NYJetsFan.com Forums: Time To Bench Sanchez - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

New York Jets owner, Woody Johnson, named US ambassador to the UK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 03:39 PM) wooooo5-11
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 04:00 PM) J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 05:56 PM) OK so Bill O brien and Sean Payton might get fired according to Fox this morning
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 05:56 PM) I would do anything to get one of them as OC
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 02:19 PM) texans coach? i doubt he gets fired
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 02:19 PM) but he would be ideal if the jets were to flush bowles out
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 04:36 PM) http://www.nj.com/je...trol_of_je.html
azjetfan Icon : (05 January 2017 - 09:54 PM) Sean Payton will get another HC gig. Obrien would be good.
azjetfan Icon : (09 January 2017 - 11:18 PM) Howard from Alabama seems legit. #88 TE
azjetfan Icon : (09 January 2017 - 11:20 PM) Williams the WR from Clemson looks like they are out to get him. He has taken some huge hits
vjdbbq Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:12 AM) We'll take Williams in the first round .
Chadforpresi... Icon : (10 January 2017 - 10:48 AM) I'd love Howard in the 2nd round if he's still there. I like Williams a lot as well, but I just don't see WR being big enough of a need, and there should be better talent on the board at 6
Jetsfan115 Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:21 PM) Raiders OC Musgrave not expected to return to OAK. what do you think about getting him? he did wonders with the oakland offense this year
Chadforpresi... Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:39 PM) Definitely an appealing choice given with his history of progressing Carr. We need someone with a track record of grooming young QBs
MikeGangGree... Icon : (12 January 2017 - 12:36 PM) I want Watson now! after what he did Monday night I'm sold on him at QB. He moved the ball all night on Alabama and after hurts scored that TD he just told his team "Lets end this"
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 January 2017 - 06:31 PM) An Ohio prosecutor says he wants to know what punishment Cincinnati Bengals player Adam "Pacman" Jones faces from the NFL before deciding how to proceed over Jones' latest arrest, Dan Sewell of the Associated Press reports..

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters tells WKRC-TV he's asking "what is the normal" for a player with multiple offenses and who's been suspended before.

An NFL spokesman said on Thursday that Jones' case is "under review" and declined to comment further.

Jones was jailed Jan. 3 on charges he head-butted police and spit on a nurse after his arrest for assault. Authorities say he was so combative he had to be placed in a restraint chair.

Jones says he anticipates the charges will be dismissed.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 January 2017 - 06:32 PM) we wont get watson. he's going 1st overall to the browns
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:06 PM) Is Watson a product of Clemson's staff and supporting cast? Taj Boyd also put up some decent numbers if I remember correctly but he couldn't even make a scout team in the NFL.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:11 PM) From what I have read (although limited) he is not the highest ranked QB in the draft.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:11 PM) "No quarterback in this draft -- not Mitch Trubisky, not Watson, not DeShone Kizer -- is considered a sure thing. The folks at Scouts Inc. rank Trubisky, Watson and Kizer as the 21st, 38th and 46th prospects on their big board, respectively." ESPN
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:12 PM) If we can get a decent return for Richardson we may be able to make a move into the mid teens to early 20s if the Brass really likes Watson.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:13 PM) Personally I don't think the jets have a clue on who they will take. We still have to hit FA and manage our roster
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 11:46 PM) Jets to interview Broncos assistant Studesville for OC
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 January 2017 - 01:28 PM) Why? seems like a weird choice
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 January 2017 - 01:29 PM) Leonard Williams replacing Khalil Mack in Pro Bowl
Chadforpresi... Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:49 PM) I'm not buying Watson, even after that championship game. Dude threw too many picks in his day
Chadforpresi... Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:49 PM) I'm really curious to see what we get for Richardson, but I have a bad feeling his value is at an all time low between his crap season and bad attitude
azjetfan Icon : (14 January 2017 - 12:16 AM) I agree. He is a first round talent but a fourth round headache. We will be lucky to get a 2nd
Chadforpresi... Icon : (14 January 2017 - 08:41 AM) Yeah precisely. 2nd rounder would be a huge stretch. 3rd or 4th is more likely
vjdbbq Icon : (14 January 2017 - 02:18 PM) Send Sheldon someplace he will never see the playoffs ; like Jacksonville ; then he will have time to find da ho's .
azjetfan Icon : (14 January 2017 - 07:25 PM) R Sherman is getting torched by the Falcons.
vjdbbq Icon : (16 January 2017 - 09:37 AM) Pats vs Pitt - root for injuries
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 January 2017 - 12:36 PM) GB-ATL game is gonna be a hell of a shootout. that throw rodgers made on 3rd and 20 with 12 seconds left in a tied game was ridiculous. 35 yards rolling out to his left a perfect placed ball on the sideline.
azjetfan Icon : (16 January 2017 - 10:50 PM) Winters resigned to 4 year deal. $7 million per year
Chadforpresi... Icon : (16 January 2017 - 10:51 PM) Seems like a slightly steep price but overall cool with it, he's turned into a good player and is still young. Just needs to stay healthy.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 January 2017 - 04:12 PM) seems like a good deal. they were saying he could have earned over 8 million in the open market
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) Where's Rob ?
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) Is he looking for a new ass ?
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) :saythat:
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:13 AM) :trink39:
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 January 2017 - 01:32 PM) 4 years 29 mil 15 mil guarenteed. so 7.25mil a year for winters. a nice bargain. he took a hometown discount. seems like a good guy. well done winters and mac
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 January 2017 - 04:33 PM) Jets hire Dennard Wilson as defensive backs coach
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) Trump to name Jets' owner Woody Johnson U.K. ambassador
vjdbbq Icon : (Yesterday, 06:04 PM) Maybe Woody will take the Jets with him to London . PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 11:13 AM) Mark Gastineau says he has dementia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Time To Bench Sanchez

#1 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,647
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

He is absolutely terrible. People can compare sanchez to eli manning's stats in their first few seasons but manning showed flashes. Sanchez is getting worse game in and game out. He can't even move around in the pocket many more. Tebow is probably worse but I bet the team would play harder for him. The season is over, no chance of playoffs in site and the team is getting embarrassed. Its time to send a message, bench sanchez. He is the root of the problem as far as the teams struggles go. Sanchez is a lost cause, a bum, and just isn't talented enough to lead an NFL offense. It seems like the offense has no drive, no will to win. Put tebow in and at least we'll see some passion on the offense. And if tebow doesn't work out, we'll have the excuse to give mccelroy a shot. Something has to change at the QB position...sanchez isn't working.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#2 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,190
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

Yes.
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26
0

#3 User is offline   SoReALSoJetS Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 116
  • Joined: 03-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:los angeles
  • Interests:THE JETS

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

I see more fight in Tebow out there and shit just play tebow. Maybe tebow shows he can be a starter and we can trade sanchez and revis for some skill postion players or draft picks. The D was great today and they should not be blamed.
"SO REAL SO JETS"
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,137
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

It makes no sense for Rex to continue to play Sanchez, unless he really wants to get fired... Its amazing how Sanchez has never been benched before, no matter how awful he has played. Make the switch now, give Tebow a look and then address QB this offseason.
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   SackExchange71 Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: 28-May 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nassau-518- New York.
  • Interests:STRIVE TOBE THE BEST CRAFT BiER BREW MASTER PERIOD!

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

sanchez. is done in ny hes had 4 years now and hes only gotton worse grant it his weapons are always changing week in and week out but still his decsion making is horrible.thats 9 turnovers in the redzone take a sack or throw it away wtf.and i was a big sanchez supporter but its time. and hell no with all this tebow talk-point blank hes more terrible then sanchez.tebow is really only a situational player he had a hard time thorwing a 5yard out pass to kerley and to be honest the jets really dont have the personel to make it work either. so this is my petition to go all in and hand it over to mcelroy. whats it really gonna hurt?
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,069
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Agreed.

Time to completely turn the page. Atleast Rex is falling on his sword and we won't have to deal with his unprepared sack of shit teams every week.
0

#7 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 3,189
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 11 November 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

It makes no sense for Rex to continue to play Sanchez, unless he really wants to get fired


I'm good with that. See ya Rex. Give me Chip Kelly. Fans can live with an adequate D coach. I would prefer that over an inadequate head coach who can't get over his player loyalties anyway.
0

#8 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,335
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

View PostSoReALSoJetS, on 11 November 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

I see more fight in Tebow out there and shit just play tebow. Maybe tebow shows he can be a starter and we can trade sanchez and revis for some skill postion players or draft picks. The D was great today and they should not be blamed.


Are you drunk? Trade Revis for players and picks? This ain't the NBA. And who in the hell would want to trade for Sanchez at this point? He's only hurting his trade value the more he plays.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#9 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,069
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostChaos, on 11 November 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

I'm good with that. See ya Rex. Give me Chip Kelly. Fans can live with an adequate D coach. I would prefer that over an inadequate head coach who can't get over his player loyalties anyway.


Haha.

Chip Kelly...
0

#10 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,173
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

You're all idiots whoever out there is saying to trade Revis.
Posted Image
0

#11 User is offline   stu23 Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 133
  • Joined: 04-April 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

I agree...bypass Tebow and go to McElroy. There are enough games remaining to get a good look at him.



View PostSackExchange71, on 11 November 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

sanchez. is done in ny hes had 4 years now and hes only gotton worse grant it his weapons are always changing week in and week out but still his decsion making is horrible.thats 9 turnovers in the redzone take a sack or throw it away wtf.and i was a big sanchez supporter but its time. and hell no with all this tebow talk-point blank hes more terrible then sanchez.tebow is really only a situational player he had a hard time thorwing a 5yard out pass to kerley and to be honest the jets really dont have the personel to make it work either. so this is my petition to go all in and hand it over to mcelroy. whats it really gonna hurt?

0

#12 User is offline   2JBallar01 Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 165
  • Joined: 13-December 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Can we ban the name McElroy on this site please? Possible?
0

#13 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,543
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

View Post2JBallar01, on 11 November 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

Can we ban the name McElroy on this site please? Possible?

I really dont get the people with this logic. Most of the Jets fans want Sanchez benched yet a lot of them dont believe Tebow is the answer.Add me to that list.
What could it hurt to give the kid a shot. The season is over so why not see what talent he has. If Mark is in all season every bad game he has is just going to make Jets fans everywhere more irate. I mean hell there is more fighting with words between members this year on this site already than Ive seen since I joined.

Yes it is entirely possible that Mcelroy is crap but its is also possible that he could be good. Rex`s competence as a head coach and he so many are questioning his undying loyalty about never benching Sanchez. So tell me is it out of Mcelroy has something to offer???

No. No matter what anyone thinks or says the answer is we just dont know and I personally would like to see if he has anything in his game. If so or if not the question is answered. Not to mention there has been so many success stories in the NFL over the years of late round drafts and undrafted players that you just never know.Brady,Romo,Foster...there is many more above average player in the NFL currently that fit the bill. Mcelroy was a 3rd round pick(if memory serves...correct me if I'm wrong. If he totally sucked he wouldn't have been picked that high in the draft unless Tanny made a bad pick.

Either way fans are restless and most want Mark benched.
0

#14 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,647
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 12 November 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

I really dont get the people with this logic. Most of the Jets fans want Sanchez benched yet a lot of them dont believe Tebow is the answer.Add me to that list.
What could it hurt to give the kid a shot. The season is over so why not see what talent he has. If Mark is in all season every bad game he has is just going to make Jets fans everywhere more irate. I mean hell there is more fighting with words between members this year on this site already than Ive seen since I joined.

Yes it is entirely possible that Mcelroy is crap but its is also possible that he could be good. Rex`s competence as a head coach and he so many are questioning his undying loyalty about never benching Sanchez. So tell me is it out of Mcelroy has something to offer???

No. No matter what anyone thinks or says the answer is we just dont know and I personally would like to see if he has anything in his game. If so or if not the question is answered. Not to mention there has been so many success stories in the NFL over the years of late round drafts and undrafted players that you just never know.Brady,Romo,Foster...there is many more above average player in the NFL currently that fit the bill. Mcelroy was a 3rd round pick(if memory serves...correct me if I'm wrong. If he totally sucked he wouldn't have been picked that high in the draft unless Tanny made a bad pick.

Either way fans are restless and most want Mark benched.


7th rounder....but yea. I don't care who it is at this point as long as it isn't sanchez. Its time to start moving on...anyone would have to be better than what mark is doing.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#15 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,543
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

View Postextmenace, on 12 November 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

7th rounder....but yea. I don't care who it is at this point as long as it isn't sanchez. Its time to start moving on...anyone would have to be better than what mark is doing.
Lol haha. I was way the f*ck off. At least I was smart enough to put "correct me" since I wasn't sure other wise I would've felt like a donkeys ass.
0

#16 User is offline   JETS RULE Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 50
  • Joined: 01-October 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

I've been a Sanchez defender, but enough is enough. Let's look at the facts after 4 yrs in the league:


He's still careless with the football
He still makes bad decisions, today's goal-line INT a prime example, that's a mistake a rookie makes; not a guy 4 yrs into his career.
His completion % has gotten worse each year. 39% ain't gonna cut it.

I like the guy, but we've just gotta face the harsh reality, he's never gonna be a good QB, our front office has screwed him up too much by never keeping any receivers he had chemistry with, they made the mistakes now they gotta own them.

Is Tebow the answer long term, no he isn't but at this point why not put him in it can't get much worse then the pitiful excuse for an offense that we're forced to watch every week. Give him a shot, otherwise why the hell did u trade for him other than to sell seats?
0

#17 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,335
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

McElroy has done nothing to warrant jumping from #3 to becoming the starter. Playing well against bunch of other 3rd stringers and guys who aren't even in the league right now? It wasn't even like he was playing lights out in the preseason against that 3rd string talent. He'd basically be Brooks Bollinger 7 years later.

Look, like it our not we had a traditional QB as a back up in Drew Stanton for about 2 weeks and then we decided to go after Tebow. I didn't understand it then and I still don't understand it today. But he's supposed to be the back up then let him start. I have never once heard of a team benching their starter and jumping to their 3rd string QB. Doesn't matter what we think Tebow can or can't do, he's the back up that's what he was brought in here to do. Frankly it doesn't matter if we were to start Tebow or McElroy because neither of them will play well and we'll likely end up losing the games they start either way.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#18 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 512
  • Joined: 12-September 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Devils Crotch, AZ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 11 November 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

McElroy has done nothing to warrant jumping from #3 to becoming the starter. Playing well against bunch of other 3rd stringers and guys who aren't even in the league right now? It wasn't even like he was playing lights out in the preseason against that 3rd string talent. He'd basically be Brooks Bollinger 7 years later.

Look, like it our not we had a traditional QB as a back up in Drew Stanton for about 2 weeks and then we decided to go after Tebow. I didn't understand it then and I still don't understand it today. But he's supposed to be the back up then let him start. I have never once heard of a team benching their starter and jumping to their 3rd string QB. Doesn't matter what we think Tebow can or can't do, he's the back up that's what he was brought in here to do. Frankly it doesn't matter if we were to start Tebow or McElroy because neither of them will play well and we'll likely end up losing the games they start either way.


McElroy hasnt had a CHANCE to do anything to warrant jumping under center. What, you think the Jets brought Teabag in to LEGIT be a starter? PUT THE SPAY PAINT DOWN!!! With the very few times he was under center last preseason before getting hurt, he looked MUCH more poised than Sanchez. I AM a sanchez supporter & thought McElroy getting hurt saved Mark for another year cause he would have put Mark on the bench. I dont care if Mc came off the dam farm from chuckin cow pies, give him a SHOT! we have NOTHING to lose.
Posted Image
0

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,137
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

People will call for Mcelroy benched as quickly as they called for him to start, guy has no talent. It would be fun watching him check it down to the RB every play.
Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 195
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 12 November 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

McElroy has done nothing to warrant jumping from #3 to becoming the starter. Playing well against bunch of other 3rd stringers and guys who aren't even in the league right now? It wasn't even like he was playing lights out in the preseason against that 3rd string talent. He'd basically be Brooks Bollinger 7 years later.

Look, like it our not we had a traditional QB as a back up in Drew Stanton for about 2 weeks and then we decided to go after Tebow. I didn't understand it then and I still don't understand it today. But he's supposed to be the back up then let him start. I have never once heard of a team benching their starter and jumping to their 3rd string QB. Doesn't matter what we think Tebow can or can't do, he's the back up that's what he was brought in here to do. Frankly it doesn't matter if we were to start Tebow or McElroy because neither of them will play well and we'll likely end up losing the games they start either way.

Denver did it last year. They benched Orton and started 3rd stringer Tebow. Denver made the playoffs.
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users