NYJetsFan.com Forums: Rex Likely Staying/tannenbaum Could Be Reassigned - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Rex Likely Staying/tannenbaum Could Be Reassigned PFT

#21 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 08 December 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

If holmes had Brady or Manning throwing to him everyone would want him. Look at Welker, Woodhead Dallas Clark ect... All average players but with a QB are much better. Holmes has Sanchez throwing him the ball.

So having an elite QB would make Holmes desirable...sort of like when he had Roethlisburger throwing to him and he went for a fifth? Fail. You also just said he was basically on the level of Woodhead, who is also on the level of Welker.

See, stats aren't what smart talent evaluaters use, which is why people who think a player is "better" because they have a good QB are inherently wrong most of the time. Holmes would produce more with Brady, but he would be the same lazy player who is a few balls-thrown-in-the-other-direction away from quitting on his team.

Good players are like Welker. When Welker went to the Patriots his production jumped from 700 yards to 1100 and his TDs from one to eight. Did Brady "make" him 80% better of a player by existing in the same stadium? No. Welker was basically the same player he was. Has Welker's production gone up after six seasons with Brady? No. Welker is, largely, the same caliber player he was leaving the Dolphins.

Certainly he has developed his skills, but this goofy idea players are better because of their QB is actually not goofy, it is wrong. Players produce better with a better QB because, duh, the talent around them is better. Thinking that a good team would be interested in Holmes is silly...anyone would be better in the sense you are talking about with Brady or Manning than with Sanchez or all but two or three other QBs in the league. Which is why teams like the Patriots and Broncos and Packers don't have to sell out for a scrub like Holmes. NY took a risk on a cut-rate car no one else wanted and got burned because it was a lazy PoS that only worked when it wanted to while the teams who have good QBs.

This isn't a vacuum. Good QBs make their teams look better, bad QBs make their teams look worse. Good QBs are improved by building around them, supporting them, and looking to the future. Bad teams ruin every chance they get by pursuing easy dollars and headlines or trying to bring in the discounted player-of-the-week. Good teams don't do what you're doing, thinking a player finally lived up to their potential under the hypothetical that they have the best QB in the league throwing to them (and justifying their poor production because of how bad their old QB was) they look at the work they actually do and judge them on that.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#22 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 08 December 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

So having an elite QB would make Holmes desirable...sort of like when he had Roethlisburger throwing to him and he went for a fifth? Fail. You also just said he was basically on the level of Woodhead, who is also on the level of Welker.

See, stats aren't what smart talent evaluaters use, which is why people who think a player is "better" because they have a good QB are inherently wrong most of the time. Holmes would produce more with Brady, but he would be the same lazy player who is a few balls-thrown-in-the-other-direction away from quitting on his team.

Good players are like Welker. When Welker went to the Patriots his production jumped from 700 yards to 1100 and his TDs from one to eight. Did Brady "make" him 80% better of a player by existing in the same stadium? No. Welker was basically the same player he was. Has Welker's production gone up after six seasons with Brady? No. Welker is, largely, the same caliber player he was leaving the Dolphins.

Certainly he has developed his skills, but this goofy idea players are better because of their QB is actually not goofy, it is wrong. Players produce better with a better QB because, duh, the talent around them is better. Thinking that a good team would be interested in Holmes is silly...anyone would be better in the sense you are talking about with Brady or Manning than with Sanchez or all but two or three other QBs in the league. Which is why teams like the Patriots and Broncos and Packers don't have to sell out for a scrub like Holmes. NY took a risk on a cut-rate car no one else wanted and got burned because it was a lazy PoS that only worked when it wanted to while the teams who have good QBs.

This isn't a vacuum. Good QBs make their teams look better, bad QBs make their teams look worse. Good QBs are improved by building around them, supporting them, and looking to the future. Bad teams ruin every chance they get by pursuing easy dollars and headlines or trying to bring in the discounted player-of-the-week. Good teams don't do what you're doing, thinking a player finally lived up to their potential under the hypothetical that they have the best QB in the league throwing to them (and justifying their poor production because of how bad their old QB was) they look at the work they actually do and judge them on that.

I am assuming you did not read any of the thread. You are agreeing with me. What I said was Holmes trade value can't be dertermined by his stats here. I brought up Brady and Peyton to show that. The point was stats don't prove anything. If we exchanged Welker and Holmes I bet Holmes would be just as productive as Welker and vice versa. Anyone who does not think Holmes is not worth a 5th rounder is fooling themselves.
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 08 December 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

If holmes had Brady or Manning throwing to him everyone would want him. Look at Welker, Woodhead Dallas Clark ect... All average players but with a QB are much better. Holmes has Sanchez throwing him the ball.

Yes. Holmes was a botched trade. Holmes is a little b!tch and everyone knows it. Santonio Holmes = Meshawn Johnson reincarnate. Stop blaming Sanchez for Holmes failures. Not running routes. Running half as$ and not giving it his all on plays. Not laying out like he did in his contract year. He got paid and then got lazy. EXACTLY like Meshawn did.

Sanchez COULD have been a far better QB than he is if it wasn't for Tanny & company screwing him by not giving him consistant receivers. Holmes is the ONLY WR he's had for any time & its difficult to build a rapport with a WR if they refuse to even try but will be the first to talk $hit about the QB when he wasn't getting the ball. Read the book titled "Just Give Me the damn ball" & you'll see a mirror image of Holmes. Holmes (like Meshawn) is a legend in his own mind.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#24 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 09 December 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

Yes. Holmes was a botched trade. Holmes is a little b!tch and everyone knows it. Santonio Holmes = Meshawn Johnson reincarnate. Stop blaming Sanchez for Holmes failures. Not running routes. Running half as$ and not giving it his all on plays. Not laying out like he did in his contract year. He got paid and then got lazy. EXACTLY like Meshawn did.

Sanchez COULD have been a far better QB than he is if it wasn't for Tanny & company screwing him by not giving him consistant receivers. Holmes is the ONLY WR he's had for any time & its difficult to build a rapport with a WR if they refuse to even try but will be the first to talk $hit about the QB when he wasn't getting the ball. Read the book titled "Just Give Me the damn ball" & you'll see a mirror image of Holmes. Holmes (like Meshawn) is a legend in his own mind.

Again read the thread. The point of the conversation is is he worth a 5th rounder. No one is blaming Sanchez for Holmes production. What is being said is his #s are low because he plays here in a pedestrian Offense. Sanchez is just one piece of that puzzle that was mentioned. As far as your getting lazy remark 2011 he had his highest TD year with the Jets tying his all time. Also before he was hurt he was averaging 70 yards a game. No one on this team is doing that now. Who on the roster has stepped up? Kerley is the closest with and average of 58 YPG. I am not saying the dude is perfect. All I am saying is he was worth a 5th at the time of trade.
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 09 December 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Again read the thread. The point of the conversation is is he worth a 5th rounder. No one is blaming Sanchez for Holmes production. What is being said is his #s are low because he plays here in a pedestrian Offense. Sanchez is just one piece of that puzzle that was mentioned. As far as your getting lazy remark 2011 he had his highest TD year with the Jets tying his all time. Also before he was hurt he was averaging 70 yards a game. No one on this team is doing that now. Who on the roster has stepped up? Kerley is the closest with and average of 58 YPG. I am not saying the dude is perfect. All I am saying is he was worth a 5th at the time of trade.

Who on the team has stepped up? Really? Look at our receiving corps and tell me even ONE player other than Hill that would even be a #3 or #4 on any other team. We don't have any real #1, #2 or #3 receivers. Kerley would be a 3. Hill would be a 3 or 4. We don't have any real receivers.

You talk of Homle's "career" TD's in 2011. Wow. He averaged 54.5 yards per game & ONE TD for every TWO games. That does NOT make him a valuable commodity. A 5th rounder at best is what it makes him worth because he's not the legend or superstar he seems to think he is.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#26 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 09 December 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Who on the team has stepped up? Really? Look at our receiving corps and tell me even ONE player other than Hill that would even be a #3 or #4 on any other team. We don't have any real #1, #2 or #3 receivers. Kerley would be a 3. Hill would be a 3 or 4. We don't have any real receivers.

So you are saying Holmes is our best WR? Seems to me like he is well worth the 5th rounder. His TD total was in response to your "Lazy" comment. I never said it was a great #.
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

But he wasn't traded for "a 5th rounder". He was traded for a 5th rounder with the notion that we'd be giving him #1 WR money a year later. It wasn't just the draft pick that we gave up, we also gave him the biggest payday he'll see and we knew that we would going into the trade. His contract situation played a huge part in Pittsburgh trying to move him.

#28 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 09 December 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

But he wasn't traded for "a 5th rounder". He was traded for a 5th rounder with the notion that we'd be giving him #1 WR money a year later. It wasn't just the draft pick that we gave up, we also gave him the biggest payday he'll see and we knew that we would going into the trade. His contract situation played a huge part in Pittsburgh trying to move him.

We only gave up a 5th. we had no commitment to him. we coulda signed braylon and let him walk. The tarde in itself was a great move. a no risk draft pick for a stud WR that helped us get to the AFC champ game.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

That 5th round draft pick? It was traded to the Cardinals for Antonio Brown (a 6th round pick) and Bryant McFadden. The 5th round pick was used to draft John Skelton.

http://en.wikipedia....nio_Holmes#2010

#30 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 09 December 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

Who's "Notion" was that? Or were you assuming? :victory:/> I am sure they had planned to give him a contract if he performed which he did. Personally I liked BE, but his antics were stupid. He was very immature. I still think Holmes was the better choice between the two at the time but why we paid Burress $3 Mill when we could have had BE for $1 is beyond me. Bottom line is Tanny has made some bad decisions the past few years.
Posted Image

#31 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 09 December 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I am assuming you did not read any of the thread. You are agreeing with me. What I said was Holmes trade value can't be dertermined by his stats here. I brought up Brady and Peyton to show that. The point was stats don't prove anything. If we exchanged Welker and Holmes I bet Holmes would be just as productive as Welker and vice versa. Anyone who does not think Holmes is not worth a 5th rounder is fooling themselves.

Brady wouldn't use Holmes. Notice NE wouldn't waste time with Chad Johnson, a lazy and overrated receiver like Holmes (Johnson was better BTW].

#32 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 10 December 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

(Johnson was better BTW].

Is it 4:20 where you live? Are you saying at the time of the trade he was not worth the 5th round we gave for him? Where is Johnson right now? Oh yea.... at home.
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 07 December 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

Lets be honest, his best trade was to his buddy Mangini for the Sanchez pick. Outside of that, he gambles on players that wore out their welcome on their teams with the hope of turning them around. He lucked out with Cro, he bombed with Holmes. He usually gives up mid round picks for malcontent players with production. It's the BB formula, except BB stockpiles picks so when these trades don't work out, the Pats move on fairly quickly. Tanny forgot that part so when he trades picks away, those players better work out, otherwise we're stuck with guys like Chaz Schillens and Clyde Gates.

His record with FAs is shitty to say the least. Out of the guys he "lured", he basically paid more than anyone else. He lured them in the same way that Steinbrenner "lured" players to the Yankees: paying them more than what they were worth. Pace and Faneca were made the highest paid players at their respective positions at the time of their signings. He "lured" Bart Scott by giving him an extra year on his contract (which the Ravens refused to do)... and now we're stuck with him because he has outlived his usefullness. LT was a decent signing I guess, but what was the market for him?

I disagree. His worst move by far was to trade for the 5th pick and take Sanchez. When you declare a player to be your future at the QB position and pay him accordingly only to see him bomb it sets your team back years. Sure, Sanchez was able to manage the team in a controlled setting when the defense was exemplary and the running game near the best in the league. But annointed Franchise QB's carry teams when they are living up to their expectations.

So here we are with a QB that wins a game against maybe the worst team in the league and does so by handing the ball off all day and passing for 111 yards. And that's considered a good day for him because no one was able to complain. But we have to pay him a fortune guaranteed so it will impact our team for another couple of years at best.

As for Rex staying - it is probably true but it is the wrong move if we replace the GM - and we should. A GM should come in with his own coach. Rex requires a certain getting used to and his own logic in dealing with the talent situation is poor. I believe he was a strong influence in who they drafted. And his defense of Sanchez was and is confusing at best.

The smart move is to clean house. Sanchez can act as a backup to either McElroy or a veteran we pick up until we can clear him from the payroll.

#34 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 11 December 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

Is it 4:20 where you live? Are you saying at the time of the trade he was not worth the 5th round we gave for him? Where is Johnson right now? Oh yea.... at home.

He wasn't because he was an inevitable headache. The fact that he did it after getting a contract just makes it worse and is not in a vacuum.

#35 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 11 December 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

He wasn't because he was an inevitable headache. The fact that he did it after getting a contract just makes it worse and is not in a vacuum.

It is easy to say that after the fact. I am not sure if you read how this topic was started but this coversation is about if Tanny should have made the trade or not. Which derived from how good of a talent evaluator he is. My opinion is at the time of trade he was worth a 5th. Looking back it is easy to say no but at the time it was a very good trade. I do not recall anyone being upset at the time of the trade. He is still the best WR on the team.
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

View Postchocomag, on 11 December 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

I disagree. His worst move by far was to trade for the 5th pick and take Sanchez. When you declare a player to be your future at the QB position and pay him accordingly only to see him bomb it sets your team back years. Sure, Sanchez was able to manage the team in a controlled setting when the defense was exemplary and the running game near the best in the league. But annointed Franchise QB's carry teams when they are living up to their expectations.

So here we are with a QB that wins a game against maybe the worst team in the league and does so by handing the ball off all day and passing for 111 yards. And that's considered a good day for him because no one was able to complain. But we have to pay him a fortune guaranteed so it will impact our team for another couple of years at best.

As for Rex staying - it is probably true but it is the wrong move if we replace the GM - and we should. A GM should come in with his own coach. Rex requires a certain getting used to and his own logic in dealing with the talent situation is poor. I believe he was a strong influence in who they drafted. And his defense of Sanchez was and is confusing at best.

The smart move is to clean house. Sanchez can act as a backup to either McElroy or a veteran we pick up until we can clear him from the payroll.

I'm so tired of hearing about how the Jets were wrong for trading up to get the #5 pick in 2009 to get Sanchez. You guys that keep harping on that act like we gave up all the gold in Fort Knox to get Sanchez. Who did we give up to get the #5 pick? Anybody that we miss? Anybody who would make the Jets a better team right now?

Abram Elam, Kenyon Coleman, Brett Ratliff, and the #17 pick (Josh Freeman). Mark Sanchez could turn into Tim Couch and we still got the better end of that trade.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#37 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 11 December 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

It is easy to say that after the fact. I am not sure if you read how this topic was started but this coversation is about if Tanny should have made the trade or not. Which derived from how good of a talent evaluator he is. My opinion is at the time of trade he was worth a 5th. Looking back it is easy to say no but at the time it was a very good trade. I do not recall anyone being upset at the time of the trade. He is still the best WR on the team.

I liked the trade at the time, but it was only with the idea we wouldn't resign him. Resigning him showed they had the intent to keep him. And being the biggest turd in the bowl isn't great. Somedays Clemens11 is the best poster on the board, but it is just because EJ and SHJ are the only other two posting.

#38 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 12 December 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

Somedays Clemens11 is the best poster on the board, but it is just because EJ and SHJ are the only other two posting.

That's Tebow15 to you, mister
Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 12 December 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

I liked the trade at the time, but it was only with the idea we wouldn't resign him. Resigning him showed they had the intent to keep him. And being the biggest turd in the bowl isn't great. Somedays Clemens11 is the best poster on the board, but it is just because EJ and SHJ are the only other two posting.

So you did like the trade? Then we agree. The rest of the discussion is outside of this thread. The discussion is should we have traded for him, Not should we have signed him or if in hind sight it was a good trade. This thread is about Tanny and his ability to aquire talent.
Posted Image

#40 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

Honestly I believe Holmes is deliberately slacking off because in he doesn't think Sanchez is a good qb and because of that he is deliberately not playing at his peak (maybe only giving 50% effort) because he is hoping for a trade to a contending team or at least a better team.

Whether that that is a bitch move or not or players dont want to play for a team that is going in the wrong direction.

Its not like it hasn't been done before. Players looking really bad and at the end of their career then they go to a better team and look like they never even lost a step.

Randy Moss comes to mind in that regard. He looked like a receiver that didn't belong in the league any more when he was with the raiders. his production was that bad. Then he goes to the Patriots for cheap and looks great.

So yes I think it is more deliberate slacking off on Holmes part as opposed to losing a step because he is unhappy on the team.

We all know how receivers and corners can be on teams. Especially receivers. So many are primadonnas.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users