NYJetsFan.com Forums: Stephen Hill Is Terrible - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:14 AM) happy thanksgiving everyone!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) I hope Dirty Sanchez gets beat by the Cowgirls even though I would prefer to see a tie so neither team wins
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Look at what a great system can do for a QB, Sanchez looks like a different QB with the Eagles.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Scanning the field and making quick decisions, I like how Chip has Sanchez throwing on the run which he was always great at.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:01 PM) I really hope we finally bring in a good offensive minded coach.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) I really can't wait for this season to be done and over with
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Stephen Hill Is Terrible

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

In all seriousness, how terrible are his hands? I've never seen a WR drop this many catches that literally bounce off his hands. I'll take Schillens as the #2 and Gates as #3. The fact that we traded up to get him is really not sitting well with me.
0

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,031
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

They are awful, hes a body catcher and lacks concentration. It seems like he drops some passes because hes thinking about after the catch. I rather have gotten Alshon Jeffery who was a hands catcher, my worry with him was if he could stay in good shape but he has those big hands to be a nice pass catcher. Hill blows, probably never lives up to his talent.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 18 November 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

They are awful, hes a body catcher and lacks concentration. It seems like he drops some passes because hes thinking about after the catch. I rather have gotten Alshon Jeffery who was a hands catcher, my worry with him was if he could stay in good shape but he has those big hands to be a nice pass catcher. Hill blows, probably never lives up to his talent.


What is his talent?
0

#4 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,696
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

Hate to say I told you so...where's 115?
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 18 November 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

Hate to say I told you so...where's 115?


He's incognito until Hill catches a TD pass.
0

#6 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,100
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

But i thought Jetsfan115>Jetsman05
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#7 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,267
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

Hill reminds me of the wide receiver from The Replacements - all speed, but struggles to catch a cold.
0

#8 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,330
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:El Paso

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Whats even more stunning, is that Shillins caught a TD Pass! :hysterical:
0

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 19 November 2012 - 03:54 AM, said:

But i thought Jetsfan115>Jetsman05


Just like Hill > Gholston. Doesn't mean much.
0

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,031
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 19 November 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

What is his talent?

His talent is that hes 6'4 and runs a 4.3, not many in the NFL can do that.
Posted Image
0

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,635
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 18 November 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

He's incognito until Hill catches a TD pass.

Right cause SHJs one post really means anything :hysterical:

He's still a rookie and he's still raw. the ability is there. how many times was he open for a TD and mark under threw him? How many times was he open but the protection wasn't there and sanchez got sacked? He's doing as wel as expected for a rookie form a triple option offense. He's a downfield threat with a gun shy QB in a run 1st offense with no pass protection. Yes he has suffered alot of drops. So has victor cruz his 1st few years and the guy is still a beast and top 10 WR in the NFL. Hill just has to learn not to take his eyes off the ball

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EANmOpYaCdM

Thats week 1 highlights. even on the 1st TD (about 50 seconds in the video) it should have been an eays one, hill was wide open but sanchez on an under throw made it a contested catch.)'

Also what rookie WR has done well this year? blakmon just had a huge game yesterday but up until that nothing.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 19 November 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

Right cause SHJs one post really means anything :hysterical:/>

He's still a rookie and he's still raw. the ability is there. how many times was he open for a TD and mark under threw him? How many times was he open but the protection wasn't there and sanchez got sacked? He's doing as wel as expected for a rookie form a triple option offense. He's a downfield threat with a gun shy QB in a run 1st offense with no pass protection. Yes he has suffered alot of drops. So has victor cruz his 1st few years and the guy is still a beast and top 10 WR in the NFL. Hill just has to learn not to take his eyes off the ball

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EANmOpYaCdM

Thats week 1 highlights. even on the 1st TD (about 50 seconds in the video) it should have been an eays one, hill was wide open but sanchez on an under throw made it a contested catch.)'

Also what rookie WR has done well this year? blakmon just had a huge game yesterday but up until that nothing.


Dude... you're not seriously defending him, are you? It's one thing to say "he's a rookie and I hope he develops into a reliable pass catcher" but to completely ignore the fact that this guy has worse hand-eye coordination than Hellen Keller is just retarded.
0

#13 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 238
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Before this turns into one of SHJ's look-how-wrong-someone-else-was-on-something threads:

View PostSecondHandJets, on 31 July 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

Jets, 11 or more Ws. Still won't win the division.

Sanchez 30+ TDs.

Landry comeback player of the year.

Bart Scott will loose his starting job to Davis.

Wayne Hunter is going to give up 7 or less sacks.

Rex will win coach of the year.

Dubbs will still think that Tebow isn't as chiseled as Brady Quinn.

Greene will miss a few games with injuries.

Revis will finally win a DMVP

We will finish Top 3 in defense. If my Landry prediction holds up, we'll be #1.

Coples will have 2 sacks in September and squash those Gholston comparisons forever.

Tebow will have more rushing TDs than Shonn Greene.



View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,635
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 19 November 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

Dude... you're not seriously defending him, are you? It's one thing to say "he's a rookie and I hope he develops into a reliable pass catcher" but to completely ignore the fact that this guy has worse hand-eye coordination than Hellen Keller is just retarded.


The guy is not a welker or kerley. Trust me I get that. But drops can be fixed. All his drops are cause he's taking his eye off the ball and looking upfield too early. He spends hours with the JUGS machine after practice to work on his hands. And yes i'm defending him. If you want to shit on a rookie 2nd round pick WR with no QB and no o-line in a run first offense, then you have bigger issues then most think. He'll get there. give him time.




View PostSecondHandJets, on 31 July 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

Jets, 11 or more Ws. Still won't win the division.

Sanchez 30+ TDs.

Landry comeback player of the year.

Bart Scott will loose his starting job to Davis.

Wayne Hunter is going to give up 7 or less sacks.

Rex will win coach of the year.

Dubbs will still think that Tebow isn't as chiseled as Brady Quinn.

Greene will miss a few games with injuries.

Revis will finally win a DMVP

We will finish Top 3 in defense. If my Landry prediction holds up, we'll be #1.

Coples will have 2 sacks in September and squash those Gholston comparisons forever.

Tebow will have more rushing TDs than Shonn Greene.


Lol and you call other people wrong?
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

I also pick the Jets to go 16-0 every year.

Doesn't change the fact that Hill has absolutely no pass catching ability whatsoever.
0

#16 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 238
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 19 November 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

I also pick the Jets to go 16-0 every year.

Doesn't change the fact that Hill has absolutely no pass catching ability whatsoever.


You make me miss Clemens11. (and actually you predicted them to go win 11 games in that thread and 12 in your other prediction thread)

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#17 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 19 November 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

You make me miss Clemens11.


You taking time out of your day to fact check my posts is really flattering.

It does not change the fact that at this point, Hill is the worst WR on the worst WR depth chart in the NFL. Is his problem correctable or is he another Vlad Ducasse?
0

#18 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,100
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

SHJ was wrong? Dubb thinks Tebow is as chiseled as Quinn?
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#19 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 238
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 19 November 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

You taking time out of your day to fact check my posts is really flattering.

It does not change the fact that at this point, Hill is the worst WR on the worst WR depth chart in the NFL. Is his problem correctable or is he another Vlad Ducasse?


I just factcheck you because you always act like you aren't wrong about 80% of the time. Now you're acting like you know something about those players and who gives a f*** because you always thought Sapp was going to break out and be a factor. You're the Romo of this board. Throw three picks and then afterwards move on and act like you don't deserve a benching.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,635
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 19 November 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

I just factcheck you because you always act like you aren't wrong about 80% of the time. Now you're acting like you know something about those players and who gives a f*** because you always thought Sapp was going to break out and be a factor. You're the Romo of this board. Throw three picks and then afterwards move on and act like you don't deserve a benching.



Lol love the comparison.

SHJ face it your wrong. Your bithcing about what exactly? He dropped 1 pass last game and you come on and act like he's terrible for it. He's dropped about 1-2 passes a game. yes it needs to be fixed. Doens't mean he's a horible WR. for example in 2011

Donald Diver (conisdered a relaible WR) dropped 8 passes or 18%
Deshaen jackson dropped 9 (13.5%)
Marshal;l dropped 14 (15%)
Roddy white dropped 15 (13%)

for 2012

Quote

Graham leads NFL in dropped passes
November, 14, 2012
Nov 14
7:42
AM ET
By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

* Recommend4
* Tweet27
* Comments107
* Email
* Print

There’s a new solo leader atop the league-wide list for dropped passes and it’s an NFC South player.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, New Orleans tight end Jimmy Graham leads the NFL with eight drops.

Graham
That puts him one drop ahead of Tampa Bay rookie running back Doug Martin, who is tied with three other players for second place. Atlanta’s Julio Jones has five drops. New Orleans’ Marques Colston and Darren Sproles and Atlanta’s Tony Gonzalez each has four drops.

Tampa Bay’s Vincent Jackson still hasn’t dropped a pass this season and is one of only seven receivers with at least 30 targets without a drop.

Led by Graham, Colston and Sproles, the Saints are tied for third in team drops with 22. The Falcons are just one drop behind New Orleans.

Tampa Bay is tied for No. 26 with just 12 drops and 10 of them come from Martin and Mike Williams. The Carolina Panthers are tied for 29th with only 10 drops.


Graham is the 2nd best TE in the NFL IMO (behind gronk)
Martin is gonna be OROTY
jones is a top WR in the NFL
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users