NYJetsFan.com Forums: " Who Should Be The Jets' Next Mascot ? " ? ? ? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:16 PM) 27 and the all time leading goal scorer in european cup and la liga history... crazy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) raul ny cosmos hype is real!!... crazy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) I want nasri to bite neuer
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Agueroooooooo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Xabi at faulttttt
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:30 PM) SPEEEEED
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) KUUUUUNNNNN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) I like zabaleta a lot but hes such a dope haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) what a f***ing player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) unbelievable
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) Yeah
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) its decided city should be renamed to Aguero and friends
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) haha yeah zaba looks like a player who should of played 15 years ago when tackles like that were deemed good
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) jeez
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) mistakes by boateng and xabi
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) bayern exhausted from working with 10 men
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) aguero the long con
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) aguero isnt exhausted though
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) OP as fuck
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Pep will be fuming
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) no more fun practices for bayern
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) carrying team mates around and skipping
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) all eyes on tomorrow. Liverpool don't get a result and Rodgers seat is on fire
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) what
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) I thought I just read that liverpool is sticking with him
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:41 PM) they will, atleast until january... but if we do not get a result tomorrow, it'll go down hill even faster
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:41 PM) he won't survive the season if he doesnt figure it out
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:42 PM) moyes to liverpool confirmed!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) bayern two bad passes one bad tackle today punished by aguero
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) otherwise city looked rather crapola
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:47 PM) moyesy coaching in your favorite league now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) yeah i saw that he was at real sociedad
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:51 PM) http://gfycat.com/MilkyMajesticDingo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) also very casual
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) boca represent
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) http://gfycat.com/Of...ingAmazonparrot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) that is the most raul goal i have ever seen
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) What's our wish list for HC next year?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:37 PM) BILL LAZOR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) Why?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:09 PM) he worked with chip kelly and vick on the eagles. and has a cool name
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:41 PM) Eh
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:37 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

" Who Should Be The Jets' Next Mascot ? " ? ? ?

#1 User is offline   kelly Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:jets , yankees , knicks , travel , surfin' ( the SO-CAL babyee ! ).

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Who Should Be the Jets' Next Mascot ?

The Jets lost a piece of their collective identity recently when "Fireman Ed"—Ed Anzalone, the fan renowned for leading the "J-E-T-S, JETS-JETS-JETS!" chants at Jets home games—announced that he was retiring from his unofficial role as the team's head cheerleader.Since the Jets are in the market for a new superfan to keep enthusiasm high at MetLife MET -0.80% Stadium (no easy task, for sure), here are a few recommendations :

Wildcat Tim

Has gained extensive and valuable experience in cheering on and lending support to Jets players and coaches this season. Would bring requisite sincerity, enthusiasm and spiritual devotion to the position. Versatility would allow him to lead "J-E-T-S" chant and orchestrate crowd in singing "New York, New York"—but only two or three times a game. Has exhibited willingness to sit through long stretches of games while shirtless.

Tuna Bill

Would supplement team's fan base by buying season tickets for Curtis Martin, Vinny Testaverde, Maurice Carthon, Keith Byars and so on. Would make any fan who didn't participate in "J-E-T-S" chant run gassers at halftime. Potential complication: Based on his quote, "You are what your record says you are," might change chant to reflect state of team: "FOUR-AND-SEV-VEN, JETS!

Broadway Joe

Has honed public-speaking and performance skills through work on "Monday Night Football," "The Love Boat" and "Fantasy Island." Has popular Twitter account and could post critiques of Mark Sanchez after each interception. Would remind Jets fans of a time when the franchise could be brash and bold and actually back it up. Would also remind Jets fans of a time when a man could wear pantyhose without fear of reprisal.

Coach Richie

Brooklyn native would deliver chant and cheers with appropriate New York accent. Coached Jets to four victories over two years in mid-1990s, so he would greet any season of five wins or more with unfettered joy. Also served as Philadelphia Eagles coach for four years, giving him deeper understanding for and appreciation of the negative atmosphere that can surround an NFL franchise.

> http://online.wsj.co...SJ_topics_obama
i ♥ u guys ..hey !..HEY ! ! ! you can come up now...
Posted Image
....we've actually WON some games ! ..For Real ! !

cheers ~ ~
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

At the state the team is now Id say a Bag Head or a guy in a costume that looks similar to a really fat goofy looking Rex Ryan.

Anyway not much of us care if we even have a mascot at this point. If this team doesn't have a huge turn around in the next two years the stadium will end up with a lot of empty seats. I just cant see many people paying psl prices and huge ticket prices for a team that has become the joke of the league.The fo better hope fans will buy single game tickets online because if things continue on this path for long I can see blackout games in the Jets future...NY or not.

This team isn't even the worst in the league as far as records but publicly media-wise from all the drama and constant crap the Jets have become shameful as an org to fans all over the league and even to Jets fans

#3 User is offline   kelly Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Interests:jets , yankees , knicks , travel , surfin' ( the SO-CAL babyee ! ).

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

ok...okay,...i'll do it....
Posted Image

cheers ~ ~
:drinks:/>
i ♥ u guys ..hey !..HEY ! ! ! you can come up now...
Posted Image
....we've actually WON some games ! ..For Real ! !

cheers ~ ~
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

http://www.mrbill.com/
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#5 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

I say nobody. The chant is more than enough. Let fireman ed go and do his thing. Put the gimmick aside and move on. Alot of good the mascot did this team.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users