NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mock Drafts Around The Net - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:49 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (29 July 2014 - 11:16 AM) any news on Amaro? havent seen anything on twitter.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 03:56 PM) only 39 days 20 hours and 3 min to go till the JETS kick off the season on Sept 7th at 1pm against the Oakland Raiders
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 03:59 PM) Amaro practiced today in full pads
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:21 PM) 42 Days 39 min till Sons Of Anarchy FINAL SEASON starts
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:42 PM) Amaro has a lingering sore tendon
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:43 PM) I've read that hes been up and down so far
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:44 PM) Dexter McDougle has been looking really good
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:44 PM) Oday Aboushi might end up starting on the OL, hes been doing good at LG
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:46 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 July 2014 - 11:41 PM) VICK=$$$$$$
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:24 AM) Everyone knows that Vick = $$
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:03 PM) I do it all
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:03 PM) North to south east to the west
JSOTF Icon : (Today, 03:50 AM) Greetings from Germany!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Mock Drafts Around The Net

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Walterfootball.com (updated yesterday)

Rd 1: Barkevious Mingo OLB/DE, LSU
Rd 2: D.J. Fluker OT, Alabama
Rd 3: Tyler Bray QB, Tennessee

Shawn Zobel (updated yesterday):

Rd 1: Damontre Moore OLB, Texas A & M

NFL Draft Countdown (as of Oct 27):

Rd 1: Damontre Moore OLB, Texas A & M

Rob Rang (Cbssports.com-- updated 11/28)

Rd 1: Barkevious Mingo OLB/DE, LSU

Dane Brugler (Cbssports.com-- updated 11/27):

Rd 1: Jarvis Jones OLB, Georgia
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Jarvis Jones looks like a Top 5 pick. Our schedule is pretty weak so we'll be somewhere in the 9-12 range. Where do most mocks have Landry Jones? If he's available in the top of the 3rd round, I can see us getting him.

#3 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 November 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Jarvis Jones looks like a Top 5 pick. Our schedule is pretty weak so we'll be somewhere in the 9-12 range. Where do most mocks have Landry Jones? If he's available in the top of the 3rd round, I can see us getting him.

Next years draft is one of the few drafts I have almost no faith in. Ive never thought that before at least as far as my memory goes. I doubt the draft is going to help us much if at all. The fo is to stubborn to start over.

Most all of us believe (even though we hope otherwise) that there will be more of the same next year. I doubt a couple players in the draft will make much of a difference. Most of us(unlike Rex) dont believe we are close and we need major changes on the roster and management too. Not to mention Westhoff is planning to retire.We have multiple issues on offense and defense and the chances of all of them being corrected in one year is almost zero.

A few things though.... my believe is that we need at least two major changes. If Rex cant get away from his LOYALTY issues. He needs to go. I like the guy but he is a head coach in the NFL. His mouth a side he cant be buddies with his players at all. The only exception might be is if the team was competing on a Superbowl level each year.

Next we need better scouts and Tanny needs to step down as far as bringing in personnel obviously he isn't cut out for that job.

Next...this team isn't going anywhere with Mark for sure. I said this in his second season and I'm still saying it only now I'm not in the minority in seeing it. He hasn't shown any progress and he isn't suited to be a starter in this league. A backup at best.We wont get anything in trade for Mark. No other team would bring him in as a starter. If anyone traded for him it would be as a backup. I think the org is to money hungry to eat the money and at least try a different path whether it be benching him,trading him,or releasing him.

All this is just echoing what most of us believe. I dont have much faith in having a good season next year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 29 November 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Next years draft is one of the few drafts I have almost no faith in. Ive never thought that before at least as far as my memory goes. I doubt the draft is going to help us much if at all. The fo is to stubborn to start over.

Most all of us believe (even though we hope otherwise) that there will be more of the same next year. I doubt a couple players in the draft will make much of a difference. Most of us(unlike Rex) dont believe we are close and we need major changes on the roster and management too. Not to mention Westhoff is planning to retire.We have multiple issues on offense and defense and the chances of all of them being corrected in one year is almost zero.

A few things though.... my believe is that we need at least two major changes. If Rex cant get away from his LOYALTY issues. He needs to go. I like the guy but he is a head coach in the NFL. His mouth a side he cant be buddies with his players at all. The only exception might be is if the team was competing on a Superbowl level each year.

Next we need better scouts and Tanny needs to step down as far as bringing in personnel obviously he isn't cut out for that job.

Next...this team isn't going anywhere with Mark for sure. I said this in his second season and I'm still saying it only now I'm not in the minority in seeing it. He hasn't shown any progress and he isn't suited to be a starter in this league. A backup at best.We wont get anything in trade for Mark. No other team would bring him in as a starter. If anyone traded for him it would be as a backup. I think the org is to money hungry to eat the money and at least try a different path whether it be benching him,trading him,or releasing him.

All this is just echoing what most of us believe. I dont have much faith in having a good season next year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I don't believe a single word that comes out of Rex's mouth and his loyalty is just that. I think he's sticking with what he has because he knows that the cupboard is bare. Any one who see Tebow throw know how atrocious he looks and the fact that Sanchez is guaranteed money for next season removes any incentive whatsoever from going to a QB change. If we had a decent backup, we'd probably do it but a shitty FB behind your incumbent who'll be on the team in 2013 regardless removes any reason for a QB switch. For all his loyalty, Rex never said a peep about pushing vets out of the door. Woody, Leonhard, J-Co, Richardson (who retired but said he'd come back if the Jets called), TJ, Jenkins etc etc. None of those guys got any special treatment from Rex... his loyalty is up there with his faith in Gholston.

#5 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 November 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Holy f*** Landry Jones is god awful

#6 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 November 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

I don't believe a single word that comes out of Rex's mouth and his loyalty is just that. I think he's sticking with what he has because he knows that the cupboard is bare. Any one who see Tebow throw know how atrocious he looks and the fact that Sanchez is guaranteed money for next season removes any incentive whatsoever from going to a QB change. If we had a decent backup, we'd probably do it but a shitty FB behind your incumbent who'll be on the team in 2013 regardless removes any reason for a QB switch. For all his loyalty, Rex never said a peep about pushing vets out of the door. Woody, Leonhard, J-Co, Richardson (who retired but said he'd come back if the Jets called), TJ, Jenkins etc etc. None of those guys got any special treatment from Rex... his loyalty is up there with his faith in Gholston.

I actually like Rex because I think he is cool even though he doesn't know when to stop running his mouth.

Id like to agree with you but Rex`s actions say different.If Rex doesn't have loyalty issues then the only other explanation is that he is a total dumb-ass or as others suggested maybe Shitchez has something on Rex.

I will give you a perfect example. The Packers vs. Giants game. The Packers were destroyed. Rodgers had a bad game except for one long bomb to Jordy Nelson(the only td the Packers scored). Rodgers was getting down the field but be was also screwing up a lot because of great coverage and him being hit and under tremendous pressure all night.

Probably some of the most pressure if not the most Ive ever seen Rodgers in all night. With that in mind Rodgers is one of the top 3 qbs in the league. He got benched with around 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

The benching was more for precautionary reasons than anything as we all know. The game was decided with no chance of a comeback. So why put Rodgers through anymore physical or mental stress,or chance of injury????? A common sense move. Whether the backup was shitty or good made no difference because it was still common sense to put him in.

Yet Sanchez is never benched for any reason no matter what the score. Whether Tebow or Mcelroy are both bad or one of them turns out good in games makes no difference at all in situations where the game is out of hand. Any intelligent good coach will put backups in out of hand games. It might be rare but even Tom Brady gets benched during some games when they are to far behind or real far ahead.Its well known by everyone that backup qbs get little to no snaps with the 1st team.Especially the third string qb.

Also some people dont want to here about Mcelroy. The man made it to the NFL and the Jets have kept him around so obviously they think he has something to offer.Also people knock his preseason games which I dont get. When he plays in the final preseason game he may not have been playing against the elite 1st teamers but he was playing against some 1st teamers and 2nd teamers,and mostly players that already made the team. By the last preseason game most of the scrubs are already gone from the team yet people delusionally act like the 4th game was like the 1st preseason game
Also there have been coaches that cut or at the least bench players mid season just for fumbling to much,playing bad,legal problems,causing problems with the team,etc. Rex does none of this.

So explain to me how this isn't loyalty.I dont care who the hell he puts behind center even if its the team janitor. When the game is out of hand most every team will bench their 1st string qb and any elite players. Rex doesn't.I dont know of any other team that refuses to follow this practice with their star players. Something is obviously wrong with this. Its either loyalty or something else.

The the coaching staff have an obligation to bench their top players in out of hand games. The fans want to see it and so should the coaches. How in the mother f*ck can the team ever find out what you have in your backups if you literally refuse to never put them on the field under any situation. Its sheer stupidity.

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if mark had a broken neck and was still starting. I just dont understand what is going on with this coaching staff.Bunch of f*cking morons if you ask me.

If Kaepernik was a backup here with the Jets he would never see the field yet in San Fran Aleez Smith loses his job even though he was having a pretty damn good year.

Our coaching staff and fo have some serious issues period.

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

It would seem to me that if we have a top 10 pick, a pass rusher might be our most logical choice with the way this draft is shaping up to be. Jarvis Jones has some kind of medical ref flag, I think its a back condition or something. He is a awesome player though. Mingo doesn't have the sack production in college, but he has the looks of a edge rusher. Real explosive off the line, you can see the talent.

At QB, maybe the Jets can find a veteran QB to compete against Mark since they are pretty much stuck with Mark next season with his guaranteed salary. Trade Tebow somewhere. Alex Smith and Matt Flynn could be available.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users