NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mock Drafts Around The Net - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Geno injured, IK cut, Amish Rifle starting - http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38773
ganggreen2003 Icon : (30 August 2015 - 07:50 PM) Any word on Leonard Williams injury?
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2015 - 11:49 PM) He will be ready week 1. Just a sprain
Jetsfan115 Icon : (31 August 2015 - 10:33 AM) so we whooped the giants ass pretty badly
Jetsfan115 Icon : (31 August 2015 - 10:38 AM) bills cut fred jackson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (31 August 2015 - 12:29 PM) We got lucky with Williams
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (31 August 2015 - 12:30 PM) Hes looked like a beast as well, so we need him healthy. Hes gonna be a future all pro
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (31 August 2015 - 12:31 PM) Our offense can be competent this season
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (31 August 2015 - 12:33 PM) Zac Stacy was a good add
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (31 August 2015 - 01:46 PM) I'm surprised Freeman was cut, I thought he was a solid backup center. Guess they like Wesley Johnson better
Jetsfan115 Icon : (31 August 2015 - 01:58 PM) our offense is passable. we should put up 14-17 a game average
Jetsfan115 Icon : (31 August 2015 - 01:58 PM) should be enough for our Defense. our d-line is nasty with wilk, rich, snacks, and now williams
Jetsfan115 Icon : (31 August 2015 - 01:59 PM) out MLBs get picked on in coverage though. davis had a rough game
Jetsfan115 Icon : (31 August 2015 - 01:59 PM) our Cbs are way too good. cro revis and skrine. plus mcdougle looked solid. when milliner comes back, him being a dime back could be huge too
Jetsman05 Icon : (31 August 2015 - 02:24 PM) 17 points a game is "passable"? If we average 17 a game this season, we won't win more than 5 ball games.
Jetsman05 Icon : (31 August 2015 - 02:24 PM) Needs to be 20+
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (31 August 2015 - 05:33 PM) Our offense should be better than its been in years
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (31 August 2015 - 05:34 PM) which wouldn't take much
Jetsfan115 Icon : (01 September 2015 - 12:03 PM) another ex jet going to the pats http://theredzone.or...ms/Default.aspx
Jetsfan115 Icon : (01 September 2015 - 12:04 PM) our defense should allow an average of less then 14 a game IMO. If we can average 17 a agme I think we can win 9-10
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (01 September 2015 - 12:25 PM) Jace Amaro was put on IR, torn labrum.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (01 September 2015 - 12:26 PM) That sucks, I was looking forward to him at TE
ROBJETS Icon : (01 September 2015 - 07:24 PM) Labrum tear....definitely out for the year. Its not a bad surgery. I used the sling for about a week before I ditched it completely. Supposed to use it for a full 6 weeks. You can get away without it but just have to be careful not raising or moving your arm much and no lifting of pretty much anything. As far as fully healing ....6 mon ths minimum but for lifting heavy and full contact sports I wouldnt trust 6 months
ROBJETS Icon : (01 September 2015 - 07:31 PM) Still not that bad of a surgery on a pain scale. after a few days it mostly just aches like hell. ice and keeping your arm still is important. sleeping is major hard for the first 3 weeks or so. You wake up in pain a god bit. Id be dreaming and jerk my right arm up or move it wrong or lay on it wrong and wake up in major pain. still I liked t better without the sling than being completely immobile with one arm and healed just fine. He will come back from it fine
ganggreen2003 Icon : (01 September 2015 - 08:37 PM) sucks we lost Amaro for the season
santana Icon : (02 September 2015 - 09:34 AM) http://sport.woot.co...ef=gh_sp_6_wp_3
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 September 2015 - 09:47 AM) No suspension for Brady, what a joke
Jetsman05 Icon : (03 September 2015 - 12:26 PM) I don't think it is a joke but f*** him.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 September 2015 - 04:15 PM) f*** new england
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 September 2015 - 04:15 PM) he still was behind the balls being deflated
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 September 2015 - 04:16 PM) he authorized those 2 employees to do that to the footballs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 September 2015 - 04:16 PM) he is a diva so f*** that classless organization
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 September 2015 - 04:21 PM) it's especially sickening living in the middle of CHEATriot country and listening to these assclowns up here make excuses for their POS QB
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 September 2015 - 04:21 PM) and that classless organization
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 September 2015 - 05:13 PM) who's watching this game tonight?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 September 2015 - 06:09 PM) INT and then he fumbles it away
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 September 2015 - 06:09 PM) f***ing Walls
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 September 2015 - 06:15 PM) Stacy is runnin the rock
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 September 2015 - 06:15 PM) all running plays so far
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 September 2015 - 06:18 PM) TOUCHDOWN NEW YORK JETS!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 September 2015 - 06:45 PM) TOUCHDOWN NEW YORK JETS!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 September 2015 - 06:45 PM) 14-3
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 September 2015 - 09:50 PM) We are really dumb if we cut Kerley
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 AM) we won't cut him this year, next year we might
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:42 AM) steve waetherford got cut by the giants, they traded the steelers for brad wing
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:38 PM) bills cut IK
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Mock Drafts Around The Net

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,172
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Walterfootball.com (updated yesterday)

Rd 1: Barkevious Mingo OLB/DE, LSU
Rd 2: D.J. Fluker OT, Alabama
Rd 3: Tyler Bray QB, Tennessee

Shawn Zobel (updated yesterday):

Rd 1: Damontre Moore OLB, Texas A & M

NFL Draft Countdown (as of Oct 27):

Rd 1: Damontre Moore OLB, Texas A & M

Rob Rang (Cbssports.com-- updated 11/28)

Rd 1: Barkevious Mingo OLB/DE, LSU

Dane Brugler (Cbssports.com-- updated 11/27):


Rd 1: Jarvis Jones OLB, Georgia
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,492
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Jarvis Jones looks like a Top 5 pick. Our schedule is pretty weak so we'll be somewhere in the 9-12 range. Where do most mocks have Landry Jones? If he's available in the top of the 3rd round, I can see us getting him.
0

#3 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,470
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 November 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Jarvis Jones looks like a Top 5 pick. Our schedule is pretty weak so we'll be somewhere in the 9-12 range. Where do most mocks have Landry Jones? If he's available in the top of the 3rd round, I can see us getting him.

Next years draft is one of the few drafts I have almost no faith in. Ive never thought that before at least as far as my memory goes. I doubt the draft is going to help us much if at all. The fo is to stubborn to start over.

Most all of us believe (even though we hope otherwise) that there will be more of the same next year. I doubt a couple players in the draft will make much of a difference. Most of us(unlike Rex) dont believe we are close and we need major changes on the roster and management too. Not to mention Westhoff is planning to retire.We have multiple issues on offense and defense and the chances of all of them being corrected in one year is almost zero.

A few things though.... my believe is that we need at least two major changes. If Rex cant get away from his LOYALTY issues. He needs to go. I like the guy but he is a head coach in the NFL. His mouth a side he cant be buddies with his players at all. The only exception might be is if the team was competing on a Superbowl level each year.

Next we need better scouts and Tanny needs to step down as far as bringing in personnel obviously he isn't cut out for that job.

Next...this team isn't going anywhere with Mark for sure. I said this in his second season and I'm still saying it only now I'm not in the minority in seeing it. He hasn't shown any progress and he isn't suited to be a starter in this league. A backup at best.We wont get anything in trade for Mark. No other team would bring him in as a starter. If anyone traded for him it would be as a backup. I think the org is to money hungry to eat the money and at least try a different path whether it be benching him,trading him,or releasing him.

All this is just echoing what most of us believe. I dont have much faith in having a good season next year. Hopefully I'm wrong.
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,492
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 29 November 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Next years draft is one of the few drafts I have almost no faith in. Ive never thought that before at least as far as my memory goes. I doubt the draft is going to help us much if at all. The fo is to stubborn to start over.

Most all of us believe (even though we hope otherwise) that there will be more of the same next year. I doubt a couple players in the draft will make much of a difference. Most of us(unlike Rex) dont believe we are close and we need major changes on the roster and management too. Not to mention Westhoff is planning to retire.We have multiple issues on offense and defense and the chances of all of them being corrected in one year is almost zero.

A few things though.... my believe is that we need at least two major changes. If Rex cant get away from his LOYALTY issues. He needs to go. I like the guy but he is a head coach in the NFL. His mouth a side he cant be buddies with his players at all. The only exception might be is if the team was competing on a Superbowl level each year.

Next we need better scouts and Tanny needs to step down as far as bringing in personnel obviously he isn't cut out for that job.

Next...this team isn't going anywhere with Mark for sure. I said this in his second season and I'm still saying it only now I'm not in the minority in seeing it. He hasn't shown any progress and he isn't suited to be a starter in this league. A backup at best.We wont get anything in trade for Mark. No other team would bring him in as a starter. If anyone traded for him it would be as a backup. I think the org is to money hungry to eat the money and at least try a different path whether it be benching him,trading him,or releasing him.

All this is just echoing what most of us believe. I dont have much faith in having a good season next year. Hopefully I'm wrong.


I don't believe a single word that comes out of Rex's mouth and his loyalty is just that. I think he's sticking with what he has because he knows that the cupboard is bare. Any one who see Tebow throw know how atrocious he looks and the fact that Sanchez is guaranteed money for next season removes any incentive whatsoever from going to a QB change. If we had a decent backup, we'd probably do it but a shitty FB behind your incumbent who'll be on the team in 2013 regardless removes any reason for a QB switch. For all his loyalty, Rex never said a peep about pushing vets out of the door. Woody, Leonhard, J-Co, Richardson (who retired but said he'd come back if the Jets called), TJ, Jenkins etc etc. None of those guys got any special treatment from Rex... his loyalty is up there with his faith in Gholston.
0

#5 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,060
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 November 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Jarvis Jones looks like a Top 5 pick. Our schedule is pretty weak so we'll be somewhere in the 9-12 range. Where do most mocks have Landry Jones? If he's available in the top of the 3rd round, I can see us getting him.


Holy f*** Landry Jones is god awful
0

#6 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,470
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 November 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

I don't believe a single word that comes out of Rex's mouth and his loyalty is just that. I think he's sticking with what he has because he knows that the cupboard is bare. Any one who see Tebow throw know how atrocious he looks and the fact that Sanchez is guaranteed money for next season removes any incentive whatsoever from going to a QB change. If we had a decent backup, we'd probably do it but a shitty FB behind your incumbent who'll be on the team in 2013 regardless removes any reason for a QB switch. For all his loyalty, Rex never said a peep about pushing vets out of the door. Woody, Leonhard, J-Co, Richardson (who retired but said he'd come back if the Jets called), TJ, Jenkins etc etc. None of those guys got any special treatment from Rex... his loyalty is up there with his faith in Gholston.

I actually like Rex because I think he is cool even though he doesn't know when to stop running his mouth.

Id like to agree with you but Rex`s actions say different.If Rex doesn't have loyalty issues then the only other explanation is that he is a total dumb-ass or as others suggested maybe Shitchez has something on Rex.

I will give you a perfect example. The Packers vs. Giants game. The Packers were destroyed. Rodgers had a bad game except for one long bomb to Jordy Nelson(the only td the Packers scored). Rodgers was getting down the field but be was also screwing up a lot because of great coverage and him being hit and under tremendous pressure all night.

Probably some of the most pressure if not the most Ive ever seen Rodgers in all night. With that in mind Rodgers is one of the top 3 qbs in the league. He got benched with around 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

The benching was more for precautionary reasons than anything as we all know. The game was decided with no chance of a comeback. So why put Rodgers through anymore physical or mental stress,or chance of injury????? A common sense move. Whether the backup was shitty or good made no difference because it was still common sense to put him in.

Yet Sanchez is never benched for any reason no matter what the score. Whether Tebow or Mcelroy are both bad or one of them turns out good in games makes no difference at all in situations where the game is out of hand. Any intelligent good coach will put backups in out of hand games. It might be rare but even Tom Brady gets benched during some games when they are to far behind or real far ahead.Its well known by everyone that backup qbs get little to no snaps with the 1st team.Especially the third string qb.

Also some people dont want to here about Mcelroy. The man made it to the NFL and the Jets have kept him around so obviously they think he has something to offer.Also people knock his preseason games which I dont get. When he plays in the final preseason game he may not have been playing against the elite 1st teamers but he was playing against some 1st teamers and 2nd teamers,and mostly players that already made the team. By the last preseason game most of the scrubs are already gone from the team yet people delusionally act like the 4th game was like the 1st preseason game
Also there have been coaches that cut or at the least bench players mid season just for fumbling to much,playing bad,legal problems,causing problems with the team,etc. Rex does none of this.

So explain to me how this isn't loyalty.I dont care who the hell he puts behind center even if its the team janitor. When the game is out of hand most every team will bench their 1st string qb and any elite players. Rex doesn't.I dont know of any other team that refuses to follow this practice with their star players. Something is obviously wrong with this. Its either loyalty or something else.

The the coaching staff have an obligation to bench their top players in out of hand games. The fans want to see it and so should the coaches. How in the mother f*ck can the team ever find out what you have in your backups if you literally refuse to never put them on the field under any situation. Its sheer stupidity.

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if mark had a broken neck and was still starting. I just dont understand what is going on with this coaching staff.Bunch of f*cking morons if you ask me.

If Kaepernik was a backup here with the Jets he would never see the field yet in San Fran Aleez Smith loses his job even though he was having a pretty damn good year.

Our coaching staff and fo have some serious issues period.
0

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,121
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

It would seem to me that if we have a top 10 pick, a pass rusher might be our most logical choice with the way this draft is shaping up to be. Jarvis Jones has some kind of medical ref flag, I think its a back condition or something. He is a awesome player though. Mingo doesn't have the sack production in college, but he has the looks of a edge rusher. Real explosive off the line, you can see the talent.


At QB, maybe the Jets can find a veteran QB to compete against Mark since they are pretty much stuck with Mark next season with his guaranteed salary. Trade Tebow somewhere. Alex Smith and Matt Flynn could be available.
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users