NYJetsFan.com Forums: Cromartie: Jets Will Make Playoffs This Year - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets miss out on playoffs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2016 - 05:51 PM) CMON DENVER
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2016 - 06:00 PM) This Denver D is stiflin the f*** out of the CHEATriots OL
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2016 - 06:34 PM) THANK YOU DENVER!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 January 2016 - 07:11 PM) We need a stud outside pass rushing LB. look what Miller and ware did to Brady twice this year
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 January 2016 - 09:51 PM) CAM NEWTON!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 January 2016 - 01:33 PM) I think both of these defenses are showing us that you need fast and athletic lbs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 January 2016 - 08:48 PM) so do we bring back Mo?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 January 2016 - 10:23 AM) of course
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 January 2016 - 10:23 AM) we franchise tag him
vjdbbq Icon : (26 January 2016 - 02:41 PM) But then we have very little cap room left . Is he worth it ?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 January 2016 - 09:43 PM) If we cut cro and brick we will be around 28 million under the cap. We can tag him
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 January 2016 - 09:44 PM) Or tag and trade him. No way we should just let him walk
vjdbbq Icon : (27 January 2016 - 08:24 AM) We need Cro and Brick but for less salary .
S-Dubb Icon : (29 January 2016 - 10:18 AM) what up home dawgs?
S-Dubb Icon : (29 January 2016 - 10:22 AM) long time no chat, Ya boy has returned from the depths. Good to see everyone alive and well. Another season down the drain... what else is new? Fitz coming back next yr means we wont be going to the superbowl. We seriously need to land a QB. I hope Petty is the future and Im still quietly waiting for Geno to show up. IF they retain him it would speak volumes
Mr_Jet Icon : (29 January 2016 - 11:23 AM) I'm done with Geno. Never really expected much from him from the beginning. So I'm also looking for Petty to be the future.
vjdbbq Icon : (29 January 2016 - 04:33 PM) GENO SUCKS MONKEY DICK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 January 2016 - 07:16 PM) S-Dubb??.Who's that guy?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 January 2016 - 07:17 PM) FIRE S-DUBB
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 09:10 AM) Dubb and Amen? Did I take a wrong turn and land back in 2007?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 09:10 AM) Haha good to see both of you
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:28 PM) I don't care if Cro comes back, I think Marcus Williams can start opposite Revis. Hes a ball hawk and has performed well everytime hes called on.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:41 PM) I want Fitz back as starter, he lacks arm talent but he is scrappy
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:41 PM) The team loves him as a leader and he is a good bridge QB as we groom a QB of the future.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:42 PM) He also has top notch pocket awareness.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:42 PM) He allows our playmakers to make plays. After years of terrible QB play, I'll take 31 TD 15 INTs almost 4,000 yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 February 2016 - 12:41 AM) I can't stop thinking about the off season...... what the hell are we gonna do!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 09:59 AM) Maccagnan is going to have to show his worth
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 10:00 AM) They can't have Wilkerson on that franchise tag, they have to sign him long term with a small cap hit or trade him. Otherwise we are in trouble with other FAs.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 10:00 AM) We need Harrison back, you can't run a effective 3-4 without a stud NT.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 10:01 AM) I hope we get Harrison back on a 4 yr contract.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 February 2016 - 12:55 PM) I really think we are going to have to tag and trade Wilkerson
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 February 2016 - 12:56 PM) If we keep wilk we lose Harrison or Fitzpatrick maybe both
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 February 2016 - 12:56 PM) And ivory
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 07:23 PM) We can't keep Wilkerson, Richardson, and Williams. A move has to be made
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 07:25 PM) If the Jets want to go cheaper, they can try to trade Wilkerson and have Richardson/Williams for cheap
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 07:25 PM) Then they can re-sign Harrison, FItzpatrick, Ivory, and maybe Powell.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 09:59 AM) Kaepernick apparently wants out of SF and wants to join the Jets
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 09:59 AM) Guess he sees the Jets as a team with a great WR tandem and a quality OC who builds a offense around the players
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:29 AM) No thanks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:29 AM) Unless he's dirt cheap
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:30 AM) The jets would be fools to take on that contract
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 02:09 PM) keep powell, snakcs, wilkerson, and fitz. let ivory walk, trade richardson, cut cromartie, restructure brick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 04:18 PM) Marshall said no to Kaepnerick, he wants FItzpatrick as his QB
vjdbbq Icon : (04 February 2016 - 12:07 PM) Where's Rob ? I need some ass shots !!!!!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Cromartie: Jets Will Make Playoffs This Year

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,173
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...s-make-playoffs

Quote

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Antonio Cromartie says the New York Jets will make the playoffs, and his notoriously bombastic coach was quick to back him up.

Walker: Can't Talk Way to Playoffs
The Jets are back to their boastful ways even though they should have been humbled after being humiliated before their bye by Miami, James Walker writes. Blog

"The Jets (3-5) will make the playoffs this year," Cromartie said Thursday morning on the NFL Network's "NFL AM" show. "We believe in each other, we believe in what Coach Ryan and his staff is putting us to schemes and stuff, so we definitely are going to make the playoffs this year."

Rex Ryan, with his team facing two road games in Seattle and St. Louis, agreed with Cromartie's statement.

"This team believes that we can right the ship and we're going for it," Ryan said. "I know Cro had some comments we're going to make the playoffs and all that, and I feel as an entire football team that we should all feel like that, and we do feel like that.

"Nobody wants to hear it, but who cares? That's really how we feel and that's our mentality; whether you like it our not, that's our mentality. And I would think Jets fans and the Jets community, they would want us to feel that way, and we do."


We believe in each other, we believe in what Coach Ryan and his staff is putting us to schemes and stuff, so we definitely are going to make the playoffs this year.

-- Antonio Cromartie, in "NFL AM" interview
Ryan apparently had a change of heart since Monday, when he said, "We're not sniffing the playoffs."

The coach said Thursday that he thought this year's team -- minus cornerback Darrelle Revis and wide receiver Santonio Holmes, who are out with season-ending injuries -- is better than last year's, even. The defensive-minded Ryan said he was trying to be more involved and had even put in a few offensive plays at times.

"We're not happy with where we are, with that 3-5 record. We know it's tough. It's tough to get into the playoffs, especially when you back yourself up with that 3-5 record," Ryan said. "But again, we're going to keep swinging until they tell us that we're out, and all of us, in my opinion, believe that we can make it."
So can Cromartie's math be right? Statistical website Football Outsiders has the Jets' odds of making the playoffs at 12.4 percent, which includes the 1 percent chance they win their division.

Aside from the Seahawks, the only team with a winning record remaining on the Jets' schedule is the division-rival Patriots on Thanksgiving night.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the Jets' first-half schedule was the third-toughest in the NFL, with their opponents boasting a .609 winning percentage. In contrast, their second-half schedule is ranked as the 27th-toughest. The remaining teams on their schedule have a combined winning percentage of .418.

Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,330
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Cromartie = Posted Image

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#3 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,519
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

Yeah I saw that on ESPN. I think Cro needs keep keep quiet.
0

#4 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

  • THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,757
  • Joined: 08-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida.used to live in NY.
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

:banghead:
0

#5 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 3,177
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

So they went from Super Bowl guarantees to playoff guarantees. Smh.
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,136
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

Cromartie has been playing at a elite level since he declared himself the best CB in the league and I think he was right about being our 2nd best WR, well actually best now. His one deep route he torched Jonathan Joseph, would of had a TD if it wasn't for a poor throw by Sanchez.
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 274
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

There are two typea of confidence. One is knowing you have a shot because of knowledge. Knowing you havw an ace in the hole, a read on their plays, etc. Knowledge that you have something that will help you.

The other type is what the jets always have, unsupported gut feeling.

You guys just got stomped at home by a. 500 team.STFU.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#8 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,661
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 09 November 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

You guys just got stomped at home by a. 500 team.STFU.


Got stomped at home by a .500 team that had just won 3 or 4 straight and was playing like they were among the league's best the the time. Not to mention they are a team that ALWAYS play the Jets tot he best of their ability. Cro has the right to talk becaue HE at least tries to back up his talk unlike many of the others on the team. Right now, he's about the ONLY player on the team that DOES have the right to talk.

I'd rather him talk with confidence that the team can still make the playoffs instead of saying, yeah....we'll go out and just playf or the hell of playing out the schedule to get some bull$hit mid round draft pick that won't amount to anything yet again. Is that what we would prefer he says or do we want to hear him say he has confidence? Get off his fvcking back already. If he were playing like $hit, then you could b!tch, but as long as he's playing at the level he's playing, he gets to say what he wants. If it was the little b!tch Revis saying it, would you guys be complaining? Somehow I doubt it.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#9 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 274
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 10 November 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Got stomped at home by a .500 team that had just won 3 or 4 straight and was playing like they were among the league's best the the time. Not to mention they are a team that ALWAYS play the Jets tot he best of their ability. Cro has the right to talk becaue HE at least tries to back up his talk unlike many of the others on the team. Right now, he's about the ONLY player on the team that DOES have the right to talk.

I'd rather him talk with confidence that the team can still make the playoffs instead of saying, yeah....we'll go out and just playf or the hell of playing out the schedule to get some bull$hit mid round draft pick that won't amount to anything yet again. Is that what we would prefer he says or do we want to hear him say he has confidence? Get off his fvcking back already. If he were playing like $hit, then you could b!tch, but as long as he's playing at the level he's playing, he gets to say what he wants. If it was the little b!tch Revis saying it, would you guys be complaining? Somehow I doubt it.


You keep talking about how tough Miami plays the Jets as if that somehow isn't supposed to work the other way. You're sayimg it is okay for the Jets to get destroyed from kickoff to game end because it is a rivalry game and that somehow the Jets are still a good team. Way to make excuses.

I guess it is ok KC has never led in regulation because teams play the
Lower your expectations some more man.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#10 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,661
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 10 November 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

You keep talking about how tough Miami plays the Jets as if that somehow isn't supposed to work the other way. You're sayimg it is okay for the Jets to get destroyed from kickoff to game end because it is a rivalry game and that somehow the Jets are still a good team. Way to make excuses.

I guess it is ok KC has never led in regulation because teams play the
Lower your expectations some more man.


Where am I making excuses? I said Miami plays us tough. Big fvcking deal. You rag on Cro for having confidence as if that's a bad thing. You act like you would prefer him to say that he EXPECTS to lose or some $hit. I would prefer our players EXPECT to win rather than go into games epecting to lose. I want them to go into games with some confidence. That's NOT a bad thing the last time I checked. I never said we were still a good team. I said in the offseason that we would likely finish 6-10 or 8-8 if we were lucky BEFORE we signed the bum Teblow that some of you were happy about for some God forsaken fvcking reason. Keep crying for your Jesus boy to go out there and continue to stink up the joint and keep fvkcin gup the offense to hwre it NEVER gets into any kind of rythm. NO QB can find a rythm if he only gets 2 plays then gets yanked for an inept as$wipe to come in for some trick play to WASTE a play.

As for KC.....who give a flying fvck about KC? I'm a Jets fan and have been since I was a little kid. Always have been and always will be. I dont ride some fvkcing bandwagon. Once we get rid of Teblow and focus on football rather than selling PSL's maybe we can get back to wining games. My point was dont blast Cro for doing something postive. Having confidence in himself and the team. He's the ONLY player that deserves it.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#11 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 274
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 11 November 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

Where am I making excuses? I said Miami plays us tough. Big fvcking deal. You rag on Cro for having confidence as if that's a bad thing. You act like you would prefer him to say that he EXPECTS to lose or some $hit. I would prefer our players EXPECT to win rather than go into games epecting to lose. I want them to go into games with some confidence. That's NOT a bad thing the last time I checked. I never said we were still a good team. I said in the offseason that we would likely finish 6-10 or 8-8 if we were lucky BEFORE we signed the bum Teblow that some of you were happy about for some God forsaken fvcking reason. Keep crying for your Jesus boy to go out there and continue to stink up the joint and keep fvkcin gup the offense to hwre it NEVER gets into any kind of rythm. NO QB can find a rythm if he only gets 2 plays then gets yanked for an inept as$wipe to come in for some trick play to WASTE a play.

As for KC.....who give a flying fvck about KC? I'm a Jets fan and have been since I was a little kid. Always have been and always will be. I dont ride some fvkcing bandwagon. Once we get rid of Teblow and focus on football rather than selling PSL's maybe we can get back to wining games. My point was dont blast Cro for doing something postive. Having confidence in himself and the team. He's the ONLY player that deserves it.


Going in with confidence is one thing, but the team goes in and plays flat. This isn't a team that is just outclassed in every way but plays hard-they aren't Rudy. They talk all week (Cro saying they were making the playoffs, Ryan saying they were going to be different but didn't want to let opponent's in on the secret, etc) and come out and get owned.

Because Miami playing us tough doesn't justify us getting our asses kicked. In a rivalry game, you say someone plays you tough when an inferior team holds close to a better team. It isn't "playing tough" when a team that can barely get to .500 blows you out at home. That is humiliating and saying it isn't is making excuses.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users