NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mock Drafts Around The Net - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ROBJETS Icon : (22 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Don't read to much into Mark in the preseason. He usually looked good in the preseason even in a Jets uniform.. Big difference from regular season where the 1st string defense is playing 100%.
ROBJETS Icon : (22 August 2014 - 09:09 PM) A lot of 1st stringers are just getting reps in and trying not to get injured. Its only the backups trying to keep or get a job playing hard every down. If preseason qb play meant anything then Matt Simms would be the starting qb of the Jets.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 August 2014 - 12:00 AM) In Geno we trust
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 August 2014 - 07:23 AM) preseason or not, our offense hasn't looked competent in a while like it does this year. our rushing attack should be very good. Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory could be a dynamic duo
santana Icon : (23 August 2014 - 10:14 AM) http://youtu.be/2X0H709cJkA
santana Icon : (23 August 2014 - 01:28 PM) 2-0 lead most dangerous kind of lead
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 02:46 PM) Sam Bradford tears ACL and out for the season
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Dimitri Patterson is MISSING
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 04:50 PM) BREAKING NEWS: NO FAT CHICKS!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 August 2014 - 10:28 PM) Rams want Sanchez
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 August 2014 - 10:28 PM) Shotty and Sanchez again
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:04 PM) Champ Bailey to be released by Denver. Considering how busted up we are and Patterson now being suspended, do we take a look?
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:05 PM) Cro rumored to be gettin released from Arizona. We should definitely bring him in since he already knows the system and he's bett erhtan our 3rd/4th stringers which is where we're at at this point.
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:06 PM) *better than
Chaos Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:58 PM) Cro may get released?!
Chaos Icon : (25 August 2014 - 02:07 PM) /announcement
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 04:54 PM) patterson suspended indefinatly by idzik. were fucked at CB right now
azjetfan Icon : (25 August 2014 - 08:35 PM) Do the Rams have a CB worth trading for?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 08:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) Saunders had a seizure, that is why he got into a car crash. He returned to practice, weird/
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 07:00 AM) ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
Jets tried trading WR Stepehen Hill this summer. No takers. Let's see if final cuts today and Saturday change that equation.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:15 AM) i hate izdik
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 12:32 PM) Our starting CB Walls working in rehab area
Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 02:52 PM) any CBs that are decent on the trade block or facing salary cuts?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:00 PM) I wouldnt cut Hill watch him go to NE and turn into Randy Moss
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) I'm just glad there aren't anymore greedy bastards on the team to deal with
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Or street thugs
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) f*** a CB problem
Jetsman05 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:49 PM) need 1 more in the fantasy league
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM) Dimitri suspended for the rest of preseason. I'm sorry, I know we are bone dry at corner these days but they should have cut this prick on the spot . He's going to get torched regardless this year and I'd rather cut ties with any potential cancerous attitutudes before the season even starts.
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:34 PM) Where I come from you take responsibility for your actions. Not showing up for a game is cowardly and selfish. f*** him
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:36 PM) Also he doesn't know what the acronym AWOL means so he's also an idiot. No wonder he's never been anything but a journeyman corner is this league.
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 09:11 PM) So how do you really feel?
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:18 PM) I think my last three posts pretty much summarize how I feel haha. He's making 1.5 mill this year and no call no shows because his feeling are hurt. Would rather you play corner azjetfan than this guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:43 PM) injuries and poor QB play aren't good for a WR to develop
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:08 PM) 115 and Hill. Lol!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:18 PM) the excuses, Hill is just a terrible football player. no debate, just a fact. guy is soft as shit as well
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Mock Drafts Around The Net

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,027
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Walterfootball.com (updated yesterday)

Rd 1: Barkevious Mingo OLB/DE, LSU
Rd 2: D.J. Fluker OT, Alabama
Rd 3: Tyler Bray QB, Tennessee

Shawn Zobel (updated yesterday):

Rd 1: Damontre Moore OLB, Texas A & M

NFL Draft Countdown (as of Oct 27):

Rd 1: Damontre Moore OLB, Texas A & M

Rob Rang (Cbssports.com-- updated 11/28)

Rd 1: Barkevious Mingo OLB/DE, LSU

Dane Brugler (Cbssports.com-- updated 11/27):


Rd 1: Jarvis Jones OLB, Georgia
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Jarvis Jones looks like a Top 5 pick. Our schedule is pretty weak so we'll be somewhere in the 9-12 range. Where do most mocks have Landry Jones? If he's available in the top of the 3rd round, I can see us getting him.
0

#3 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,383
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 November 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Jarvis Jones looks like a Top 5 pick. Our schedule is pretty weak so we'll be somewhere in the 9-12 range. Where do most mocks have Landry Jones? If he's available in the top of the 3rd round, I can see us getting him.

Next years draft is one of the few drafts I have almost no faith in. Ive never thought that before at least as far as my memory goes. I doubt the draft is going to help us much if at all. The fo is to stubborn to start over.

Most all of us believe (even though we hope otherwise) that there will be more of the same next year. I doubt a couple players in the draft will make much of a difference. Most of us(unlike Rex) dont believe we are close and we need major changes on the roster and management too. Not to mention Westhoff is planning to retire.We have multiple issues on offense and defense and the chances of all of them being corrected in one year is almost zero.

A few things though.... my believe is that we need at least two major changes. If Rex cant get away from his LOYALTY issues. He needs to go. I like the guy but he is a head coach in the NFL. His mouth a side he cant be buddies with his players at all. The only exception might be is if the team was competing on a Superbowl level each year.

Next we need better scouts and Tanny needs to step down as far as bringing in personnel obviously he isn't cut out for that job.

Next...this team isn't going anywhere with Mark for sure. I said this in his second season and I'm still saying it only now I'm not in the minority in seeing it. He hasn't shown any progress and he isn't suited to be a starter in this league. A backup at best.We wont get anything in trade for Mark. No other team would bring him in as a starter. If anyone traded for him it would be as a backup. I think the org is to money hungry to eat the money and at least try a different path whether it be benching him,trading him,or releasing him.

All this is just echoing what most of us believe. I dont have much faith in having a good season next year. Hopefully I'm wrong.
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 29 November 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Next years draft is one of the few drafts I have almost no faith in. Ive never thought that before at least as far as my memory goes. I doubt the draft is going to help us much if at all. The fo is to stubborn to start over.

Most all of us believe (even though we hope otherwise) that there will be more of the same next year. I doubt a couple players in the draft will make much of a difference. Most of us(unlike Rex) dont believe we are close and we need major changes on the roster and management too. Not to mention Westhoff is planning to retire.We have multiple issues on offense and defense and the chances of all of them being corrected in one year is almost zero.

A few things though.... my believe is that we need at least two major changes. If Rex cant get away from his LOYALTY issues. He needs to go. I like the guy but he is a head coach in the NFL. His mouth a side he cant be buddies with his players at all. The only exception might be is if the team was competing on a Superbowl level each year.

Next we need better scouts and Tanny needs to step down as far as bringing in personnel obviously he isn't cut out for that job.

Next...this team isn't going anywhere with Mark for sure. I said this in his second season and I'm still saying it only now I'm not in the minority in seeing it. He hasn't shown any progress and he isn't suited to be a starter in this league. A backup at best.We wont get anything in trade for Mark. No other team would bring him in as a starter. If anyone traded for him it would be as a backup. I think the org is to money hungry to eat the money and at least try a different path whether it be benching him,trading him,or releasing him.

All this is just echoing what most of us believe. I dont have much faith in having a good season next year. Hopefully I'm wrong.


I don't believe a single word that comes out of Rex's mouth and his loyalty is just that. I think he's sticking with what he has because he knows that the cupboard is bare. Any one who see Tebow throw know how atrocious he looks and the fact that Sanchez is guaranteed money for next season removes any incentive whatsoever from going to a QB change. If we had a decent backup, we'd probably do it but a shitty FB behind your incumbent who'll be on the team in 2013 regardless removes any reason for a QB switch. For all his loyalty, Rex never said a peep about pushing vets out of the door. Woody, Leonhard, J-Co, Richardson (who retired but said he'd come back if the Jets called), TJ, Jenkins etc etc. None of those guys got any special treatment from Rex... his loyalty is up there with his faith in Gholston.
0

#5 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 6,992
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 November 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Jarvis Jones looks like a Top 5 pick. Our schedule is pretty weak so we'll be somewhere in the 9-12 range. Where do most mocks have Landry Jones? If he's available in the top of the 3rd round, I can see us getting him.


Holy f*** Landry Jones is god awful
0

#6 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,383
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 November 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

I don't believe a single word that comes out of Rex's mouth and his loyalty is just that. I think he's sticking with what he has because he knows that the cupboard is bare. Any one who see Tebow throw know how atrocious he looks and the fact that Sanchez is guaranteed money for next season removes any incentive whatsoever from going to a QB change. If we had a decent backup, we'd probably do it but a shitty FB behind your incumbent who'll be on the team in 2013 regardless removes any reason for a QB switch. For all his loyalty, Rex never said a peep about pushing vets out of the door. Woody, Leonhard, J-Co, Richardson (who retired but said he'd come back if the Jets called), TJ, Jenkins etc etc. None of those guys got any special treatment from Rex... his loyalty is up there with his faith in Gholston.

I actually like Rex because I think he is cool even though he doesn't know when to stop running his mouth.

Id like to agree with you but Rex`s actions say different.If Rex doesn't have loyalty issues then the only other explanation is that he is a total dumb-ass or as others suggested maybe Shitchez has something on Rex.

I will give you a perfect example. The Packers vs. Giants game. The Packers were destroyed. Rodgers had a bad game except for one long bomb to Jordy Nelson(the only td the Packers scored). Rodgers was getting down the field but be was also screwing up a lot because of great coverage and him being hit and under tremendous pressure all night.

Probably some of the most pressure if not the most Ive ever seen Rodgers in all night. With that in mind Rodgers is one of the top 3 qbs in the league. He got benched with around 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

The benching was more for precautionary reasons than anything as we all know. The game was decided with no chance of a comeback. So why put Rodgers through anymore physical or mental stress,or chance of injury????? A common sense move. Whether the backup was shitty or good made no difference because it was still common sense to put him in.

Yet Sanchez is never benched for any reason no matter what the score. Whether Tebow or Mcelroy are both bad or one of them turns out good in games makes no difference at all in situations where the game is out of hand. Any intelligent good coach will put backups in out of hand games. It might be rare but even Tom Brady gets benched during some games when they are to far behind or real far ahead.Its well known by everyone that backup qbs get little to no snaps with the 1st team.Especially the third string qb.

Also some people dont want to here about Mcelroy. The man made it to the NFL and the Jets have kept him around so obviously they think he has something to offer.Also people knock his preseason games which I dont get. When he plays in the final preseason game he may not have been playing against the elite 1st teamers but he was playing against some 1st teamers and 2nd teamers,and mostly players that already made the team. By the last preseason game most of the scrubs are already gone from the team yet people delusionally act like the 4th game was like the 1st preseason game
Also there have been coaches that cut or at the least bench players mid season just for fumbling to much,playing bad,legal problems,causing problems with the team,etc. Rex does none of this.

So explain to me how this isn't loyalty.I dont care who the hell he puts behind center even if its the team janitor. When the game is out of hand most every team will bench their 1st string qb and any elite players. Rex doesn't.I dont know of any other team that refuses to follow this practice with their star players. Something is obviously wrong with this. Its either loyalty or something else.

The the coaching staff have an obligation to bench their top players in out of hand games. The fans want to see it and so should the coaches. How in the mother f*ck can the team ever find out what you have in your backups if you literally refuse to never put them on the field under any situation. Its sheer stupidity.

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if mark had a broken neck and was still starting. I just dont understand what is going on with this coaching staff.Bunch of f*cking morons if you ask me.

If Kaepernik was a backup here with the Jets he would never see the field yet in San Fran Aleez Smith loses his job even though he was having a pretty damn good year.

Our coaching staff and fo have some serious issues period.
0

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,988
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

It would seem to me that if we have a top 10 pick, a pass rusher might be our most logical choice with the way this draft is shaping up to be. Jarvis Jones has some kind of medical ref flag, I think its a back condition or something. He is a awesome player though. Mingo doesn't have the sack production in college, but he has the looks of a edge rusher. Real explosive off the line, you can see the talent.


At QB, maybe the Jets can find a veteran QB to compete against Mark since they are pretty much stuck with Mark next season with his guaranteed salary. Trade Tebow somewhere. Alex Smith and Matt Flynn could be available.
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users