NYJetsFan.com Forums: Coaches Who'll Get Fired - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

SECRETS AND LIES NOTHING BUT SECRETS AND LIES!!
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 11:36 AM) 5th rounder going to Bears
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 11:37 AM) Probably means no Cooper or White now. Hopefully that trade with Eagles happens and we trade down
santana Icon : (Today, 11:51 AM) Cooper is pooper
santana Icon : (Today, 11:51 AM) need cutler
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:51 AM) Raiders are taking cooper
santana Icon : (Today, 11:51 AM) 2010 me is so excited
santana Icon : (Today, 11:53 AM) http://i.imgur.com/ZD7ljLV.gif
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 01:39 PM) So with the legal tampering period starting tomorrow who are we targeting?
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 01:40 PM) I am sure Maxwell, Cro McCourtney will be rumored but who else?
Chaos Icon : (Today, 01:49 PM) revis?
Chaos Icon : (Today, 01:49 PM) hopefully some linemen
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 01:50 PM) FIRE MACCAGNAN
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:10 PM) FIRE BOWLES!
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:12 PM) Mike Iupati?
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:13 PM) Bryan Bulaga?
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:13 PM) Orlando Franklin had a great year at Guard last year
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:20 PM) TRADE MARSHALL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:21 PM) CUT WILKERSON
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:21 PM) MOVE TO LA
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:21 PM) Would love any of those 3
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:22 PM) Iupati for sure though
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:25 PM) From my understanding Snacks is a RFA? So we can match whatever deal he is offered?
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:26 PM) So we need to Address the O-line and HB depth on Offense.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:26 PM) The secondary and OLB on D
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:27 PM) We have a shit pot of Money and 5 picks.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:27 PM) I hope Gailey can fix this Offense.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:28 PM) I feel like I am ranting like GG2003
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:29 PM) FIRE HARRIS!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 02:46 PM) We can get all the weapons we can get to load the weapon but until the JETS have a QB
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 02:46 PM) we will be wasting talent
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 02:46 PM) and the worst thing in life is WASTED TALENT!!! - A BRONX TALE
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:08 PM) One of the most positive things that this Marshall signing brings is Amaro getting more balls thrown to him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:08 PM) and we'll finally have legitimate size at WR in the redzone
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:08 PM) but still the biggest issue is QB
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:09 PM) we can get monsters at WR but without a QB to throw them the ball, it's a waste of talent
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:30 PM) Or maybe its a waste of a QB with no WRs to throw to.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:53 PM) Or anyone to block for him
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 05:17 PM) fire em all
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:37 PM) Get pumped that we have actual wr talent now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:25 PM) being that the JETS haven't had a WR go over 1,000 yards since 2007 when J-CO did it, is pretty indicative how bad our WR corps and subsequently our QB play has been
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:27 PM) and that was Chad's last year as a NEW YORK JET
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:35 PM) and as far as Harris getting re-signed the only good thing is he is not going to end up with the bills other than that...he's not worth 15 mil guaranteed
santana Icon : (Today, 08:30 PM) FIRE MARSHALL
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 08:46 PM) TRADE RAUL
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 08:46 PM) DIRTY STREET THUG
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Coaches Who'll Get Fired

#21 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,093
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 31 October 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

1) We might have replaced them with lesser players, but they also got raises. You can't keep everyone. All those guys have had issues and the team was right to let other teams have them.

2) This is just making excuses. The HC came in and wanted a guy, vouched for him, etc. To try and put blame on Tanny for that is just making excusss cor Ryan's favoritism.

We dont need everyone but we do need to fill holes. Are you saying coming into this year we were set at WR, RT, S ect.... We could have kept BE for a million a year. I dont know what woody wanted but I am sure it was not huge $. You have to have a solid player at every position. You do not let a guy like BE go for a million when you dont have a replacement. Instead we paid Burress $3 million. Bad move on Tannys part.

As far as excuses go.... it is more of a reason. There is a reason for everything. I am not saying Rex is the perfect coach but no coach would take this team to a SB. This team has too many missing parts.
Posted Image
0

#22 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 272
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 31 October 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

We dont need everyone but we do need to fill holes. Are you saying coming into this year we were set at WR, RT, S ect.... We could have kept BE for a million a year. I dont know what woody wanted but I am sure it was not huge $. You have to have a solid player at every position. You do not let a guy like BE go for a million when you dont have a replacement. Instead we paid Burress $3 million. Bad move on Tannys part.

As far as excuses go.... it is more of a reason. There is a reason for everything. I am not saying Rex is the perfect coach but no coach would take this team to a SB. This team has too many missing parts.


I'm tired of saying this, but the first few years of Mike T's time as GM we made mostly good decisions a.d the last few has been mostly bad. The only difference I am aware of is the coaching staff. From which I infer he relies on his HC for input on player decisions and that Ryan sucks at it.

Other people infer that he just sucks all of a sudden, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#23 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,093
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 31 October 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

I'm tired of saying this, but the first few years of Mike T's time as GM we made mostly good decisions a.d the last few has been mostly bad. The only difference I am aware of is the coaching staff. From which I infer he relies on his HC for input on player decisions and that Ryan sucks at it.

Other people infer that he just sucks all of a sudden, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

So what you are saying is Tanny needs help from the coaching staff to evaluate players? You are saying Mangini was better? If that is the case...

1) Tanny should not be a GM.
2) The owner should realize he could be a good GM but he needs help in this area.

Woody either needs to move on or he needs to beef up the scouting staff to help him because according to you it is clear Rex and the coaching staff cant pick talent which should not be there job. Mangini was fired for a reason. He was good at seeing talent but sucked as a HC.

I am not saying Tanny sucks. I am saying the team is where it is because of bad decisions and lack of talent on the current roster on Tannys part more so than Rex's ability to coach.
Posted Image
0

#24 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 272
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 01 November 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

So what you are saying is Tanny needs help from the coaching staff to evaluate players? You are saying Mangini was better? If that is the case...

1) Tanny should not be a GM.
2) The owner should realize he could be a good GM but he needs help in this area.

Woody either needs to move on or he needs to beef up the scouting staff to help him because according to you it is clear Rex and the coaching staff cant pick talent which should not be there job. Mangini was fired for a reason. He was good at seeing talent but sucked as a HC.

I am not saying Tanny sucks. I am saying the team is where it is because of bad decisions and lack of talent on the current roster on Tannys part more so than Rex's ability to coach.

I'm saying people have strengths and they have weaknesses. How many GMs and coaches and players can do it all?

Mike T is great with contracts, so either hire someone amazing or bring in a good evaluator of talent. Ryan is obviouslyya crappy evaluator and I see nothing to show he is a good Head Coach. Our defense gets worse every year under him and I can only assume he has a fair amount of say in who gets brought in and certainly in who gets used. Putting offense-side decisions on Tanny is one thing, but blaming him for the declining state of the defense is another.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#25 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,093
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 01 November 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

I'm saying people have strengths and they have weaknesses. How many GMs and coaches and players can do it all?

Mike T is great with contracts, so either hire someone amazing or bring in a good evaluator of talent. Ryan is obviouslyya crappy evaluator and I see nothing to show he is a good Head Coach. Our defense gets worse every year under him and I can only assume he has a fair amount of say in who gets brought in and certainly in who gets used. Putting offense-side decisions on Tanny is one thing, but blaming him for the declining state of the defense is another.

I think we are in agreement we need better talent scouts. We disagree about Ryan being a good HC. Keep in mind we have lost players like Ellis, Jenkins, Rhodes and Leonard over the past few years and replaced with Pouah (sp) and young picks that need to develop. We added the best safteys availible in FA but one is way past his prime and the other only cares about the big hit. Again we have lost players and replaced with lessor talent. I am not saying the young picks wont be good but right now they are not playing at the level we need them to.
Posted Image
0

#26 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

it would surprise me if Rex stayed and I would be shocked if he left. Usually coaches (not named Marin Lewis) only get a shot with 1 QB. If he sucks and fails so does the head coach. Often times.
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users