NYJetsFan.com Forums: Coaches Who'll Get Fired - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:40 PM) Snell
santana Icon : (Today, 02:41 PM) The title race is real
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Today, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Today, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (Today, 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (Today, 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (Today, 11:01 PM) WOO
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Coaches Who'll Get Fired

#21 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,760
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 31 October 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

1) We might have replaced them with lesser players, but they also got raises. You can't keep everyone. All those guys have had issues and the team was right to let other teams have them.

2) This is just making excuses. The HC came in and wanted a guy, vouched for him, etc. To try and put blame on Tanny for that is just making excusss cor Ryan's favoritism.

We dont need everyone but we do need to fill holes. Are you saying coming into this year we were set at WR, RT, S ect.... We could have kept BE for a million a year. I dont know what woody wanted but I am sure it was not huge $. You have to have a solid player at every position. You do not let a guy like BE go for a million when you dont have a replacement. Instead we paid Burress $3 million. Bad move on Tannys part.

As far as excuses go.... it is more of a reason. There is a reason for everything. I am not saying Rex is the perfect coach but no coach would take this team to a SB. This team has too many missing parts.
Posted Image
0

#22 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 197
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 31 October 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

We dont need everyone but we do need to fill holes. Are you saying coming into this year we were set at WR, RT, S ect.... We could have kept BE for a million a year. I dont know what woody wanted but I am sure it was not huge $. You have to have a solid player at every position. You do not let a guy like BE go for a million when you dont have a replacement. Instead we paid Burress $3 million. Bad move on Tannys part.

As far as excuses go.... it is more of a reason. There is a reason for everything. I am not saying Rex is the perfect coach but no coach would take this team to a SB. This team has too many missing parts.


I'm tired of saying this, but the first few years of Mike T's time as GM we made mostly good decisions a.d the last few has been mostly bad. The only difference I am aware of is the coaching staff. From which I infer he relies on his HC for input on player decisions and that Ryan sucks at it.

Other people infer that he just sucks all of a sudden, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#23 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,760
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 31 October 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

I'm tired of saying this, but the first few years of Mike T's time as GM we made mostly good decisions a.d the last few has been mostly bad. The only difference I am aware of is the coaching staff. From which I infer he relies on his HC for input on player decisions and that Ryan sucks at it.

Other people infer that he just sucks all of a sudden, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

So what you are saying is Tanny needs help from the coaching staff to evaluate players? You are saying Mangini was better? If that is the case...

1) Tanny should not be a GM.
2) The owner should realize he could be a good GM but he needs help in this area.

Woody either needs to move on or he needs to beef up the scouting staff to help him because according to you it is clear Rex and the coaching staff cant pick talent which should not be there job. Mangini was fired for a reason. He was good at seeing talent but sucked as a HC.

I am not saying Tanny sucks. I am saying the team is where it is because of bad decisions and lack of talent on the current roster on Tannys part more so than Rex's ability to coach.
Posted Image
0

#24 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 197
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 01 November 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

So what you are saying is Tanny needs help from the coaching staff to evaluate players? You are saying Mangini was better? If that is the case...

1) Tanny should not be a GM.
2) The owner should realize he could be a good GM but he needs help in this area.

Woody either needs to move on or he needs to beef up the scouting staff to help him because according to you it is clear Rex and the coaching staff cant pick talent which should not be there job. Mangini was fired for a reason. He was good at seeing talent but sucked as a HC.

I am not saying Tanny sucks. I am saying the team is where it is because of bad decisions and lack of talent on the current roster on Tannys part more so than Rex's ability to coach.

I'm saying people have strengths and they have weaknesses. How many GMs and coaches and players can do it all?

Mike T is great with contracts, so either hire someone amazing or bring in a good evaluator of talent. Ryan is obviouslyya crappy evaluator and I see nothing to show he is a good Head Coach. Our defense gets worse every year under him and I can only assume he has a fair amount of say in who gets brought in and certainly in who gets used. Putting offense-side decisions on Tanny is one thing, but blaming him for the declining state of the defense is another.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#25 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,760
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 01 November 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

I'm saying people have strengths and they have weaknesses. How many GMs and coaches and players can do it all?

Mike T is great with contracts, so either hire someone amazing or bring in a good evaluator of talent. Ryan is obviouslyya crappy evaluator and I see nothing to show he is a good Head Coach. Our defense gets worse every year under him and I can only assume he has a fair amount of say in who gets brought in and certainly in who gets used. Putting offense-side decisions on Tanny is one thing, but blaming him for the declining state of the defense is another.

I think we are in agreement we need better talent scouts. We disagree about Ryan being a good HC. Keep in mind we have lost players like Ellis, Jenkins, Rhodes and Leonard over the past few years and replaced with Pouah (sp) and young picks that need to develop. We added the best safteys availible in FA but one is way past his prime and the other only cares about the big hit. Again we have lost players and replaced with lessor talent. I am not saying the young picks wont be good but right now they are not playing at the level we need them to.
Posted Image
0

#26 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,128
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

it would surprise me if Rex stayed and I would be shocked if he left. Usually coaches (not named Marin Lewis) only get a shot with 1 QB. If he sucks and fails so does the head coach. Often times.
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users