NYJetsFan.com Forums: 2013 Head Coach Options: - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) i'm excited for olympiakos vs dortmund
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) ill probably wear the dortmund jersey today
santana Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Today, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Today, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Today, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

2013 Head Coach Options:

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

I'm a Rex Ryan fan. I think that 15 years ago, he'd be a Top 5 HC. His style and his defensive expertise are top notch. Unfortunately, he's coaching in the wrong era. The three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust offense that he wants to run are a relic in the NFL. If you look at the teams who won playoff games last season, you'll see every single one being coached by a guy who cut his teeth on the offensive side of the ball (with the exception of John Fox). Is this a coincidence? I doubt it. We are in the era of the QB and the spread offense. Not only is Ryan a poor fit in that sense, it's also painfully clear that he's lost this team (again). Given Woody's traditional short leash on coaches, I'd be shocked if Rex is here in 2013. He'll be fired the Monday after the last game just like Mangini was.

This leads us to our coaching search:

1. Everyone's favorite non-working HC, Bill Cowher. He's going to be the first one people are going to want. I say no thanks. First of all, I strongly believe that there's a definite relationship between the HC and the offense. Cowher is a defense guy. Cowher had a long run with Pittsburgh and even won a SB, but he has been around the block. Before you all scream at me for saying that, keep in mind that the game has evolved a ton in the last 5 seasons. Cowher was the HC of the year... in 1992! He's 55 years old and I doubt he'd be one to embrace the way the game is played today.

2. Jon Gruden... everyone's OTHER favorite non-working HC. He's an offense guy and he's still fairly young, but lost in the luster of that SB win is that Gruden won with Tony Dungy's crew. Yes he did have a great team in Oakland, but they were pretty mediocre until Ganon came along. His overall record as HC is a mediocre 95-81. His playoff record is 5-4. Again, this guy took over a powerhouse from Dungy and watched them age. All that glitters isn't gold and there's a reason why he's been in the booth for 3 years.

3. The Kellys & Nicky Saban. There are a few college coaches that are always going to be in the mix for an NFL job, based on their success in the NCAA. Saban had his shot with the Fish and crapped out, ran to Alabama and I doubt he'll leave that job unless his ego gets too big for the SEC. Doubt he leaves this season.

4. Josh McDaniel. Now I don't think anyone is suggesting him, but I'm listing him here just in case Woody is actually serious about keeping Tebow and using him as a QB. McDaniels crapped out in Denver as most NE assistants do when they leave BB, however out of all of them he seems like the one to have learned from his time in Denver. Instead of reinventing the wheel, he'll keep his goals more realistic. I wouldn't jump for joy if the Jets hired him, but a young guy who already experienced the success and subsequent failure of running an NFL team is a step in the right direction.

5. This is the guy I want and is probably the darkest dark horse candidate. Sean Payton. Him of the NO Saints. Technically he's a FA coach and any one can make a run at him. Everyone assumes he's walking back to the Saints job... but what if Tom Benson decides that the Saints are just as good under Joe Vitt and decides that Payton is not worth the money? I think Woody should throw the kitchen sink at him. Get him to NY. He has a winning pedigree. He turned around the Saints who were a laughingstock for over a decade. He comes from the Giants who are Woody's team du-jor of the moment. Go get him Wood. He'll get us some back covers for the right reasons.

#2 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

None of this matters until the Jets get an elite QB...and this years QB class is awful.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Sean Payton won't come here. The #1 guy I want is Bill Cowher, he demands respect. I don't believe in there is only one way to win a SB, we got damn close to a SB without a elite QB. The problem is that we suck at running the ball and aren't good on defense either. You don't think Cowher would adjust to a elite QB? He did adjust with Big Ben during that one playoff run and won a SB. The problem is, you have to have a elite QB to be successful throwing it all of the time. The great coaches know how to win without a great QB. I think Cowher would have won another SB or 2 if he kept on coaching, he finally had a great QB. When you have a inconsistent QB running the ball is the best way to cut down on their mistakes that kill you.

I rather not hire another rookie HC, that is all Woody Johnson has ever done.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 23 November 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

Sean Payton won't come here.

Why not? Technically, he does not have a job. He is looking for a new contract. NO started 0-4 and now looks unstoppable. Payton is going to want to be paid like a Top 3 coach, because he is. Tom Benson is going to look at his team, what they did with Joe Vitt, and he's going to want to offer less. What's keeping Payton in NO? What do they have that we don't? Remember, HC in the NFL are ego maniacs. You don't climb that ladder without being an absolute control freak and a megalomaniac to boot. If he feels like the Saints are acting like they don't need him, he's going to look at other options. He has a history with NY. Woody is always looking for the "next hot coach"... why not take a guy who got a lot to prove to the commissioner, the Saints (if he feels like they shafted him on the contract) and the NFL in general? What's the downside?

View PostJetsfan0099, on 23 November 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

The #1 guy I want is Bill Cowher, he demands respect. I don't believe in there is only one way to win a SB, we got damn close to a SB without a elite QB. The problem is that we suck at running the ball and aren't good on defense either. You don't think Cowher would adjust to a elite QB? He did adjust with Big Ben during that one playoff run and won a SB. The problem is, you have to have a elite QB to be successful throwing it all of the time. The great coaches know how to win without a great QB. I think Cowher would have won another SB or 2 if he kept on coaching, he finally had a great QB. When you have a inconsistent QB running the ball is the best way to cut down on their mistakes that kill you.

I rather not hire another rookie HC, that is all Woody Johnson has ever done.

Cowher won with a Rookie Big Ben. The biggest play Ben had that season, was tackling the Seahawks DB on a turnover. That team was all defense and Bettis. Remember, this was in the era that the Bears went to the SB with Rex Grossman. That's not today's NFL. You're not beating Brady and Peyton with that shit. The Steelers were perennial playoff losers except that one year. Could he have won more SBs? Possibly. There were also 3 years in a row when the Steelers didn't even go to the playoffs.

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 23 November 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Why not? Technically, he does not have a job. He is looking for a new contract. NO started 0-4 and now looks unstoppable. Payton is going to want to be paid like a Top 3 coach, because he is. Tom Benson is going to look at his team, what they did with Joe Vitt, and he's going to want to offer less. What's keeping Payton in NO? What do they have that we don't? Remember, HC in the NFL are ego maniacs. You don't climb that ladder without being an absolute control freak and a megalomaniac to boot. If he feels like the Saints are acting like they don't need him, he's going to look at other options. He has a history with NY. Woody is always looking for the "next hot coach"... why not take a guy who got a lot to prove to the commissioner, the Saints (if he feels like they shafted him on the contract) and the NFL in general? What's the downside?

Cowher won with a Rookie Big Ben. The biggest play Ben had that season, was tackling the Seahawks DB on a turnover. That team was all defense and Bettis. Remember, this was in the era that the Bears went to the SB with Rex Grossman. That's not today's NFL. You're not beating Brady and Peyton with that shit. The Steelers were perennial playoff losers except that one year. Could he have won more SBs? Possibly. There were also 3 years in a row when the Steelers didn't even go to the playoffs.

We almost got to the SB with Mark Sanchez at QB and played a tougher playoff schedule than those Bears. The Steelers beat us with running the ball and defense, Ben played awful vs us. The Steelers opened up more on their championship run, Ben played good besides the SB. And whats funny is that we did beat Brady and Peyton with that shit in 2010...

Cowher has a real good playoff record, its just really hard to win a SB and he never had a franchise QB until ben, which makes it more impressive.

And I just don't see Payton leaving the Saints for the Jets, I would love for him to be our HC but if he leaves NO it will be for Dallas. Hes not leaving Brees for Sanchez.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 23 November 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

We almost got to the SB with Mark Sanchez at QB and played a tougher playoff schedule than those Bears. The Steelers beat us with running the ball and defense, Ben played awful vs us. The Steelers opened up more on their championship run, Ben played good besides the SB. And whats funny is that we did beat Brady and Peyton with that shit in 2010...

The Steelers beat us because we beat the Pats the week before and to our franchise, that was the Super Bowl. Our defense couldn't stop a thing. 2010 was a magical year. I don't think we've beaten a Pro Bowl QB since.

Cowher has a real good playoff record, its just really hard to win a SB and he never had a franchise QB until ben, which makes it more impressive.

He's 12-9. 12 playoff wins in 14 seasons is pretty average.

And I just don't see Payton leaving the Saints for the Jets, I would love for him to be our HC but if he leaves NO it will be for Dallas. Hes not leaving Brees for Sanchez.

If Woody goes after him with all his resources, we can get him.

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 24 November 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

The Steelers beat us because we beat the Pats the week before and to our franchise, that was the Super Bowl. Our defense couldn't stop a thing. 2010 was a magical year. I don't think we've beaten a Pro Bowl QB since.

He's 12-9. 12 playoff wins in 14 seasons is pretty average.

If Woody goes after him with all his resources, we can get him.

That is because our talent has drained, we no longer run the ball well and play good defense. That style is effective with winning when you have a inconsistent QB, of course if you have a elite QB you throw more, build around what you have.

Find me a better coach than that outside of Belichick who had Tom Brady for all of his playoff wins. If Cowher stayed with the Steelers, he would have won another SB at least IMO.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

Sean Payton is a good shout. He supposedly loves being in the spotlight, and obviously no better than New York. I'd throw a f*** ton of money at him. Offensive minds in this league are where it's at.

But you've got the wrong Gruden on the list. Jay Gruden should get a serious look. What he's done with the Cinci offense and Andy Dalton is great. I'd really consider him, seems like a perfect fit.

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 24 November 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

Sean Payton is a good shout. He supposedly loves being in the spotlight, and obviously no better than New York. I'd throw a f*** ton of money at him. Offensive minds in this league are where it's at.

If me and you can agree on something, then it must happen. How do we raise awareness for this?

View PostJetsman05, on 24 November 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

But you've got the wrong Gruden on the list. Jay Gruden should get a serious look. What he's done with the Cinci offense and Andy Dalton is great. I'd really consider him, seems like a perfect fit.

We're now 0-3 with "the hot assistant who should get a HC gig". I think that Gruden deserves a shot, but I doubt Woody goes to that well one more time. I only listed McDaniels there because of the Tebow tangent.

#10 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 23 November 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

4. Josh McDaniel. Now I don't think anyone is suggesting him, but I'm listing him here just in case Woody is actually serious about keeping Tebow and using him as a QB. McDaniels crapped out in Denver as most NE assistants do when they leave BB, however out of all of them he seems like the one to have learned from his time in Denver. Instead of reinventing the wheel, he'll keep his goals more realistic. I wouldn't jump for joy if the Jets hired him, but a young guy who already experienced the success and subsequent failure of running an NFL team is a step in the right direction.

If the Jets are to fire Rex and replace him with McDaniel, or anyone because of the Tebow potential, I'm not even paying attention to that regime. Jets need to stop trying to discover the new thing just stick with what works. They wanted to have a 2 QB system this year, we've all had front row seats to that show. Broncos got rid of Tebow the second Manning was on board. It's just not going to work with Tebow. Get rid of him (it's feasible to do so this offseason) and let the guy do his thing on another team. Send Sanchez to the bench or deal with him for one more season and get a veteran backup who isn't in line to move into the NFL nursing home. Surround him with talent and go with the Alex Smith route. Sanchez can never carry the team but he can at least manage the QB spot until the Jets get their version of Kaepernick and replace him. That's the only way to fix this ship.

#11 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

Who says it has to be a NFL coach. I'm looking at 2 college coaches. O'Brien at Penn state who did a brilliant job after the scandal. A Guy who stands up to Brady when he coach the pats offense last year. The next one is Kelly with Oregon. Offensive minded coach al who can revive this stale offense. Word on the street that gruden is coning back to coaching. I would take him also. This whole team needs to blown up and start over.

#12 User is offline   GreenRebel Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 24 November 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

If we go for a rookie HC then this is the guy I want. I've been saying it all season but from things I've read he doesn't want to leave Cincy yet. Definitely bring him in for a interview.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

yeah I like the thought of Jay Gruden if we go down the route of a rookie HC again.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Here are my thoughts.

Rex is the coach in 2013, but for the sake of conversation....

It is very unlikely Sean Peyton is leaving. He will be under contract before he is availible. In the 1-1000 he does become availible I am all in.

Cohwer is no better than Rex. Why trade apples for apples? Defensive minded hard nosed guy. Very little if any offensive ability. Not to mention he was easily replaced with Tomlin who I feel is a better coach. Has not coached in years. The grass in not always greener. He just worked with an organization that was a quality unit. They knew what to do to win.

The guys who could be a reality IF Rex leaves are

Jon Gruden,
I heard on the radio about rumors he is going to Arkansas to head the college team. Also I am not 100% sold on him. Again he has not coached in years and if he was all that he would have been a HC by now.

Bruce Arians,
This is the guy who groomed Peyton Manning, Rapistburger and now Andrew Luck. He is the interim HC of the Colts who are performing beter than us with less overall talent. He is doing a great job and will be in every discussion this offseason with teams that need a HC.

As the NFL moves more and more towards a offensive league people like Rex and Cohwer will have less value as a HC.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 25 November 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

Here are my thoughts.

Rex is the coach in 2013, but for the sake of conversation....

It is very unlikely Sean Peyton is leaving. He will be under contract before he is availible. In the 1-1000 he does become availible I am all in.

Cohwer is no better than Rex. Why trade apples for apples? Defensive minded hard nosed guy. Very little if any offensive ability. Not to mention he was easily replaced with Tomlin who I feel is a better coach. Has not coached in years. The grass in not always greener. He just worked with an organization that was a quality unit. They knew what to do to win.

The guys who could be a reality IF Rex leaves are

Jon Gruden,
I heard on the radio about rumors he is going to Arkansas to head the college team. Also I am not 100% sold on him. Again he has not coached in years and if he was all that he would have been a HC by now.

Bruce Arians,
This is the guy who groomed Peyton Manning, Rapistburger and now Andrew Luck. He is the interim HC of the Colts who are performing beter than us with less overall talent. He is doing a great job and will be in every discussion this offseason with teams that need a HC.

As the NFL moves more and more towards a offensive league people like Rex and Cohwer will have less value as a HC.

Cowher and Rex are not the same coach, just because they are both defensive minded coaches. Cowher has years of experience as a HC and is good with managing a team, I doubt he would put the "offense vs defense" mentality. He was evolving his offense with Ben, but he left after Ben's 3rd season. Mike Tomlin got to benefit the rewards of having Ben Roethlisberger at QB and a great defense, Cowher would have won another SB if he stayed.

And just because a guy hasn't coached in years doesn't mean they aren't a good coach, it just means they have a cushy TV job and are waiting for the right job.

I remember Steeler fans hating Bruce Arians, and the Colts aren't performing better than us with less talent. They have more talent than us and we blew them out head to head.

Just because a coach has a defensvie background doesn't mean they have no value in today's NFL, those teams that are all offense and no defense don't win shit. Its a team game.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 25 November 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

Cowher and Rex are not the same coach, just because they are both defensive minded coaches. Cowher has years of experience as a HC and is good with managing a team, I doubt he would put the "offense vs defense" mentality. He was evolving his offense with Ben, but he left after Ben's 3rd season. Mike Tomlin got to benefit the rewards of having Ben Roethlisberger at QB and a great defense, Cowher would have won another SB if he stayed.

And the Steelers would have won another with Rex instead of Tomlin if they hired him. Point is Pitt wins because of much more than a HC. It is a complete team from the front office to the coaching staff. Cohwer is an above average coach (but not great) that was in a great situation.

And just because a guy hasn't coached in years doesn't mean they aren't a good coach, fice it just means they have a cushy TV job and are waiting for the right job.

So you are saying they would not coach for the Jets since we are a debacle? Either way they are out.

I remember Steeler fans hating Bruce Arians, and the Colts aren't performing better than us with less talent. They have more talent than us and we blew them out head to head.

Before the season started the Colts were projected as a 2-4 win team and dubbed as a rebuilding team. Meanwhile they have 7 wins and may make the playoffs. Listening to fans is pretty silly. Do you see half the stuff said on here? And if head to head means everything I guess something changed I dont know about.

Just because a coach has a defensvie background doesn't mean they have no value in today's NFL, those teams that are all offense and no defense don't win shit. Its a team game

The Packers D has been so great the past 2 years..... I am not saying they have no place. I am saying as a HC the rules of this flag football league makes them less impactfull and teams are better off with coaches that have a firm understanding of scoring.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 25 November 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

And the Steelers would have won another with Rex instead of Tomlin if they hired him. Point is Pitt wins because of much more than a HC. It is a complete team from the front office to the coaching staff. Cohwer is an above average coach (but not great) that was in a great situation.

So you are saying they would not coach for the Jets since we are a debacle? Either way they are out.

Before the season started the Colts were projected as a 2-4 win team and dubbed as a rebuilding team. Meanwhile they have 7 wins and may make the playoffs. Listening to fans is pretty silly. Do you see half the stuff said on here? And if head to head means everything I guess something changed I dont know about.

The Packers D has been so great the past 2 years..... I am not saying they have no place. I am saying as a HC the rules of this flag football league makes them less impactfull and teams are better off with coaches that have a firm understanding of scoring.

The Packers defense sucked last season, they go 1 and done in the playoffs. The Packers defense was ranked 2nd in the NFL, they won the SB.

And the Colts have a more talented team than us and played a weaker schedule. They had a impressive game vs the Packers, but besides that they have won vs bad teams. Andrew Luck is arguably the best QB prospect in a long time.
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Look it doesn't matter if we got Cowher or Gruden or the ghost of Bill Walsh to be our head coach. None of them are going to suit up and step on the field to play the games. Our problem is not simply a coaching problem we can't coach our way out of this mess. A head coach is like a chef, you could have Emeril Lagasse in your kitchen but if you give him stale and spoiled food to cook with your dinner is going to still taste like shit. We need better players and not just at the QB position. Some of you guys talk about having to have an "elite QB" as if that will be the cure to all our problems. The Dolphins had an "elite QB" for 17 years and what do they have to show for it today? We need to upgrade at a number of positions and it all begins and ends at the line of scrimmage. We first must get more depth on the OL and we STILL NEED A f***ing PASS RUSHER!!! We still can't get consistent pressure on the opposing QB. And Shonn Greene should be the last person talking about somebody needing to be benched. What has he done to show he deserves to be a starter. He like Sanchez has not lived up to expectations either. He and many other players on this team deserve just as much heat on them as Sanchez is getting (and rightly so). Playing musical chairs with our WRs for the better part of the last 4 years hasn't helped matters either. No single coach or player is going to change the fortunes of this team. We need somebody who will buy better groceries for the chef. In other words we need somebody who will bring in better players for the coach. Tannanbaum has had some hits (Revis, Mangold) and some misses (Gholston, Greene) and some players who getting closer to being in the misses category (Sanchez, Wilson). We can't fire Woody Johnson so we just have to at this point hope he has enough wisdom to bring in a PROVEN GM who's had success before with another organization and then evaluate what to do at head coach after that. But I definitely don't want to give the keys to just one person. Meaning I don't want a GM/HC or owner/GM (like Jerry Jones). But we need better players above all else no matter who the head coach is.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#19 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

New GM = Bill Polian.

"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#20 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 25 November 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

New GM = Bill Polian.

No. No. I do not want Schottenheimer round 2 here. Bill Polian will only result in Chris Polian after a season and that's a big no. I want to hire someone to run the team, not to set his son up for a job.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users