NYJetsFan.com Forums: Rex Needs To Share His Good Stash With Us - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Today's Jets news: Sign Chris Johnson - http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38339 | Host Sidney Rice - http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38341
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 02:34 PM) He ain't wearing 28
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:34 PM) Well considering they already retired #28 in honor of Curtis Martin, I don't see Johnson wearing #28.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:35 PM) Kind of defeats the purpose of retiring a number.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:39 PM) But I know he better not wear LaMont Jordan's number. Or I'll be pissed.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:40 PM) Snell
santana Icon : (Today, 02:41 PM) The title race is real
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Today, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Today, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Rex Needs To Share His Good Stash With Us

#1 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Ryan: Jets' goal is to run the table

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP)

Rex Ryan is making no guarantees.

No wild predictions or brash declarations these days. But the Jets coach still believes his team has a shot at the playoffs.

That's despite the fact New York is 4-7, coming off an embarrassing loss to New England, and hasn't won two straight games all season.

Hardly the résumé of a team with its sights set on playing past Week 17.

Ryan has hope, though, and it comes from the fact the Jets have five games left, all against opponents with records below .500. So, the message, even if it appears unrealistic to most, from Ryan to his players is simple: Run the table and see what happens.

''Heck yeah,'' Ryan said Monday. ''That's your goal. Absolutely, that's what you're trying to do. Our goal was to beat New England also, but that never worked out.''

That's for sure. The Patriots thrashed the Jets 49-19 on Thanksgiving night on national television, scoring 35 points in the second quarter, including three touchdowns in a 52-second span.

''Everyone was shaking their heads thinking, 'How did that happen?''' cornerback Antonio Cromartie said.

Ryan called it ''a nightmare,'' a dismal performance that some could consider the lowest point of his nearly four-year tenure as Jets coach.

The lasting image from the game — Mark Sanchez fumbling the ball after running into right guard Brandon Moore's backside — was still a big topic of conversation on sports radio and blogs four days later.

''It's time to move on,'' linebacker Bryan Thomas said. ''We know the mistakes we had in the game. ... We know we stunk it up. That's pretty much what we did. We know we did, but what can we do about it? There's nothing we can do about it. Hats off to the Patriots. They played a fantastic game, and now we move on to Arizona.''

The slumping Cardinals have lost seven in a row after opening the season 4-0. Then, the Jets are at Jacksonville (2-9), at Tennessee (4-7), home for San Diego (4-7) and at Buffalo (4-7).

Winnable? Maybe. But all five opponents probably feel the same about their games against the Jets.

''I'm saying right now that I'm not going to make a guarantee that we're going to make the playoffs or that deal,'' Ryan said. ''We have to get better. It has to start right now.''

Even if the Jets win all five, they might still miss out on the postseason for the second straight year. Big changes could come after that, with Ryan and general manager Mike Tannenbaum on the hot seat, and several key players, including Moore, Dustin Keller, Shonn Greene, LaRon Landry and Yeremiah Bell, in line to become free agents.

Many Jets players insist they aren't thinking about any of that, but rather they're focused on Arizona.

''We're playing for pride,'' running back Joe McKnight said. ''And we still have a chance to make the playoffs.''

Added Thomas: ''You can't look ahead. What are we going to look ahead for? We're not playing those guys. We're playing Arizona. We're playing the Cardinals. That's what we're looking forward to doing.''

While the Jets have their own quarterback woes with Sanchez struggling and backup Tim Tebow dealing with two broken ribs, the Cardinals are down to third-stringer Ryan Lindley. Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt said his team is sticking with the rookie, who threw three interceptions, including two returned for touchdowns, in his first NFL start Sunday, until Kevin Kolb is back from injured ribs.

Whomever the quarterback, the Jets need big-time improvements in a hurry.

''It's not that we need to get better, we need to eliminate the mistakes,'' Cromartie said. ''We need to eliminate the turnovers, the penalties.''

Cromartie said after the loss to the Patriots that he had no idea why the team has been so error-prone this season, and still had no answers Monday. The game against New England included five turnovers by the offense and special teams, while the defense allowed a season-high 475 yards as the Patriots went 11 for 15 on third-down conversions.

''Some of the better defenses, they play well consistently, and I think that's not what we've been doing,'' Cromartie said. ''We haven't been playing well consistently. We've been up and down and that's something you can't have as a defense, especially when your offense is struggling at times. We've got to be the backbone of this team.''

While in-fighting in the locker room helped derail the Jets' season a year ago, there appears to be none of that this year. At least none that is evident, as there was then as Sanchez and the offensive line clashed with wide receiver Santonio Holmes.

''A team stays together no matter what,'' Cromartie said. ''That's a team. The way you get through it is by everybody sticking together and standing together, and believing in each other.''

But, does this team think it has a chance to roll through the next five weeks and make the playoffs?

''I don't even know what I believe right now, the way we've been playing,'' Cromartie said. ''There's five games left, and anything can happen.''

Landry also danced around the same question.

''We can fight,'' Landry said with a grin, ''and win ballgames.''

NOTES: Ryan said he was ''disappointed'' at hearing that Ed Anzalone - who led the ''J-E-T-S'' chants at home games for years - announced in a guest column in Metro New York that he is no longer going to games as Fireman Ed because of increasing ''confrontations'' with fans, many of whom take exception to him wearing Sanchez's No. 6 jersey. ''I love that guy's passion and energy that he would bring and, really, he's a great fan,'' Ryan said. ''I really admire him. ... I like Fireman Ed. If he could play linebacker, I'd use him.'' ... Moore took exception to NBC analyst Cris Collinsworth's description of the play in which Sanchez ran into him. Collinsworth said New England's Vince Wilfork threw Moore into Sanchez, and compared it to how Reggie White used to ''forklift'' offensive linemen. Replays showed that Moore fell when Sanchez ran into his backside. ''The Collinsworth guy, never really been a big fan of his,'' Moore said.

http://msn.foxsports...nish-5-0-112612

#2 User is offline   nejets2820 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

This is actually fairly tame for Rex.

''Heck yeah,'' Ryan said Monday. ''That's your goal. Absolutely, that's what you're trying to do. Our goal was to beat New England also, but that never worked out.''

Furthermore

''I'm saying right now that I'm not going to make a guarantee that we're going to make the playoffs or that deal,'' Ryan said. ''We have to get better. It has to start right now.''

Please really read his quote. He doesn't say we are going to run the table, make the playoffs, and win the Super Bowl like he has in the past. He says what anybody in that organization should be thinking. Their goal is to win. That is what they are paid for, contrary to the on field performances.

There is plenty of Rex and the Jets to be critical of, but it isn't from this piece. Bashing what is said here is being negative for the sake of being negative.

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

You play, to win, the game!
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#5 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

This next five game stretch will be pretty interesting since we face nothing but "bad" teams. People are still sticking up a lot for Ryan and saying it is the lack of talent, but these are teams that are as poorly equipped to play as anyone. If the Jets win four or five games Ryan will probably save his job, if the team only wins one or two I think it is reasonable to expect him to be fired.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#6 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostMoMilk1991, on 27 November 2012 - 03:59 AM, said:

This is actually fairly tame for Rex.

[/font][/color]Furthermore

Please really read his quote. He doesn't say we are going to run the table, make the playoffs, and win the Super Bowl like he has in the past. He says what anybody in that organization should be thinking. Their goal is to win. That is what they are paid for, contrary to the on field performances.

There is plenty of Rex and the Jets to be critical of, but it isn't from this piece. Bashing what is said here is being negative for the sake of being negative.

I feel like changing the title to "Rex recruiting fireman Ed to start at linebacker"
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#7 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

View Postsantana, on 27 November 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

I feel like changing the title to "Rex recruiting fireman Ed to start at linebacker"

Has more reality than the current title.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users