NYJetsFan.com Forums: Time To Bench Sanchez - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 AM) Pineda solid pro
santana Icon : (Today, 07:19 AM) Pineda went Boston strong on Boston
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:57 AM) He has, except he is stupid for putting the shit on his neck. He has to hide that better.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) @Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) now that would be a fairly big move
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:46 AM) If they trade Suh to get Watkins, I would laugh. That doesn't really make their team better, they already have a high yardage passing attack
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:47 AM) They have the best WR in football and they signed Tate who will be a excellent #2 to Johnson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:53 AM) too many smokes screens. f*** the extra 2 weeks of this shit, the draft should be tonight!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:04 PM) The media is so dumb, Jon Gieger Revis' best friend tweets a pic from the Jets website and says it's revis, and all of the media goes along with it making fun of the Jets when it was really Jeremy Kerleyr.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 08:29 PM) uh oh - "Bradley Roby charged with operating a vehicle under the influence"
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 10:56 PM) THE YANKEES
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Time To Bench Sanchez

#1 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

He is absolutely terrible. People can compare sanchez to eli manning's stats in their first few seasons but manning showed flashes. Sanchez is getting worse game in and game out. He can't even move around in the pocket many more. Tebow is probably worse but I bet the team would play harder for him. The season is over, no chance of playoffs in site and the team is getting embarrassed. Its time to send a message, bench sanchez. He is the root of the problem as far as the teams struggles go. Sanchez is a lost cause, a bum, and just isn't talented enough to lead an NFL offense. It seems like the offense has no drive, no will to win. Put tebow in and at least we'll see some passion on the offense. And if tebow doesn't work out, we'll have the excuse to give mccelroy a shot. Something has to change at the QB position...sanchez isn't working.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#2 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

Yes.
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#3 User is offline   SoReALSoJetS Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:THE JETS

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

I see more fight in Tebow out there and shit just play tebow. Maybe tebow shows he can be a starter and we can trade sanchez and revis for some skill postion players or draft picks. The D was great today and they should not be blamed.
"SO REAL SO JETS"
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

It makes no sense for Rex to continue to play Sanchez, unless he really wants to get fired... Its amazing how Sanchez has never been benched before, no matter how awful he has played. Make the switch now, give Tebow a look and then address QB this offseason.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   SackExchange71 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:Everything & Anything !

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

sanchez. is done in ny hes had 4 years now and hes only gotton worse grant it his weapons are always changing week in and week out but still his decsion making is horrible.thats 9 turnovers in the redzone take a sack or throw it away wtf.and i was a big sanchez supporter but its time. and hell no with all this tebow talk-point blank hes more terrible then sanchez.tebow is really only a situational player he had a hard time thorwing a 5yard out pass to kerley and to be honest the jets really dont have the personel to make it work either. so this is my petition to go all in and hand it over to mcelroy. whats it really gonna hurt?

#6 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Agreed.

Time to completely turn the page. Atleast Rex is falling on his sword and we won't have to deal with his unprepared sack of shit teams every week.

#7 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 11 November 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

It makes no sense for Rex to continue to play Sanchez, unless he really wants to get fired

I'm good with that. See ya Rex. Give me Chip Kelly. Fans can live with an adequate D coach. I would prefer that over an inadequate head coach who can't get over his player loyalties anyway.

#8 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

View PostSoReALSoJetS, on 11 November 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

I see more fight in Tebow out there and shit just play tebow. Maybe tebow shows he can be a starter and we can trade sanchez and revis for some skill postion players or draft picks. The D was great today and they should not be blamed.

Are you drunk? Trade Revis for players and picks? This ain't the NBA. And who in the hell would want to trade for Sanchez at this point? He's only hurting his trade value the more he plays.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#9 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostChaos, on 11 November 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

I'm good with that. See ya Rex. Give me Chip Kelly. Fans can live with an adequate D coach. I would prefer that over an inadequate head coach who can't get over his player loyalties anyway.

Haha.

Chip Kelly...

#10 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

You're all idiots whoever out there is saying to trade Revis.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   stu23 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

I agree...bypass Tebow and go to McElroy. There are enough games remaining to get a good look at him.

View PostSackExchange71, on 11 November 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

sanchez. is done in ny hes had 4 years now and hes only gotton worse grant it his weapons are always changing week in and week out but still his decsion making is horrible.thats 9 turnovers in the redzone take a sack or throw it away wtf.and i was a big sanchez supporter but its time. and hell no with all this tebow talk-point blank hes more terrible then sanchez.tebow is really only a situational player he had a hard time thorwing a 5yard out pass to kerley and to be honest the jets really dont have the personel to make it work either. so this is my petition to go all in and hand it over to mcelroy. whats it really gonna hurt?

#12 User is offline   2JBallar01 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Can we ban the name McElroy on this site please? Possible?

#13 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

View Post2JBallar01, on 11 November 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

Can we ban the name McElroy on this site please? Possible?

I really dont get the people with this logic. Most of the Jets fans want Sanchez benched yet a lot of them dont believe Tebow is the answer.Add me to that list.
What could it hurt to give the kid a shot. The season is over so why not see what talent he has. If Mark is in all season every bad game he has is just going to make Jets fans everywhere more irate. I mean hell there is more fighting with words between members this year on this site already than Ive seen since I joined.

Yes it is entirely possible that Mcelroy is crap but its is also possible that he could be good. Rex`s competence as a head coach and he so many are questioning his undying loyalty about never benching Sanchez. So tell me is it out of Mcelroy has something to offer???

No. No matter what anyone thinks or says the answer is we just dont know and I personally would like to see if he has anything in his game. If so or if not the question is answered. Not to mention there has been so many success stories in the NFL over the years of late round drafts and undrafted players that you just never know.Brady,Romo,Foster...there is many more above average player in the NFL currently that fit the bill. Mcelroy was a 3rd round pick(if memory serves...correct me if I'm wrong. If he totally sucked he wouldn't have been picked that high in the draft unless Tanny made a bad pick.

Either way fans are restless and most want Mark benched.

#14 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 12 November 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

I really dont get the people with this logic. Most of the Jets fans want Sanchez benched yet a lot of them dont believe Tebow is the answer.Add me to that list.
What could it hurt to give the kid a shot. The season is over so why not see what talent he has. If Mark is in all season every bad game he has is just going to make Jets fans everywhere more irate. I mean hell there is more fighting with words between members this year on this site already than Ive seen since I joined.

Yes it is entirely possible that Mcelroy is crap but its is also possible that he could be good. Rex`s competence as a head coach and he so many are questioning his undying loyalty about never benching Sanchez. So tell me is it out of Mcelroy has something to offer???

No. No matter what anyone thinks or says the answer is we just dont know and I personally would like to see if he has anything in his game. If so or if not the question is answered. Not to mention there has been so many success stories in the NFL over the years of late round drafts and undrafted players that you just never know.Brady,Romo,Foster...there is many more above average player in the NFL currently that fit the bill. Mcelroy was a 3rd round pick(if memory serves...correct me if I'm wrong. If he totally sucked he wouldn't have been picked that high in the draft unless Tanny made a bad pick.

Either way fans are restless and most want Mark benched.

7th rounder....but yea. I don't care who it is at this point as long as it isn't sanchez. Its time to start moving on...anyone would have to be better than what mark is doing.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#15 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

View Postextmenace, on 12 November 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

7th rounder....but yea. I don't care who it is at this point as long as it isn't sanchez. Its time to start moving on...anyone would have to be better than what mark is doing.
Lol haha. I was way the f*ck off. At least I was smart enough to put "correct me" since I wasn't sure other wise I would've felt like a donkeys ass.

#16 User is offline   JETS RULE Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

I've been a Sanchez defender, but enough is enough. Let's look at the facts after 4 yrs in the league:

He's still careless with the football
He still makes bad decisions, today's goal-line INT a prime example, that's a mistake a rookie makes; not a guy 4 yrs into his career.
His completion % has gotten worse each year. 39% ain't gonna cut it.

I like the guy, but we've just gotta face the harsh reality, he's never gonna be a good QB, our front office has screwed him up too much by never keeping any receivers he had chemistry with, they made the mistakes now they gotta own them.

Is Tebow the answer long term, no he isn't but at this point why not put him in it can't get much worse then the pitiful excuse for an offense that we're forced to watch every week. Give him a shot, otherwise why the hell did u trade for him other than to sell seats?

#17 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

McElroy has done nothing to warrant jumping from #3 to becoming the starter. Playing well against bunch of other 3rd stringers and guys who aren't even in the league right now? It wasn't even like he was playing lights out in the preseason against that 3rd string talent. He'd basically be Brooks Bollinger 7 years later.

Look, like it our not we had a traditional QB as a back up in Drew Stanton for about 2 weeks and then we decided to go after Tebow. I didn't understand it then and I still don't understand it today. But he's supposed to be the back up then let him start. I have never once heard of a team benching their starter and jumping to their 3rd string QB. Doesn't matter what we think Tebow can or can't do, he's the back up that's what he was brought in here to do. Frankly it doesn't matter if we were to start Tebow or McElroy because neither of them will play well and we'll likely end up losing the games they start either way.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#18 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 11 November 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

McElroy has done nothing to warrant jumping from #3 to becoming the starter. Playing well against bunch of other 3rd stringers and guys who aren't even in the league right now? It wasn't even like he was playing lights out in the preseason against that 3rd string talent. He'd basically be Brooks Bollinger 7 years later.

Look, like it our not we had a traditional QB as a back up in Drew Stanton for about 2 weeks and then we decided to go after Tebow. I didn't understand it then and I still don't understand it today. But he's supposed to be the back up then let him start. I have never once heard of a team benching their starter and jumping to their 3rd string QB. Doesn't matter what we think Tebow can or can't do, he's the back up that's what he was brought in here to do. Frankly it doesn't matter if we were to start Tebow or McElroy because neither of them will play well and we'll likely end up losing the games they start either way.

McElroy hasnt had a CHANCE to do anything to warrant jumping under center. What, you think the Jets brought Teabag in to LEGIT be a starter? PUT THE SPAY PAINT DOWN!!! With the very few times he was under center last preseason before getting hurt, he looked MUCH more poised than Sanchez. I AM a sanchez supporter & thought McElroy getting hurt saved Mark for another year cause he would have put Mark on the bench. I dont care if Mc came off the dam farm from chuckin cow pies, give him a SHOT! we have NOTHING to lose.
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

People will call for Mcelroy benched as quickly as they called for him to start, guy has no talent. It would be fun watching him check it down to the RB every play.
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 12 November 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

Denver did it last year. They benched Orton and started 3rd stringer Tebow. Denver made the playoffs.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users