NYJetsFan.com Forums: Why Sanchez Is Uncuttable And Will Be Back In 2013 - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (19 December 2014 - 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:09 PM) Atlanta would be a good landing spot for REx. He'll have Matt Ryan there so no need to develop a QB and he'll make the defense better
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:54 PM) He's not a good hc. He'll struggle anywhere.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) Idk. I bet if he had a good offensive supporting cast with established players he would do fine. He just can't develop players. It may be like the Gruden going to the Bucs but in reverse
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:19 PM) The Redskins are In this game, I am rooting for them so we move up a spot in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:17 PM) if he goes anywhere he needs a quality QB. He can't develop a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:18 PM) Manish wrote a article how the Jets have to hire Nick Caserio as their GM and Josh McDaniels as their HC
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:29 AM) Anything Manish writes is either garbage of stolen.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 07:59 AM) He doesn't develop anything on offense.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Why Sanchez Is Uncuttable And Will Be Back In 2013

#1 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,596
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

You’ve been hearing a lot about how the Jets are stuck with QB Mark Sanchez for 2013 because of his contract. Here’s an explanation on why that likely is the case:

Sanchez's salary-cap number for next season is $12.8 million. If the Jets cut him, they will incur a crippling $17.1 million cap charge in 2013, according to figures obtained by ESPNNewYork.com. That bloated charge would include his $8.25 million salary guarantee. There’s no off-set in the contract, meaning the Jets are on the hook for the entire salary regardless of how much he receives from another team. They could designate him as a June 1 cut. That would spread the cap charge over two seasons -- $12.35 million in ’13 and $4.8 million in ’14. Bottom line: He’s uncuttable.

If the Jets trade Sanchez, they’d get hit with an $8.9 million cap charge in ’13, but no team in its right mind would pick up the $8.25 million guarantee. They could renegotiate the contract, the way the Rams did with OT Jason Smith before trading him to the Jets. But that still would require the Jets to pay a large chunk of the $8.25 million guarantee – and that would count on the ’13 cap. Even if another team is willing to pay half -- I'm being generous -- the Jets still would get stuck with about $13 million in “dead” money – and they’d have to write him a $4 million-plus check to go away.

Unless Sanchez is willing to make some concessions – maybe he’ll be desperate for a change of scenery – it looks like he’ll be back in 2013. We might not be able to say the same for the people who thought it was a wise move to renegotiate his contract last offseason.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#2 User is online   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,889
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

If I was sanchez i would tell them to renegotiate my nuts
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#3 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 194
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 09 December 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

You’ve been hearing a lot about how the Jets are stuck with QB Mark Sanchez for 2013 because of his contract. Here’s an explanation on why that likely is the case:

Sanchez's salary-cap number for next season is $12.8 million. If the Jets cut him, they will incur a crippling $17.1 million cap charge in 2013, according to figures obtained by ESPNNewYork.com. That bloated charge would include his $8.25 million salary guarantee. There’s no off-set in the contract, meaning the Jets are on the hook for the entire salary regardless of how much he receives from another team. They could designate him as a June 1 cut. That would spread the cap charge over two seasons -- $12.35 million in ’13 and $4.8 million in ’14. Bottom line: He’s uncuttable.

If the Jets trade Sanchez, they’d get hit with an $8.9 million cap charge in ’13, but no team in its right mind would pick up the $8.25 million guarantee. They could renegotiate the contract, the way the Rams did with OT Jason Smith before trading him to the Jets. But that still would require the Jets to pay a large chunk of the $8.25 million guarantee – and that would count on the ’13 cap. Even if another team is willing to pay half -- I'm being generous -- the Jets still would get stuck with about $13 million in “dead” money – and they’d have to write him a $4 million-plus check to go away.

Unless Sanchez is willing to make some concessions – maybe he’ll be desperate for a change of scenery – it looks like he’ll be back in 2013. We might not be able to say the same for the people who thought it was a wise move to renegotiate his contract last off season.

Agree with everything you said. And I would still make him a June 1 cut. My reason is that I believe McElroy is a better QB than Sanchez and he costs us next to nothing. So putting McElroy in as the starter and a normal backup would not cost us much more than the normal QB position costs and we could at least move forward. Sanchez is not miraculously going to turn it around so every year we have him is another year down the drain. OR, we could simply switch their roles so Sanchez backs up McElroy. No change on salary cap. No matter what, we need to move forward. This organization has gone from credible to a joke very rapidly. We have a GM who can't evaluate talent consistently, a coach who can't see what everyone else sees plainly and a QB who is worse now than when he was a rookie. Not good.
0

#4 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,267
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

View Postchocomag, on 14 December 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

Agree with everything you said. And I would still make him a June 1 cut. My reason is that I believe McElroy is a better QB than Sanchez and he costs us next to nothing. So putting McElroy in as the starter and a normal backup would not cost us much more than the normal QB position costs and we could at least move forward. Sanchez is not miraculously going to turn it around so every year we have him is another year down the drain. OR, we could simply switch their roles so Sanchez backs up McElroy. No change on salary cap. No matter what, we need to move forward. This organization has gone from credible to a joke very rapidly. We have a GM who can't evaluate talent consistently, a coach who can't see what everyone else sees plainly and a QB who is worse now than when he was a rookie. Not good.


But what regular backup would you bring in to challenge McElroy? There are few decent second string guys around the league who would be capable of providing much quality competition as a #2 QB, and fewer with anywhere near as much meaningful playing time as Sanchez. Anointing McElroy the starter with no viable backup would just be a huge gamble to take.

Unless we draft another QB in the early rounds of the draft - which would likely mean we neglect other equally pressing needs, then the best case scenario (or best worst given how frustrating it is not to have a settled situation under centre) both strategically and financially would be to keep Sanchez and chuck him into a true QB competition with McElroy and whoever else is on the roster. (Let's assume Tebow is out of the question here as he's not gotten close to a claim to play QB this year.)
0

#5 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 244
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

We should have Sanchez wear #6 and then people will think he is Tebow. The Tebow fans don't know what it looks like when Tebow plays, so they wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#6 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 194
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 14 December 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

But what regular backup would you bring in to challenge McElroy? There are few decent second string guys around the league who would be capable of providing much quality competition as a #2 QB, and fewer with anywhere near as much meaningful playing time as Sanchez. Anointing McElroy the starter with no viable backup would just be a huge gamble to take.

Unless we draft another QB in the early rounds of the draft - which would likely mean we neglect other equally pressing needs, then the best case scenario (or best worst given how frustrating it is not to have a settled situation under centre) both strategically and financially would be to keep Sanchez and chuck him into a true QB competition with McElroy and whoever else is on the roster. (Let's assume Tebow is out of the question here as he's not gotten close to a claim to play QB this year.)

To begin with we have to understand there is no ideal answer to any of this. We have management that for some reason that eludes me felt it necessary to reward Sanchez last year for having a bad season and for them not being able to lure Manning to this disorganization. Once that was done, unless he proved worthy (and we all know he didn't - get that Rex - HE DIDN'T and WON'T) we were screwed. So, drafting another QB relatively high would be stupid as this years crop on paper is not good and we have too many other holes. I say we proceed with McElroy and leave Sanchez on the bench as the number 2. David Carr was horrendous and he is the number 2 of the Giants. We can live with that for Sanchez. But if we want to bring someone in to challenge McElroy then we are not settling things down but making them more fluid. That's something this team doesn't need right now. The kid won a National Championship. Build the defense, release Scott, Thomas and MAYBE Pace, sign Landry and get our guys healthy. On offense, keep Edwards, Holmes, Kerley and Keller/Cumberland, as our mainstays. Keep Powell and McKnight and let Greene go (hate to but he is a free agent and Powell is better)and draft LB's that can pressure the passer. With a healthy Revis to go with Bell, Cromartie and Landry and our front 4, we are a Von Miller typw away from a very very good defense. Then McElroy would have to manage the offense and he should be excellent at that.
0

#7 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,116
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

I wish I got $8,250,000 every time someone hurt my feelings
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#8 User is offline   wichitacommish Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 204
  • Joined: 01-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Heart of the Heartland
  • Interests:My Kids.
    The Jets.
    Fantasy Football.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

View Postchocomag, on 18 December 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

To begin with we have to understand there is no ideal answer to any of this. We have management that for some reason that eludes me felt it necessary to reward Sanchez last year for having a bad season and for them not being able to lure Manning to this disorganization. Once that was done, unless he proved worthy (and we all know he didn't - get that Rex - HE DIDN'T and WON'T) we were screwed. So, drafting another QB relatively high would be stupid as this years crop on paper is not good and we have too many other holes. I say we proceed with McElroy and leave Sanchez on the bench as the number 2. David Carr was horrendous and he is the number 2 of the Giants. We can live with that for Sanchez. But if we want to bring someone in to challenge McElroy then we are not settling things down but making them more fluid. That's something this team doesn't need right now. The kid won a National Championship. Build the defense, release Scott, Thomas and MAYBE Pace, sign Landry and get our guys healthy. On offense, keep Edwards, Holmes, Kerley and Keller/Cumberland, as our mainstays. Keep Powell and McKnight and let Greene go (hate to but he is a free agent and Powell is better)and draft LB's that can pressure the passer. With a healthy Revis to go with Bell, Cromartie and Landry and our front 4, we are a Von Miller typw away from a very very good defense. Then McElroy would have to manage the offense and he should be excellent at that.


Awesome! Agree with everything you said except one thing. Trade Revis for draft picks.....There done. We are competitive and potentially a pleasure to watch with a lot of new talent... Well provided Tanny can find some.
0

#9 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,116
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Are we really on this trade Revis for draft picks bullshit again?
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 18 December 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

Are we really on this trade Revis for draft picks bullshit again?


Yea. I love watching Kyle Wilson in coverage. We need to draft a G and a TE so to hell with the best guy to come around in a generation to play CB.
0

#11 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,116
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 18 December 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Yea. I love watching Kyle Wilson in coverage. We need to draft a G and a TE so to hell with the best guy to come around in a generation to play CB.


It's funny, I said it before...all these older Jets fans always want to bitch and moan about never hitting it big on a player, and when the team finally gets someone who will go down as one of, if not the best player to play his position, they want him traded
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#12 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,291
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 18 December 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

Are we really on this trade Revis for draft picks bullshit again?


I wish I could tie people who say "trade Revis" to a chair and make them watch every play the Jets ever had on defense during the Herm Edwards era.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#13 User is online   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,889
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

now I know why fireman ed said nope no more
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#14 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 194
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

View Postwichitacommish, on 18 December 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

Awesome! Agree with everything you said except one thing. Trade Revis for draft picks.....There done. We are competitive and potentially a pleasure to watch with a lot of new talent... Well provided Tanny can find some.

I think you believe if we traded Revis for draft picks we would get a boatload and they would all turn out to be starters. Think about how many draft picks never pan out against possibly one of the greatest corners to ever play the game. I say possibly because he hasn't played long enough and he is coming off that knee.

But I for one would not trade him (see Adrian Peterson and his knee as he attempts to break the all time rushing record). he is not just a great player but a leader and heaven knows we need some of that.

I say we should face reality and draft defense plus a tackle and work with McElroy. Change GM's and that will stabilize the franchise for the year and allow us to evaluate talent rather than jump to stupid conclusions as the Jets did more than once.
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users