NYJetsFan.com Forums: Time To Bench Sanchez - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Geno injured, IK cut, Amish Rifle starting - http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38773
santana Icon : (14 August 2015 - 09:02 PM) depressing
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (14 August 2015 - 11:13 PM) depressing but true
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (14 August 2015 - 11:13 PM) Fitzpatrick can play at a average level, the Jets have had QB play on the below average level
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (14 August 2015 - 11:13 PM) Fitzpatrick not being mentioned as a NFL worst starter is a upgrade for this team
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (14 August 2015 - 11:14 PM) He could throw for 25 TDs if he starts every game
Chaos Icon : (14 August 2015 - 11:18 PM) 2009 with a Favre and Rex pairing could have been special
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 August 2015 - 09:20 PM) ok so who thinks geno has played his last game of his JETS career?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 August 2015 - 09:23 PM) I honestly think his JETS career is knocked out like that right hand by IK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 August 2015 - 08:50 PM) why the hell can't the JETS ever get it right
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 August 2015 - 08:50 PM) are we doomed for all eternity?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 August 2015 - 01:56 PM) kerly might be losing his job to a younger WR
GreenDude Icon : (18 August 2015 - 06:34 PM) We just signed Matt Flynn
santana Icon : (18 August 2015 - 07:02 PM) FLYNNNNSANITYYY
santana Icon : (18 August 2015 - 07:02 PM) hype hype hype
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 12:31 PM) Which receiver is Kerley losing his job to?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 12:31 PM) Kerley is still gonna be our slot receiver. Devin Smith is a outside WR, deep threat and hes gonna be out for a bit.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 12:32 PM) though Brandon Marshall likes playing in the slot at times and does work there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 01:27 PM) he's apparently battling (and losing to) enuiwa
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 01:28 PM) enunwa^
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 02:26 PM) I haven't heard about that
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 02:28 PM) I read how kerley has been uncover able one on one
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 02:57 PM) http://www.nj.com/je...ey_backups.html
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 02:57 PM) http://nypost.com/20...appearing-role/
Smedsthejet Icon : (19 August 2015 - 03:03 PM) Any news on how Shaq Evans is performing?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 August 2015 - 11:12 AM) http://nypost.com/20...ricks-of-trade/
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 August 2015 - 11:12 AM) sounds like the jets think kerly is too small for what they want
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 August 2015 - 11:13 AM) if enunwa is our 3rd WR that gives us 3 starting Wrs over 6-2. compared to the 5'7 kerly.
RetireChrebet Icon : (20 August 2015 - 11:32 PM) Hopefully enunwa pans out. The jets need to start catching talent in he late rounds like most successful teams do.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (21 August 2015 - 03:05 PM) MT did for us
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 August 2015 - 06:49 PM) Well it's only pre season but I don't enjoy watching them walk right over our defense
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 August 2015 - 07:20 PM) Looks like nothing has changed from the last 5 years. Our offense is still trash
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 August 2015 - 07:50 PM) Damn petty has a rocket arm!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 August 2015 - 07:54 PM) Kellen Davis sucks
Mr_Jet Icon : (22 August 2015 - 12:40 PM) Bryce Petty looked really good last night.
azjetfan Icon : (22 August 2015 - 04:56 PM) He took some big steps from week one. There is no question. If he continues to progress like that we may be chanting for him sooner than expected. I love his arm.
azjetfan Icon : (22 August 2015 - 06:56 PM) Sanchez looks like Drew Bree's today
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 August 2015 - 01:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO Ric Flair!
Jetsman05 Icon : (26 August 2015 - 01:45 PM) The guy in the fantasy league who said we're scared of Santana... is clearly santana.
Jetsman05 Icon : (26 August 2015 - 01:45 PM) just sayin
Jetsman05 Icon : (26 August 2015 - 01:45 PM) im only half serious
santana Icon : (27 August 2015 - 09:30 AM) Also i suspect that santana
santana Icon : (27 August 2015 - 09:30 AM) might be santana
santana Icon : (27 August 2015 - 01:35 PM) Tough draw for Liverpool
Jetsman05 Icon : (27 August 2015 - 02:21 PM) Suarez second best in Europe... pretty good
SoReALSoJetS Icon : (Today, 06:11 PM) anybody know a stream for it?
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Time To Bench Sanchez

#1 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,646
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

He is absolutely terrible. People can compare sanchez to eli manning's stats in their first few seasons but manning showed flashes. Sanchez is getting worse game in and game out. He can't even move around in the pocket many more. Tebow is probably worse but I bet the team would play harder for him. The season is over, no chance of playoffs in site and the team is getting embarrassed. Its time to send a message, bench sanchez. He is the root of the problem as far as the teams struggles go. Sanchez is a lost cause, a bum, and just isn't talented enough to lead an NFL offense. It seems like the offense has no drive, no will to win. Put tebow in and at least we'll see some passion on the offense. And if tebow doesn't work out, we'll have the excuse to give mccelroy a shot. Something has to change at the QB position...sanchez isn't working.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#2 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,190
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

Yes.
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26
0

#3 User is offline   SoReALSoJetS Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 116
  • Joined: 03-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:los angeles
  • Interests:THE JETS

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

I see more fight in Tebow out there and shit just play tebow. Maybe tebow shows he can be a starter and we can trade sanchez and revis for some skill postion players or draft picks. The D was great today and they should not be blamed.
"SO REAL SO JETS"
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,121
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

It makes no sense for Rex to continue to play Sanchez, unless he really wants to get fired... Its amazing how Sanchez has never been benched before, no matter how awful he has played. Make the switch now, give Tebow a look and then address QB this offseason.
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   SackExchange71 Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: 28-May 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nassau-518- New York.
  • Interests:STRIVE TOBE THE BEST CRAFT BiER BREW MASTER PERIOD!

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

sanchez. is done in ny hes had 4 years now and hes only gotton worse grant it his weapons are always changing week in and week out but still his decsion making is horrible.thats 9 turnovers in the redzone take a sack or throw it away wtf.and i was a big sanchez supporter but its time. and hell no with all this tebow talk-point blank hes more terrible then sanchez.tebow is really only a situational player he had a hard time thorwing a 5yard out pass to kerley and to be honest the jets really dont have the personel to make it work either. so this is my petition to go all in and hand it over to mcelroy. whats it really gonna hurt?
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,059
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Agreed.

Time to completely turn the page. Atleast Rex is falling on his sword and we won't have to deal with his unprepared sack of shit teams every week.
0

#7 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 3,176
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 11 November 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

It makes no sense for Rex to continue to play Sanchez, unless he really wants to get fired


I'm good with that. See ya Rex. Give me Chip Kelly. Fans can live with an adequate D coach. I would prefer that over an inadequate head coach who can't get over his player loyalties anyway.
0

#8 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,323
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

View PostSoReALSoJetS, on 11 November 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

I see more fight in Tebow out there and shit just play tebow. Maybe tebow shows he can be a starter and we can trade sanchez and revis for some skill postion players or draft picks. The D was great today and they should not be blamed.


Are you drunk? Trade Revis for players and picks? This ain't the NBA. And who in the hell would want to trade for Sanchez at this point? He's only hurting his trade value the more he plays.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#9 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,059
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostChaos, on 11 November 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

I'm good with that. See ya Rex. Give me Chip Kelly. Fans can live with an adequate D coach. I would prefer that over an inadequate head coach who can't get over his player loyalties anyway.


Haha.

Chip Kelly...
0

#10 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,172
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

You're all idiots whoever out there is saying to trade Revis.
Posted Image
0

#11 User is offline   stu23 Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 133
  • Joined: 04-April 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

I agree...bypass Tebow and go to McElroy. There are enough games remaining to get a good look at him.



View PostSackExchange71, on 11 November 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

sanchez. is done in ny hes had 4 years now and hes only gotton worse grant it his weapons are always changing week in and week out but still his decsion making is horrible.thats 9 turnovers in the redzone take a sack or throw it away wtf.and i was a big sanchez supporter but its time. and hell no with all this tebow talk-point blank hes more terrible then sanchez.tebow is really only a situational player he had a hard time thorwing a 5yard out pass to kerley and to be honest the jets really dont have the personel to make it work either. so this is my petition to go all in and hand it over to mcelroy. whats it really gonna hurt?

0

#12 User is offline   2JBallar01 Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 165
  • Joined: 13-December 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Can we ban the name McElroy on this site please? Possible?
0

#13 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,470
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

View Post2JBallar01, on 11 November 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

Can we ban the name McElroy on this site please? Possible?

I really dont get the people with this logic. Most of the Jets fans want Sanchez benched yet a lot of them dont believe Tebow is the answer.Add me to that list.
What could it hurt to give the kid a shot. The season is over so why not see what talent he has. If Mark is in all season every bad game he has is just going to make Jets fans everywhere more irate. I mean hell there is more fighting with words between members this year on this site already than Ive seen since I joined.

Yes it is entirely possible that Mcelroy is crap but its is also possible that he could be good. Rex`s competence as a head coach and he so many are questioning his undying loyalty about never benching Sanchez. So tell me is it out of Mcelroy has something to offer???

No. No matter what anyone thinks or says the answer is we just dont know and I personally would like to see if he has anything in his game. If so or if not the question is answered. Not to mention there has been so many success stories in the NFL over the years of late round drafts and undrafted players that you just never know.Brady,Romo,Foster...there is many more above average player in the NFL currently that fit the bill. Mcelroy was a 3rd round pick(if memory serves...correct me if I'm wrong. If he totally sucked he wouldn't have been picked that high in the draft unless Tanny made a bad pick.

Either way fans are restless and most want Mark benched.
0

#14 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,646
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 12 November 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

I really dont get the people with this logic. Most of the Jets fans want Sanchez benched yet a lot of them dont believe Tebow is the answer.Add me to that list.
What could it hurt to give the kid a shot. The season is over so why not see what talent he has. If Mark is in all season every bad game he has is just going to make Jets fans everywhere more irate. I mean hell there is more fighting with words between members this year on this site already than Ive seen since I joined.

Yes it is entirely possible that Mcelroy is crap but its is also possible that he could be good. Rex`s competence as a head coach and he so many are questioning his undying loyalty about never benching Sanchez. So tell me is it out of Mcelroy has something to offer???

No. No matter what anyone thinks or says the answer is we just dont know and I personally would like to see if he has anything in his game. If so or if not the question is answered. Not to mention there has been so many success stories in the NFL over the years of late round drafts and undrafted players that you just never know.Brady,Romo,Foster...there is many more above average player in the NFL currently that fit the bill. Mcelroy was a 3rd round pick(if memory serves...correct me if I'm wrong. If he totally sucked he wouldn't have been picked that high in the draft unless Tanny made a bad pick.

Either way fans are restless and most want Mark benched.


7th rounder....but yea. I don't care who it is at this point as long as it isn't sanchez. Its time to start moving on...anyone would have to be better than what mark is doing.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#15 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,470
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

View Postextmenace, on 12 November 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

7th rounder....but yea. I don't care who it is at this point as long as it isn't sanchez. Its time to start moving on...anyone would have to be better than what mark is doing.
Lol haha. I was way the f*ck off. At least I was smart enough to put "correct me" since I wasn't sure other wise I would've felt like a donkeys ass.
0

#16 User is offline   JETS RULE Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 50
  • Joined: 01-October 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

I've been a Sanchez defender, but enough is enough. Let's look at the facts after 4 yrs in the league:


He's still careless with the football
He still makes bad decisions, today's goal-line INT a prime example, that's a mistake a rookie makes; not a guy 4 yrs into his career.
His completion % has gotten worse each year. 39% ain't gonna cut it.

I like the guy, but we've just gotta face the harsh reality, he's never gonna be a good QB, our front office has screwed him up too much by never keeping any receivers he had chemistry with, they made the mistakes now they gotta own them.

Is Tebow the answer long term, no he isn't but at this point why not put him in it can't get much worse then the pitiful excuse for an offense that we're forced to watch every week. Give him a shot, otherwise why the hell did u trade for him other than to sell seats?
0

#17 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,323
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

McElroy has done nothing to warrant jumping from #3 to becoming the starter. Playing well against bunch of other 3rd stringers and guys who aren't even in the league right now? It wasn't even like he was playing lights out in the preseason against that 3rd string talent. He'd basically be Brooks Bollinger 7 years later.

Look, like it our not we had a traditional QB as a back up in Drew Stanton for about 2 weeks and then we decided to go after Tebow. I didn't understand it then and I still don't understand it today. But he's supposed to be the back up then let him start. I have never once heard of a team benching their starter and jumping to their 3rd string QB. Doesn't matter what we think Tebow can or can't do, he's the back up that's what he was brought in here to do. Frankly it doesn't matter if we were to start Tebow or McElroy because neither of them will play well and we'll likely end up losing the games they start either way.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#18 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 512
  • Joined: 12-September 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Devils Crotch, AZ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 11 November 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

McElroy has done nothing to warrant jumping from #3 to becoming the starter. Playing well against bunch of other 3rd stringers and guys who aren't even in the league right now? It wasn't even like he was playing lights out in the preseason against that 3rd string talent. He'd basically be Brooks Bollinger 7 years later.

Look, like it our not we had a traditional QB as a back up in Drew Stanton for about 2 weeks and then we decided to go after Tebow. I didn't understand it then and I still don't understand it today. But he's supposed to be the back up then let him start. I have never once heard of a team benching their starter and jumping to their 3rd string QB. Doesn't matter what we think Tebow can or can't do, he's the back up that's what he was brought in here to do. Frankly it doesn't matter if we were to start Tebow or McElroy because neither of them will play well and we'll likely end up losing the games they start either way.


McElroy hasnt had a CHANCE to do anything to warrant jumping under center. What, you think the Jets brought Teabag in to LEGIT be a starter? PUT THE SPAY PAINT DOWN!!! With the very few times he was under center last preseason before getting hurt, he looked MUCH more poised than Sanchez. I AM a sanchez supporter & thought McElroy getting hurt saved Mark for another year cause he would have put Mark on the bench. I dont care if Mc came off the dam farm from chuckin cow pies, give him a SHOT! we have NOTHING to lose.
Posted Image
0

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,121
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

People will call for Mcelroy benched as quickly as they called for him to start, guy has no talent. It would be fun watching him check it down to the RB every play.
Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 195
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 12 November 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

McElroy has done nothing to warrant jumping from #3 to becoming the starter. Playing well against bunch of other 3rd stringers and guys who aren't even in the league right now? It wasn't even like he was playing lights out in the preseason against that 3rd string talent. He'd basically be Brooks Bollinger 7 years later.

Look, like it our not we had a traditional QB as a back up in Drew Stanton for about 2 weeks and then we decided to go after Tebow. I didn't understand it then and I still don't understand it today. But he's supposed to be the back up then let him start. I have never once heard of a team benching their starter and jumping to their 3rd string QB. Doesn't matter what we think Tebow can or can't do, he's the back up that's what he was brought in here to do. Frankly it doesn't matter if we were to start Tebow or McElroy because neither of them will play well and we'll likely end up losing the games they start either way.

Denver did it last year. They benched Orton and started 3rd stringer Tebow. Denver made the playoffs.
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users