NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets And The Playoffs??? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:16 PM) 27 and the all time leading goal scorer in european cup and la liga history... crazy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) raul ny cosmos hype is real!!... crazy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) I want nasri to bite neuer
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Agueroooooooo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Xabi at faulttttt
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:30 PM) SPEEEEED
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) KUUUUUNNNNN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) I like zabaleta a lot but hes such a dope haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) what a f***ing player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) unbelievable
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) Yeah
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) its decided city should be renamed to Aguero and friends
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) haha yeah zaba looks like a player who should of played 15 years ago when tackles like that were deemed good
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) jeez
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) mistakes by boateng and xabi
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) bayern exhausted from working with 10 men
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) aguero the long con
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) aguero isnt exhausted though
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) OP as fuck
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Pep will be fuming
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) no more fun practices for bayern
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) carrying team mates around and skipping
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) all eyes on tomorrow. Liverpool don't get a result and Rodgers seat is on fire
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) what
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) I thought I just read that liverpool is sticking with him
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:41 PM) they will, atleast until january... but if we do not get a result tomorrow, it'll go down hill even faster
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:41 PM) he won't survive the season if he doesnt figure it out
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:42 PM) moyes to liverpool confirmed!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) bayern two bad passes one bad tackle today punished by aguero
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) otherwise city looked rather crapola
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:47 PM) moyesy coaching in your favorite league now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) yeah i saw that he was at real sociedad
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:51 PM) http://gfycat.com/MilkyMajesticDingo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) also very casual
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) boca represent
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) http://gfycat.com/Of...ingAmazonparrot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) that is the most raul goal i have ever seen
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) What's our wish list for HC next year?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:37 PM) BILL LAZOR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) Why?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:09 PM) he worked with chip kelly and vick on the eagles. and has a cool name
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:41 PM) Eh
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:37 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Jets And The Playoffs???

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,042
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

With today's win, Jets have kept their chance of making their SLIM playoffs chances alive for yet another week. Current standings:

Seed - Team

1 - Houston
2 - Denver
3 - New England
4 - Baltimore
5 - Indianapolis
6 - Pittsburgh

7 - Cincinnati
8 - JETS
9 - Miami
10 - Cleveland
11 - San Diego
12 - Buffalo

13 - Tennessee
14 - Oakland
15 - Jacksonville
16 - Kansas City

http://www.cbssports...ngs/playoffrace

For the Jets to make the playoffs:
1. Jets need to win the remaining 3 (@ Titans, San Diego, @ Buffalo)
2. Pittsburgh needs to lose 2 out of the 3 (@ Dallas, Cincinnati, Cleveland)
3. Cincinnati needs to lose 1 out of the 3 (@ Philadelphia, @ Pittsburgh, Baltimore)

0

#2 User is offline   nejets2820 Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 841
  • Joined: 16-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toms River,NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

idk if im happy, or if im pissed.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,042
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

View Postnejets2820, on 09 December 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

idk if im happy, or if im pissed.


Agreed. The playoffs are a whole different season for teams (look at the Giants) but the Jets are just sorry looking.

Miami losing today would be really helpful or the Jets would share a 6-7 record with them.
0

#4 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,596
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Guys.....stop being so pissed if we make the playoffs. Take a look at this season & then take a look back to 2009. Notice any similarities? IF you don't know what I'm talking about, you REALLY need to go and look it up. Hell.....even without making a run, it would be amazing that this ragtag bunch even makes it.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#5 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,266
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Surely the Jets still being alive says a lot about the quality of the AFC this year more than anything else. If the Jets make the playoffs, we'll do so by sleepwalking in. But I honestly can't see it happening.
0

#6 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,596
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Gotta think of it this way........a couple weeks ago, we all would've laughed if anyone started talking about possibilities of playoffs for the Jets. At least the team is beginning to make it interesting again. Even if Rex does seem like he's trying to tank it.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#7 User is online   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,275
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Getting into the playoffs would feel like rewarding the decisions of this clusterfuck of a front office we have. The team is still playing with no sense of urgency we still see no passion from the players. This team just does not deserve a playoff spot. Plus who here would really want to watch the Jets in the playoffs this year? Watching them now feels more like a chore more than anything else. The teams we're playing right now aren't any good either but that would change in the playoffs. I'm just not in the mood to watch this team take another ass whoppin' from the Patriots again this season. Because with our luck they would be the team we faced in the Wild Card round. And the team is so banged up this season I don't have the faith we could get that far without guys like Revis.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#8 User is offline   V DidDy 210 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 335
  • Joined: 16-December 08

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

I just don't want the team to sit on it's laurels if they do make it.

they're not a good team. regardless of how far in the playoffs they get. They'll be the best team any given sunday, but not the best overall.

and yeah I know only one of those things matters haha
0

#9 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,596
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 09 December 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

And the team is so banged up this season I don't have the faith we could get that far without guys like Revis.



Not being argumentative, but what does Revis have to do with anything? Its not our secondary that's getting beat up this year. It's our D-line & our LB's that have been abused.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#10 User is online   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,275
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 09 December 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

Not being argumentative, but what does Revis have to do with anything? Its not our secondary that's getting beat up this year. It's our D-line & our LB's that have been abused.


I know Revis is "greedy" demon spawn and all but having Revis out there against guys like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning might help the Jets chances at beating their teams in the playoffs. You know because he's kind of one of our best players despite being a greedy bastard.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#11 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,405
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 09 December 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Getting into the playoffs would feel like rewarding the decisions of this clusterfuck of a front office we have. The team is still playing with no sense of urgency we still see no passion from the players. This team just does not deserve a playoff spot. Plus who here would really want to watch the Jets in the playoffs this year? Watching them now feels more like a chore more than anything else. The teams we're playing right now aren't any good either but that would change in the playoffs. I'm just not in the mood to watch this team take another ass whoppin' from the Patriots again this season. Because with our luck they would be the team we faced in the Wild Card round. And the team is so banged up this season I don't have the faith we could get that far without guys like Revis.

I agree with you.

Making the playoffs would be more like a punishment imo. Unless this team could contend or at least have a good game in the playoffs I dont want them there. We have had enough embarrassment this year.I dont want any more.Nothing about this team tells me this team could compete.

Other than the Colts game this team has been pretty much blown out by every winning team the last two years. I would hate this team to make the playoffs and get totally destroyed by another team in the wild card round. I'm not even sure this team could handle the Colts now. They aren't the same team the Jets played early in the year.

Next the jets would automatically get a bottom 12 draft pick if they made the playoffs.
0

#12 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,405
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 09 December 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

I know Revis is "greedy" demon spawn and all but having Revis out there against guys like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning might help the Jets chances at beating their teams in the playoffs. You know because he's kind of one of our best players despite being a greedy bastard.

You forgot arsonist, baby killer, and necrophiliac.
0

#13 User is online   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,275
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 09 December 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

You forgot arsonist, baby killer, and necrophiliac.


And let's not forget Revis also burns down retirement homes too. That "scumbag."
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#14 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,982
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 09 December 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

You forgot arsonist, baby killer, and necrophiliac.

Wow... did I miss something?
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,405
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 09 December 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

Wow... did I miss something?

:sterb041:/>/> @zjetfan :sterb041:/>/>

Do you not realize we are joking? Some fans are constantly knocking Revis because he wants paid for his elite skills so its our way of saying f*ck you to those fans.

Sanchez deserves the criticism he gets. Revis doesn't.
0

#16 User is online   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,275
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 09 December 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

:sterb041:/>/>/> @zjetfan :sterb041:/>/>/>
Sanchez deserves the criticism he gets. Revis doesn't.



Yes but some folks go overboard with that too.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#17 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,042
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 09 December 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Getting into the playoffs would feel like rewarding the decisions of this clusterfuck of a front office we have. The team is still playing with no sense of urgency we still see no passion from the players. This team just does not deserve a playoff spot. Plus who here would really want to watch the Jets in the playoffs this year? Watching them now feels more like a chore more than anything else. The teams we're playing right now aren't any good either but that would change in the playoffs. I'm just not in the mood to watch this team take another ass whoppin' from the Patriots again this season. Because with our luck they would be the team we faced in the Wild Card round. And the team is so banged up this season I don't have the faith we could get that far without guys like Revis.


Hopefully, management isn't stupid enough to ignore what's happened all season IF the Jets luck into the postseason. I'm not giving them too much hope though. I can already envision the Rex guarantees and bravado if they sneak in.

View PostV DidDy 210, on 09 December 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

I just don't want the team to sit on it's laurels if they do make it.

they're not a good team. regardless of how far in the playoffs they get. They'll be the best team any given sunday, but not the best overall.

and yeah I know only one of those things matters haha


Completely agreed. No one cares about the better team. Be the best team on that Sunday and that's all that matters. Look at the recent Super Bowl participants. Mid way through last season, people were calling for Coughlin's head. 2008 had the Cardinals and 2007 the Giants again. If the best team won, 16-0 Patriots would have won the ring yet again.

View PostROBJETS, on 09 December 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

I agree with you.

Making the playoffs would be more like a punishment imo. Unless this team could contend or at least have a good game in the playoffs I dont want them there. We have had enough embarrassment this year.I dont want any more.Nothing about this team tells me this team could compete.

Other than the Colts game this team has been pretty much blown out by every winning team the last two years. I would hate this team to make the playoffs and get totally destroyed by another team in the wild card round. I'm not even sure this team could handle the Colts now. They aren't the same team the Jets played early in the year.

Next the jets would automatically get a bottom 12 draft pick if they made the playoffs.


Only way to find out if this team will have a good game in the playoffs is if they get in. Though I do not put much stock in their chances IF they do, I'm not giving up if they are. Like V stated earlier, any given Sunday. I would rather the Jets get in though than sit at home. You never know when they'll get a chance again. And it's not like you can't draft well in the later rounds, just need a competent GM.
0

#18 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,086
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

I mean its not blatantly unrealistic but the same time I have no expectations whatsoever
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#19 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,982
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 09 December 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

:sterb041:/>/>/> @zjetfan :sterb041:/>/>/>

Do you not realize we are joking? Some fans are constantly knocking Revis because he wants paid for his elite skills so its our way of saying f*ck you to those fans.

Sanchez deserves the criticism he gets. Revis doesn't.


I guess i dont see killing babys funny.
Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,596
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 09 December 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

I know Revis is "greedy" demon spawn and all but having Revis out there against guys like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning might help the Jets chances at beating their teams in the playoffs. You know because he's kind of one of our best players despite being a greedy bastard.


I agree that Revis WAS pretty much our best defensive player. That wasn't my point. My point was that the corners have done very well in his absence. Its almost as if there's no difference honestly because of the fact that it's NOT our corners getting beat up on. Cro has shut everyone down just as much as Revis did. Our D-line & our LB's are who have been abused is what I said.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users