was fired for a reason. He was good at seeing talent but sucked as a HC.

I am not saying Tanny sucks. I am saying the team is where it is because of bad decisions and lack of talent on the current roster on Tannys part more so than Rex's ability to coach.
Posted Image
0

#24 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 238
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 01 November 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

So what you are saying is Tanny needs help from the coaching staff to evaluate players? You are saying Mangini was better? If that is the case...

1) Tanny should not be a GM.
2) The owner should realize he could be a good GM but he needs help in this area.

Woody either needs to move on or he needs to beef up the scouting staff to help him because according to you it is clear Rex and the coaching staff cant pick talent which should not be there job. Mangini was fired for a reason. He was good at seeing talent but sucked as a HC.

I am not saying Tanny sucks. I am saying the team is where it is because of bad decisions and lack of talent on the current roster on Tannys part more so than Rex's ability to coach.

I'm saying people have strengths and they have weaknesses. How many GMs and coaches and players can do it all?

Mike T is great with contracts, so either hire someone amazing or bring in a good evaluator of talent. Ryan is obviouslyya crappy evaluator and I see nothing to show he is a good Head Coach. Our defense gets worse every year under him and I can only assume he has a fair amount of say in who gets brought in and certainly in who gets used. Putting offense-side decisions on Tanny is one thing, but blaming him for the declining state of the defense is another.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#25 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 01 November 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

I'm saying people have strengths and they have weaknesses. How many GMs and coaches and players can do it all?

Mike T is great with contracts, so either hire someone amazing or bring in a good evaluator of talent. Ryan is obviouslyya crappy evaluator and I see nothing to show he is a good Head Coach. Our defense gets worse every year under him and I can only assume he has a fair amount of say in who gets brought in and certainly in who gets used. Putting offense-side decisions on Tanny is one thing, but blaming him for the declining state of the defense is another.

I think we are in agreement we need better talent scouts. We disagree about Ryan being a good HC. Keep in mind we have lost players like Ellis, Jenkins, Rhodes and Leonard over the past few years and replaced with Pouah (sp) and young picks that need to develop. We added the best safteys availible in FA but one is way past his prime and the other only cares about the big hit. Again we have lost players and replaced with lessor talent. I am not saying the young picks wont be good but right now they are not playing at the level we need them to.
Posted Image
0

#26 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

it would surprise me if Rex stayed and I would be shocked if he left. Usually coaches (not named Marin Lewis) only get a shot with 1 QB. If he sucks and fails so does the head coach. Often times.
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users