NYJetsFan.com Forums: Coaches Who'll Get Fired - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:28 PM) streets is real
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Coaches Who'll Get Fired

#21 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 31 October 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

1) We might have replaced them with lesser players, but they also got raises. You can't keep everyone. All those guys have had issues and the team was right to let other teams have them.

2) This is just making excuses. The HC came in and wanted a guy, vouched for him, etc. To try and put blame on Tanny for that is just making excusss cor Ryan's favoritism.

We dont need everyone but we do need to fill holes. Are you saying coming into this year we were set at WR, RT, S ect.... We could have kept BE for a million a year. I dont know what woody wanted but I am sure it was not huge $. You have to have a solid player at every position. You do not let a guy like BE go for a million when you dont have a replacement. Instead we paid Burress $3 million. Bad move on Tannys part.

As far as excuses go.... it is more of a reason. There is a reason for everything. I am not saying Rex is the perfect coach but no coach would take this team to a SB. This team has too many missing parts.
Posted Image

#22 User is online   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 31 October 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

We dont need everyone but we do need to fill holes. Are you saying coming into this year we were set at WR, RT, S ect.... We could have kept BE for a million a year. I dont know what woody wanted but I am sure it was not huge $. You have to have a solid player at every position. You do not let a guy like BE go for a million when you dont have a replacement. Instead we paid Burress $3 million. Bad move on Tannys part.

As far as excuses go.... it is more of a reason. There is a reason for everything. I am not saying Rex is the perfect coach but no coach would take this team to a SB. This team has too many missing parts.

I'm tired of saying this, but the first few years of Mike T's time as GM we made mostly good decisions a.d the last few has been mostly bad. The only difference I am aware of is the coaching staff. From which I infer he relies on his HC for input on player decisions and that Ryan sucks at it.

Other people infer that he just sucks all of a sudden, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#23 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 31 October 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

I'm tired of saying this, but the first few years of Mike T's time as GM we made mostly good decisions a.d the last few has been mostly bad. The only difference I am aware of is the coaching staff. From which I infer he relies on his HC for input on player decisions and that Ryan sucks at it.

Other people infer that he just sucks all of a sudden, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

So what you are saying is Tanny needs help from the coaching staff to evaluate players? You are saying Mangini was better? If that is the case...

1) Tanny should not be a GM.
2) The owner should realize he could be a good GM but he needs help in this area.

Woody either needs to move on or he needs to beef up the scouting staff to help him because according to you it is clear Rex and the coaching staff cant pick talent which should not be there job. Mangini was fired for a reason. He was good at seeing talent but sucked as a HC.

I am not saying Tanny sucks. I am saying the team is where it is because of bad decisions and lack of talent on the current roster on Tannys part more so than Rex's ability to coach.
Posted Image

#24 User is online   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 01 November 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

So what you are saying is Tanny needs help from the coaching staff to evaluate players? You are saying Mangini was better? If that is the case...

1) Tanny should not be a GM.
2) The owner should realize he could be a good GM but he needs help in this area.

Woody either needs to move on or he needs to beef up the scouting staff to help him because according to you it is clear Rex and the coaching staff cant pick talent which should not be there job. Mangini was fired for a reason. He was good at seeing talent but sucked as a HC.

I am not saying Tanny sucks. I am saying the team is where it is because of bad decisions and lack of talent on the current roster on Tannys part more so than Rex's ability to coach.

I'm saying people have strengths and they have weaknesses. How many GMs and coaches and players can do it all?

Mike T is great with contracts, so either hire someone amazing or bring in a good evaluator of talent. Ryan is obviouslyya crappy evaluator and I see nothing to show he is a good Head Coach. Our defense gets worse every year under him and I can only assume he has a fair amount of say in who gets brought in and certainly in who gets used. Putting offense-side decisions on Tanny is one thing, but blaming him for the declining state of the defense is another.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#25 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 01 November 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

I'm saying people have strengths and they have weaknesses. How many GMs and coaches and players can do it all?

Mike T is great with contracts, so either hire someone amazing or bring in a good evaluator of talent. Ryan is obviouslyya crappy evaluator and I see nothing to show he is a good Head Coach. Our defense gets worse every year under him and I can only assume he has a fair amount of say in who gets brought in and certainly in who gets used. Putting offense-side decisions on Tanny is one thing, but blaming him for the declining state of the defense is another.

I think we are in agreement we need better talent scouts. We disagree about Ryan being a good HC. Keep in mind we have lost players like Ellis, Jenkins, Rhodes and Leonard over the past few years and replaced with Pouah (sp) and young picks that need to develop. We added the best safteys availible in FA but one is way past his prime and the other only cares about the big hit. Again we have lost players and replaced with lessor talent. I am not saying the young picks wont be good but right now they are not playing at the level we need them to.
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

it would surprise me if Rex stayed and I would be shocked if he left. Usually coaches (not named Marin Lewis) only get a shot with 1 QB. If he sucks and fails so does the head coach. Often times.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users