NYJetsFan.com Forums: Coaches Who'll Get Fired - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

MNF - Jets vs Miami
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 November 2014 - 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Chaos Icon : (27 November 2014 - 11:14 AM) happy thanksgiving everyone!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 November 2014 - 04:53 PM) I hope Dirty Sanchez gets beat by the Cowgirls even though I would prefer to see a tie so neither team wins
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 November 2014 - 05:00 PM) Look at what a great system can do for a QB, Sanchez looks like a different QB with the Eagles.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 November 2014 - 05:00 PM) Scanning the field and making quick decisions, I like how Chip has Sanchez throwing on the run which he was always great at.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 November 2014 - 05:01 PM) I really hope we finally bring in a good offensive minded coach.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 November 2014 - 05:45 PM) I really can't wait for this season to be done and over with
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:14 PM) SUCK THE DUCK!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:14 PM) WOOOOOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:14 PM) Happy Mr_Jet?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:18 PM) Ray Rice has been reinstated!
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:19 PM) Sign him!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:28 PM) Can he pass block?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:23 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:17 PM) could you imagine the media shit storm if the jets sign Ray Rice?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:18 PM) ray rice is probably done with the nfl. he had a down year and then he got himself kicked out of the nfl for a year. idk if anyone is going to want to take the risk.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:19 PM) maybe wherever Schiano ends up next?
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Coaches Who'll Get Fired

#21 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 31 October 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

1) We might have replaced them with lesser players, but they also got raises. You can't keep everyone. All those guys have had issues and the team was right to let other teams have them.

2) This is just making excuses. The HC came in and wanted a guy, vouched for him, etc. To try and put blame on Tanny for that is just making excusss cor Ryan's favoritism.

We dont need everyone but we do need to fill holes. Are you saying coming into this year we were set at WR, RT, S ect.... We could have kept BE for a million a year. I dont know what woody wanted but I am sure it was not huge $. You have to have a solid player at every position. You do not let a guy like BE go for a million when you dont have a replacement. Instead we paid Burress $3 million. Bad move on Tannys part.

As far as excuses go.... it is more of a reason. There is a reason for everything. I am not saying Rex is the perfect coach but no coach would take this team to a SB. This team has too many missing parts.
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 31 October 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

We dont need everyone but we do need to fill holes. Are you saying coming into this year we were set at WR, RT, S ect.... We could have kept BE for a million a year. I dont know what woody wanted but I am sure it was not huge $. You have to have a solid player at every position. You do not let a guy like BE go for a million when you dont have a replacement. Instead we paid Burress $3 million. Bad move on Tannys part.

As far as excuses go.... it is more of a reason. There is a reason for everything. I am not saying Rex is the perfect coach but no coach would take this team to a SB. This team has too many missing parts.

I'm tired of saying this, but the first few years of Mike T's time as GM we made mostly good decisions a.d the last few has been mostly bad. The only difference I am aware of is the coaching staff. From which I infer he relies on his HC for input on player decisions and that Ryan sucks at it.

Other people infer that he just sucks all of a sudden, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#23 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 31 October 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

I'm tired of saying this, but the first few years of Mike T's time as GM we made mostly good decisions a.d the last few has been mostly bad. The only difference I am aware of is the coaching staff. From which I infer he relies on his HC for input on player decisions and that Ryan sucks at it.

Other people infer that he just sucks all of a sudden, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

So what you are saying is Tanny needs help from the coaching staff to evaluate players? You are saying Mangini was better? If that is the case...

1) Tanny should not be a GM.
2) The owner should realize he could be a good GM but he needs help in this area.

Woody either needs to move on or he needs to beef up the scouting staff to help him because according to you it is clear Rex and the coaching staff cant pick talent which should not be there job. Mangini was fired for a reason. He was good at seeing talent but sucked as a HC.

I am not saying Tanny sucks. I am saying the team is where it is because of bad decisions and lack of talent on the current roster on Tannys part more so than Rex's ability to coach.
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 01 November 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

So what you are saying is Tanny needs help from the coaching staff to evaluate players? You are saying Mangini was better? If that is the case...

1) Tanny should not be a GM.
2) The owner should realize he could be a good GM but he needs help in this area.

Woody either needs to move on or he needs to beef up the scouting staff to help him because according to you it is clear Rex and the coaching staff cant pick talent which should not be there job. Mangini was fired for a reason. He was good at seeing talent but sucked as a HC.

I am not saying Tanny sucks. I am saying the team is where it is because of bad decisions and lack of talent on the current roster on Tannys part more so than Rex's ability to coach.

I'm saying people have strengths and they have weaknesses. How many GMs and coaches and players can do it all?

Mike T is great with contracts, so either hire someone amazing or bring in a good evaluator of talent. Ryan is obviouslyya crappy evaluator and I see nothing to show he is a good Head Coach. Our defense gets worse every year under him and I can only assume he has a fair amount of say in who gets brought in and certainly in who gets used. Putting offense-side decisions on Tanny is one thing, but blaming him for the declining state of the defense is another.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#25 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 01 November 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

I'm saying people have strengths and they have weaknesses. How many GMs and coaches and players can do it all?

Mike T is great with contracts, so either hire someone amazing or bring in a good evaluator of talent. Ryan is obviouslyya crappy evaluator and I see nothing to show he is a good Head Coach. Our defense gets worse every year under him and I can only assume he has a fair amount of say in who gets brought in and certainly in who gets used. Putting offense-side decisions on Tanny is one thing, but blaming him for the declining state of the defense is another.

I think we are in agreement we need better talent scouts. We disagree about Ryan being a good HC. Keep in mind we have lost players like Ellis, Jenkins, Rhodes and Leonard over the past few years and replaced with Pouah (sp) and young picks that need to develop. We added the best safteys availible in FA but one is way past his prime and the other only cares about the big hit. Again we have lost players and replaced with lessor talent. I am not saying the young picks wont be good but right now they are not playing at the level we need them to.
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

it would surprise me if Rex stayed and I would be shocked if he left. Usually coaches (not named Marin Lewis) only get a shot with 1 QB. If he sucks and fails so does the head coach. Often times.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users