NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jet Teammates Rip Backup Tim Tebow, Believe 'terrible' Quarterback Hasn't Improved - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:14 PM) PARADE FOR RAIL
santana Icon : (Today, 04:14 PM) ludogorets
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) #PARADEFORRAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) dont think we'll get the result we need
santana Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) RAUL BEST EVER!!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) this messi guy pfff not even a top lad
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:16 PM) 27 and the all time leading goal scorer in european cup and la liga history... crazy
santana Icon : (Today, 04:17 PM) raul ny cosmos hype is real!!... crazy
santana Icon : (Today, 04:18 PM) I want nasri to bite neuer
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:28 PM) Agueroooooooo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:28 PM) Xabi at faulttttt
santana Icon : (Today, 04:30 PM) SPEEEEED
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) KUUUUUNNNNN
santana Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) I like zabaleta a lot but hes such a dope haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) what a f***ing player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) unbelievable
santana Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) Yeah
santana Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) its decided city should be renamed to Aguero and friends
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) haha yeah zaba looks like a player who should of played 15 years ago when tackles like that were deemed good
santana Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) jeez
santana Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) mistakes by boateng and xabi
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) bayern exhausted from working with 10 men
santana Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) aguero the long con
santana Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) aguero isnt exhausted though
santana Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) OP as fuck
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) Pep will be fuming
santana Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) no more fun practices for bayern
santana Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) carrying team mates around and skipping
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) all eyes on tomorrow. Liverpool don't get a result and Rodgers seat is on fire
santana Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) what
santana Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) I thought I just read that liverpool is sticking with him
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:41 PM) they will, atleast until january... but if we do not get a result tomorrow, it'll go down hill even faster
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:41 PM) he won't survive the season if he doesnt figure it out
santana Icon : (Today, 04:42 PM) moyes to liverpool confirmed!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) bayern two bad passes one bad tackle today punished by aguero
santana Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) otherwise city looked rather crapola
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:47 PM) moyesy coaching in your favorite league now
santana Icon : (Today, 04:50 PM) yeah i saw that he was at real sociedad
santana Icon : (Today, 04:51 PM) http://gfycat.com/MilkyMajesticDingo
santana Icon : (Today, 04:52 PM) also very casual
santana Icon : (Today, 04:52 PM) boca represent
santana Icon : (Today, 05:13 PM) http://gfycat.com/Of...ingAmazonparrot
santana Icon : (Today, 05:13 PM) that is the most raul goal i have ever seen
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:29 PM) What's our wish list for HC next year?
santana Icon : (Today, 06:37 PM) BILL LAZOR
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jet Teammates Rip Backup Tim Tebow, Believe 'terrible' Quarterback Hasn't Improved More anonymous sources...

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

Tebowmania may have captivated the NFL last season, but Tim Tebow’s new team doesn’t believe that he’s a savior.

More than a dozen Jets players and members of the organization painted a sobering picture of the player who rallied the Broncos to the playoffs last season. In their eyes, he’s simply not very good.

The prevailing thought in the organization is that Tebow is nothing more than a gimmick.

“He’s terrible,” a defensive starter told the Daily News.

Although Tebow told The News last month that he has made improvements as a quarterback over the past few months, none of the people in the organization who spoke to The News shared that sentiment.

Both offensive and defensive players admitted that they hadn’t noticed any appreciable improvement in Tebow’s quarterback skills in practice since he was traded to the Jets in March. Tebow has been a poor practice player throughout his career. His current teammates echoed sentiments from Denver Broncos players a year ago about the lefthanded signal caller’s poor practice performance.

The 3-6 Jets’ dwindling playoff chances haven’t changed this mind-set in the locker room: Tebow isn’t a panacea.

Despite Mark Sanchez’s league-low 52% completion rate and league-high four red-zone interceptions, the players believe he should remain the starter over Tebow, who has accounted for only 132 total yards and averaged seven offensive snaps per game. Rex Ryan has backed Sanchez without publicly guaranteeing that he will be the starting quarterback for the rest of the season.

Left guard Matt Slauson, who has repeatedly supported Sanchez, made it clear that the fourth-year signal caller is the Jets’ best quarterback.

“It’s not even close,” Slauson said. “All the other quarterbacks know it. I have all the confidence in Mark. We don’t really have a choice.”

When asked about the team’s two other quarterbacks on the depth chart as possible alternatives — Tebow and Greg McElroy — Slauson clarified that the Jets really have only one other quarterback.

“We have Greg . . . and we have an athlete,” Slauson said.

But could the Jets win with Tebow as the No. 1 quarterback?

Do I have to answer that question?” a veteran starter said, shaking his head.

To most of the people in the organization, Tebow is nothing more than a specialty player who doesn’t have the requisite skills to be a true quarterback in the league. “We don’t look at him as a quarterback,” another starter said. “He’s the Wildcat guy.”

The designation dismisses Tebow’s success in Denver last season. Despite Tebow’s magic from a year ago, the Jets still view Sanchez as a much better option and have no immediate plans to bench him, according to sources. None of the members of the organization interviewed by The News believed that a zone-read offense tailored to Tebow’s strengths can help the Jets reverse their fortunes.

“Hell, no!” another starter said. “You got to keep defenses honest. You just can’t line up in the Wildcat all the time. That won’t work.”

Tebow’s legs provide a tempting alternative for the Jets’ slumping offense. “That’s the real threat he brings,” defensive lineman Mike DeVito said.

“He’s a winner,” said a Jets source, who made it clear that even though he wanted Tebow to get more playing time, Sanchez should remain the starter. “If he stays on the field long enough, usually good things happen.”

But most members of the Jets don’t believe that what they saw from Tebow last season is sustainable. “We can’t win running that sh--,” one player said.

They think Tebow’s heroics in Denver were a mirage.

“Now we’re depending on miracles?” a member of the organization said. “You can’t play that way.”

However, Sanchez’s poor play raises legitimate questions about whether a change — if only temporary — is in order for a team that has lost nine of the last 12 games dating back to last season.

The decision-makers don’t think that’s the right course of action. “It would take extreme poor play. . . . like a five-interception game,” said a prominent member of the organization. “Something where it was just ridiculous. It would take Mark to totally just sh-- the bed and become unglued (before there was a quarterback change).”

The organization has factored Sanchez’s weak supporting cast of skill position players into the equation.

“Look at some of the players he’s throwing to,” a Jets official said. “It’s garbage.”

Said another Jets source: “I’ve seen better receiving corps in college than we have on our team.”

So, who wants Tebow to be the starter?

“Nobody,” a member of the team said.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...2#ixzz2CD2iD4DH
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

At least one anonymous source put down his name, too bad he isn't anyone whose opinion I care about. But none of this is a surprise. The Jets as an organization obviously don't want Tebow playing. So the question becomes why was he brought in here? Teams were originally put off by a bonus (or something likethat-it was five million dollars) but the Jets dealt with it, but since have not used him. I personally don't think Tebow is worth the headache he brings, but what did the Jets see in him that was worth a draft pick and worth paying him money that a first round pick gets? (rhetorical! it is money)

Also, this team needs to STFU.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#3 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

1. I'm glad Slauson and DeVito are man enough to stick their name to their words.

2. Who the hell is his source now? People were blaming Burress after last season's gut wrenching unraveling.

3. Whatever happened to the concept of a TEAM?? Every inch of this organization is pathetic. From ownership to management to players. This collection of people is making it really hard to root for them week after week. I can deal with a losing team. But this? This is painful as a fan. QB or not, Tebow is your teammate. Why would you rip him?

4. I REALLY REALLY AM MISSING MANGINI'S NO MEDIA POLICY. That shit was like Guantanamo and damn did it work. Really sucked from a fan's perspective but it's better than this crap.

#4 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 14 November 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

At least one anonymous source put down his name, too bad he isn't anyone whose opinion I care about. But none of this is a surprise. The Jets as an organization obviously don't want Tebow playing. So the question becomes why was he brought in here? Teams were originally put off by a bonus (or something likethat-it was five million dollars) but the Jets dealt with it, but since have not used him. I personally don't think Tebow is worth the headache he brings, but what did the Jets see in him that was worth a draft pick and worth paying him money that a first round pick gets? (rhetorical! it is money)

Also, this team needs to STFU.

This article is eerily similar of the hatchet job Mehta did on Sanchez at the end of last season, what with the volume of anonymous sources quoted. For that reason, I wouldn't be inclined to tell the team to shut up because you don't know who exactly is speaking and how many sources there actually are. It could be one other sources, referred to differently each time in order to make it seem as though a number of people within the organisation are blasting Tebow. Who exactly is a 'prominent member of the organization'? And what exactly differentiates him from a mere 'member of the organization'?
Fair play to Matt Slauson and DeVito for going on the record, but the balance between quotes attributed on and off the record is woefully imbalanced.
It's smacks of the kind of journalism you get when a team is 3-6, underachieiving and with the most opinion-splitting quarterback on its roster.

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

None of you have seen Tebow throw in person. I have. I 100% agree with Slausen and DeVito. Tebow is terrible and he should not be starting at QB for an NFL team.

For those crying about "team unity". Guess what? This team is united BEHIND SANCHEZ. It may not be what YOU like, but the guys that go to work with Mark and Tim everyday are choosing Mark. Get over it.

#6 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 14 November 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

This article is eerily similar of the hatchet job Mehta did on Sanchez at the end of last season, what with the volume of anonymous sources quoted. For that reason, I wouldn't be inclined to tell the team to shut up because you don't know who exactly is speaking and how many sources there actually are. It could be one other sources, referred to differently each time in order to make it seem as though a number of people within the organisation are blasting Tebow. Who exactly is a 'prominent member of the organization'? And what exactly differentiates him from a mere 'member of the organization'?
Fair play to Matt Slauson and DeVito for going on the record, but the balance between quotes attributed on and off the record is woefully imbalanced.
It's smacks of the kind of journalism you get when a team is 3-6, underachieiving and with the most opinion-splitting quarterback on its roster.

I understand the issue with the anonymous sources but he was right last time and even Rex came out and said he lost pulse of the team. I'm inclined to accept his article again. Manish's job is to write stories that get his news group attention. He's doing that. He wasn't lying last time and I'm willing to accept it this time. The Jets have the ability to put at end to this but they just keep putting on a shit show. The team is filled with idiots from top to bottom. Honestly, I'm inclined to feel bad for Tebow. The guy got traded here thinking he had a chance at the starting job if Sanchez laid an egg. Sanchez did that part beautifully yet he still can't get the job. Unconventional player or not, the guy plays with heart and this team desperately needs that.

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 November 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

None of you have seen Tebow throw in person. I have. I 100% agree with Slausen and DeVito. Tebow is terrible and he should not be starting at QB for an NFL team.

For those crying about "team unity". Guess what? This team is united BEHIND SANCHEZ. It may not be what YOU like, but the guys that go to work with Mark and Tim everyday are choosing Mark. Get over it.

Team unity is more that saying "We support Sanchez." There is no need to go bash Tebow. As fans we can do that. Teammates should not be doing that in the media. Keep it in house or to yourself.

#7 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

Once again Rex lost control in the locker room. Can't blame Holmes this time. He's not here. Tebow didn't ask for this. Woody and Tanny wanted it Rex followed along with it. This team made no plans to pick up any back up players again and only focus on that one guy that can take away the attention from the Giants. Bill Cowher can change this quick

#8 User is offline   RS230082 Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

1 It doesn't matter who the source is. We all knew Tebow was a work in progress at the QB position when we got him.........he's not improving........are we suprised? I'm not.

2 We all hoped Sanchez would be "the one"......career 50% passer, leads the league in red zone int's, went to 2 AFC Championships thanks to the run game and Rex's D........also not improving. I'm dissapointed, not surprised.

3 Most of us wanted Shotty OUT. Well, we got our wish.....happy!!!! I'm not.

4 I can go on and on, but I'll stop here. I wish I had all the answers, but as a fan, I'm going to quote one of the better defensive minds in football......I just wanna win!!!!

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

View PostChaos, on 14 November 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

1. I'm glad Slauson and DeVito are man enough to stick their name to their words.

2. Who the hell is his source now? People were blaming Burress after last season's gut wrenching unraveling.

3. Whatever happened to the concept of a TEAM?? Every inch of this organization is pathetic. From ownership to management to players. This collection of people is making it really hard to root for them week after week. I can deal with a losing team. But this? This is painful as a fan. QB or not, Tebow is your teammate. Why would you rip him?

4. I REALLY REALLY AM MISSING MANGINI'S NO MEDIA POLICY. That shit was like Guantanamo and damn did it work. Really sucked from a fan's perspective but it's better than this crap.

Even with that, there was anonymous sources bashing Mangini. Whenever there is losing involved the anonymous sources come out. I respect the people that put their name to it, if you are going to say something at least be man enough to put a name on it...
Posted Image

#10 User is online   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

Which defensive players are calling him garbage? Really, I would love to know. I'd also love to know if they were the ones on the field when Tebow shredded them on that winning 95 yard drive last season
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

This all may be true but the way it's written just reeks of something you would read in the National Enquirer. That's not good journalism.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#12 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

According to Rex, Teblow is a beast on the punt team. Wedge Blocker extraordinaire. Nothing to worry about. He believe this team is intact after all this drama. He's a complete baffoon. Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Jets just keep digging themselves into deepers holes... at this rate,nothing less than a Superbowl win would keep people from totally abandoning this team..and it this rate,Schotty is gonna have the last laugh this weekend smh..

#14 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

My question is when are the guys who are complaining about Tebow going to improve themselves? They're pointing their finger at Tebow (and rightly so) but they got three more pointing right back at them. Nobody on this team has room to criticize somebody else for not improving and playing badly. When it comes to this team's horrible play, everybody from Woody Johnson all the way down to the practice squad players need to look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves first "what can I do better to help get this team winning again?" I can tell you one thing, infighting is not going to do that.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#15 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Rex said he's not letting outside forces stop us from being a team. HELLO..... this was an inside job. Noone outside of the jets cause this drama. He is completely out of touch with this team. We saw it last year and its another repeat this year. Can't blames Holmes this time.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users