NYJetsFan.com Forums: Time To Bench Sanchez - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:11 PM) offesnive tehhhh
santana Icon : (Today, 01:46 PM) 05 on point today
santana Icon : (Today, 02:36 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:31 PM) It's 0099's favorite day of the year
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:32 PM) it's National High-5 day :WTF:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:32 PM) who the hell high 5's people anymore
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:32 PM) just dap and leave it there
santana Icon : (Today, 05:43 PM) everyone high 5s
santana Icon : (Today, 05:44 PM) bubba watson when he won the masters last weekend went through a gauntlet of high 5s
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:05 PM) GG03 is the high 5 master
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:07 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Time To Bench Sanchez

#21 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 12 November 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

McElroy has done nothing to warrant jumping from #3 to becoming the starter. Playing well against bunch of other 3rd stringers and guys who aren't even in the league right now? It wasn't even like he was playing lights out in the preseason against that 3rd string talent. He'd basically be Brooks Bollinger 7 years later.

Look, like it our not we had a traditional QB as a back up in Drew Stanton for about 2 weeks and then we decided to go after Tebow. I didn't understand it then and I still don't understand it today. But he's supposed to be the back up then let him start. I have never once heard of a team benching their starter and jumping to their 3rd string QB. Doesn't matter what we think Tebow can or can't do, he's the back up that's what he was brought in here to do. Frankly it doesn't matter if we were to start Tebow or McElroy because neither of them will play well and we'll likely end up losing the games they start either way.

It's really been seven years since Bollinger started a good portion of the season?! Time does fly!

Definitely a good point about Stanton. Trading him is the reason why certain fans are calling for the third stringer to replace Sanchez rather than go with Tebow. If that happens though, Rex and Tannenbaum are going to look completely daft; it would be a sign they have no confidence in Tebow being capable of starting at quarterback in the league and would make a mockery of the decision to trade draft picks to Denver for him. The New York media would have a field day with it too and you'd wonder whether either would be able to stay in their jobs at the end of season because of it. That's the main reason why McElroy will keep on wearing training gear on the sidelines.

Going back to the subject of the thread - Sanchez - yeah it's time to bench him. I don't hold much hope that his replacement will fare any better, however.

#22 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

View Postchocomag, on 12 November 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

Denver did it last year. They benched Orton and started 3rd stringer Tebow. Denver made the playoffs.

Not necessarily

http://profootballta...-second-string/

Officially, Tebow is neither third string nor second string

Posted by Mike Florio on September 14, 2011, 3:48 PM EST

Getty Images
While doing some research (yes, I do some research . . . sometimes) for todayís PFT Live, I noticed something odd on the Broncos online depth chart.

Though itís widely believed that Tim Tebow is the third-string quarterback in Denver, he isnít. But he isnít the second-stringer, either.

On the teamís three-deep depth chart, the second string quarterback is ďBrady Quinn or Tim Tebow.Ē Given the elimination of the emergency quarterback rule, it doesnít matter whoís No. 2 or No. 3 if both guys will be among the 46 active players on game day. But the teamís reluctance to apply the official second-string or third-string label makes little sense.

It could be that the Broncos donít want to expose Tebow to the official indignity of being the third-string quarterback, and that the team also doesnít want Tebow to be in the on-deck circle behind the starter on a team that could once again struggle.

Either way, at some point the fans will demand ó loudly ó that Tebow plays. And it wonít matter where he is on the depth chart. For more, check out the first segment of todayís PFT Live.

Posted Image

#23 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Its been time for the last few weeks. However Rex knows once he benches him its all over and I just don't think he's ready to pull the plug on Marks career.

Also you can tell Tebow had nothing to do with Rex. Rex wanted nothing to do with him. This was a move Woody made and Woody alone.

This team is awful and it starts from the top. Sanchez and Rex are just fall guys to the incompetence.

#24 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostarizonaJETSfan, on 12 November 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

McElroy hasnt had a CHANCE to do anything to warrant jumping under center. What, you think the Jets brought Teabag in to LEGIT be a starter? PUT THE SPAY PAINT DOWN!!! With the very few times he was under center last preseason before getting hurt, he looked MUCH more poised than Sanchez. I AM a sanchez supporter & thought McElroy getting hurt saved Mark for another year cause he would have put Mark on the bench. I dont care if Mc came off the dam farm from chuckin cow pies, give him a SHOT! we have NOTHING to lose.

See the use of the word "Teabag" shows that you're biased and not looking at this situation logically. YOU don't like Tebow so that's a good enough reason to skip him and go directly to McElroy. AS I'VE ALREADY SAID. I was not in favor of the trade for Tebow when it happened. I didn't understand it then and I understand it even less now. I'd prefer we had kept Drew Stanton or some other traditional QB. So I'm not a "Teabag" fan. He's a nice young man who while he was at Florida I thought like many others thought his game would not translate to the NFL. Now having said that you guys that are now jumping on the McElroy bandwagon are NOT because of anything he's done on the field. But because his name is neither "Sanchez (aka Shitchez)" or "Tebow (aka Teabag)" he gets to become the starter. So basically it's just who's ever next on the list. It could be quarterback John Generic as our 3rd string QB as long as it's not Sanchez or Tebow. Please save me the he showed poise in the PRESEASON argument. You had to have laughed right after you wrote that and you had to have known what I was going to reply with. Poise against a bunch of other 3rd stringers and guys who aren't in the league right now? Was that poise against guys like Ray Lewis or Justin Tuck? No it wasn't. If your going to bench your starter you don't just bypass your 2nd QB and go directly to your 3rd string QB. Especially just because some of the fans don't like the 2nd stringer and don't think he'll play well. Tebow get's his chance first not McElroy, that's why the depth chart is called the depth CHART. If McElroy wants to move up the depth chart he should have did it during training camp.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#25 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

The Jets are at this point now due to the lack of preseason touchdowns. Duh
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   SoReALSoJetS Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:THE JETS

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 11 November 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

Are you drunk? Trade Revis for players and picks? This ain't the NBA. And who in the hell would want to trade for Sanchez at this point? He's only hurting his trade value the more he plays.

not drunk just pissed off man...they suck
"SO REAL SO JETS"
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

View PostSoReALSoJetS, on 14 November 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

"Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read... It's like he channels dead crazy people!"

-brock sampson
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#28 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

View PostSoReALSoJetS, on 14 November 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

They do suck but that's no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#29 User is offline   stu23 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

Apparently not...see my posts in early November calling for McElroy. It's about time and the right move to bypass Tebow.

View Post2JBallar01, on 11 November 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

Can we ban the name McElroy on this site please? Possible?

#30 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

Just because the team holds onto Tebow to make money doesn't make him the number two. His "#2" tag has been about as illegitimate this year as you can get. Since when does a team skip it's number two QB and go to number three? How about, since when does a team refuse to play it's number two under any circumstance, including extremely poor performance by the starer? The coaching staff clearly has no faith in Tebow and hasn't. Pretending like he is getting bypassed for an opportunity is a joke.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#31 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 12 November 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

McElroy has done nothing to warrant jumping from #3 to becoming the starter. Playing well against bunch of other 3rd stringers and guys who aren't even in the league right now? It wasn't even like he was playing lights out in the preseason against that 3rd string talent. He'd basically be Brooks Bollinger 7 years later.

Look, like it our not we had a traditional QB as a back up in Drew Stanton for about 2 weeks and then we decided to go after Tebow. I didn't understand it then and I still don't understand it today. But he's supposed to be the back up then let him start. I have never once heard of a team benching their starter and jumping to their 3rd string QB. Doesn't matter what we think Tebow can or can't do, he's the back up that's what he was brought in here to do. Frankly it doesn't matter if we were to start Tebow or McElroy because neither of them will play well and we'll likely end up losing the games they start either way.

I don't think you are getting it. Stop thinking like someone who wants to win and do the right thing. This is the Jets. The reason they aren't putting Tebow out there is that if he does well, us - the fans and the prsss will be screaming that he was screwed and this should have been done a long time ago. McElroy gives us some of that but nowhere near as much and only in the NY press.

I am a McElroy fan - insomuch as I think a kid who played 4 years of college for a national powerhouse and takes them to a championship after having an amazing high school career deserves a chance. I think he has the head for the game which we all know Sanchez did not. If he can handle the pressure and read defenses we are way ahead of where we are with Sanchez. But - I do believe Tebow has been screwed royally by us and would have understood that the right thing to do was to start Tebow.

This Jet brain trust has made some of the worst moves I have ever seen - the most egregious being the contract afforded Sanchez because they hurt his feelings going after Manning. But there have been a number of them. It's time to clean house and find a GM who is proven and let him get the coach or keep Ryan. My problem with Ryan is everytime I read he talks to others in the Jets organization about who should start and then he decides. Can you imagine Bellichick or Parcells walking around asking others who he should start?

#32 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

View Postchocomag, on 19 December 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

I don't think you are getting it. Stop thinking like someone who wants to win and do the right thing. This is the Jets. The reason they aren't putting Tebow out there is that if he does well, us - the fans and the prsss will be screaming that he was screwed and this should have been done a long time ago. McElroy gives us some of that but nowhere near as much and only in the NY press.

I am a McElroy fan - insomuch as I think a kid who played 4 years of college for a national powerhouse and takes them to a championship after having an amazing high school career deserves a chance. I think he has the head for the game which we all know Sanchez did not. If he can handle the pressure and read defenses we are way ahead of where we are with Sanchez. But - I do believe Tebow has been screwed royally by us and would have understood that the right thing to do was to start Tebow.

This Jet brain trust has made some of the worst moves I have ever seen - the most egregious being the contract afforded Sanchez because they hurt his feelings going after Manning. But there have been a number of them. It's time to clean house and find a GM who is proven and let him get the coach or keep Ryan. My problem with Ryan is everytime I read he talks to others in the Jets organization about who should start and then he decides. Can you imagine Bellichick or Parcells walking around asking others who he should start?

Why are you arguing with things I said over a month ago? The Jets have played 5 games since I wrote that. Things change and viewpoints change. What frustrated me back then was some people around here were trying to justify their argument for starting McElroy by talking about his performance in the preseason when he was playing against much lesser talent. Basically what I was saying is that it doesn't matter who we start Tebow or McElory because there are still going to be growing pains and we'd still likely lose those games anyway.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users