NYJetsFan.com Forums: Coaches Who'll Get Fired - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 10:22 PM) Titans may pull this one out!
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:17 PM) Or not
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:18 PM) Mettle burger a 6th rounder played better than Geno or Sanchez
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) all these players that got cut today cause they bitched about touches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:35 PM) Ben Tate, LaGarret Blount and Jason Avant
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 01:37 PM) aldaon smith did too, but he didn't get cut
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) ALDAON SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) TEH MILBER
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) Fuck you lol ;)
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) and it was brooks anyway ;)
santana Icon : (19 November 2014 - 11:36 PM) Titties
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:46 AM) Raul is bringing nothing to the table
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:47 AM) TEH TABLE
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 12:59 PM) he really doesnt
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 12:59 PM) besides funding the site
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:00 PM) Looks like the game will be moved to Monday night in either Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Washington DC.
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:55 PM) that makes it sound like I AM THE TABLE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 November 2014 - 03:36 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:28 PM) lets go chaaaaaaaales
azjetfan Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:37 PM) We want raiders to win
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:59 PM) Michael Irvin pre-game, "Jamaal Charles makes defenders look like Ray Charles"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:00 PM) JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit as per Fox Sports Mike Garafalo
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) word
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) i wonder how much tickets could be
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) murray bringing it to the table for 05
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) well bringing it to his bench
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:22 PM) Unreal. My fantasy luck is awesome
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:25 PM) GIOVANI OCHO SANTOS
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:56 PM) RAUL IS TEH TABLE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Coaches Who'll Get Fired

#21 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,976
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 31 October 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

1) We might have replaced them with lesser players, but they also got raises. You can't keep everyone. All those guys have had issues and the team was right to let other teams have them.

2) This is just making excuses. The HC came in and wanted a guy, vouched for him, etc. To try and put blame on Tanny for that is just making excusss cor Ryan's favoritism.

We dont need everyone but we do need to fill holes. Are you saying coming into this year we were set at WR, RT, S ect.... We could have kept BE for a million a year. I dont know what woody wanted but I am sure it was not huge $. You have to have a solid player at every position. You do not let a guy like BE go for a million when you dont have a replacement. Instead we paid Burress $3 million. Bad move on Tannys part.

As far as excuses go.... it is more of a reason. There is a reason for everything. I am not saying Rex is the perfect coach but no coach would take this team to a SB. This team has too many missing parts.
Posted Image
0

#22 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 234
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 31 October 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

We dont need everyone but we do need to fill holes. Are you saying coming into this year we were set at WR, RT, S ect.... We could have kept BE for a million a year. I dont know what woody wanted but I am sure it was not huge $. You have to have a solid player at every position. You do not let a guy like BE go for a million when you dont have a replacement. Instead we paid Burress $3 million. Bad move on Tannys part.

As far as excuses go.... it is more of a reason. There is a reason for everything. I am not saying Rex is the perfect coach but no coach would take this team to a SB. This team has too many missing parts.


I'm tired of saying this, but the first few years of Mike T's time as GM we made mostly good decisions a.d the last few has been mostly bad. The only difference I am aware of is the coaching staff. From which I infer he relies on his HC for input on player decisions and that Ryan sucks at it.

Other people infer that he just sucks all of a sudden, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#23 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,976
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 31 October 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

I'm tired of saying this, but the first few years of Mike T's time as GM we made mostly good decisions a.d the last few has been mostly bad. The only difference I am aware of is the coaching staff. From which I infer he relies on his HC for input on player decisions and that Ryan sucks at it.

Other people infer that he just sucks all of a sudden, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

So what you are saying is Tanny needs help from the coaching staff to evaluate players? You are saying Mangini was better? If that is the case...

1) Tanny should not be a GM.
2) The owner should realize he could be a good GM but he needs help in this area.

Woody either needs to move on or he needs to beef up the scouting staff to help him because according to you it is clear Rex and the coaching staff cant pick talent which should not be there job. Mangini was fired for a reason. He was good at seeing talent but sucked as a HC.

I am not saying Tanny sucks. I am saying the team is where it is because of bad decisions and lack of talent on the current roster on Tannys part more so than Rex's ability to coach.
Posted Image
0

#24 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 234
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 01 November 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

So what you are saying is Tanny needs help from the coaching staff to evaluate players? You are saying Mangini was better? If that is the case...

1) Tanny should not be a GM.
2) The owner should realize he could be a good GM but he needs help in this area.

Woody either needs to move on or he needs to beef up the scouting staff to help him because according to you it is clear Rex and the coaching staff cant pick talent which should not be there job. Mangini was fired for a reason. He was good at seeing talent but sucked as a HC.

I am not saying Tanny sucks. I am saying the team is where it is because of bad decisions and lack of talent on the current roster on Tannys part more so than Rex's ability to coach.

I'm saying people have strengths and they have weaknesses. How many GMs and coaches and players can do it all?

Mike T is great with contracts, so either hire someone amazing or bring in a good evaluator of talent. Ryan is obviouslyya crappy evaluator and I see nothing to show he is a good Head Coach. Our defense gets worse every year under him and I can only assume he has a fair amount of say in who gets brought in and certainly in who gets used. Putting offense-side decisions on Tanny is one thing, but blaming him for the declining state of the defense is another.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#25 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,976
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 01 November 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

I'm saying people have strengths and they have weaknesses. How many GMs and coaches and players can do it all?

Mike T is great with contracts, so either hire someone amazing or bring in a good evaluator of talent. Ryan is obviouslyya crappy evaluator and I see nothing to show he is a good Head Coach. Our defense gets worse every year under him and I can only assume he has a fair amount of say in who gets brought in and certainly in who gets used. Putting offense-side decisions on Tanny is one thing, but blaming him for the declining state of the defense is another.

I think we are in agreement we need better talent scouts. We disagree about Ryan being a good HC. Keep in mind we have lost players like Ellis, Jenkins, Rhodes and Leonard over the past few years and replaced with Pouah (sp) and young picks that need to develop. We added the best safteys availible in FA but one is way past his prime and the other only cares about the big hit. Again we have lost players and replaced with lessor talent. I am not saying the young picks wont be good but right now they are not playing at the level we need them to.
Posted Image
0

#26 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

it would surprise me if Rex stayed and I would be shocked if he left. Usually coaches (not named Marin Lewis) only get a shot with 1 QB. If he sucks and fails so does the head coach. Often times.
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users