NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Links: Familiarity With Brian Schottenheimer's Offense Helped In Win Over Rams; Bart Scott Ends Media Boycott - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (19 December 2014 - 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:09 PM) Atlanta would be a good landing spot for REx. He'll have Matt Ryan there so no need to develop a QB and he'll make the defense better
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:54 PM) He's not a good hc. He'll struggle anywhere.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) Idk. I bet if he had a good offensive supporting cast with established players he would do fine. He just can't develop players. It may be like the Gruden going to the Bucs but in reverse
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:19 PM) The Redskins are In this game, I am rooting for them so we move up a spot in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:17 PM) if he goes anywhere he needs a quality QB. He can't develop a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:18 PM) Manish wrote a article how the Jets have to hire Nick Caserio as their GM and Josh McDaniels as their HC
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:29 AM) Anything Manish writes is either garbage of stolen.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 07:59 AM) He doesn't develop anything on offense.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 11:20 AM) Do we win or do we just lay down and lose and lose bad
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 11:20 AM) Discuss!!!!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jets Links: Familiarity With Brian Schottenheimer's Offense Helped In Win Over Rams; Bart Scott Ends Media Boycott

#1 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

http://blog.nj.com/j...ty_with_br.html

Lining up against a familiar face turned out to cure what ailed the Jets this week.The Rams' offensive coordinator happened to be Brian Schottenheimer, who filled the same role with the Jets for six years. So Gang Green's defenders seemed more than happy to face an offense they know well, according to the New York Times' Ben Strauss.

"When you go against a coordinator, they always have things they like, special things they like to do. We knew that coming in. We also have a coaching staff that coached against it for a long time. We were well prepared for what they wanted to do," safety Yeremiah Bell told Strauss.

Linebacker Bart Scott described Schottenheimer's scheme and knew what the Jets were expecting.

"About the first, second drive, you know what kind of plays you're going to get and what the theme of the week is," Scott said. "His offense is what you call a grab bag. There's really no rhyme or reason, but it's a lot of plays. We knew we had plays that had hurt us and that he'd use them."

Antonio Cromartie, via J.P. Pelzman of The Record, even said he even knew what was called when Sam Bradford audibled.

"Some of the checks they were making, I knew what they were," Cromartie said.

Next up on the schedule will be a Thanksgiving Day matchup against another set of familiar faces in the AFC East rival New England Patriots.

Here's NJ.com's daily aggregation of Jets news from around the web:

According to The Star-Ledger's Nate Latsch, Scott "encouraged his teammates to say little or nothing to the assembled group of reporters in the locker room -- and it was unclear whether he was joking or being serious."

He yelled at Bell and Bryan Thomas when they attempted to speak to the media, but Scott said the boycott was "in jest," eventually speaking with reporters.

ESPNNewYork's Rich Cimini had the details of what Scott tried to do: "Scott told his defensive teammates to answer all questions with, 'Both teams played hard' -- and that's it." When the veteran linebacker cursed at Thomas, Bell told Scott to stop.

Cimini also said Scott "accused the media of trying to divide the team," likely referring to the story in which anonymous members of the Jets called Tim Tebow "terrible."

• Tim Tebow barely played against the Rams, leading to questions about his role going forward. The Star-Ledger's Conor Orr reported Rex Ryan said "the looks they were expecting from the Rams defense were not there anymore. The Tebow package was almost entirely abandoned."

In another Orr piece, Mark Sanchez said Tebow's lack of playing time didn't have to do with the starter's solid performance. "I think that's just the way things worked out today," Sanchez said. "But whatever (offensive coordinator Tony Sparano) and Rex and those guys need us to do; we should be able to go out there and execute in our system and keep rolling."

• Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight and Shonn Greene gave the Jets a huge boost on the ground with all three contributing to the Jets' offense. Powell felt "blessed to be back," via Latsch, while Sanchez gave them a tip of the cap.

"That's nice to have that 1-2 punch (with McKnight and Powell) and it's nice to have those guys back," Sanchez said. "We've really been missing those guys a little bit. That really helps, that changes things up for a defense to have to face three different backs like that."

© NJ.com. All rights reserved.

Schotty. Ugh.

Posted ImageSantonio Holmes
@santonio10

Good job today #NYJETS for beating up on Shotty n the #RAMS

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

I think that's just the way things worked out today," Sanchez said. "But whatever (offensive coordinator Tony Sparano) and Rex and those guys need us to do; we should be able to go out there and execute in our system and keep rolling."

this sure has not been the case this year
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Let me break down the "Familiarity with Schotty's offense":

The Jets defense stared across the field and saw that familiar twinkle of retardation in Schotty's eye. They knew what Schotty was thinking. Schotty saw his elite RB getting 6 YPC against the 30th ranked run defense and said "This is too practical. I'll only give him 13 touches. I'd rather have my struggling QB behind a makeshift OL throw 44 times against the 4th ranked pass defense". Familiarity indeed.

#4 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 19 November 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

The Jets defense stared across the field and saw that familiar twinkle of retardation in Schotty's eye.

Lol. It was a Schotty Classic. I wonder what Rams fans think of him.
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users