NYJetsFan.com Forums: What Needs To Happen In Offseason 2012 - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 10:22 PM) Titans may pull this one out!
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:17 PM) Or not
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:18 PM) Mettle burger a 6th rounder played better than Geno or Sanchez
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) all these players that got cut today cause they bitched about touches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:35 PM) Ben Tate, LaGarret Blount and Jason Avant
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 01:37 PM) aldaon smith did too, but he didn't get cut
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) ALDAON SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) TEH MILBER
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) Fuck you lol ;)
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) and it was brooks anyway ;)
santana Icon : (19 November 2014 - 11:36 PM) Titties
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:46 AM) Raul is bringing nothing to the table
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:47 AM) TEH TABLE
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 12:59 PM) he really doesnt
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 12:59 PM) besides funding the site
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:00 PM) Looks like the game will be moved to Monday night in either Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Washington DC.
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:55 PM) that makes it sound like I AM THE TABLE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 November 2014 - 03:36 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:28 PM) lets go chaaaaaaaales
azjetfan Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:37 PM) We want raiders to win
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:59 PM) Michael Irvin pre-game, "Jamaal Charles makes defenders look like Ray Charles"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:00 PM) JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit as per Fox Sports Mike Garafalo
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) word
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) i wonder how much tickets could be
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) murray bringing it to the table for 05
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) well bringing it to his bench
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:22 PM) Unreal. My fantasy luck is awesome
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:25 PM) GIOVANI OCHO SANTOS
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:56 PM) RAUL IS TEH TABLE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

What Needs To Happen In Offseason 2012

#1 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

• NO FAT CHICKS
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

With the embarrassment on National TV last night, it's obvious that this organization needs to do a lot of changes, it is very obvious that we don't have a starting QB, we don't have a good GM, we don't have a good OC, and we don't have a HC that knows how to do the job. Now I know with the history that this organization has had with Woody Johnson as the owner of the JETS that we have never had a veteran HC and gone the route of rookie HC's (Edwards, Mangini and Ryan) it is time for Woody Johnson to stop the cycle and change the direction of this organization.

First things first, fire Tannenbaum, there shouldn't be a second wasted on thinking otherwise
Second, fire Rex, his schtick has run thin, and he was too overwhelmed to be the HC of the NYJ, so we need to bring in a veteran HC, I'll get to that in a few.
Third, eat the $17 mil cap hit and release Sanchez, we can't keep him here in NY, he deserves to just go to Siberia or somewhere that noone has ever seen him play football
Fourth, get rid of that glorified FB, he was a failed PR stunt, so just go ahead and get him the hell out NY
Fifth, we need to send a message to the NYJ by boycotting the game on Sunday.

Ok so the second point I made was to Fire Rex, there are plenty of options out there for the JETS to go out and get guys that know what they are doing as a HC of an NFL team,
1) Cowher has always been out there, will he leave his comfy CBS gig to come back to an NFL sideline, that is yet to be determined, and he should be given full control if he is brought on board in order to make this team work, so we would get rid of the GM position all together...
2) Gruden, who would actually hold players accountable and wouldn't be afraid to get into someones face when they don't do their job, will he leave the MNF booth,that is yet to be determined, if he is brought in, consider Bill Polian as the GM, in order to rebuild this organization, like he did in Indy.
3) Holmgren, he has proven to do well in the NFL, he helped right the ship in Cleveland, so he has had recent experience with how to fix a franchise that is in the dumps, has proven he can't be a GM/HC at the same time so he needs a GM like Polian or someone similar to take that responsibility.
4) Arians, yes he was a stop gap in Indy as their HC was recovering from Cancer, but he has helped turn the Colts into a playoff contender, so he wouldn't be a rookie HC but he'd be my 4th option if the other 3 didn't decide to take the job if Rex gets the axe, has familiarity with Polian, so he would work well if we brought him in with Polian.

This team is at a crossroads, what they do this offseason will dictate the direction this organization heads for the next few years...something needs to happen...and it needs to happen as soon as this season ends in 2 weeks...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

View Postganggreen2003, on 18 December 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

[b]First things first, fire Tannenbaum, there shouldn't be a second wasted on thinking otherwise
Second, fire Rex, his schtick has run thin, and he was too overwhelmed to be the HC of the NYJ, so we need to bring in a veteran HC, I'll get to that in a few.
Third, eat the $17 mil cap hit and release Sanchez, we can't keep him here in NY, he deserves to just go to Siberia or somewhere that noone has ever seen him play football
Fourth, get rid of that glorified FB, he was a failed PR stunt, so just go ahead and get him the hell out NY
Fifth, we need to send a message to the NYJ by boycotting the game on Sunday.

1. Tanny will be gone. Needs to happen. Has to happen.
2. Rex isn't going anywhere. He's going to get a pass this season because he got the team to the playoffs his first 2 years. He has an injury excuse. I just don't see Woody eating his contract.
3. Nope. No team is going to do that. Jets are not going to eat $26,753,125 over the course of the next 4 years. Yes, the math is right. That is $26 MILLION over 4 years to cut him. Jets have themselves a crappy starter or an expensive back up next season. [ http://nyjetscap.com/marksanchez.html ]
4. Agreed. He needs to be out.
5. Would love to see that happen. Or at least boo the hell out of them if you do attend.

Rex and Sanchez have an extra year. Sanchez doesn't deserve it. Fans are split on Rex. But I seriously doubt that those two won't be wearing green and white next season.

#3 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

View PostChaos, on 18 December 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

1. Tanny will be gone. Needs to happen. Has to happen.
2. Rex isn't going anywhere. He's going to get a pass this season because he got the team to the playoffs his first 2 years. He has an injury excuse. I just don't see Woody eating his contract.
3. Nope. No team is going to do that. Jets are not going to eat $26,753,125 over the course of the next 4 years. Yes, the math is right. That is $26 MILLION over 4 years to cut him. Jets have themselves a crappy starter or an expensive back up next season. [ http://nyjetscap.com/marksanchez.html ]
4. Agreed. He needs to be out.
5. Would love to see that happen. Or at least boo the hell out of them if you do attend.

Rex and Sanchez have an extra year. Sanchez doesn't deserve it. Fans are split on Rex. But I seriously doubt that those two won't be wearing green and white next season.

Anyone who reads my posts knows I have been down on Sanchez forever. I think he is a classy professional and a good person but a terrible terrible QB. I don't hate him I just don't want him playing. Having said that, we can't unload him to any other team unless the other team is ceritifiable. So we will most likely keep him as a backup in order to take less of a cap hit. If McElroy can prove to be a decent QB (I think he can), then we really don't lose anything salary wise - just reverse the order of the depth chart and pray McElroy doesn't get hurt.

I agree Tanny has to be reassigned. let him handle the salary cap and business stuff but get a GM in. Once we get a GM leave it to him to decide whether to keep Ryan or not. I think Ryan has lots of faults and personally don't think he is rational where Sanchez was concerned. But I can also hear when people say he has had to deal with injuries, inept drafting, poor talent and still has them at 6-8 with the worst QB in the league. The new GM should be better at making that decision.

#4 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

I have a feeling that rex is on a leash. Seems like tanny has more control over this team then anyone else even with coaching staff decisions. Tanny needs to be sent back to cap manager or let go.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users