NYJetsFan.com Forums: Stephen Hill Is Terrible - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) well smoke a bowl then
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) I'm cool as a cucumber
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Stephen Hill Is Terrible

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

In all seriousness, how terrible are his hands? I've never seen a WR drop this many catches that literally bounce off his hands. I'll take Schillens as the #2 and Gates as #3. The fact that we traded up to get him is really not sitting well with me.
0

#2 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,040
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

They are awful, hes a body catcher and lacks concentration. It seems like he drops some passes because hes thinking about after the catch. I rather have gotten Alshon Jeffery who was a hands catcher, my worry with him was if he could stay in good shape but he has those big hands to be a nice pass catcher. Hill blows, probably never lives up to his talent.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 18 November 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

They are awful, hes a body catcher and lacks concentration. It seems like he drops some passes because hes thinking about after the catch. I rather have gotten Alshon Jeffery who was a hands catcher, my worry with him was if he could stay in good shape but he has those big hands to be a nice pass catcher. Hill blows, probably never lives up to his talent.


What is his talent?
0

#4 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,700
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

Hate to say I told you so...where's 115?
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 18 November 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

Hate to say I told you so...where's 115?


He's incognito until Hill catches a TD pass.
0

#6 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,116
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

But i thought Jetsfan115>Jetsman05
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#7 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,267
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

Hill reminds me of the wide receiver from The Replacements - all speed, but struggles to catch a cold.
0

#8 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,330
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:El Paso

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Whats even more stunning, is that Shillins caught a TD Pass! :hysterical:
0

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 19 November 2012 - 03:54 AM, said:

But i thought Jetsfan115>Jetsman05


Just like Hill > Gholston. Doesn't mean much.
0

#10 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,040
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 19 November 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

What is his talent?

His talent is that hes 6'4 and runs a 4.3, not many in the NFL can do that.
Posted Image
0

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,672
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 18 November 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

He's incognito until Hill catches a TD pass.

Right cause SHJs one post really means anything :hysterical:

He's still a rookie and he's still raw. the ability is there. how many times was he open for a TD and mark under threw him? How many times was he open but the protection wasn't there and sanchez got sacked? He's doing as wel as expected for a rookie form a triple option offense. He's a downfield threat with a gun shy QB in a run 1st offense with no pass protection. Yes he has suffered alot of drops. So has victor cruz his 1st few years and the guy is still a beast and top 10 WR in the NFL. Hill just has to learn not to take his eyes off the ball

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EANmOpYaCdM

Thats week 1 highlights. even on the 1st TD (about 50 seconds in the video) it should have been an eays one, hill was wide open but sanchez on an under throw made it a contested catch.)'

Also what rookie WR has done well this year? blakmon just had a huge game yesterday but up until that nothing.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 19 November 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

Right cause SHJs one post really means anything :hysterical:/>

He's still a rookie and he's still raw. the ability is there. how many times was he open for a TD and mark under threw him? How many times was he open but the protection wasn't there and sanchez got sacked? He's doing as wel as expected for a rookie form a triple option offense. He's a downfield threat with a gun shy QB in a run 1st offense with no pass protection. Yes he has suffered alot of drops. So has victor cruz his 1st few years and the guy is still a beast and top 10 WR in the NFL. Hill just has to learn not to take his eyes off the ball

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EANmOpYaCdM

Thats week 1 highlights. even on the 1st TD (about 50 seconds in the video) it should have been an eays one, hill was wide open but sanchez on an under throw made it a contested catch.)'

Also what rookie WR has done well this year? blakmon just had a huge game yesterday but up until that nothing.


Dude... you're not seriously defending him, are you? It's one thing to say "he's a rookie and I hope he develops into a reliable pass catcher" but to completely ignore the fact that this guy has worse hand-eye coordination than Hellen Keller is just retarded.
0

#13 User is online   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 244
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Before this turns into one of SHJ's look-how-wrong-someone-else-was-on-something threads:

View PostSecondHandJets, on 31 July 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

Jets, 11 or more Ws. Still won't win the division.

Sanchez 30+ TDs.

Landry comeback player of the year.

Bart Scott will loose his starting job to Davis.

Wayne Hunter is going to give up 7 or less sacks.

Rex will win coach of the year.

Dubbs will still think that Tebow isn't as chiseled as Brady Quinn.

Greene will miss a few games with injuries.

Revis will finally win a DMVP

We will finish Top 3 in defense. If my Landry prediction holds up, we'll be #1.

Coples will have 2 sacks in September and squash those Gholston comparisons forever.

Tebow will have more rushing TDs than Shonn Greene.



View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,672
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 19 November 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

Dude... you're not seriously defending him, are you? It's one thing to say "he's a rookie and I hope he develops into a reliable pass catcher" but to completely ignore the fact that this guy has worse hand-eye coordination than Hellen Keller is just retarded.


The guy is not a welker or kerley. Trust me I get that. But drops can be fixed. All his drops are cause he's taking his eye off the ball and looking upfield too early. He spends hours with the JUGS machine after practice to work on his hands. And yes i'm defending him. If you want to shit on a rookie 2nd round pick WR with no QB and no o-line in a run first offense, then you have bigger issues then most think. He'll get there. give him time.




View PostSecondHandJets, on 31 July 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

Jets, 11 or more Ws. Still won't win the division.

Sanchez 30+ TDs.

Landry comeback player of the year.

Bart Scott will loose his starting job to Davis.

Wayne Hunter is going to give up 7 or less sacks.

Rex will win coach of the year.

Dubbs will still think that Tebow isn't as chiseled as Brady Quinn.

Greene will miss a few games with injuries.

Revis will finally win a DMVP

We will finish Top 3 in defense. If my Landry prediction holds up, we'll be #1.

Coples will have 2 sacks in September and squash those Gholston comparisons forever.

Tebow will have more rushing TDs than Shonn Greene.


Lol and you call other people wrong?
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

I also pick the Jets to go 16-0 every year.

Doesn't change the fact that Hill has absolutely no pass catching ability whatsoever.
0

#16 User is online   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 244
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 19 November 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

I also pick the Jets to go 16-0 every year.

Doesn't change the fact that Hill has absolutely no pass catching ability whatsoever.


You make me miss Clemens11. (and actually you predicted them to go win 11 games in that thread and 12 in your other prediction thread)

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#17 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 19 November 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

You make me miss Clemens11.


You taking time out of your day to fact check my posts is really flattering.

It does not change the fact that at this point, Hill is the worst WR on the worst WR depth chart in the NFL. Is his problem correctable or is he another Vlad Ducasse?
0

#18 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,116
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

SHJ was wrong? Dubb thinks Tebow is as chiseled as Quinn?
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#19 User is online   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 244
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 19 November 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

You taking time out of your day to fact check my posts is really flattering.

It does not change the fact that at this point, Hill is the worst WR on the worst WR depth chart in the NFL. Is his problem correctable or is he another Vlad Ducasse?


I just factcheck you because you always act like you aren't wrong about 80% of the time. Now you're acting like you know something about those players and who gives a f*** because you always thought Sapp was going to break out and be a factor. You're the Romo of this board. Throw three picks and then afterwards move on and act like you don't deserve a benching.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,672
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 19 November 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

I just factcheck you because you always act like you aren't wrong about 80% of the time. Now you're acting like you know something about those players and who gives a f*** because you always thought Sapp was going to break out and be a factor. You're the Romo of this board. Throw three picks and then afterwards move on and act like you don't deserve a benching.



Lol love the comparison.

SHJ face it your wrong. Your bithcing about what exactly? He dropped 1 pass last game and you come on and act like he's terrible for it. He's dropped about 1-2 passes a game. yes it needs to be fixed. Doens't mean he's a horible WR. for example in 2011

Donald Diver (conisdered a relaible WR) dropped 8 passes or 18%
Deshaen jackson dropped 9 (13.5%)
Marshal;l dropped 14 (15%)
Roddy white dropped 15 (13%)

for 2012

Quote

Graham leads NFL in dropped passes
November, 14, 2012
Nov 14
7:42
AM ET
By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

* Recommend4
* Tweet27
* Comments107
* Email
* Print

There’s a new solo leader atop the league-wide list for dropped passes and it’s an NFC South player.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, New Orleans tight end Jimmy Graham leads the NFL with eight drops.

Graham
That puts him one drop ahead of Tampa Bay rookie running back Doug Martin, who is tied with three other players for second place. Atlanta’s Julio Jones has five drops. New Orleans’ Marques Colston and Darren Sproles and Atlanta’s Tony Gonzalez each has four drops.

Tampa Bay’s Vincent Jackson still hasn’t dropped a pass this season and is one of only seven receivers with at least 30 targets without a drop.

Led by Graham, Colston and Sproles, the Saints are tied for third in team drops with 22. The Falcons are just one drop behind New Orleans.

Tampa Bay is tied for No. 26 with just 12 drops and 10 of them come from Martin and Mike Williams. The Carolina Panthers are tied for 29th with only 10 drops.


Graham is the 2nd best TE in the NFL IMO (behind gronk)
Martin is gonna be OROTY
jones is a top WR in the NFL
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users