NYJetsFan.com Forums: Time To... - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:11 PM) offesnive tehhhh
santana Icon : (Today, 01:46 PM) 05 on point today
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Time To...

#1 User is offline   stu23 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Clearly I'm not saying something new, but this season is now officially OVER. Cannot wait for the spin doctors at Jets HQ to try to put a positive spin on this, e.g., "It was a loss but we kept'em under 30 points" or maybe "our D played well, but we were focused on the playoffs".

This is what should happen...hopefully the team is so demoralized that they lose the remainder of their games. In turn, Tannenbaum is fired, Sanchez is traded to some needy (read: STUPID) team, Tebow is cut loose and I think I tired of Rex too, a this point. Of course there's also plenty of guys too old to move on during what will be "the next era of rebuilding".
With 3-4 wins, they should find themselves near the top of the draft to secure a "franchise QB...read: Collin Klein). Also to be given serious consideration and it will not be popular (I'm a big
fan of his) is to trade Revis for a couple of picks. The Jets need to load up on picks, allowing whomever they bring in (he needs to have a solid football pedigree) to add through the draft. As well, from a caching perspective, I think you throw the kitchen sink at Bill Cowher to get him in hear.

Of course I wish the team would get sold, but Woody won't do that as it's his toy. Does anyone ever look at the crosstown Giants or Steelers and say, "they've got a solid organization and even during down years it's not so bad?". How s it that te Steelers have had only 3 head coaches in the last 40 years?

There are very few bright spots on this team, so why not rebuild...AGAIN.

#2 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

You don't trade a player like Revis for "a couple of picks"
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   stu23 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

So, what do you get for the CB in the NFL who is coming off major knee surgery and whose contract situation with his team is a mess? Trust me, I love the guy, but it could be 3-4 years before the Jets could contend.

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 11 November 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

You don't trade a player like Revis for "a couple of picks"

#4 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

When healthy he's proven to be in the running as one of the top (if not the top) CBs to ever play. Even hurt i hope he heals up and gets back to work asap but this team will NOT improve by trading away a player of his caliber. You long time Jets fans want to bitch about never striking gold on a player and when the team does, you want him gone.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Can anybody give me an example of anytime in NFL history when trading an elite player and a possible future Hall of Famer for a couple of draft picks has ever worked for the team that got the draft picks?
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#6 User is offline   nejets2820 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 11 November 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

Can anybody give me an example of anytime in NFL history when trading an elite player and a possible future Hall of Famer for a couple of draft picks has ever worked for the team that got the draft picks?

The 90's Cowboys.....

Posted Image

#7 User is online   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

This team is severely lacking on talent and some of you guys want to trade the team's most talented player?

#8 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

View Poststu23, on 11 November 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

Clearly I'm not saying something new, but this season is now officially OVER. Cannot wait for the spin doctors at Jets HQ to try to put a positive spin on this, e.g., "It was a loss but we kept'em under 30 points" or maybe "our D played well, but we were focused on the playoffs".

This is what should happen...hopefully the team is so demoralized that they lose the remainder of their games. In turn, Tannenbaum is fired, Sanchez is traded to some needy (read: STUPID) team, Tebow is cut loose and I think I tired of Rex too, a this point. Of course there's also plenty of guys too old to move on during what will be "the next era of rebuilding".
With 3-4 wins, they should find themselves near the top of the draft to secure a "franchise QB...read: Collin Klein). Also to be given serious consideration and it will not be popular (I'm a big
fan of his) is to trade Revis for a couple of picks. The Jets need to load up on picks, allowing whomever they bring in (he needs to have a solid football pedigree) to add through the draft. As well, from a caching perspective, I think you throw the kitchen sink at Bill Cowher to get him in hear.

Of course I wish the team would get sold, but Woody won't do that as it's his toy. Does anyone ever look at the crosstown Giants or Steelers and say, "they've got a solid organization and even during down years it's not so bad?". How s it that te Steelers have had only 3 head coaches in the last 40 years?

There are very few bright spots on this team, so why not rebuild...AGAIN.

i dont post on here anymore because it's not worth my time, but this is too much for me not to say anything about. so a few points to make for you.

1. No one will take Sanchez in a trade. (Only option would be USC wash up loving Oakland but they spent too much on Palmer).
2. Your option for savior is Collin Klein? Really? Yes get rid of Tebow and replace him with a qb that has the same exact style of playPosted Image

3. Rex won't be fired.

4. You don't trade your franchise player (Revis, i only say because i feel for you it needs to actually be spelled out).

5. We never went into a REAL rebuilding mode in the first place, which is the entire problem with this team.

6. At least Woody Johnson is willing to spend money.

7. The Jets aren't going winless in the 2nd half of the season so this is all pointless.

just honestly, what the heck?
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

View Postnejets2820, on 11 November 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

The 90's Cowboys.....

They already had Michael Irvin and Troy Aikman before they traded Herschel Walker.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#10 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 11 November 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

Can anybody give me an example of anytime in NFL history when trading an elite player and a possible future Hall of Famer for a couple of draft picks has ever worked for the team that got the draft picks

Err....Peyton Manning??? I'm just messing with you. He was released not traded.

That said I can think of one player right off the bat. Marshall Faulk...ironically from the Colts. F*cking Colts.

And by the way I definitely dont want Revis traded either. The only way I would even consider it is if there was a 1st pick involved with a qb type with the prospect of Luck or a rb like Peterson in the draft. Bad this is you just never know how they will turn out.

#11 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 12 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Err....Peyton Manning??? I'm just messing with you. He was released not traded.

That said I can think of one player right off the bat. Marshall Faulk...ironically from the Colts. F*cking Colts.

And by the way I definitely dont want Revis traded either. The only way I would even consider it is if there was a 1st pick involved with a qb type with the prospect of Luck or a rb like Peterson in the draft. Bad this is you just never know how they will turn out.

Who did the Colts get with those picks they got for Faulk and what did they do in the NFL?
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers

#12 User is online   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 12 November 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

Who did the Colts get with those picks they got for Faulk and what did they do in the NFL?

Trade happened in 1999

"[Bill Polian] traded Faulk for second- and fifth-round picks in the upcoming draft (used to draft LB Mike Peterson and DE Brad Scioli)"

http://en.wikipedia....E2.80.931998.29

#13 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostChaos, on 12 November 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

Trade happened in 1999

"[Bill Polian] traded Faulk for second- and fifth-round picks in the upcoming draft (used to draft LB Mike Peterson and DE Brad Scioli)"

http://en.wikipedia....E2.80.931998.29

:trink39:
I looked it up before I posted that. I was kinda being sarcastic. Basically what I'm trying to tell these folks who want to trade Revis for draft picks is that the few times something like that has been done in the NFL it's never worked. The Cowboys already had most of their future HoFers before the Walker trade and the Colts didn't get back equal value for Faulk, luckily they already had Peyton. Trades like that only work in the NBA or in MLB and even in those leagues it's a big maybe if the teams with the picks get equal value back. Trades like that just don't work in the NFL.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers

#14 User is online   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 12 November 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

:trink39:
I looked it up before I posted that. I was kinda being sarcastic. Basically what I'm trying to tell these folks who want to trade Revis for draft picks is that the few times something like that has been done in the NFL it's never worked. The Cowboys already had most of their future HoFers before the Walker trade and the Colts didn't get back equal value for Faulk, luckily they already had Peyton. Trades like that only work in the NBA or in MLB and even in those leagues it's a big maybe if the teams with the picks get equal value back. Trades like that just don't work in the NFL.

Figured as much but decided to throw the answer up anyway for everyone else's benefit. You just don't trade talent like Revis away. He either walks away because the Jets don't want to pay him but he doesn't get traded for fair value. Who out there can afford him as a FA anyway? I'm sure he'll just pay through his contract next year and not ask for an extension this offseason to prove that he is back to his original self. Once that's done, the F.O. can worry about resigning him.

#15 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

I wouldnt mind McElroy under center more. lets SEE if he isnt worth it before just over looking him. THEN decide if we need to look for a franchise QB.

Revis may very well have played his last game as a Jet ANYWAY, why NOT try to get 2 1s out of it? If we have no contenders, no harm no foul. He OBVIOUSLY knows its a business, cause he held out once, threated to do the same this season & will do it when its contract time. I LOVE Revis & HATE to admit this, but even if we DO sign him...it will strap us for $ for some time. Didnt someone give up the draft farm to get Carson? or move up in the draft for a QB?
I do think we can trim the fat around the team. I woudl kind of rather have a group of average players that play well together, than a pair of superstars that grab headlines but dont get us further in the playoffs

but yes, ditch teabag the jerseys are sold, PSLs are sold, you milked him for every nickle you could make on him...now cut em loose.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

Revis is not a player you get rid of to "trim the fat"!! Furthermore he's way more valuable to the Jets than Palmer is to the Raiders. I swear it's ridiculous with more Jets fans than i thought. Players of Revis' caliber do NOT grow on trees. I swear those of you doing the bitching to trade him will be the first ones to call for managements head after the fact after it were to happen.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

roughly in the last 12 hours I have heard opinions on this board ranging from start McElroy to trade Revis to shoot Tim Tebow in the head...
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 12 November 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

roughly in the last 12 hours I have heard opinions on this board ranging from start McElroy to trade Revis to shoot Tim Tebow in the head...

Considering the present state of the team the range of reactions is pretty typical. The first proposition is reasonable; then things get progressively more bizarre with, finally, the lunatic fringe weighing in with the 44 Magnum solution. The person offering up free doses of lead really ought to watch what they say. It's OK to be totally pissed off at the Jets but to go to the level of actually thinking someone should be shot for it is nutty. Some folks forget that it's a game we are talking about here- if you want to shoot ppl indiscriminately, go to Syria. With all that has gone on in the New York area over the past few weeks I'm amazed that some individuals can come to a boil over a little kid's pastime played by big kids. Priorities my friends.:victory:

#19 User is offline   stu23 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

AGAIN, not sure how many times I need to reiterate...I am a Revis guy, for sure...but does anyone even know if he's going to want to sign with the Jets who have handled his contractual situation so poorly. Writing is on the wall...we can lose him as a FA or trade him and get some value. BTW, someone mentioned, 2 #1's for Revis...if Jets can pull off a heist like that, especially if the soonest one is at the top of the draft, you do it.

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 11 November 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

When healthy he's proven to be in the running as one of the top (if not the top) CBs to ever play. Even hurt i hope he heals up and gets back to work asap but this team will NOT improve by trading away a player of his caliber. You long time Jets fans want to bitch about never striking gold on a player and when the team does, you want him gone.

#20 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

On one message board I have to deal with people saying let's trade Revis to get draft picks and players and on another I have to deal with people saying let's trade Pau Gasol to get draft picks and players. :banghead:

But I get it now. This isn't about let's trade Revis to get better (which would not happen BTW). This is about payback. Revis holds out in 2010 and it made me angry so now in 2012 we can get our payback by shipping his ass off to the Jaguars or Browns and get some draft picks and MAYBE we'll get some good players as a result. That'll show him to hold out on my favorite team and upset my August. The greedy bastard.

Then there are those who say "I'm a Revis fan but we should trade him." :rolleyes: Right. Okay let's say that your still not butt hurt over the holdout like some other fans are and aren't using this situation as an excuse to get back at Revis. So your answer to fix a difficult situation is to panic? There's a grease fire on the stove so your answer is to go outside and set the whole house on fire. We could trade Revis for 2 1st rounders and 3 2nd rounders, that doesn't mean any of them will pan out. With your panicking you're willing to throw out a sure thing, a proven thing on a bunch of wishes and maybes. We could trade Revis for 2 first round picks and end up with 2 Gholstons. That's the chance you take with the draft, plus we all know this franchise's history with first round picks. We have our fair share of first round busts and players who don't pan out with us but do after the leave us. Trading Revis is like somebody who won off of a scratch off ticket taking his winnings to the casino.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users