NYJetsFan.com Forums: Rex Likely Staying/tannenbaum Could Be Reassigned - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (Today, 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (Today, 01:40 PM) jared
Resize Shouts Area

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

Rex Likely Staying/tannenbaum Could Be Reassigned PFT

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,060
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

http://profootballta...-be-reassigned/

Quote

Rex likely will stay, Tannenbaum could be reassigned

Posted by Mike Florio on December 6, 2012, 7:22 PM EST

AP
Changes are likely coming to the Jets if (when) another season ends without a playoff berth. Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News shed some light during Thursday’s PFT Live on what could happen.

Mehta firmly believes that coach Rex Ryan will be back for a fifth season. So what about G.M. Mike Tannenbaum, who presumably is ultimately responsible for an actual or perceived lack of talent?

Mehta believes that Tannenbaum, who like Ryan is under contract for two more years, will be reassigned. Which is a kind way of saying demoted.

It wouldn’t be unprecedented. When Tannenbaum became the General Manager, the team’s former G.M., Terry Bradway, was reassigned. Which was a kind way of saying demoted.

If Mehta’s presumably educated hunch is accurate, it means that the team would need a new G.M., possibly someone with a background in scouting.

It’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out. And it was interesting to hear for the first time the possibility that both Ryan and Tannenbaum will stay, but that Tannebaum’s job duties will change.

You can hear it for yourself by checking out the segment from Thursday’s PFT Live.

Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#2 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,097
  • Joined: 04-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boca Raton, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 07 December 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:


He was brought here by Parcells to be in charge of the cap and was good at it. Clearly he is in over his head as GM. Aside from Wilkerson, he has had very little success in the draft since 2007. I just wonder if anyone would want the job given the depth of problems and circus like environment.
0

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

My problem with this is that if we keep Rex for one more year, but hire a new GM, what happens in a year? Is Rex going to have to win for his job in 2013? If so, isn't he at a disadvantage seeing as how he must win with the squad that was deemed bad enough to get it's chief architect "reassigned"? Also, shouldn't we be a little concerned that if we go this route, hiring a new GM next year and looking for a new HC in 2014, we'll be disqualifying ourselves from the top coaches who often want to be their own GMs?
0

#4 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

I think that would be a good overall move. Personally I think if you give Rex a solid (does not have to be great) team he will win games. The team we have now is pretty bad from a talent standpoint and the fact we guaranteed Sanchez's deal baffles me. No one on this site nor any reporter knows what is going on behind closed doors so this could be some of Woody's responsibility as well. I think keeping Tanny in a cap role is a good move. That is his claim to fame. The question is will another team make a move for him?
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 07 December 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

I think keeping Tanny in a cap role is a good move. That is his claim to fame. The question is will another team make a move for him?


:hysterical:

His reputation is the guy that ruined a franchise qb. I don't think his agent's phone will be ringing off the hook.
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,015
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

Manish doesn't know what hes talking about most of the time, so I'll believe it when I see it. It would be awesome if Tannenbaum was put back in a salary cap role and we got a real football mind at GM.
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 07 December 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

:hysterical:/>

His reputation is the guy that ruined a franchise qb. I don't think his agent's phone will be ringing off the hook.

I don't know if that is accurate. Sanchez, Shitty and Rex have to be at blame as well. He is a cap guru and has made some great trades and won some players in FA like Pace, Faneca, Tomlinson ect... He has skills he just does not know how to evaluate talent.
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,060
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 07 December 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

he just does not know how to evaluate talent.


Hence why his agent's phone will not be ringing off the hook
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 07 December 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

Hence why his agent's phone will not be ringing off the hook

He wont be going to a top tier team like the Steelers, Pats, Ect, but teams like the Browns, Bengals Bucs, Phins would make a run at him IMO. I never said his phone would be ringing off the hook, but he would have teams interested if we just fired him. He should stay with us at a lesser role or even one where he does not have final say in players
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 07 December 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

He is a cap guru and has made some great trades and won some players in FA like Pace, Faneca, Tomlinson ect... He has skills he just does not know how to evaluate talent.


Lets be honest, his best trade was to his buddy Mangini for the Sanchez pick. Outside of that, he gambles on players that wore out their welcome on their teams with the hope of turning them around. He lucked out with Cro, he bombed with Holmes. He usually gives up mid round picks for malcontent players with production. It's the BB formula, except BB stockpiles picks so when these trades don't work out, the Pats move on fairly quickly. Tanny forgot that part so when he trades picks away, those players better work out, otherwise we're stuck with guys like Chaz Schillens and Clyde Gates.

His record with FAs is shitty to say the least. Out of the guys he "lured", he basically paid more than anyone else. He lured them in the same way that Steinbrenner "lured" players to the Yankees: paying them more than what they were worth. Pace and Faneca were made the highest paid players at their respective positions at the time of their signings. He "lured" Bart Scott by giving him an extra year on his contract (which the Ravens refused to do)... and now we're stuck with him because he has outlived his usefullness. LT was a decent signing I guess, but what was the market for him?
0

#11 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 07 December 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Lets be honest, his best trade was to his buddy Mangini for the Sanchez pick. Outside of that, he gambles on players that wore out their welcome on their teams with the hope of turning them around. He lucked out with Cro, he bombed with Holmes. He usually gives up mid round picks for malcontent players with production. It's the BB formula, except BB stockpiles picks so when these trades don't work out, the Pats move on fairly quickly. Tanny forgot that part so when he trades picks away, those players better work out, otherwise we're stuck with guys like Chaz Schillens and Clyde Gates.

If we are being honest lets do that. Bombed with Holmes???? WTF are you talking about. We gave a 4th for a starting WR. Its not his fault Mark can't get him the ball. Yea he may be mouthy but he was right. Lucked out on Cro???? Come on man give credit where its due. I am by no way saying the man is doing a great job but outside of this year we have had a competitve football team under him. Your draft pick point is accurate. He has mishandled picks, Although thats easy to say in hindsight. Our drafting has been weak since Mangini left. Although I think most Jets fans agreed at the time giving a 4th for Tebow was stupid. My opinion is Tanny saw this team was shitty and needed to sell tickets and jerseys.

We did not pay Pace more than The Dolphins offered. Do you remember the whole Bill Parcells VS. Tanny bit? Faneca at the time was the best LG in the league and not only played well for a couple years but helped mentor Brick and Mangold as rookies. When he was cut what was the cap hit? Well worth it. Tomlinson was also considering the Vikings, Miami, 49ers and Raiders. We did not overpay for him.

And after all this we are not even taking into the fact that this is a business and there are other factors involved.
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

  • Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,298
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AUSTIN,TX MALE member 2000-01

  • NFL Team:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

43 yrs without a super bowl contending team with 100,000 tangibles and counting . they need to change the goal to another 43 yrs to not have a non contending Team set as the goal .
it could not hurt . or send the team to another city where coaches would actuallly want to come to and Be a Jet coach .these are 2 tangibles that have not been attempted Jersey doesn't count.
3rd maybe a have a reality TV contest like American Idol except for Coaches & GM. Kenny Mane could probable do this better than Me. :)
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 214
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 07 December 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

If we are being honest lets do that. Bombed with Holmes???? WTF are you talking about. We gave a 4th for a starting WR. Its not his fault Mark can't get him the ball. Yea he may be mouthy but he was right. Lucked out on Cro???? Come on man give credit where its due. I am by no way saying the man is doing a great job but outside of this year we have had a competitve football team under him. Your draft pick point is accurate. He has mishandled picks, Although thats easy to say in hindsight. Our drafting has been weak since Mangini left. Although I think most Jets fans agreed at the time giving a 4th for Tebow was stupid. My opinion is Tanny saw this team was shitty and needed to sell tickets and jerseys.

We did not pay Pace more than The Dolphins offered. Do you remember the whole Bill Parcells VS. Tanny bit? Faneca at the time was the best LG in the league and not only played well for a couple years but helped mentor Brick and Mangold as rookies. When he was cut what was the cap hit? Well worth it. Tomlinson was also considering the Vikings, Miami, 49ers and Raiders. We did not overpay for him.

And after all this we are not even taking into the fact that this is a business and there are other factors involved.


There is a big difference between being a #1 receiver good teams want and a #1 receiver for the Raiders-level teams. The Jets and Redskins considered Santana Moss a #1...do you think the Patriots did?

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#14 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 07 December 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

If we are being honest lets do that. Bombed with Holmes???? WTF are you talking about. We gave a 4th for a starting WR. Its not his fault Mark can't get him the ball. Yea he may be mouthy but he was right. Lucked out on Cro???? Come on man give credit where its due. I am by no way saying the man is doing a great job but outside of this year we have had a competitve football team under him. Your draft pick point is accurate. He has mishandled picks, Although thats easy to say in hindsight. Our drafting has been weak since Mangini left. Although I think most Jets fans agreed at the time giving a 4th for Tebow was stupid. My opinion is Tanny saw this team was shitty and needed to sell tickets and jerseys.

We did not pay Pace more than The Dolphins offered. Do you remember the whole Bill Parcells VS. Tanny bit? Faneca at the time was the best LG in the league and not only played well for a couple years but helped mentor Brick and Mangold as rookies. When he was cut what was the cap hit? Well worth it. Tomlinson was also considering the Vikings, Miami, 49ers and Raiders. We did not overpay for him.

And after all this we are not even taking into the fact that this is a business and there are other factors involved.


I think that the Holmes trade bit us in the ass. Hindsight is 20/20, but how has Holmes helped Sanchez? Yes he was a reliable target for one year, then he was a cancer for another year and now he's hurt and may not be ready until next summer. The thing about the Steelers trade is that they knew he was a cancer, they basically kicked him off the team. We "traded" for him only because Pittsburgh didn't want him. They didn't want a diva who thinks he's a #1 WR with one year left on his rookie deal who's going to be looking for a contract soon and doesn't have the production to warrant the kind of payday he'll seek. Tanny got him for a 4th rounder because the risk was high. Bad attitude guy, history of suspensions, looking for a new contract. Yea he's a good WR. Was he worth a 4th rounder? Yes. Was he worth a 4th rounder with the intention of giving him $9 mil per year (avg)? No.

Faneca was a great player, but he was a LG. OGs are generally the least paid OLs yet Tanny made him the highest paid OL in football, not the highest paid OG, but the highest paid OL. He threw the kitchen sink at him, and I think it was worth it. He was a great player for us for all the reasons you mentioned... but making someone the highest paid ever isn't good negotiating... it's just the willingness to be the last guy with your hand up.
0

#15 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 214
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

It was a fifth round pick and the Steelers were lucky to get that. They wanted to do anything to get rid of him.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#16 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 08 December 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

It was a fifth round pick and the Steelers were lucky to get that. They wanted to do anything to get rid of him.


Exactly.
0

#17 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,395
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

View Postgmany3k, on 07 December 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

43 yrs without a super bowl contending team with 100,000 tangibles and counting . they need to change the goal to another 43 yrs to not have a non contending Team set as the goal .
it could not hurt . or send the team to another city where coaches would actuallly want to come to and Be a Jet coach .these are 2 tangibles that have not been attempted Jersey doesn't count.
3rd maybe a have a reality TV contest like American Idol except for Coaches & GM. Kenny Mane could probable do this better than Me. :)

Things suck but send the team to another city??? Drink some more.
0

#18 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 07 December 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

There is a big difference between being a #1 receiver good teams want and a #1 receiver for the Raiders-level teams. The Jets and Redskins considered Santana Moss a #1...do you think the Patriots did?

If holmes had Brady or Manning throwing to him everyone would want him. Look at Welker, Woodhead Dallas Clark ect... All average players but with a QB are much better. Holmes has Sanchez throwing him the ball.
Posted Image
0

#19 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 07 December 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

I think that the Holmes trade bit us in the ass. Hindsight is 20/20, but how has Holmes helped Sanchez? Yes he was a reliable target for one year, then he was a cancer for another year and now he's hurt and may not be ready until next summer. The thing about the Steelers trade is that they knew he was a cancer, they basically kicked him off the team. We "traded" for him only because Pittsburgh didn't want him. They didn't want a diva who thinks he's a #1 WR with one year left on his rookie deal who's going to be looking for a contract soon and doesn't have the production to warrant the kind of payday he'll seek. Tanny got him for a 4th rounder because the risk was high. Bad attitude guy, history of suspensions, looking for a new contract. Yea he's a good WR. Was he worth a 4th rounder? Yes. Was he worth a 4th rounder with the intention of giving him $9 mil per year (avg)? No.

I see your points although disagree with his talent level and value at the time of trade. His injury this year is irrelavant to the trade value or contract since non of us have a crystal ball. Your question about what has he done for Sanchez? I would reverse that, because Sanchez has done nothing for Holmes. Yea he is a diva but worth a 5th rounder all day. His new contract does not even put him in the top 10 for WRs. http://www.numeroten...011-in-the-nfl/ . The structure of his deal is the problem. He is gauranteed next years money. But without him who is left on the roster? Kerley? A number 3 at best. Hill? We will see but so far looks like an average player at best. Jury is still out. His value for the Jets is high.

Quote

Faneca was a great player, but he was a LG. OGs are generally the least paid OLs yet Tanny made him the highest paid OL in football, not the highest paid OG, but the highest paid OL. He threw the kitchen sink at him, and I think it was worth it. He was a great player for us for all the reasons you mentioned... but making someone the highest paid ever isn't good negotiating... it's just the willingness to be the last guy with your hand up.


I think you are missing the point about what he brought to the team. His value with us was more than just a LG. Like a I said IMO he was brought here to help Brick and Mangold become what they are today as much as play LG. Imagine id Mangold or Brick went the other direction. His contract was not much more than Hutchinson's deal the year before. What one team sees value in a player may not agree with another team. We not only needed a LG but we needed a guy to mentor. At the time he was worth it.
Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,029
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

2013 Super Bowl is at MetLife. I'm sure Woody isn't going to want to clean house a season before the big game in his own home. It's possible for the Jets to contend next year IF they are able to get some talent in during the draft and free agency along with a healthy Revis and Holmes. Rex has given himself some leeway with the team's performance during his first two years (whether you agree with the sentiment or not is a different story). This is probably the best course of action for now. See how Rex and Sanchez perform with the extra and final year (their contracts end together in 2013). If they bomb yet again, give them the boot. The new GM gets his pick (HC & QB) and the Jets start all over...again :vava:

It's not the most popular sentiment but, in my eyes, it's the only one that makes sense.
0

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users