NYJetsFan.com Forums: Its Not Great, But Dk Is Right! - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

"We're not a bad football team; we just do stupid stuff," said Eric Decker
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:28 PM) Jose Canseco just pulled a Plaxico Burress.
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:01 PM) Shot himself in the leg?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Shot his middle finger
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:09 PM) Suck for the Duck
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Milber didnt die for this
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:30 PM) How pissed are we all going to be if Vick comes in and wins a bunch of games knocking us out of the top 5 picks?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Today, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Today, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Today, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Today, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Today, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Today, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Today, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Today, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Its Not Great, But Dk Is Right! lets stand WITH our QB!

#1 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Dustin Keller heard the crowd chanting for Tim Tebow, and he didn't appreciate it. He doesn't think it's fair to Mark Sanchez. "I'm a big Tebow fan, but I'm not a big fan of screaming to get the backup quarterback in," Keller said after the Jets' 30-9 loss Sunday to the Dolphins. "I feel like fans should have the starting quarterback's back until they do officially make some type of change. If you're a fan, you should be cheering for the starting quarterback. "I feel like, at times, people weren't standing behind Mark," he continued. "He's going to get this thing turned around. He knows that we, his teammates, have his back. Hell, we believe in him and we will get this turned around."Antonio Cromartie threw his support to the embattled Sanchez. "I believe in Mark, I believe in the guys we have," he said. "Mark just came off one of his best games, playing New England. He just went into a slump this week." Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Source was Bleacher report.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

Well they could really support Mark by actually catching the footballs he throws more often.

Should have kept Stanton.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#3 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Whats really bad is that the Eagles are considering benching Vick who has way more talent than Mark but Mark is never benched even for just part of a game no matter what.I just dont get it. Is Rex screwing Mark`s a**hole or something?? I mean Ive never seen this type of loyalty ever
In 30 plus years of watching the NFL this is something Ive never seen before.

Ive even seen HOF greats benched for parts of games when they have a horrendous game whether it be because they are just having a bad night,to keep them from getting hurt,or just to go a different direction for the game to try to light a spark in the team and give your starter a break from the mental stress.

I really cant understand it at all. Even if Mark was going to start the next game are you really telling me he cant be benched for even part of a game where he is playing really bad????

And the excuses dont fly...."Mark is mentally weak and cant handle the idea of being benched...it would ruin him" or "Marks head wasn't in the game because his girlfriend dumped him" or "Mark is playing bad because the fans are jeering him".

This isn't peewee football or a pickup game where just doing your best is fine. This is the pros he is paid millions and if Mark is so mentally weak minded he cant handle adversity then he needs to be out of the NFL. Vince Young was mentally weak minded and he wasn't kept around.

This is a game of professionals and if you dont perform well you get benched. If you are mentally weak minded you dont belong. Favre,Tory Smith, and many other players have played,and coaches have coached with devastating losses and deaths of loved ones. Hell Favre had more than one major hit. His father dying was one and the other was when his wife was in bad shape from breast cancer. Yet he still played through both as did Smith with the loss of his brother as did many others....yet......

I continuously here the stupidest sh*t Ive ever heard. "Mark`s head was in the game because he got dumped" along with other pathetic crap.

And you guys wonder why I cant f***ing stand Sanchez?!?!? Its bad enough he sucks as a qb and then I have to constantly read excuses on top of excuses about Mark being so weak minded that it affects his play on the field because of him having the mental weakness of a young child or the crazy emotions of a pregnant woman.

And the Sanchez nut huggers have to gull to say dumb crap that I have nothing nice to say about him? He isn't a child.He makes a lot of money to perform and he isn't cut out. Its more like he is stealing the money because he sure isn't earning it. Ive never in over thirty years hated a player on the team as much as I hate Sanchez and I could literally care less if we got a worse qb than him at this point. I want him gone and I will throw a huge party when he is gone.

I dont generally say much bad about players on the team(with the exception of Mark) and the only other qb I ever really couldn't stand that played for us was Rick Mirer. I'm on a crusade of wanting Sanchez gone like I have never been on in my life and it isn't even because of his mediocrity. I hate Sanchez because of all the stupid excuses like I have never heard of before in all my years of watching the NFL.

Playing bad in a professional NFL game because his girlfriend dumped him??!?!?Are you kidding me?!?!? I mean come on that is the worst excuse Ive heard for any NFL player in my life. If Sanchez is that weak minded he is not a man at all...he is a really weak minded woman in a mans body(sorry to any women on the sight if Ive offended you with that comment...not my intention). I mean hell he is a man not a young teenage boy. And its not like they were together for a decade and had kids and were married.
All these damn worthless excuses make me hate Mark like a mofo.If he is playing bad he is playing bad. We move on to the next game. We dont need all this weak minded crap about Marks child like mental health.

If I didn't have to read all these excuses that are totally off the wall I wouldn't hate him as much as I do but since I read them every single week I just cant stand him at all anymore period. And now this article about supporting Mark??!?!? When is it going to end? We dont need to support Mark at all for him to play well.Its his job He is making millions.Whether we support him or not its his job to get his act together and play right.Us supporting him or not shouldn't have any damn affect on how Mark plays. If Mark needs so much mental support he should turn gay and have the guy that is reaming him in the butt stroke the back of his hair and call him baby and tell him.."its ok baby".

Get off the really sad excuses people. The more I read and hear them the more of a weak minded b*tch i think Mark is. If he has a bad game he has a bad game. We dont need to hear all this dumb crap along with it. I really hope Mark isn't as mentally weak minded as some of you make him out to be with the excuses. If he is he needs a psychiatrist not a starting job as a qb for an NFL team.

#4 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

I don't known where you draw the line between dumbass reasons the media creates about Sanchez and reality. The mentally weak crap comes from anonymous sources (i.e. fake sources or Burress and Holmes) and not from any legitimate sources. That shit is spam.

The reason the team doesn't replace him is simple. The coaching staff sucks. From the overflated HC to the overhyped OC people convinced themselves was going to turn the team around.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#5 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

I've officially given up on sanchez. He looks exactly the same as he did as a rookie. Let sanchez get another game or two or until the season is officially over, but as far as I am concerned....I just don't see any chance of sanchez ever becoming a good QB. I'm not sure who the top QB prospects are coming out this year or the next but if sanchez continues to play the way he has, he'll be a big help in terms of helping us land one of them.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

I'd be all for giving a backup a shot if that backup wasn't Tebow. As bad as Sanchez looks at times, Tebow is 20 times worse.

#7 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 30 October 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

I'd be all for giving a backup a shot if that backup wasn't Tebow. As bad as Sanchez looks at times, Tebow is 20 times worse.

We do have another backup beside TT. One that at least looked competent in throwing the short to intermediate pass before he bummed up his hand in pre season last year. McElroy must be pissed that nobody is even considering him as a viable alternative. Give him the ball and see what he can do; and don't wait until the season is a total writeoff so at least the kid has max incentive to perform well. If they're not willing to give him a reasonable shot then I don't know why they drafted him in the first place.

Hope you all came thru Sandy OK.

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

View Postcanuckfan, on 30 October 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

We do have another backup beside TT. One that at least looked competent in throwing the short to intermediate pass before he bummed up his hand in pre season last year. McElroy must be pissed that nobody is even considering him as a viable alternative. Give him the ball and see what he can do; and don't wait until the season is a total writeoff so at least the kid has max incentive to perform well. If they're not willing to give him a reasonable shot then I don't know why they drafted him in the first place.

Hope you all came thru Sandy OK.

Please stop with McElroy. He was drafted to be a career backup at best. You don't bench your starting QB whom you just extended for Greg McElroy. There are better QBs looking for jobs than him.

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 30 October 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

Please stop with McElroy. He was drafted to be a career backup at best. You don't bench your starting QB whom you just extended for Greg McElroy. There are better QBs looking for jobs than him.

Tom Brady agrees with that argument.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 30 October 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Tom Brady agrees with that argument.

When we have BB coaching the team, then we can bring up the Brady comparisons. You're acting like Brady came into a vacuum. BB is the best HC in the last generation and he can make miracles happen. Ask the Chiefs how awesome Matt Cassell is out of the NE locker room.

#11 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

I really dont get why McElroy is frowned upon either. He looked poised in the pocket, controlled & DAM GOOD in last years pre season. While I would rather let Sanchez work it out on his own...I wouldnt be mad if McElroy got a chance. I WOULD be pissed if TEABAG was given that chance though. I dont see where we have ANY real intel on what kind of QB McElroy will be. If we are going to shake Sanchez up...let it be McElroy to start!
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

look at the end of the day. Mark Sanchez is bad... as a matter of fact he's HORRIBLE. I stood by and allowed him his grace period. Were 4 years along now. No thanks. I've seen enough.

#13 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 30 October 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

When we have BB coaching the team, then we can bring up the Brady comparisons. You're acting like Brady came into a vacuum. BB is the best HC in the last generation and he can make miracles happen. Ask the Chiefs how awesome Matt Cassell is out of the NE locker room.

Plus it was out of necessity that Brady got thrown in following Bledsoe's injury. That year the Patriots relied more on the run than the pass too.
I'd be all for throwing our lot in with another QB to see how they get on at some point this season, but the options on the roster just aren't really there. Tebow, as you say, is a horrible quarterback. His running ability may give us a better shot of winning, but only if the defence steps up like Denver's did for him last season. Letting McElroy start for a game or two is a plausible idea, but he's a physically limited quarterback plus I doubt our running game is strong enough to sufficiently support him.

#14 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 30 October 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

So if BB was coaching the current Jets roster we would be a SB contender? I doubt it. Cassel had Moss who was playing out of his mind, Welker the best slot guy ever to have played the game and a solid O-line. and the same or better talent in the backfield we have now.

You have changed the point of the comment though. The point is you can find guys in the late round but if they are not given a chance we will never know. Ala Brady, Montana, Theismann, Warner ect... All these guys were late round picks that got the chance. Now imagine how may guys could have been great if they were able to play.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 29 October 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

The reason the team doesn't replace him is simple. The coaching staff sucks. From the overflated HC to the overhyped OC people convinced themselves was going to turn the team around.

Who would they replace him with? Again, the jets have no viable backup QB because of that stupid ass trade for Tebow. It seemed they had figured that out when they signed Stanton...but.... Tebow?

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users