NYJetsFan.com Forums: Ol Coach - Vlad/slauson Platoon Came "from High Above Me" - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 10:59 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:37 AM) another potential HC name - Sean Payton. There is a possibility that the Saints decide it's time for a change. Unlikely but if it happens and he's out there....
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Ol Coach - Vlad/slauson Platoon Came "from High Above Me"

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Fuming OL coach opens can of worms

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The Jets' wacky season took another strange turn Thursday -- a combative interview session with OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo, who, in between insults directed at the media, cast light on a possible crack in the organization.

DeGuglielmo made it clear he's not in favor of the Matt Slauson-Vladimir Ducasse platoon at left guard. He said the platoon, in which Ducasse plays every third series, is a directive from "high above me." It fuels speculation that GM Mike Tannenbaum, who has taken a lot of heat for using a second-round pick on the disappointing Ducasse, is calling the shots.

Asked to evaluate Ducasse, DeGuglielmo said, "He's playing well enough to be an every-third-series guy -- maybe."

He was effusive in his assessment of Slauson, saying, "Slauson is a big, tough, strong, smart kid. That's what he is. There are too few of those guys in the world."

Rex Ryan said it's his decision to employ a platoon. There's no doubt Slauson is a better player than Ducasse, but the front office went into the season determined to give playing time to Ducasse, perhaps looking ahead to 2013. Slauson is a free agent.

DeGuglielmo's 15-minute session with reporters began on a contentious note:

By league rule, position coaches are required to speak to the media at least once during the regular season -- the bye week. The Jets' bye was a month ago. DeGuglielmo was notified by the league office that he hadn't fulfilled his obligation. He was in a foul mood Thursday when he entered the interview room, holding a copy of an e-mail from a reporter who had filed a complaint with the league office.

DeGuglielmo, who was testy with reporters during spring and summer interviews, began Thursday's session with a silly statement. He said he was available during the bye week. Thing is, the Jets' facility was closed due to hurricane Sandy, which paralyzed the tri-state area.

"If anybody need(ed) to speak with me, I was here," he said. "It's not my job to find you."

And so it began. For the remainder of the session, DeGuglielmo lectured reporters, claiming they're too quick to blame the offensive line for failures in pass protection and the running game. He said he's happy with the performance of his line.

"I know I get comments from my boss, his boss and even his boss, and the owner, and they don't seem to be dissatisfied," he said. "You guys see what you want to see and write what you want to write. That's how it goes. That's the business we're in."

DeGuglielmo, a former Giants assistant OL coach, made a passing reference to his old team. He suggested the Jets' line play is on par with that of the Giants, but no one notices because the Jets are losing.

"The perception is different, depending on what chair you're sitting in," he said. "If you're sitting in a chair down the street and you watch the same type of stuff going on, you say, 'All right,'" he said. "They got a reputation of having one thing and we have a reputation for another."

He also said, "If you think this line stinks and I'm a terrible coach, so be it. I disagree and I think my bosses would say the same thing."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users