NYJetsFan.com Forums: Bradway Wanted Russell Wilson - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:16 PM) 27 and the all time leading goal scorer in european cup and la liga history... crazy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) raul ny cosmos hype is real!!... crazy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) I want nasri to bite neuer
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Agueroooooooo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Xabi at faulttttt
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:30 PM) SPEEEEED
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) KUUUUUNNNNN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) I like zabaleta a lot but hes such a dope haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) what a f***ing player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) unbelievable
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) Yeah
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) its decided city should be renamed to Aguero and friends
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) haha yeah zaba looks like a player who should of played 15 years ago when tackles like that were deemed good
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) jeez
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) mistakes by boateng and xabi
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) bayern exhausted from working with 10 men
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) aguero the long con
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) aguero isnt exhausted though
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) OP as fuck
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Pep will be fuming
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) no more fun practices for bayern
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) carrying team mates around and skipping
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) all eyes on tomorrow. Liverpool don't get a result and Rodgers seat is on fire
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) what
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) I thought I just read that liverpool is sticking with him
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:41 PM) they will, atleast until january... but if we do not get a result tomorrow, it'll go down hill even faster
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:41 PM) he won't survive the season if he doesnt figure it out
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:42 PM) moyes to liverpool confirmed!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) bayern two bad passes one bad tackle today punished by aguero
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) otherwise city looked rather crapola
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:47 PM) moyesy coaching in your favorite league now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) yeah i saw that he was at real sociedad
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:51 PM) http://gfycat.com/MilkyMajesticDingo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) also very casual
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) boca represent
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) http://gfycat.com/Of...ingAmazonparrot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) that is the most raul goal i have ever seen
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) What's our wish list for HC next year?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:37 PM) BILL LAZOR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) Why?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:09 PM) he worked with chip kelly and vick on the eagles. and has a cool name
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:41 PM) Eh
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:37 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Bradway Wanted Russell Wilson

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...-jets-executive

Former New York Jets general manager Terry Bradway still oddly holds a senior personnel executive position in the team's front office.

During last year's draft season, Bradway's view on the incoming quarterback class was clear. He wanted Russell Wilson. Bradway talked about Wilson so much that the Wisconsin product was called "Russell Bradway" inside the Jets' building, defensive coordinator Mike Pettine told The Star-Ledger.

The Seattle Seahawks ended up drafting Wilson 75th overall, just two spots before the Jets chose Demario Davis. It's fair to wonder if the Jets would have added Wilson to the Mark Sanchez-Tim Tebow stew if the Seahawks didn't jump on him.

"We knew about him and liked him," Pettine said. "He's proving he's a complete quarterback."

The story reminds us of the 2009 draft. As pointed out by ESPN.com's Mike Sando, the Seahawks were rumored to be interested in Sanchez at the time with the No. 4 overall pick, but they chose Aaron Curry instead. Curry was a bust, and yet most Seahawks fans probably are glad their team took him over Sanchez. The Wilson-Sanchez matchup Sunday just adds another layer to reunion weekend.

Jets fans know that once you take a quarterback that high, you are going to roll with him for a long time.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

And done what with him? I don't trust this team developing another young QB and it's not like they would have made the switch even if it was necessary. I'm convinced that the only want Sanchez is going to get benched, even for a game, is if he's injured or Rex gets knocked in the head. Rex needs to learn that performance comes over loyalty. These guys are paid millions to do their job, they need to be benched if they don't.

#3 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostChaos, on 10 November 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

And done what with him? I don't trust this team developing another young QB and it's not like they would have made the switch even if it was necessary. I'm convinced that the only want Sanchez is going to get benched, even for a game, is if he's injured or Rex gets knocked in the head. Rex needs to learn that performance comes over loyalty. These guys are paid millions to do their job, they need to be benched if they don't.

I disagree, If wilson was sitting behind sanchez and out preforming him week in and week out in practice, wilson would have been starting for us by now. 3-5 record is not acceptable to this organization, especially this year. Sanchez has a ridiculous amount of turnovers in the redzone / Field goal range. The only reason sanchez hasn't been benched is because there is no one behind him that is a better option.

Whats sad is that sanchez hasn't been that bad the last couple of games, and in the eyes of many jets fans, because we are so used to shitty QB play, some of you guys seem to think he is playing well. I can't wait to turn the page on sanchez, the guys works very hard but he just doesn't have it.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#4 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

I agree that Sanchez hasn't been benched because ther's no way that Rex can just throw McElroy out there ahead of Teblow and he KNOWS we have ZERO shot of winning games with Teblow. Rex not putting Teblow in there PROVES he was brought in to do nothing more than sell PSL's. The guy is absolutely worthless. His highest career completion percentage is 50% other than this year (66% because he's 2 of 3 through 8 games). You complain about Sanchez but Teblow's career completion percentage is 47.5%. Sanchez is better and we all know it.

McElroy's LOWEST completion % was 50% against Philly in week 4 preseason 2011 and was as high as 70% this year against the same Philly defense. I say McElroy gives us a far better chance than Teblow does but Rex has no faith in him unfortunately because he knows that would make Woody Johnson look bad in bringing in Teblow and you don't make the boss look bad if you want to keep your job.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#5 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Interesting bit about McElroy

http://m.bleacherrep...terbacks/page/7
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

I don't believe in McElroy, I rather see Tebow start as he would probably be more fun to watch, its not all about passing for him as he can run too. McElroy has a weak arm and will just check it down every play, he can't hit the outside throws. He may have potential as a backup as hes smart and would be a guy that won't lose games for you, but he doesn't have the talent to be a playmaker and win games for you.

Our future QB is not on this roster IMO.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

What is with everyone wanting McElroy to start??? this guy is nothing but a game mgr. thats it. in collage he had 2 beast RBs and a superstar WR and a killer D. Even Bama fans didnt like him. what makes anyone think we have what he needs here?
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

View PostMikeGangGreenFan2, on 11 November 2012 - 01:02 AM, said:

What is with everyone wanting McElroy to start???

Because his name isn't Mark Sanchez.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#9 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 11 November 2012 - 01:34 AM, said:

Because his name isn't Mark Sanchez.

Tebow would give the Jets a better shot then Greg.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users