NYJetsFan.com Forums: Why Sanchez Is Uncuttable And Will Be Back In 2013 - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets hire Maccagnan as GM and Bowles as HC. Who's starting the billboard fundraiser?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 January 2015 - 09:21 PM) Mangini 49ers DC
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 January 2015 - 09:21 PM) Bad hire, the 49ers are seriously downgrading in coach. Going from Harbuagh to Tomsula, now Fangio to Mangini
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 January 2015 - 10:06 PM) Lol wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:17 AM) I hate when people say mangini built our team, I didn't know he was gm. Tannenbaum was good at making moves
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 02:05 PM) Bowles added pepper Johnson as dl coach, nice
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 04:13 PM) FIRE JOHNSON
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 04:13 PM) MORE TURNOVER
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 06:05 PM) I'm loving all these additions to the JETS coaching staff
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 06:06 PM) I can't wait to see what Maccagnan does in Free Agency and in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 07:40 PM) @AlbertBreer
The Jets are hiring Bears nat'l scout Rex Hogan as their director of college scouting. Chicago has released him from his contract
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 07:40 PM) @AlbertBreer 14m14 minutes ago
The Jets are also hiring Rams scout Brian Heimerdinger to a prominent front-office role. St. Louis let him out of his deal.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 07:48 PM) Heimerdinger is our director of player personnel now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:12 PM) That is Mike Heimerdinger's son who used to be our OC in 05
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:12 PM) hopefully his son isn't as horrible as his pop was at play calling
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:17 PM) Everyone looks like a bad playcaller when you have no QB and have no talent
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:18 PM) When Heimerdinger was our OC it was when we had a ton of injuries on offense, were down to our 4th or 5th string QB
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:42 PM) FIRE HOGAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:42 PM) FIRE HEIMERDINGER
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:47 PM) STFU Harlem you are f***ing getting real annoying with this FIRE bullshit
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 09:13 PM) I thought you didn't pay attention to me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 09:14 PM) You aaaaaare the wind beneath my wiiiiiiiiiings
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 09:33 PM) I wonder if any possible new members come here, see no new posts for days and these about box conversations and wonder how the f*** this site is operational
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 January 2015 - 12:22 AM) Would u rather FIRE EVERYONE or SUCK FOR THE DUCK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 January 2015 - 05:20 PM) Looks like we are having a blizzard the next 2 days over here.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 January 2015 - 06:50 PM) My boss still said to come in lol
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 January 2015 - 06:50 PM) Possibility for midday dismissal though
Chadforpresi... Icon : (25 January 2015 - 09:52 PM) FIRE HARLEM
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 January 2015 - 01:11 AM) FIRE YOU
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 January 2015 - 12:07 PM) FIRE NYJETSFAN.COM
azjetfan Icon : (26 January 2015 - 05:36 PM) this site has become dismal.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 January 2015 - 06:47 PM) Thanks Obama.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 January 2015 - 06:49 PM) But really for all of you complaining about the site. What is there to talk about? We have a new GM and HC that we don't know how good or bad they'll be yet. So there really isn't much to talk about with the draft still months away.
azjetfan Icon : (26 January 2015 - 09:59 PM) Even I can't blame Obama :drinks:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 January 2015 - 11:42 PM) It could be worse
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 January 2015 - 11:42 PM) we could be Phinzrage
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 January 2015 - 11:43 PM) We got nothing to talk about
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 January 2015 - 09:43 AM) HIRE MR JET
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 January 2015 - 11:17 AM) There are some good OGs available in FA, we have to sign one
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 January 2015 - 11:18 AM) Willie Colon was rated as one of the worst in football last season. So was Winters. Oday shows promise
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 January 2015 - 11:18 AM) Orlando Franklin, Mike Iupati, Clint Boling. Should sign one
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 January 2015 - 12:34 PM) Franklin or Iupati would be great
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 January 2015 - 01:46 PM) hey reg how did you make out in this storm?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 January 2015 - 01:47 PM) we got slammed with snow but the wind didn't knock out our power so I made out pretty unscathed here in RI
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:14 PM) What sucks is that the NFL isn't going to throw the book at those CHEATS even though they may be found GUILTY
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 PM) This place is a GHOST TOWN
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Why Sanchez Is Uncuttable And Will Be Back In 2013

#1 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,628
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

You’ve been hearing a lot about how the Jets are stuck with QB Mark Sanchez for 2013 because of his contract. Here’s an explanation on why that likely is the case:

Sanchez's salary-cap number for next season is $12.8 million. If the Jets cut him, they will incur a crippling $17.1 million cap charge in 2013, according to figures obtained by ESPNNewYork.com. That bloated charge would include his $8.25 million salary guarantee. There’s no off-set in the contract, meaning the Jets are on the hook for the entire salary regardless of how much he receives from another team. They could designate him as a June 1 cut. That would spread the cap charge over two seasons -- $12.35 million in ’13 and $4.8 million in ’14. Bottom line: He’s uncuttable.

If the Jets trade Sanchez, they’d get hit with an $8.9 million cap charge in ’13, but no team in its right mind would pick up the $8.25 million guarantee. They could renegotiate the contract, the way the Rams did with OT Jason Smith before trading him to the Jets. But that still would require the Jets to pay a large chunk of the $8.25 million guarantee – and that would count on the ’13 cap. Even if another team is willing to pay half -- I'm being generous -- the Jets still would get stuck with about $13 million in “dead” money – and they’d have to write him a $4 million-plus check to go away.

Unless Sanchez is willing to make some concessions – maybe he’ll be desperate for a change of scenery – it looks like he’ll be back in 2013. We might not be able to say the same for the people who thought it was a wise move to renegotiate his contract last offseason.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,905
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

If I was sanchez i would tell them to renegotiate my nuts
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#3 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 195
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 09 December 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

You’ve been hearing a lot about how the Jets are stuck with QB Mark Sanchez for 2013 because of his contract. Here’s an explanation on why that likely is the case:

Sanchez's salary-cap number for next season is $12.8 million. If the Jets cut him, they will incur a crippling $17.1 million cap charge in 2013, according to figures obtained by ESPNNewYork.com. That bloated charge would include his $8.25 million salary guarantee. There’s no off-set in the contract, meaning the Jets are on the hook for the entire salary regardless of how much he receives from another team. They could designate him as a June 1 cut. That would spread the cap charge over two seasons -- $12.35 million in ’13 and $4.8 million in ’14. Bottom line: He’s uncuttable.

If the Jets trade Sanchez, they’d get hit with an $8.9 million cap charge in ’13, but no team in its right mind would pick up the $8.25 million guarantee. They could renegotiate the contract, the way the Rams did with OT Jason Smith before trading him to the Jets. But that still would require the Jets to pay a large chunk of the $8.25 million guarantee – and that would count on the ’13 cap. Even if another team is willing to pay half -- I'm being generous -- the Jets still would get stuck with about $13 million in “dead” money – and they’d have to write him a $4 million-plus check to go away.

Unless Sanchez is willing to make some concessions – maybe he’ll be desperate for a change of scenery – it looks like he’ll be back in 2013. We might not be able to say the same for the people who thought it was a wise move to renegotiate his contract last off season.

Agree with everything you said. And I would still make him a June 1 cut. My reason is that I believe McElroy is a better QB than Sanchez and he costs us next to nothing. So putting McElroy in as the starter and a normal backup would not cost us much more than the normal QB position costs and we could at least move forward. Sanchez is not miraculously going to turn it around so every year we have him is another year down the drain. OR, we could simply switch their roles so Sanchez backs up McElroy. No change on salary cap. No matter what, we need to move forward. This organization has gone from credible to a joke very rapidly. We have a GM who can't evaluate talent consistently, a coach who can't see what everyone else sees plainly and a QB who is worse now than when he was a rookie. Not good.
0

#4 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,270
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

View Postchocomag, on 14 December 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

Agree with everything you said. And I would still make him a June 1 cut. My reason is that I believe McElroy is a better QB than Sanchez and he costs us next to nothing. So putting McElroy in as the starter and a normal backup would not cost us much more than the normal QB position costs and we could at least move forward. Sanchez is not miraculously going to turn it around so every year we have him is another year down the drain. OR, we could simply switch their roles so Sanchez backs up McElroy. No change on salary cap. No matter what, we need to move forward. This organization has gone from credible to a joke very rapidly. We have a GM who can't evaluate talent consistently, a coach who can't see what everyone else sees plainly and a QB who is worse now than when he was a rookie. Not good.


But what regular backup would you bring in to challenge McElroy? There are few decent second string guys around the league who would be capable of providing much quality competition as a #2 QB, and fewer with anywhere near as much meaningful playing time as Sanchez. Anointing McElroy the starter with no viable backup would just be a huge gamble to take.

Unless we draft another QB in the early rounds of the draft - which would likely mean we neglect other equally pressing needs, then the best case scenario (or best worst given how frustrating it is not to have a settled situation under centre) both strategically and financially would be to keep Sanchez and chuck him into a true QB competition with McElroy and whoever else is on the roster. (Let's assume Tebow is out of the question here as he's not gotten close to a claim to play QB this year.)
0

#5 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 264
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

We should have Sanchez wear #6 and then people will think he is Tebow. The Tebow fans don't know what it looks like when Tebow plays, so they wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#6 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 195
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 14 December 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

But what regular backup would you bring in to challenge McElroy? There are few decent second string guys around the league who would be capable of providing much quality competition as a #2 QB, and fewer with anywhere near as much meaningful playing time as Sanchez. Anointing McElroy the starter with no viable backup would just be a huge gamble to take.

Unless we draft another QB in the early rounds of the draft - which would likely mean we neglect other equally pressing needs, then the best case scenario (or best worst given how frustrating it is not to have a settled situation under centre) both strategically and financially would be to keep Sanchez and chuck him into a true QB competition with McElroy and whoever else is on the roster. (Let's assume Tebow is out of the question here as he's not gotten close to a claim to play QB this year.)

To begin with we have to understand there is no ideal answer to any of this. We have management that for some reason that eludes me felt it necessary to reward Sanchez last year for having a bad season and for them not being able to lure Manning to this disorganization. Once that was done, unless he proved worthy (and we all know he didn't - get that Rex - HE DIDN'T and WON'T) we were screwed. So, drafting another QB relatively high would be stupid as this years crop on paper is not good and we have too many other holes. I say we proceed with McElroy and leave Sanchez on the bench as the number 2. David Carr was horrendous and he is the number 2 of the Giants. We can live with that for Sanchez. But if we want to bring someone in to challenge McElroy then we are not settling things down but making them more fluid. That's something this team doesn't need right now. The kid won a National Championship. Build the defense, release Scott, Thomas and MAYBE Pace, sign Landry and get our guys healthy. On offense, keep Edwards, Holmes, Kerley and Keller/Cumberland, as our mainstays. Keep Powell and McKnight and let Greene go (hate to but he is a free agent and Powell is better)and draft LB's that can pressure the passer. With a healthy Revis to go with Bell, Cromartie and Landry and our front 4, we are a Von Miller typw away from a very very good defense. Then McElroy would have to manage the offense and he should be excellent at that.
0

#7 User is online   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,128
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

I wish I got $8,250,000 every time someone hurt my feelings
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#8 User is offline   wichitacommish Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 204
  • Joined: 01-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Heart of the Heartland
  • Interests:My Kids.
    The Jets.
    Fantasy Football.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

View Postchocomag, on 18 December 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

To begin with we have to understand there is no ideal answer to any of this. We have management that for some reason that eludes me felt it necessary to reward Sanchez last year for having a bad season and for them not being able to lure Manning to this disorganization. Once that was done, unless he proved worthy (and we all know he didn't - get that Rex - HE DIDN'T and WON'T) we were screwed. So, drafting another QB relatively high would be stupid as this years crop on paper is not good and we have too many other holes. I say we proceed with McElroy and leave Sanchez on the bench as the number 2. David Carr was horrendous and he is the number 2 of the Giants. We can live with that for Sanchez. But if we want to bring someone in to challenge McElroy then we are not settling things down but making them more fluid. That's something this team doesn't need right now. The kid won a National Championship. Build the defense, release Scott, Thomas and MAYBE Pace, sign Landry and get our guys healthy. On offense, keep Edwards, Holmes, Kerley and Keller/Cumberland, as our mainstays. Keep Powell and McKnight and let Greene go (hate to but he is a free agent and Powell is better)and draft LB's that can pressure the passer. With a healthy Revis to go with Bell, Cromartie and Landry and our front 4, we are a Von Miller typw away from a very very good defense. Then McElroy would have to manage the offense and he should be excellent at that.


Awesome! Agree with everything you said except one thing. Trade Revis for draft picks.....There done. We are competitive and potentially a pleasure to watch with a lot of new talent... Well provided Tanny can find some.
0

#9 User is online   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,128
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Are we really on this trade Revis for draft picks bullshit again?
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 18 December 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

Are we really on this trade Revis for draft picks bullshit again?


Yea. I love watching Kyle Wilson in coverage. We need to draft a G and a TE so to hell with the best guy to come around in a generation to play CB.
0

#11 User is online   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,128
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 18 December 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Yea. I love watching Kyle Wilson in coverage. We need to draft a G and a TE so to hell with the best guy to come around in a generation to play CB.


It's funny, I said it before...all these older Jets fans always want to bitch and moan about never hitting it big on a player, and when the team finally gets someone who will go down as one of, if not the best player to play his position, they want him traded
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#12 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,301
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 18 December 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

Are we really on this trade Revis for draft picks bullshit again?


I wish I could tie people who say "trade Revis" to a chair and make them watch every play the Jets ever had on defense during the Herm Edwards era.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#13 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,905
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

now I know why fireman ed said nope no more
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#14 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 195
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

View Postwichitacommish, on 18 December 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

Awesome! Agree with everything you said except one thing. Trade Revis for draft picks.....There done. We are competitive and potentially a pleasure to watch with a lot of new talent... Well provided Tanny can find some.

I think you believe if we traded Revis for draft picks we would get a boatload and they would all turn out to be starters. Think about how many draft picks never pan out against possibly one of the greatest corners to ever play the game. I say possibly because he hasn't played long enough and he is coming off that knee.

But I for one would not trade him (see Adrian Peterson and his knee as he attempts to break the all time rushing record). he is not just a great player but a leader and heaven knows we need some of that.

I say we should face reality and draft defense plus a tackle and work with McElroy. Change GM's and that will stabilize the franchise for the year and allow us to evaluate talent rather than jump to stupid conclusions as the Jets did more than once.
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users