NYJetsFan.com Forums: Cromartie: Jets Will Make Playoffs This Year - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:28 PM) streets is real
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Cromartie: Jets Will Make Playoffs This Year

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...s-make-playoffs

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Antonio Cromartie says the New York Jets will make the playoffs, and his notoriously bombastic coach was quick to back him up.

Walker: Can't Talk Way to Playoffs
The Jets are back to their boastful ways even though they should have been humbled after being humiliated before their bye by Miami, James Walker writes. Blog

"The Jets (3-5) will make the playoffs this year," Cromartie said Thursday morning on the NFL Network's "NFL AM" show. "We believe in each other, we believe in what Coach Ryan and his staff is putting us to schemes and stuff, so we definitely are going to make the playoffs this year."

Rex Ryan, with his team facing two road games in Seattle and St. Louis, agreed with Cromartie's statement.

"This team believes that we can right the ship and we're going for it," Ryan said. "I know Cro had some comments we're going to make the playoffs and all that, and I feel as an entire football team that we should all feel like that, and we do feel like that.

"Nobody wants to hear it, but who cares? That's really how we feel and that's our mentality; whether you like it our not, that's our mentality. And I would think Jets fans and the Jets community, they would want us to feel that way, and we do."

We believe in each other, we believe in what Coach Ryan and his staff is putting us to schemes and stuff, so we definitely are going to make the playoffs this year.

-- Antonio Cromartie, in "NFL AM" interview
Ryan apparently had a change of heart since Monday, when he said, "We're not sniffing the playoffs."

The coach said Thursday that he thought this year's team -- minus cornerback Darrelle Revis and wide receiver Santonio Holmes, who are out with season-ending injuries -- is better than last year's, even. The defensive-minded Ryan said he was trying to be more involved and had even put in a few offensive plays at times.

"We're not happy with where we are, with that 3-5 record. We know it's tough. It's tough to get into the playoffs, especially when you back yourself up with that 3-5 record," Ryan said. "But again, we're going to keep swinging until they tell us that we're out, and all of us, in my opinion, believe that we can make it."
So can Cromartie's math be right? Statistical website Football Outsiders has the Jets' odds of making the playoffs at 12.4 percent, which includes the 1 percent chance they win their division.

Aside from the Seahawks, the only team with a winning record remaining on the Jets' schedule is the division-rival Patriots on Thanksgiving night.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the Jets' first-half schedule was the third-toughest in the NFL, with their opponents boasting a .609 winning percentage. In contrast, their second-half schedule is ranked as the 27th-toughest. The remaining teams on their schedule have a combined winning percentage of .418.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Cromartie = Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#3 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

Yeah I saw that on ESPN. I think Cro needs keep keep quiet.

#4 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

:banghead:
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

So they went from Super Bowl guarantees to playoff guarantees. Smh.

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

Cromartie has been playing at a elite level since he declared himself the best CB in the league and I think he was right about being our 2nd best WR, well actually best now. His one deep route he torched Jonathan Joseph, would of had a TD if it wasn't for a poor throw by Sanchez.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

There are two typea of confidence. One is knowing you have a shot because of knowledge. Knowing you havw an ace in the hole, a read on their plays, etc. Knowledge that you have something that will help you.

The other type is what the jets always have, unsupported gut feeling.

You guys just got stomped at home by a. 500 team.STFU.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#8 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 09 November 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

You guys just got stomped at home by a. 500 team.STFU.

Got stomped at home by a .500 team that had just won 3 or 4 straight and was playing like they were among the league's best the the time. Not to mention they are a team that ALWAYS play the Jets tot he best of their ability. Cro has the right to talk becaue HE at least tries to back up his talk unlike many of the others on the team. Right now, he's about the ONLY player on the team that DOES have the right to talk.

I'd rather him talk with confidence that the team can still make the playoffs instead of saying, yeah....we'll go out and just playf or the hell of playing out the schedule to get some bull$hit mid round draft pick that won't amount to anything yet again. Is that what we would prefer he says or do we want to hear him say he has confidence? Get off his fvcking back already. If he were playing like $hit, then you could b!tch, but as long as he's playing at the level he's playing, he gets to say what he wants. If it was the little b!tch Revis saying it, would you guys be complaining? Somehow I doubt it.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#9 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 10 November 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Got stomped at home by a .500 team that had just won 3 or 4 straight and was playing like they were among the league's best the the time. Not to mention they are a team that ALWAYS play the Jets tot he best of their ability. Cro has the right to talk becaue HE at least tries to back up his talk unlike many of the others on the team. Right now, he's about the ONLY player on the team that DOES have the right to talk.

I'd rather him talk with confidence that the team can still make the playoffs instead of saying, yeah....we'll go out and just playf or the hell of playing out the schedule to get some bull$hit mid round draft pick that won't amount to anything yet again. Is that what we would prefer he says or do we want to hear him say he has confidence? Get off his fvcking back already. If he were playing like $hit, then you could b!tch, but as long as he's playing at the level he's playing, he gets to say what he wants. If it was the little b!tch Revis saying it, would you guys be complaining? Somehow I doubt it.

You keep talking about how tough Miami plays the Jets as if that somehow isn't supposed to work the other way. You're sayimg it is okay for the Jets to get destroyed from kickoff to game end because it is a rivalry game and that somehow the Jets are still a good team. Way to make excuses.

I guess it is ok KC has never led in regulation because teams play the
Lower your expectations some more man.

#10 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 10 November 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

You keep talking about how tough Miami plays the Jets as if that somehow isn't supposed to work the other way. You're sayimg it is okay for the Jets to get destroyed from kickoff to game end because it is a rivalry game and that somehow the Jets are still a good team. Way to make excuses.

I guess it is ok KC has never led in regulation because teams play the
Lower your expectations some more man.

Where am I making excuses? I said Miami plays us tough. Big fvcking deal. You rag on Cro for having confidence as if that's a bad thing. You act like you would prefer him to say that he EXPECTS to lose or some $hit. I would prefer our players EXPECT to win rather than go into games epecting to lose. I want them to go into games with some confidence. That's NOT a bad thing the last time I checked. I never said we were still a good team. I said in the offseason that we would likely finish 6-10 or 8-8 if we were lucky BEFORE we signed the bum Teblow that some of you were happy about for some God forsaken fvcking reason. Keep crying for your Jesus boy to go out there and continue to stink up the joint and keep fvkcin gup the offense to hwre it NEVER gets into any kind of rythm. NO QB can find a rythm if he only gets 2 plays then gets yanked for an inept as$wipe to come in for some trick play to WASTE a play.

As for KC.....who give a flying fvck about KC? I'm a Jets fan and have been since I was a little kid. Always have been and always will be. I dont ride some fvkcing bandwagon. Once we get rid of Teblow and focus on football rather than selling PSL's maybe we can get back to wining games. My point was dont blast Cro for doing something postive. Having confidence in himself and the team. He's the ONLY player that deserves it.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#11 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 11 November 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

Where am I making excuses? I said Miami plays us tough. Big fvcking deal. You rag on Cro for having confidence as if that's a bad thing. You act like you would prefer him to say that he EXPECTS to lose or some $hit. I would prefer our players EXPECT to win rather than go into games epecting to lose. I want them to go into games with some confidence. That's NOT a bad thing the last time I checked. I never said we were still a good team. I said in the offseason that we would likely finish 6-10 or 8-8 if we were lucky BEFORE we signed the bum Teblow that some of you were happy about for some God forsaken fvcking reason. Keep crying for your Jesus boy to go out there and continue to stink up the joint and keep fvkcin gup the offense to hwre it NEVER gets into any kind of rythm. NO QB can find a rythm if he only gets 2 plays then gets yanked for an inept as$wipe to come in for some trick play to WASTE a play.

As for KC.....who give a flying fvck about KC? I'm a Jets fan and have been since I was a little kid. Always have been and always will be. I dont ride some fvkcing bandwagon. Once we get rid of Teblow and focus on football rather than selling PSL's maybe we can get back to wining games. My point was dont blast Cro for doing something postive. Having confidence in himself and the team. He's the ONLY player that deserves it.

Going in with confidence is one thing, but the team goes in and plays flat. This isn't a team that is just outclassed in every way but plays hard-they aren't Rudy. They talk all week (Cro saying they were making the playoffs, Ryan saying they were going to be different but didn't want to let opponent's in on the secret, etc) and come out and get owned.

Because Miami playing us tough doesn't justify us getting our asses kicked. In a rivalry game, you say someone plays you tough when an inferior team holds close to a better team. It isn't "playing tough" when a team that can barely get to .500 blows you out at home. That is humiliating and saying it isn't is making excuses.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users