NYJetsFan.com Forums: Fireman Ed Retires - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Chris Johnson signs 2 year deal - http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38339
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 09:23 PM) FAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 09:23 PM) DAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 09:24 PM) GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 April 2014 - 11:53 PM) EVOLUTION!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 April 2014 - 11:57 PM) OOO Man I got to get tickets to Extreme rules now. since I will be in NY that week
greenandwhit... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:32 AM) I have to get tickets... Evolution is back. I'm 10 years old again
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:04 AM) Chris Johnson visiting jets today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:06 AM) http://i.imgur.com/RWFWUYi.gif
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:03 PM) izdik offers him a lifetime supply of clip on dreadlocks
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:40 PM) ‏@KristianRDyer 1h
Hearing from a team source that interest between Jets, Chris Johnson is "mutually high between both parties." #nyjets #jetstwitter
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:16 PM) ICYMI : Today marks the 51 year anniversary that the Titans of NY became the NEW YORK JETS
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:21 PM) nice we could use CJ. we still lack offesnife playmakers
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:02 PM) ‏@MMehtaNYDN 7m
Chris Johnson's visit with the Jets today: Productive. Good vibes all around, I'm told. #nyj
Expand
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) offesnife!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) tehhhh
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:54 PM) yay more typing jokes. how original. you should see this thing called the internet
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 PM) So you ever go on that there Internet? Lotta cool stuff on that Internet
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM)

Ian Rapoport
Chris Johnson’s visit with #Jets today went well, from what it sounded like. It’s over now. Nothing final yet, other teams still circling
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) I think he's just stating the obvious but whatever it's an update
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 10:58 AM) CJ wants 2year, $10 million deal. Jets offered muti year deal, 3-4 mill a year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:59 AM) so he wants 2 year 10 mil and we offered what 4 years 12-15 mil?
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 11:07 AM) @emesola: Chris Johnson is seeking approximately 2 years, $10 million. Idzik is not budging over $3-4 mil/year it seems. #Jets #JetsTwitter
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Kristian Dyer has confirmed that Idzik offered a multi-year deal, we're looking at $3-4M per, as Esola said.
santana Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Sidney rice coming through
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) I'm guessing 2 years 6 mill is what was offered
santana Icon : (Today, 11:12 AM)

The current market rate for a starting running back is roughly $3M per year. Idzik is offering slightly more than that, and Johnson is seeking a good chunk more.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:34 AM) this is negotiations, Johnson would like to sign here but will try to gauge his value more
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:34 AM) He was at the Knicks/Nets game yesterday
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:36 AM) Idk about the numbers, I read an article that said that the Jets offered a "attractive" deal to Johnson and that it was always a longshot that he would sign yesterday, but the Jets believe the deal is market value for him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:36 AM)

The Jets put together a convincing package on Tuesday to him, on and off the field. Now it is up to him. - See more at: http://m.metro.us/ne...h.cFze6cx8.dpuf
Chaos Icon : (Today, 12:30 PM) when did we start using "quote" in the shoutbox?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 12:33 PM) yesterday at 9:24 PM
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 01:09 PM) If the JETS get Chris Johnson he better not wear #28
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 01:09 PM) all I'm sayin
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 01:09 PM) carry on numbnuts
santana Icon : (Today, 01:11 PM)

nyjetsfan setting new quote trends
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:17 PM) Signed to a two year deal
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:18 PM) Per Shefter
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:18 PM) CJ1K that is
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:20 PM) http://i.imgur.com/RWFWUYi.gif From Santana
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 02:32 PM) he better not wear 28 though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 02:32 PM) all I'm sayin
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 02:32 PM) that is C-Mart's #
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 02:32 PM) PERIOD
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:33 PM) Hes wearing #28
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Fireman Ed Retires

#1 User is online   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Guest Column: 'Fireman' Ed steps away, but not as fan

On Thanksgiving night, I left the Jets game before halftime. This was the second time in a row I left before there were four zeroes on the clock. We have had much worse teams than this and I never left before. I pride myself in that, because I am not a quitter.

I decided to leave Thursday because the confrontations with other Jets fans have become more common, even though most Jets fans are fantastic.

This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another. The stadium has become divided because of the quarterback controversy as well. The fact that I chose to wear a Mark Sanchez jersey this year and that fans think I am on the payroll — which is an outright lie — have made these confrontations more frequent. Whether it’s in the stands, the bathroom or the parking lot, these confrontations are happening on a consistent basis.

Although I can “hold my own,” I do not want to lose my temper and make a stupid mistake. I have a responsibility to the families and kids that enjoy the game and Fireman Ed.

I have enjoyed my time in chanting the greatest chant in all of sports. I have enjoyed meeting all the wonderful Jets fans around the world and look forward to the day we all can raise the Lombardi Trophy as one and celebrate a world championship down the Canyon of Heroes!

I will always love the Jets because they are in my heart, and I will attend games as usual, just not as Fireman Ed. God bless and, as always, let’s go Jets!

–Fireman Ed Anzalone was a New York City firefighter for two decades and has been a Jets fan since 1975.

http://www.metro.us/...-but-not-as-fan

#2 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

yeah I'm sure that is why he stepped down and happened to decide to do that at halftime during a 35-0 beatdown by the Patriots..
Posted Image

#3 User is online   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

He'll be back. But this is the fanbase that booed Pennington while he was laying on the field injured. This is one of the reasons I choose to watch football alone, especially when my team is losing.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

I feel bad for the guy. Every Jets fan is frustrated, but since we can't yell at Woody, Tanny or Rex, this guy is getting shit for making himself the mascot.

#5 User is offline   JETS RULE Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 November 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

I feel bad for the guy. Every Jets fan is frustrated, but since we can't yell at Woody, Tanny or Rex, this guy is getting shit for making himself the mascot.

Couldn't agree more, I guess we've learned that alcohol and a sh***y team are a bad combo. Have we sunk so far that we're blaming one another for why our team sucks? Instead if blaming each other, we should point fingers straight at the 3 men responsible for puting this half-assed product on the field every Sunday;

Woody: wants to fill the seats, but too cheap to go after good players, instead we're stuck with gimmicks like Tebow and Favre.

Tanny : job is get said talent, but he's a horrible evaluator of ability on the field and off. Think of all the good locker-room leaders we let go make room for has-beens, past their primers, and drama engagers. of the three guys mentioned his ass should be gone first.

Rex: I'll admit his act was fun at first, but its tiring now. Quit saying we have a lot of talent when it's clear we don't. Quit trying to make headlines with your mouth, make headlines by winning games. That's how all these problems go away.

#6 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

He's just a fan that happens to lead the chant because he's somewhat recognized

Him catching so much criticism over anything is just sad and stupid

<Insert leave Brittany alone video here>
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#7 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

guess its time for Captain Jet to step up!! dude actually tweeted me a lil while ago,didnt even know he had a twitter lol...

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users